gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s01G53iVMa0S
youtube.com/channel/UCSyfeenv4gwZGnvNtMoz-wQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1R6lPbmBlmc&index=6&list=PLQOFZ7Uvt6WxHX4GH9ZG6VQXFORut1KeH
youtube.com/watch?v=BtsaPxg-7rg&list=PLQOFZ7Uvt6WxHX4GH9ZG6VQXFORut1KeH&index=3
youtube.com/watch?v=DUs7KuTslNM&list=PLQOFZ7Uvt6WxHX4GH9ZG6VQXFORut1KeH&index=5
twitter.com/AnonBabble

post progress! progress makes puppers happy and happy puppers make bad people go away forever!

This is the real thread, post progress.

Highlight from last thread.

>pictured: reek on animation and game logic

Many such cases. Sad! That's the state of niggers for you, though.

Redid the bridge movement, now it wobbles when you take a step or land on it

Could you like piss off

> that background
holy fuck

But user, that's not progress.

Looking great user, the art is high quality and the animation seems solid, though perhaps a bit too fast.

We also learned that it's the same dumbass tranny who posted pic related. What a fucking mook.

He posts stuff like that all the time. It always gets deleted and BTFO because of how stupid it is. He gets his info from Full Sail...

>if you pause the game between coming up on aim and being able to control leon's point of aim
What did he mean by this!?

Also have some new detail work in the 2nd room and an updated temple soundtrack: vocaroo.com/i/s01G53iVMa0S

>sourcereek's face right now after getting exposed and btfo yet again
delicious absolutely delicious

Amazing aesthetics, hopefully you can make a fun game with them.

game logic and physics control animation, not the other way around

omg wtf delete this this is bullying

Updated the itch page with a webplayer version that isn't broken

I really have to wonder what goes wrong in someone's life to make them this stupid. How can one man be so wrong about literally everything he talks about, all the time? It's amazing, like watching a trainwreck in slow motion.

Do games like this even make any money?

I love how he still hasn't posted any proof of what he says. He hasn't even posted his game.

Good games? They usually do.

>games like this
Like what?

Single player games with extremely simple graphics.

i got a bit triggered by the swing/defend/bash/lunge controls. but i guess it makes sense that swing is on your right index finger and lunge is on your left index finger

Huh?
It's LMB for swing and RMB for defend.

was that post bait? I guess it's worked

lmao are you serious?

The environment artstyle is placeholder, i don't really have an artist atm.

yeah but when first trying to memorize the controls, it would seem more intuitive that the left/right mouse button would correspond to the same weapon as the left/right q/e buttons

>put that much work into creating interesting visuals
>claim you don't have an artist whenever someone critiques them
nice 1 brum

i thought the artstyle was the game. right now it's just a generic unity game with clunky controls sorry

I wonder if it was the same dumbass who wrote that shit about LFOs once

I swear, you couldn't mention music in this general for weeks because of that.

Well, i mean i like the art, but it has drawbacks. When you're up close to a wall looking at it, you can't really see anything about the topology. I've tried putting AO on it, but it just looks off.
Generic in what way? it looks and plays nothing like any unity game and it has better combat than skyrim.

Yes i'm serious. With multiplayer games, it spreads because people want to play with friends. But single player games that don't have the latest graphics or extremely complicated systems (like rimworld) seem like just a handful of 5 year olds would play. Like the type of game you buy when you're babysitting an annoying kid that you want to keep busy for a while.

It's fine. I like it just the way it is. I'm just curious what the market for games like this is.
Will your game be free? If not, how much will a copy cost?

Powerful image. That should keep ""him"" away for another few weeks. :)

Thanks to the youtube FEEDBACK guy. I like watching other peoples progress, but cba to download the games.

Pic related took 2 days to make.

Why are you still box modeling your characters instead of learning how to make sexy models?

link?

Wait, what's actually wrong in that post?

>3trillion polys

youtube.com/channel/UCSyfeenv4gwZGnvNtMoz-wQ

uh oh. sourcenigger is back to defend his garbage "work" and "advice".

Isn't it past bedtime in your jail, you dumb tranny?

>3trillion polys
That was made in Blender you turd.

Indie games don't have "the latest graphics." There are too many examples of games with simple graphics that sold extremely well. How powerful the graphics are doesn't matter unless you're an AAA dev. Even then a lot of the most popular AAA games don't end up being examples of the most mind-blowingly advanced graphics. Look at Skyrim and Fallout and GTA. Look at the fact that Nintendo will not stop selling tons of games and consoles even though they refuse to use modern technology. Games don't sell because they have the best graphics. Certainly not in 2017.

Because box modeling is conductive to higher form

It's relaxing when you dont have to mess around with single vertexes and faces and you just focus on being creative.
Zbrush is good in that regard, it doesn't matter how much you may fuck up a mesh, you can completely reconstruct it and fix it at the end with ease.

Fuck progress

- Moved everything to momentum based movement.
- Created an animation framework which hooks in nicely with my existing code.
- Removed legs from character, will add later.
- Added slightly better looking projectiles, added animation so projectiles.

Next up, exploding enemies :^))

>that thing
>sexy

t. shitter artist

welp, any ideas?

Where is your game?

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

floppy fishies

>speed is tied animation speed
what did he mean by this
its really making me think

It is expensive

What a dumb fuck.

hahaha holy shit

does whoever wrote that even have a game? that's all so wrong it hurts.

My philosophy is that i should just pirate shit while i'm an indie, and then i'll buy it if i actually make a living with gamedev.
Zbrush will be one of the first programs i'll buy, since the developers are nice and not absolute scum, unlike autodesk and adobe.

If you're against pirating, you sort of have to understand, these companies don't make their money on individual developers, they make their money on huge companies where they have to get their programs onto dozens of workstations. Trying to do everything legit before you earn a cent is equivalent to shooting yourself in the foot before even starting the race.

Not one, but two threads died for this. I hope you're proud anons

looking good
>fish use all its strenght and willpower to live and get into water
>get kicked again
you are a huge asshole i hope magikarp kills you in your sleep

fishy is ok til i grill him

Exposing sourcenigger is worth any cost. He is the enemy and must be destroyed!

Now post something you made
You have nothing to be ashamed of, after all you aren't box-modelling right?

Everything in that post is wrong. Was it bait?

fishes are bros.no bully

Right fuckin' amazing. The level of idiocy is astonishing. There should be a show like Bar Rescue or Hotel Hell but for flipping wrongheaded nodevs like this.

could you just work on your game instead of samefagging about something nobody gives a crap about?

But there is though it's called YesDev and googem made it

Porro Viatica: youtube.com/watch?v=1R6lPbmBlmc&index=6&list=PLQOFZ7Uvt6WxHX4GH9ZG6VQXFORut1KeH

>googem
>yesdev

Is it possible to get the color of a material with line trace in UE4?

Reposting

Decypher: youtube.com/watch?v=BtsaPxg-7rg&list=PLQOFZ7Uvt6WxHX4GH9ZG6VQXFORut1KeH&index=3

RRshooter:youtube.com/watch?v=DUs7KuTslNM&list=PLQOFZ7Uvt6WxHX4GH9ZG6VQXFORut1KeH&index=5

No. You have to use Unity.

You missed the "or" part of the argument.

>aspect radiou

oh god why would you possibly do that

well for one thing it's literally the basis of radiosity

I'm working on an idea

That is done within the light baking calculation. Not something you have to do raycasts for yourself.

Related question, Is it even possible to get actual numbers out of a material ? I need to get the angle between the atmospheric light vector and the Z axis, but acos(atmospheric light vector DOT Z axis) gives me weird results and I'm not even sure whether it's radians or degrees.

Unity. You have a rigidbody at a certain position and orientation. It has velocity and angular velocity.
You have a target position and target orientation (that keeps changing).
You need to "magnetically" pull the rigidbody towards the target.
So that it accelerates towards the target and then instantly stops when there.
How do you do it?

what if he is trying to roll his own radiosity calculations for some insane reason? you asked why you would need the color of a point on a textured surface, i gave you a very basic answer.

he could have any number of other reasons -- maybe he wants to check the color of paint decals on a wall the player has made because his gameplay revolves around coloring things but isn't granular or binary like Color Splash or that mickey mouse game respectively. maybe he's writing a shader that does some funky psychadlic stuff involving color shifting based on both color and world position. maybe he's just fucking curious, you piece of shit.

maybe via C++ but seems limited in blueprint, I just want to make a raytraced color picker

I'm not even looking to use it for a mechanic or some calculations in an actor, I just want to understand what the hell is wrong with that. I just can't judge the value from its visual representation as a color.

Although now that I think about it, I could do it in an actor blueprint with the directional light's forward vector, so I'm gonna do that.

ahahahahaha holy shit what a goddamn retard. who writes stuff like that? is there more? i could use a good laugh with my morning coffee today

please show me the blueprint when you are done, I'm curios aswell

wowwwwwwww

>slamming RE4 with made up bullshit because he's salty he doesnt have a game
lol

>RRshooter
Thanks a lot for this, happy to see you playing it for so long. The fuel alarm shit in the tutorial was embarassing, fixed it immediately. I think pretty much everyone that played it wants a crouch button at this point, so I'll think about what to do with that. A bit hard to implement because I have to sacrifice shooting down while moving, that's the same reason I can't do down + jump for fall-through platforms. Probably just going to change the boost into a Vanquish slide for that.

I mean the blueprint will be simple, just take a reference to the directional light ; dot product with 0,0,1 ; and acos the result. Since they're all unit vector, magnitude is 1 so you don't need to divide the dot product.
I do the same in the material but for some reason around 45 degrees it seems like the angle is 0 iirc.

How do you apply torque to a rigidbody to make it rotate towards a specific quaternion?

Quaternion R = rigidbody.rotation;
Vector3 A = rigidbody.angularVelocity;
Quaternion T = GetTargetRotation();
rigidbody.AddTorque(?);

>A bit hard to implement because I have to sacrifice shooting down while moving
Do it like contra did, if you want to shoot down you jump.

Three magical girl symbols:
>Star
>Heart
>???

Bunny

no offsense but this is one of those simpler things that you can definitely find on google

swastika

Slows you down and is a tad annoying to do. Likely part of the reason why all later Contra games had a movement lock button. That's the last resort for me if I don't find better alternatives.