youtube.com/watch?v=as1iB6SQJLM
Good Zhang Liao's gameplay clip:
youtube.com/watch?v=RyL4t8ozrKk
Good Cao Pi's gameplay clip:
youtube.com/watch?v=NvDpE675cfU
Thread Theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=A_sY2rjxq6M

Bulletin:
-Zhou Cang, Cheng Pu, Man Chong, Xu Sheng, Xun You, Cao Xiu and Xin Xianying are newcomers, and emotions are burning like the flames on a candle. Lu Kang for DW9XL
-Some characters have a mix of pre-DW6 designs with DW8 aesthetics, and I love barbeques.
-Aside from the usual costume, informal clothes are confirmed to be in. Mine better have flames on the side!
-DW9 will be open world. Everyone from 8XL and Xun Yu from Empires will return, including me!
-Whoever decided to take all the good weapons away should be burned with a fire attack.
-Spirit of Sanada doesn't have a Vita version. Let's threaten KT with a fire attack if they refuse to do so!
-Warriors All-Stars out now and it's shit, but my fire attacks are hot shit!
-Anyone who dares talk about Fire Emblem (Lovely name for an awful series) will dealt with via a fire attack.
-Xiahou Ba x Zhurong poster stay away from this thread, or I'll burn you with a fire attack!
-You can literally buy a shack for yourself in DW9, maybe you can burn them too!
-Only you can prevent forest fires, but no one can stop a well-placed fire attack!

I just don't know about this user...

dw9 isn't going to be shit

stop saying it's going to be shit you guys it's going to be great

You're just a little late, user, there's a new meme taking /eagg/ by storm. It's THE hot fashion accessory in Chengdu this season!

>this fucking bulletin

What is this shit?

Enough negativity. Say one thing (1) you actually like so far about DW9.

The future of /eagg/

Some of the designs aren't bad, and at least no one's getting cut.

The realism meme is presumably forcing them to try harder with the story which might result in some cool stuff here and there.

I couldn't get a good loop without it looking bad so... here's Xingcai walking forever from you.

Seriously, stop posting in threads with stupid OPs like this. Last time was the stupid "Welcome to the Ballroom" that has no business with /eagg/ whatsoever, and now this fucking bulletin? Just let this thread die and wait for a proper new one, damnit. Also, sage.

Cut the OP some slack, it's nice to have a little fun with the threads every now and then.

Bump

kys

Yueying
Xin Xianying
Guan Yinping
Wang Yi

There, I listed four.

He made a new thread before we even hit bump limit. That's no excuse.

It's a pretty stupid joke, but there's literally nothing wrong with any of the news that's before the shit mostly tacked on at the very end of each line.

It works m8

I unironically love xu shu's floppy sword moveset.

Zhu Ran thread?

I played DW9 yesterday. It's fun once you get used to the Trigger Attacks. Peons and officers are less predictable than before, and crowds will stunlock you if you don't play smart.

Flow Attacks (Square), basically a more varied version of the old school mash chain.

Reactive Attacks (Triangle), context-sensitive moves that sometimes get a QTE prompt to use:
- Counter Attack, prompt appears when the enemy is attacking
- Separating Attack, prompt appears when near an enemy
- Dash Attack, prompt appears when enemy is far away, had this appear a lot against archers
- Smash Attack, basically drills an airborne enemy into the ground
- Guard Break, prompt appears when the enemy's blocking
- Assault Attack, like a dash attack but when hiding, does extra damage
- Finish Attack, prompt appears when an opponent's at half health and either Dizzy or knocked down, insta-kills officers

Trigger Attacks are done by holding down R1 and pressing a face button for different area-effect attacks:
- R1+Square: Stun (puts enemies into Dizzy state)
- R1+Triangle: Launch (knocks enemies into the air)
- R1+Cross: Fell (knocks enemies back from you)
- R1+Circle: Special (unique attack that usually sets you up for a Finish Attack)

L1+Circle is your good old Musou attack, practically back to DW5 and earlier style now. Air Musous are also still a thing.

Fair enough, but I appreciate the effort. More so seeing all the butthurt.

That's it. I'm taking the bulletin away

Well, I tried to make things fun, But I guess the DLC scare and Zhou Cang are putting everyone on the edge. Lighten up, we can shit on Shu and post burning shacks but having fun with the bulletins is a no-no? And yeah yeah, I posted it too soon. Sue me.

Calm your tits and have a classic /eagg/ moment.

I want to tickle that ear with a feather.

Well, if you really just tried to make a fun thread for once, then I forgive you, but remember to let the previous thread at least have 750 posts and hit page 6 before you make a new one. It's in the rule list.

You can only give three characters the nickname Daddy.
Who do you give it to?

user that's gay...

user, I've seen other generals make threads 710-ish posts in, then again those generals go through three threads a day with at least 110 posters. I don't think you'll get in trouble for doing a new thread only three posts from the limit, especially for a general as slow as this one.

Explain

Sun Jian
Lu Bu
Sima Yi

This to be quite honest with you

The world itself is very MGSV-ish. Outside castles the area's dotted with forest and farmland. You can find wild plants and small rock mounds which can be harvested for materials. Wild wolf packs and tigers roaming away from the roads, which can be killed for more resources like skins furs and meat. I could even attack wolf packs to drive them into the path of an enemy troop.

Castles can be broken into by either waiting for a battering ram to knock the gate down (you can speed this up by attacking the gate yourself), waiting for a siege tower to set up a ladder, or grappling hooking your way to the top of the wall. Either of the last two can get you shot down by archers though.

Practically anything can be run up or jumped off; walls, barricades, siege towers tree trunks, tents, roofing. I watched a player angle his wall jumps just right, so he was able to scale the wall of a castle with some Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon shit, was tricky to do but looked great. There was this cool little thing I did where I knocked a general onto a raised platform just far enough away that I thought getting to him would be a pain. Didn't even think about it, but ran up the length of a horsecart in front of me, jumped off it, wall jumped off the top of a tent, wall jumped again off a barricade, landed right next to him. Felt cool as fuck.

fishing

Like I mentioned before, enemies behave a little less predictably now. They won't stand around doing nothing; if you're in a crowd there's always at least three or four either attacking you or charging up an attack. They sort of had to do this to get more value out of Reactive Attacks. Mooks will guard, use guard break attacks, and are generally more aggressive. Officers will approach you with dodge rolls, attack more frequently, use actual chain attacks, and block every now and then. Enemies in general will use the same variety of weapons; sword, greatsword, spear, throwing knives, maces, bows.

Another new touch I noticed is that if you kill enough of a unit, the survivors will get panicked. Their healthbars will turn white, and they'll either stand there trembling, shaking hands and knees, all that, or they'll flee the battle. You can chase them down if you like and kill them; I imagine that'll affect difficulty somehow, whether you let escapees go to get the word to leaders.

Any towns? Secrets to find?

There's a crashed UFO near the outskirts of Wen County.

Sounds rad.

Sounds cool desu.

The demo I played was set around the Battle of Guandu, and had 10 minutes for me to run around and do stuff. Ten minutes was enough time to capture Baima and Yanjin castles, and do one more smaller subquest in the wild. I got to choose from six Wei guys, Xiahou Dun (Podao), Cao Cao (General Sword), Cao Pi (Dual Swords, Liu Bei clone), Zhang Liao (Dual Axes), Yu Jin (Trident, Guan Yu clone) and Xun You (Wobbly Sword).

There was only so much of the map I could check out in the ten minutes I got. Wasn't really near any towns. I did unlock a new subquest by clearing Baima and Yanjin, where I'd be helping an enemy officer defect to Wei. Doing it would've reduced the Wuchao castle capture's difficulty a heap. There was another one where I was rescuing a Wei official from bandits.

We haven't seen pictures of them yet, but officers each have alternate colours. Guan Yu was fighting amongst Cao Cao's forces, so he wore blue. He's still a massive cuck though Another thing that surprised me is that the officer portraits you see in dialog bubbles have mouthflaps. They're actual 3D models, and they look wierd as fuck when talking.

Demo didn't really give you enough time to explore too much. The only landmarks in reach were the three castles I mentioned.

Yeah, the talking head thing looks fucking weird. I don't know why they opted for the Runescape aesthetic.

>L1+Circle is your good old Musou attack

So then what does Circle do when you aren't holding L1? And actually, what does Triangle do when you aren't holding R1?

Runescape musou when?

nvm about Triangle I'm fucking retarded. Still would like to know about Circle tho.

>So then what does Circle do when you aren't holding L1?
Truth be told I didn't try it. I don't remember accidentally Musou-ing, so maybe it does nothing?

After I get my crossover game

You got that one wrong, L1 does nothing. If you hold O, it does the old pre-DW6 Musou style until you let it go where it ends with DW7, DW8 style.

Sun Jian, Sun Ce, and that new DW9 look of Xu Sheng. This man is a fuckin panty dropper.

Why don't people like how Quan looks in DW9 again? I thought he had one of the better designs in this one
though for the most part I don't even dislike the revealed designs so far, only complaint is that some of them seem practically unchanged from 8

I like his DW9 look, it's pimp as fuck.

Overall the DW9 designs look like halfway between DW5 and DW8, which generally ends up looking great.

I liked 8's designs marginally better than 5 and thought for a long time something that bumped just slightly more towards 5 would be the perfect aesthetic for the series and that's basically what 9 is. There's some straight up hiccups here and there and either 8 or 5 do some designs better, but overall I love most of the designs.

I like it, but he looks even more like a young Lu Bu now than ever before

The only designs I dislike in 9 so far are Zhang He and Xun Yu. Technically Jia Chong too, but I don't think his design is bad so much as it's just incredibly ill-fitting.

Let's hear it for tippy top girls who are on the market!

Yep, your husband's wearing a green hat, you better believe you're #onthemarket!

What the fuck is this on the market meme

It's funny because all their husbandos are cucks

Zhuge Liang's hat is white though
Also don't run this joke into the ground so quickly

>Sun Quan had been known to talk about his favorite color of green throughout his time on the throne. Often times he would request the artisans from the local villages to produce clothing and headwear with green dye.

Oh shit boys, someone else is on the market

In China, the phrase "wear a green hat" sounds similar to the word for cuckold, to a degree that a man wearing a green hat carries the implication that their wife is sleeping with other men.

It's got green trim.

It's also a connotation that didn't exist at the time, and didn't until many hundreds of years later.

Why is /eagg/ so desperate to have some sort of meme to itself? You guys aren't good at it.

We got Liu Bei in bed meme. That's cool.

>Why is /eagg/ so desperate to have some sort of meme to itself?
It's not even that to be honest, there's just nothing to talk about.

Spot the Shufag

we could talk about fate

Can't talk for others but I'm not that desperate user.

DW9 is the first game intended for release in mainland China. The Chinese treat the Peach Brothers as cultural heroes, and Guan Yu in particular as an actual god. They're all wearing green hats now. This is Koei Tecmo engaging in the highest quality of bantz.

how about we just talk about cute girls with ahoge

She is a cutie pie

>been a whole 25 minutes and no JUST edit
for shame!

why are kessen 1 and 3 sengoku but 2 three kingdom?

Some of the designs are the best they've been in a long time.

has anything KT done made sense

His pants should be gray or black for contrast but otherwise it's great.

Wu has great newcomers.

Have you guys checked this out? It's not as fun as Dynasty Warriors or Samurai Warriors, in fact they're not even the same genre, but I think it's fun. Why didn't they only make 1?

>It's also a connotation that didn't exist at the time, and didn't until many hundreds of years later.

Guan Yu's iconic polearm wasn't invented until more than 800 years after his death, Shu didn't employ ancient chinese tanks, Guo Huai never used a machine gun, and Dong Zhuo's bombs weren't invented until around the 12th century.

Because it's related to shu. Bet you $10 people won't force if if it was blue hat instead.

Stay mad, virgin Shucuck

Cool, I'll take that bet.

Then let's make it simple. Let's apply it to anyone who wears a hat.

I like that.

I hope Yuan Yao wore a hat

Yeah that's not the tradition, though, is it? The green hat thing is something that's actually a thing today, this isn't something that's just died out centuries ago, people are still actively shamed by green hats.

Aaah! save me!

>Come on, Kongming, we're gonna get a nice green hat fitted for you!
>No! What are you- stop that! I love my wife, damn it!

It would be simpler to just apply it to anyone wearing green. Would make a lot more sense, too.

This is a good suggestion

What are characters like him called?
Him and Zhou Tai. Not bara but not pretty boy twinks.

real men

I mean thats not a tag I can look uo unfortunately. I like characters like them. Rugged but not out of control like Ding Feng.

Why not?

Warcraft Warriors

Ikemen?