/twg/ - Total War General

Elf tiddies Edition

Hotfix Beta Patch Notes
totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires-pte-patch-notes

New historical info:
totalwar.com/blog/update-on-historical-releases

Mortal Empire is out, hotfix beta NOW, Norsca never.

Blood and Gore:
store.steampowered.com/app/594591

How the Combined Map works
totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires
totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires-with-ian-roxburgh

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR (embed)
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

>History information:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17
totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog
Summary:
Saga title is a spiritual successor to Rome 2. Some are guessing the map will be Britannia.
Campaign pack coming up for a past history title, probably Rome 2.
Next big history game is a setting they've never done before. Will feature "important character relations that occur between the major personalities in the game."

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1185917403
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1161822487
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

mecrackwhen

>when you try to look away but it keeps dooting

I'd rather use a million of these

>it's a "Modders save the fucking day once again" episode

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1185917403

The anti dwarf alliance has started.

Greetings from Sylvania!

>no Elspeth von Draken
>no Bertha Bestraufrung
>no Lucrezzia Belladonna
>no Repanse de Lyonesse
>no Naestra and Arahan, Sisters of Twilight
>no Drycha
>no Ariel, Avatar of Isha
>no Crone Hellebron
>no Valkia the Bloody
>no Dechala the Denied One
>no Alarielle the Everqueen
>no unique Princess Eldyra squire hero for Tyrion
>no Tzarina Katarin
>no Queen Khalida Neferher
>no Neferata
>no unique Geneviève Dieudonné hero for Lahmians
Are CA fucking *SEXIST* or something?!

>leaving the tree fade out on when taking a screenshot
The idea is cute though.

Crush the weak!

The little castle on Boris helmet is 2cute

>Elf tiddies in this picture look absolutely ginormous
>The in-game models have them at somewhat small average

I never notice them doing significant damage.

I like to use mortars to fuck up ranged units and clear walls during sieges.

Boris is 100% fabulous.

what the fuck was CA thinking

Boris is the coolest
Middenland start when?

>the textures aren't washed out it's just the new lighting system!

FIRE SUPERIORITY

Spruce up everything to be bright and fanciful in order to establish a contrast for TWWH3 when they double down on it being the "Darkest TW EVER".

Did they just apply a grey filter over all the old textures and tone down the yellows? What's the point?

There is absolutely no reason why CA doesn't let you play as The Red Duke or Boris Todbringer. Marius Leitdorf should be an option too.

Metallic surfaces have a different shader now which is why they had to readjust textures. But they generally look really awful. They all look like they're coated in baby oil. The gold in Dark Elf armor looks yellow. Chaos armor looks like bright steel. They fucked up bad. WH2 is a fucking mess visually.

They did say they're gonna make more starting positions for Empire, so maybe.

>ywn get to play a Karl Franz campaign where you ally with Nippon against the beastman and greenskin hordes
Cathay/Nippon/Ind never ever

Game 4

They should have starting positions in Reikland, Middenheim, Averland and Wissenland at a minimum.

What faction has the most interesting economy in your opinion, I don't just want to play another gold simulator.

But game 4 is reserved for A S T A R T E S!

Yeah but I don't just want them to stuff Gelt into Averland and Volkmar into Nuln that makes no sense. The problem with Empire is that most of the characters either canonically come from Reikland, or lorewise don't hold any land. So unless they're going to give us Leitdorf and Todbringer starts then I'd rather they didn't.

Use the Improved Black Arks mod to boost Corsair units in auto-resolve when stationed in the ark
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1161822487

Yeah I hope so user, it's just that CA could do so many cool things with him. If they made something like they did with Norsca, where you either work with the emperor, or try to usurp him, that could be the bees knees

>Historical expansion in 12 months
>Historical saga game in 12 months
>Historical major release in 12 months

outta the war shithammer fans, good games coming through

>R2 people
>good games

>the absolute state of history cucks

>the only thing we know for certain is that more vikingshit is on the horizon

why not just play Norsca, user? you even get mammoths and werewolves beside the tired old fantasy viking units schtick!

>the absolute state of fantasy cucks

I think we all know the reason why TWW2 and ME is rushed as fuck. TW: Brytenwalda bitches

>cancel history and reassign the teams to Waifu DLC for Warhammer

>ur a cuck
>no ur a cuck

Because WH won't let me rape and pillage through england

>Not liking both

This

SPEARMANII IS GOING TO BTFO FANTASYTARDS

I was about to ignore it but I checked again this beta hotfix and
>>And while the player may well start at war with Chaos, they will no longer be targeted by all Chaos armies which appear.
Which is great because as Empire Vargs were targeting me and even some fucking Puppets,Vessels of chaos came from the sea to attack me ignoring everyone. On top on that in most recent turn Archaon poped up and I think I know exactly where he will go first. Sigmar forbids this.

Do I spy a fellow Celt?

Chaos is so much fun. I am genuinely upset that the foundations update isn't in ME yet, because Chaos are unplayable without it.

Still, I really enjoy the feeling of just having superior infantry to everyone. Watching Chosen take on multiple groups of spearmen and just tearing them apart is so satisfying.

I'm french

Cant we just confederate historyfags and be done with it.

History and fantasy, living in harmony.
This must be our way.

>why not just play Norshits

because i want to play a good game not shithammer 2 moldy empires

>Toddbringer and Red Duke are both in the game
>Both LLs have unique skills and items
>Could easily be made playable

For Middenland all you need to do is remove the flagellants and the luminark and add in two units to replace them, since they're not as religious as Reikland.

For The Red Duke you could probably just replace his zombies with brettonian peasants and give him some sort of resurrected brettonian knights.

I don't know why they haven't done that to red duke at least, because no one really fights the brets. Empire is usually befriends them and is focused on fighting VC, other humans, Norsca, and Chaos. VC is too busy fighting undead, humans, dorfs, chaos, and Norsca. No one else starts near them. Red Duke would be cool because you're fighting them from turn 1.

I'm sorry for shitposting about Atilla I didn't mean it we're all friends here

>a new historical game comes out
>/twg/ is flooded by discussion of the benefits of Mercian spears over Nothumbrian spears
>someone's wondering how to use the 'Offa's Dyke Nobles'
>wow, those 'huscarl cavalry' really rule!
>oh yeah, wait till they go up against the 'Jutish catapults'!

Its way better then the Lore/Wifu wars of the TESG, this general don't got it so bad.

So what kingdoms and faction DLC can we expect for Viking Invasion 2 Electric Bogaloo?

>how to spot a pleb 101

>Getting some sort of release for Rome 2, which is by far the worst Total War game released in a long time
>Getting some bullshit saga game
>One historical title

I'm excited for the Historical title, but I am not at all excited for Rome 2 DLC. Fuck that.

I don't get this either, this does not seem like a huge amount of work required. Adding a bit of clothing to zombies and slightly changing up some VC cavalry units can't be too much work. Sure they'd just play like regular VC but who the fuck cares.

>500 kills on one hellcannon

Pike and Shot when reee
Rome 2 is alright, if not as good as Shogun 2. The worst history game is vanilla Empire.

The only thing I'm expecting out of this DLC is the improvment patch for the main game

who know, maybe they can even import some features from Attila

>Tomb Kings still not announced

Patched Empire is the equivalent of Patched Rome 2, except Rome 2 was even worse at release than release Empire.

AHAHAHAHA

Total War: 1066

>bullshit saga game
>not wanting to pillage all over Britain Vikangz

>Patched Empire is the equivalent of Patched Rome 2

Not even. It never got the amount of patches it deserved. The units are still buggy and unresponsive as fuck. Also the battle AI is still pretty much non-existent. The patches only really fixed the 100 different ways you could crash ETW on release

Well, that's why I suggested those three. Boris, Marius and Elspeth. The latter isn't an elector count so a bit iffy, but no more so than Gelt.

COLD BLOODED HORSES

>Light cav army

ez

Leddit has noticed that they've changed all the ship models from WH1 for the Mortal Empires campaign.

T H E E X P E R I M E N T S O O N

Rome 2 has the exact same problem of no-AI. Do you know how many battles I've "won" by the AI literally standing there and doing nothing? Or having a siege battle where they send up a few units, they get killed, and the rest just sit around and get killed by towers?

Rome 2 is fundamentally broken and their patches did not fix what is wrong with the base game. It fixed some issues, it jerry-rigged the game to be sort of playable, but Empire is in the same state. Barely playable and generally unfun.

Attila is so much better, it is just a shame the setting sucks. I hate that you're either a massive empire (I don't like starting with a large empire) or some barbarian shit.

Go back and stay there.

L O K H I R

SUCK IT MALUSFAGS

>tfw you played the shit out Empire anyway because you love the time period
New gunpowder focused TW fucking when? I can't play FotS forever. I swear to God if the next historical is fucking China.

>The "Experiment" is just naval units
>No naval combat, just naval units
>You can build a stack of ships and stick your army in them for increased movement speed and protection
>They can blockade cities
>They can sail around and loot crap
>That is it

:^)

Feels good removing dawi with best boy as an ally.

I agree that the AI in Rome 2 is shit, but at the very least it can move its whole army in a formation unlike in Empire where the AI units just do whatever they want with no coordination

Ancient Empires will save it in 10 years.

It's safe to work under the assumption that each starting race is getting 3 lords. (2 paid, 1 free) so they could both make it. But I hope they add someone more interesting instead of Malus.

R2 didn't BSOD and campaign AI at least moved, so no.

>Be big boy warrior Kholek
>March unrelentingly south like there's a rumour going around Kroq fucked Archeons mother
>After several months get to the shithole desert filled with savage orks and undead
>Every lizard army there has at least an old blood+scar veteran carnosaur duo
>Torn apart in seconds over and over again but the chaos gods won't let me die

Why has CA still not fixed the fucking retarded reinforcement system?

>my reinforcements spawn at the opposite corner
>their reinforcements spawn right inside their deployment zone
FAIR
AND
BALANCED

The second problem of Attila. Tiny and slow modding community

Fuck this gay earth

>R2 didn't BSOD

I completly forgot that was a thing in the Empire release. Can a BSOD really be the games fault though?

>Empire was a mess on release
>Rome 2 was a mess on release
>Mortal Empires is a mess currently
I'm beginning to see a pattern here.

>R2 campaign AI moved

Did you actually play the game? Because I had to actually set the battle times at 20 minutes because of how regularly the AI wouldn't move to attack me. I'd put it on the fastest speed and tab out and wait for the 20 minutes to pass so I could get my "victory" because there was no way I could sally out of my gates to beat them.

I wish I still had my numerous Rome 2 screenshots.

>Want to descent into the New World with an army of Mammoths, Skinwolves, and Fimir

Have to wait 2 months while CA sort their shit out.

It hurts bros.

P.S. my campaign is now over because of this. Warriors of Chaos rolled up to Altdorf with 5 stacks and I was doing fine holding them off, except I got stuck with this unwinnable battle due to reinforcement RNG and now those two stacks are wiped and it will take me 20 turns to bring my army back over from the new world in which time the entire Empire will be in flames.

Fucking ridiculous.

If a completely working system only experiences a BSOD when playing a single software, yes.

>araby and southlands incorporated into the karaz ankor
>high public order
>no corruption
>move everything north to crush those fucking bretonnians over five turns
>beastmen appear in the far south-east
gottverdammt

Also, can they fix the FUCKING NOTIFICATION SPAM.

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT ANY OF IT YET HAVE TO CLICK THROUGH ALL OF IT EVERY FUCKING TURN.

What happened to her?

Yeah and in subterranean I've had my and the enemy's reinforcements enter the battlefield in the same spot. It's broken.

>Did you actually play the game?
Fuck no.

Mortal Empire's mess is really light in comparison. Even Medieval 2 release was a bigger mess than that. Also you sound like those old "IT'S A CIRCLE" memers or whatever years back.

How does that even happen anyway?

You're much smarter than me. I smashed my head against a brick wall for hours because of how much I love Rome, but the game sucked.

So will tomb kangz have some sort of corruption? Will they just slap vampiric corruption onto them?

>if you didn't experience the same stuff I did you clearly haven't played the game

Yes, I did play it and nothing like that happened to me. Plus I specifically mentioned campaign AI. And if you want to be nitpicky about stuff like that happening we have to dismiss every game since R1 because it could happen in all of them. Thinking that R2 is worse than vanilla empire just shows that you either weren't around for both releases and just played patched and modded empire, or that you're still bitter at R2.

You can probably change it on the campaign map or in the options

Just change what you see in the settings instead of getting mad.

>Tomb kings
>corruption
Kangz are one of the purest races user

Which Lord skills you usually prioritise?

Personally I generally go with the red to buff the army itself