/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Geese Howard DLC trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA [Open]
>Patch 1.06
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/5/tekken-7-version-106-update-fixes-frame-rate-drops-caused-by.html
>Patch 1.07
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/20/tekken-7-version-107-update-includes-balance-changes-new-cha.html
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU [Open]
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94 [Open]
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8 [Open]
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o [Open]
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg [Open]
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs [Open]
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U [Open]
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0 [Open]
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI [Open]
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM [Open]
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU [Open]
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1bIH3MXFrfqoFnHvd6qkDIH9HXZDKjsRbjC5DgVftsEA/edit#heading=h.xbwlh49fs0p4
mega.nz/#!U6hSXBqC!25QF9g8Hj8k0TDtOAzqxCtVD3xc0rLZGvo2Nq87ILn0
tekkendb.com
youtube.com/watch?v=v9l-oCQXvCY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

STEVE

docs.google.com/document/d/1bIH3MXFrfqoFnHvd6qkDIH9HXZDKjsRbjC5DgVftsEA/edit#heading=h.xbwlh49fs0p4

>when i play against better players
i deathmatch and lose more than i win
>when i play against people i can beat
they losequit after 1 match

my rank cant take much more of this.

>Lost promotion to Marauder for the 5th time in a fucking row

OH BOY CANT WAIT TO DROP DOWN TO GRAND MASTER AGAIN

I SURE LOVE LAGGY LAWS

TWT finals

Americas
#1 Speedkicks
#2 Jimmy J
#3 Anakin
#4 Joey Fury
#5 Crespo

Europe
#1 Tissuemon
#2 Blackbeard
#3 Super Akuma
#4 Kaneandtrench
#5 Fergus

Asia
#1 Saint
#2 Qudans
#3 Noroma
#4 Nobi
#5 Knee

Evo Winner
JDCR

based 200 IQ-kicks

I hope Anakin gets his shit together because he's playing really bad lately.

*blocks your path and undresses before you*

maaan no gay

Wait Knee actually made it?
What did he win?
I haven't seen him do well since he got sponsored

>when you play against a snake edge spamming bryan and they fall apart when you block their snake edges

He didn't win anything but you don't need to win, you just need points over several tournaments.
He traveled a lot and in the decisive asia regional finals Jeondding, Doujin, Lowhigh, Take and others who could threaten his spot got eliminated by Qudans, JDCR and Noroma before they got far enough.

>Block and punish Snake Edge a few times
>Still lose to random Orbital and CH from delayed strings

>tfw still can't block and punish a snake edge reliably so get shitcanned every time

The only way to win against Snake Edge spammers if you can't react is to Snake Edge yourself because they can't either

What if I don't have a Snake Edge?

>Get launched and screwed
>My legs are completely parallel to the ground
>Opponents RA still hits
>Do the same to my opponent
>Their legs are straight up
>RA whiffs through them

Mildly upset.

RA hitboxes are really wonky sometimes, you have to practive with them quite a bit

>WHO DO YOU THINK WILL WIN TWT
>WHO DO YOU WANT TO WIN TWT

not a lili player

>[Open]

hopkick it you fucking faggot

The only people who complain about Snake Edge are the ones who turtle and eat mixups all day like fucking retards.

Keep snake edgers in line by doing df1 you dumb faggots

i really wish there was a keeponrock.in equivalent for tekken

JDCR, maybe Qudans

If he plays Kazuya only like he should be, then Knee. I also would love if Jimmy won, but he's just as if not more unlikely to win it all.

any of the following:
JDCR, Saint, Qudans or Knee
JimmyJTran or Knee

knees recent tournament record has been pretty bunk but i have faith

*makes a gratuitous avoiding the puddle reference*

2-2 in the local tourney. Lost to a Bob, then Eddy, both characters I rarely play against. Oh well, at least casuals was fun!

mega.nz/#!U6hSXBqC!25QF9g8Hj8k0TDtOAzqxCtVD3xc0rLZGvo2Nq87ILn0

Someday we'll get there chapters 7,8,9... in Japanese.
Summary:
Chapter 7: Shijou practices her sub character Feng.
But after winning a ton of matches she is approaching her limit, this scrub called "XX Hojo Masako the second XX" won't stop revenge matching her and she really needs to pee.
So Mino goes looking for this other player.
"Excuse me, are you Hojo Masako the second? Could you please stop revenge matching my friend?"
"It's XX Hojo Masako the second XX, say it properly!"
She agrees to stop rematching if Mino will play Gundam VS with her.

Chapter 8: Mino plays Gundam VS and is taught top level strategies, while Shijou gets jealous

Chapter 9: XX Hojo Masako the second XX goes to the arcade where Shijou and the others hang out.
Mino plays Tekken with her and learns about Yoshimitsu gimmicks.

If you know Tekken and Gundam versus you should be able to follow the action at least.

purple is a stupid color

you're a stupid color

>Shijou practices her sub character Feng.
That's the Kazuya main, right?

Yeah.

Also some foreshadowing?
They just need one more to participate in master cup 5v5.

The Gundam player uses Yoshi right? Wonder who their fifth crew member will be. Paul, Kazuya, Xiaoyu, and Yoshi is a pretty good line up so far.

Nice job, wish I had nearby locals. Who do you play?

King and Bryan

I can see especially why those two would trip you up then

I still can't believe this is a real ingame panel

>think will win
JDCR is the clear favorite and I don't think Saint is far behind him

>want to win
Qudans or Naps. Also rooting for Tissuemon cause of Master Raven but with all the Jacks in the finals its gonna be hard for him. And I feel like he isn't up to par with the top Asians/US players (mainly Naps) because the EU competition is fucking terrible.

I think this is the most correct guess. The EU scene is lacking massively, partly due to no arcade scene but also due to most local scenes focusing exclusively on street fighter.

I'd love to see Qudans win, but realistically JDCR and Saint are the clear favourites. If Knee can get his act together for 2 seconds and actually play a character without switching then he might have a shot too.

>ah yes time to enjoy a nice relaxing game of tekken
>first match
>lag switching eddy
>demoted
>close tekken

>I still can't react to a 30 frames low, unless I focus realy hard the whole round expecting it coming out, which I can't because I have to think about footsie and offense

Will stoping thinking about offense and footsie make me better at defending these big lows in the long run?
Or should I just focus on making them stop using those low by applying fast mid and low crush moves in my offense?

I'm doing the latter now, but I feel like this wouldn't make me a better player.

>tekken
>footsie
LMAO

When have fighting games been relaxing?

I can't react to 30 frame lows reliably either. But you don't need to. If you backdash out of their range and only go in for offense, it shouldn't be a problem, most people don't snake edge under pressure because it's slow as fuck. This narrows the occasions in which they can snake edge down to: at the wall, when they pressure you, or when you're on the ground. At those moments, focus on reacting to them, it goes a lot better like that in my experience.

Hate to be that guy, but some drinks or weed they can be relaxing.

When they're not played online

After some drinks, I meant.

Fucking lose quitter, please hang yourself asap

GET FUCKED YOU SHITTY KAZUYA PLAYER

TRYING TO LOSE QUIT ME? I DON'T THINK SO AMIGO, FOUND ME AGAIN IN REMATCH AND I PROMOTED OFF YOU FAGGOT

there's tekkendb.com but it hasn't been kept up very well

Nice. This roster is stacked as fuck.

By the way, I missed today's stream. Did they announce anything at all? Nope? Thought so.

well its a lot better than just youtubing X character matches, thanks!
here i can atleast find some new players of the character i care about

Tekken 7 is dishonest.

im struggling a bit with kazuya, i think i let people out of disadvantageous situations too easily cause i dont know how to keep up pressure very well outside of 50/50s off of knockdown/frameadvantage from f4, especially at the wall, what moves should i be using up close?
the wallsplat moves i usually go for are uf3, ws3 and df1,4

Go on

Tag 2 is honest.

*raw tag hopkicks you*

This game actually makes me want to kill myself

Every single time I finish playing I have a headache from frustration and wonder why I even bother

Same happens to me every time I see a video or picture of Tekken Mobile

How do I escape Miguels gorilla pressure

Leo is my wife

how are you using hellsweeps?

will we ever get new stages?
tag2 had some fun looking stages compared to 7

Geese's house will be a stage

just learn the frame data for every move in the game bro

I forgot about that, but i meant general new stages.
anything new is good still.

mostly off of knockdowns and off frame advantage (f4 on block, df1, df1,4 on hit) and if they freeze up and start getting passive. of course i mix in ff3 and ff4 for when i think they will crouch expecting a hellsweep
im not very good at wavedashing yet so i dont go for those very often as the chance of me fucking it up is too high

What moves is he doing to pressure you?

I want Snoop's stage back

Have now gone from warrior to grand master with Steve

Kill me now

Also am I just supposed to be in an endless 50/50 between hellsweep and ff3 when I get knocked down by Kazuya?

Feels like I can never get off the ground in this game. Even if I manage to stand up I don't stand up fast enough to block a low. Fuck this gayass game

You will find the answer in the heart of the dick jab

What are you doing on wakeup? You have several options on getting up and if you only use one or use the wrong one you're gonna keep getting stomped.

hold downback to get up and crouchblock, up to stand straight up
sideroll left and standblock will make the sweep miss and youll block the uppercut, ff3 will also miss unless he delays it with like a wavedash to realign.
staying on the ground isnt a bad idea, ff3 wont hit and only the first part of the hellsweep will hit. he can ff4 or stomp you though if you stay down too long/frequently

I'm usually spamming u+2 when I hit the floor

Hell if I know, just a constant never ending cycle of +on block strings and random low pokes

Well there's your problem. Instant low blocking, tech rolling backwards or to the left, a get up kick, waiting for a second on the ground before getting up, most options you have available are better because I think you are literally doing the worst option against Kazuya.

Also playing Steve vs defensive players is the worst. I'm not even sure I enjoy playing Steve at all anymore. He just doesn't seem to fit my play style. AAAAAAAAAAA

youtube.com/watch?v=v9l-oCQXvCY

Side roll left is your best option.

I can assure you almost all those strings are not plus and most are probably super unsafe because Miguel's strings are literal ass, he's a poke character and that's where his good moves lie. Here's what you do: record your next match against a Miguel, look up what moves are killing you in practice mode, see their frame data and what fucks that move, congratulations you have learned how to beat him. This applies to every character but it will be very easy for Miguel because his pool of useable moves isn't that great in this game.

Taisei, probably the best Steve in the world outside of probably some Korean I don't know of, has dropped Steve. Steve is so difficult to open up a character in this game that he's truly become a defensive turtle character now that relies on using his stances to find openings in his opponents aggression to deal damage.

If you are a very aggressive player you don't want to play Steve.

The optimal way to play Steve in T7 really seems to be to just backdash endlessly and bait out CHs with b+1. Shit fucking sucks.

So many of his moves are negative on block that when I fight Steves I literally just wait for him to attack then after I block in usually +2-3 frames and start beating his ass.

Really? He dropped Steve? Where did you hear this?

>So many of his moves are negative on block
You must be playing against garbage Steves.

The point of Steve is that he can make a large portion of his main strings and counter-hit launchers either + on block or at least safe. Even when he is negative, he has several counter options available to him.

Steve has some of the best safe pressure in the game. The problem with him is that he has no way to actually incentivise you to hit a button or duck.

raven has an unseeable low launcher :^)

Taisei himself. Not only has he been playing Kazumi in literally any tournament he participates in but if I recall correctly he's recently started a YouTube channel and all of his videos he's playing Kazumi.

>You must be playing against garbage Steves.
They are playing Steve as a rush down character, so yes.

>They are playing Steve as a rush down character
To be fair, Steve is traditionally regarded as a rush down character. It's just in this game that he struggles in that department.

You can run up to your opponent and 2,1 xx FLK or PKB, which leaves you at +2 or whatever. And then what? You have no lows to threaten with. All you can do is hope that your opponent hits a button so you can counter-hit him with PKB 2 or FLK 1,d+1 or something.

Thankfully, Steve's SS punish game got a lot better with u/f+2 and his whiff punishment is relatively decent but turtle Steve is so fucking boring.

well they gave him that unblockable and with movement being weaker in this game you can get in with wr2 pretty well

GEESE I NEED YOU AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I bet he won't be out for another 3 months

But that's wrong (or you're memeing)?
I play Raven give me this sick tech

february 31st at the earliest

FC df+3+4 is a hellsweep and i'm pretty sure she has a BT launcher that gives a full combo. qcf+2 is also a candidate since she can fake it.

not that guy but doesn't she have one in her bt stance

Raven and Yoshi both seem like incredibly underrated characters.

>february 31st at the earliest

FC bf3+4 is not a launcher (nor can it be executed as quickly from cd than a hellsweep) but can grant small combo on CH if you dont take the extension, which people always do. Qcf2 is a launcher and has mixup ability true, but not unseeable. She does have a backturn only snake edge, but it is certainly seeable, audible, and is performed from a very vulnerable position so it needs a good setup. Lows are a big strength for Raven, I'll give you that, but nothing unseeable and I recommend labbing her to get a better idea of her lows and their properties

does anybody know what ninas are inputting when they sidestep cancel in your face like 5 times in an instant?

How the fuck am I supposed to move around in this game? If I try to sidestep I get hit and back dashing doesn't create enough distance between me and my opponent. I'm coming from Guilty Gear if that helps.

Not a Nina player but I believe that's hayashida step - and the input is something like qcb~u, qcb~u, etc.