/cwg/ - Classic World of Warcraft General

Official 2004 era WoW servers eventually

youtube.com/watch?v=TcZyiYOzsSw

pcgamer.com/this-is-how-blizzard-plans-to-finally-bring-back-vanilla-wow-servers/

Expect it to release in 12+ months

Try to gauge your expectations

Other urls found in this thread:

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-fallacy-fallacy
logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/129/Moving_the_Goalposts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for dwarf warrior

Slippery slope is a logical fallacy

>the whole private scene was waiting for gummy to save us from Vanilla hell
>blizz gives us Vanilla

>i mean it's not like you can't just change your spec at any time either way. i play tank on every private server i play and i'm constantly changing my spec to pvp.

Talent specs shouldn't be a change of clothes. There should be some kind of limitation that makes it difficult. Gold is a good limitation. I don't think having to go to an inn is enough.

Like I said it really kills the whole teaming up with tanks and healers thing. A lot of socializing in that group because you'll spend time with them and want to group again.

There's literally nothing wrong with adding dual spec to vanilla. Stop being so stubborn. It's just a game.

I bet you thought gay marriage wouldn't lead to a tranny influx.

>hundreds of people couldn't get vanilla to 100%
>Gummy got it from 99.9% to 1000% in an afternoon while being blind and using a voice2text program
what a legend

>It's a themepark mmo retard, but even that aside how long do you honestly think a vanilla server would last?
I'm not a shallow person. I play games for years. Especially fpses on the same maps. The whole play till it's not new and drop thing makes no sense to me and more of modern gamer type of attitude.

I’m sure it’s been said before, but i really hope they make some minor changes to make all the specs viable.

I just got a really strong urge to go ud mage idk why.

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-fallacy-fallacy

OP here, I'd like the 3rd sign but the 1st and 2nd are whatever for me. When blizzard touched the 4th sign, I'll be scared of the slippery slope.

Maybe I should edit the image to make the slippery slope more and more steep as you go on.

Specs and classes having roles in PVP is a good thing. Only one spec should be "the" spec for raiding. Doesn't mean you can't bring another. Like Druids for example. Resto is the main spec but a Boomkin is welcomed.

it would be fun but i can't bring myself to agree with that because it would probably be poorly implemented and more qol changes would follow. also if they did add dual spec it should be only possible to change your spec in some shithole part of the map so it doesn't get abused in raids (also needs to have cd)

I wasn't arguing anything, I was stating a fact
um...Facts don't care about feelings, sweeti

> but a Boomkin is welcomed.
t. retailbaby

Me too. Vanilla was about the journey, not being stuck doing one job your whole playthrough.

>t.
Boomkin aura wrath baby.

They should make speccing into prot and healing half price, that'd be funny and fun. They won't though. 2nd best thing would be 10g max specs but dual specs seem just as likely.

10g max respecs would be the only thing I wouldn't be upset about

>Broodlord lasher is a boss
>Broodlord lasher can be killed in 25 seconds, not even in T3
why is this allowed

>get another mage or a 3% crit to 4 mages
yeah right, perfect raid spot investment, only spec other than resto that is somewhat ok is feral in mc and maybe bwl progression and only if your guild loses ony buff

Wouldn't dual spec have a pretty big effect on the economy? I feel like switching specs was a huge gold sink in the game

Will I be able to play Classic off my disc + update, or will it be an entire new thing?

>try to pvp against someone my level
>kill him
>level 60 comes in and corpse camps me within 60 seconds
So much for being a pvp server...

Gee, user. I wonder if they'll try to change a game after spending a year developing on it.

>mfw reddit plebs are posting about how anti fun vanilla wow really is constantly

they really dont want people to quit their shitty game do they?

>developing
>a game that is already finished years ago

Not really. I respecced from Elemental leveling to resto and didn't touch it once for 2 years. You have a mage or hunter to farm on

>modern
That's not at all a modern attitude, that's literally the why most people used to play mmo's, you play through the updates and expansions the entire reason that you payed such a sub fee was to have development continue otherwise why the fuck were you shelling out 15 a month for a game that's no longer actively being maintained just keeping the server up could have been done for much cheaper if that's all they wanted to do. Maybe you truly are some special snowflake who would still be playing the game years later if they had literally never updated even fucking once but that's highly unlikely and no one else would have stuck around for you to play with.

Me and a friend are theorycrafting which would be the best race/class combination for two players to troll/gank in wPVP while also being somewhat synergistic for leveling. Something like NE priest/ NE hunter or NE hunter/ human rogue for shadowmeld. But maybe UD lock/UD shadow priest for the aesthetic.

Mind control, eyes of the beast, general stealth fuckery is fun. Locks seem to have unique troll potential with summoning. Since in an organized wPVP assault, one could be used to summon a fuckton of people.

What do you guys think?

You're retarded.

meant for

Explain how I'm the retarded one when you're the one thinking the game would have lasted if they had thrown out vanilla said then said we will never update this game again continue paying us $15 a month.

not him but you get more benefits than just aura. That being said bringing another mage is still more efficient but it's not like having super optimal composition makes a big difference. A 40 man raid will survive if you bring 2-3 "meme" specs

>prove my baseless claim to be false

>want to play rogue
>dont want to do gay midfight weapon swapping

UD Rogue + Drood.

>>want to play rogue

priest/warlock is pretty gud. rogue/druid because stealth, mage/priest. generally anything with good stun lock/escape/survivability or burst. Hunter is good if you don't get opened because lol aspect.

absolutely scary and haram

>fixing blatant, unnecessary, and detracting bugs WORSE than adding dual spec
whoever made this should kill themselves, and not just for 'm-muh slipperly slope!'

battle res is virtually useless, innervate is good, but its not like healers really struggle in mc/bwl
and its not about optimal setup its about telling people "moonkins are welcome" is a blatant lie and no raid leader wants a meme penguine to boost through the dungeons when you already have 38 shitters to take care of

Are you trying to say noggen hitbox is a bug?

Which class has the highest skillcap in PvE? Do Warlocks press more than sbolt on the average encounter?

> wPVP assault, one could be used to summon a fuckton of people
you need 3 people for summon

Unironically warrior.

>PvE
Literally who cares?

>Which class has the highest skillcap in PvE?
Healers, melee DPS.
Most of it comes from threat management.
>Do Warlocks press more than sbolt on the average encounter?
You lifetap sometimes so you can throw more sbolts.
Other than that, no.

So we just sit around and wait for Classic wow?

Make dual spec cost a ton like they did when it was first introduced.

We sit around and wait and tell Legionbabies to fuck off because Blizzard is browsing this thread and we need to send them a clear message.

Don't totally forsake private servers in the event Blizzard fucks it up.

Someone give me a name for a troll shaman (resto)
I'm making one on LH to practice for when Classic releases
I've been stuck at this for an hour

unironically rogue or warrior

>not playing private servers to do research so you know exactly what to do when the final fresh goes live
it's like you want to pick the wrong class

Roll on Nighthaven for wPvP fuckery.

I'm debating doing a practice run of my classic priest by doing it on Everyst fresh.

indecisivefag

>playing anything other than your main from real vanilla

WAA IF BLIZZARD CHANGE L I T E R A L L Y ONE THING THE GAME WILL BE RUINED.....

yeah lol updated graphics will ruin classic servers, it's not like a shit ton of people use custom mpq files to get updated graphics anyway.

Fuck off.

yeah but i don't have to see their gay ass lookin asses

I know that. This would be after we convince a dozen or so people to join us on a merry adventure in Tauren mill who are waiting to be summoned, and we ask in /1 for someone to help with the summon

if they allow updated graphics there would for sure be a toggle option.

>Adding taunt to protadins would totally ruin the game, trust me
>Remove crushing blows would totally ruin the game, trust me

Updated graphics/models are still just an option in the retail client, I doubt they'd make it any different for Vanilla if they were enabled.

The slippery slope is a valid logical argument which identifies a common cause. If A implies B, and B implies C, then A implies C. B is the common cause, A is the event at the top of the slope, and C is the event at the bottom of the slope. Since B->C is usually obvious, the only challenge is demonstrating that A is being caused by B.

In this case, B is whiners whining endlessly no matter how many attempts are made to appease them. This is a phenomenon which as been observed in live WoW consistently throughout the game's history. A is minor modernizations being made. If the reason for the modernizations was to appease whiners, then the argument has been proven.

Nostalrius didn't die for this

IF BLIZZARD CHANGE L I T E R A L L Y ANYTHING THE GAME WILL BE RUINED....

if they add any basic non gameplay changing qol shit... it's over bros....

raw hp bars... no more %? RUINED....
aoe loot?.... RUINED
auto dismount when talking to flight master?.... RUINED
no friend/ignore list capacity? RUINED
enemy casting bars built in? R U I N E D
tbc tracking system to let you see shit on the map? RUINED

bros... if they change anything.... it's over...

hunter and paladin would be annoying as fuck to deal with. freedom hunter so they cant snare him, heal hunter while he rolls his face across his keyboard for kills.

>catering to every little whim of retarded faggots like me won't ruin the game, trust me

This but unironically

>Wotlk/BC were bad
(You)

Do you see me suggesting retarded shit? No, because I'm not a dickslurping nonwhite like you.

Everyone has little things they'd prefer Vanilla to have, but you respect the original game because you're not a nigger.

You're saying 3% isn't a lot? You're talking 20-60+ extra dps per mage just off pure numbers. And it only scales.
>"moonkins are welcome" is a blatant lie and no raid leader wants a meme penguine
You're trash kid.

I've never met a single person who isn't an intellectually stunted retard who actually believes that slippery slope is a fallacy.

well, that's the thing. by patch 1.7 has auto dismount for speaking / casting, improved ignore list, spell timers, mouseover casting, and enemy castbars all as addons available from Curse. I distinctly remember using them, especially the mouseover one as it was a much better fit for me over Decursive or Healbot.

I'm personally not going to blame Blizzard for adding UI functionality inherent to the client that gamers were already using in the proper time frame.

No you retard, people played MMO's to interact with lots of other players. The reason for the sub fee was to maintain the servers. $15/month being excessive is why free to play MMO's took off so quickly. Plenty of games maintained active communities for many years after the developer got bought out or ran into trouble and was no longer able to do updates. Updates are done because once developers already have all the other stuff in place, there's no reason not to and they can make more money off the updates. You were born in the 21st century and you probably think WoW invented MMO's.

>Game should have stayed at 1.0.0
GODDAMNIT

why could they not respect they game
WHY DO THEY KEEP CHANING THINGS

I've never met a single person who isn't an intellectually stunted retard who actually believes the slippery slope fallacy.

right

3% crit is literally 40 spellpower for a frostbolt for mc geared mage, more with higher tier gear but its not even remotely close to aq levels which you can consider, but since we're talking fresh you really shouldn't
40/2.5x4 for 4 magesx1.2=76.8 dps, when your average mage sits around 300-400 and moonkin barely does half of that if lucky
fuck of with your feefees moonkins are trash and there is no excuse to why you should bring one in raid before aq

That's "Continuum fallacy" not slippery slope, a fallacious argument

>who
>who

you had one job m8

Crit scales. It's not a static dps increase. And after MC Boomkins do a lot of dmg.
>40/2.5x4
That isn't correct. It's the same aura for all 4 mages.

what do you think is the best server cap for vanilla?

higher than vanilla, less than private servers

It wouldnt be hard to make make minor things that would would hardcore vanillas would tolerate and make a lot of people happy. However, look at what Blizzard has been doing in the past few years and then look at the retarded suggestions people have.

frostbolt takes 2.5s to cast, i know that crit scales and thats why i said about gear levels in the first place, but with crit mages dps also scales while moonkins are literally stuck with arcane wrath greens and mages offsets, and will still suck dick in bwl, especially on long fights which are surprise surprise literally every fight in bwl

>people scream slippery slope fallacy at me all my life
>bestiality recently decriminalized in my country
Someone save me from this nightmare.

I always felt the 15.00 USD fee (cheaper if you bought a sub in 3, 6, or 12 month blocks) was for active anti cheat as a primary reason. One time purchase games back in the late 90's to mid 2000's were fucking RIFE with hackers and exploiters.
I never felt bad paying the fee because arcades were still a thing then and the expense felt paltry in comparison to entertainment returned.

Canada is that you?

Yes

You have to compare overall dps not one spell. Boomkins don't take tiers. That's a huge plus you're forgetting.

4k. No more than that. There are limited sources for farming common end game materials like thorium and rugged leather. Open world PvP is neat and all but players need options to just farm some shit in the same manner they could back on old retail, even on busy servers.

logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/129/Moving_the_Goalposts

It's a misdemeanor to knowingly spread STD's in CA state now, where I live. Talk about a fucking 'buyer beware' situation. Keep the faith, leaf.

Honestly I think I'm gonna play retail just because I couldn't handle the heartbreak once people eventually bitch enough to fuck vanilla up again.
Plus I don't know what the fuck to roll since Monk and DK are the only classes I've been able to stick to and level since their release.