T. /gsg/ - Traditional Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 5th of November:
1605 – Gunpowder Plot: Guy Fawkes is arrested.
1688 – William III lands in England.
1943 – World War II: Bombing of the Vatican.

Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
CK2 DD 30/10
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1052560
EU4 DD 31/10
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1052692

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>Updated Waggle Pastebin
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

>[V2] - Victoria 2 : Bronies Crusaders, A alternate History
indiedb.com/games/victoria-ii/downloads/bronies-crusaders

>[V2] - Make Liquor Great Again by Liquorlad
dropbox.com/s/o42kc4rjg24rtiv/makeliquorgreatagain.rar?dl=0

>[V2] - Legacy of Slovenia
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i

>[V2] - unHPM v1.5
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx

>>[V2] - 7 Years Mod
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

>>[V2] - Vickymod v2.5
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi

>>[V2] - New Liangmod
mediafire.com/download/fm7kgwo9m83yqxu/New Liang.rar

>[V2] - Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

>[V2] - Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>[V2] - Cold War Enhancement Mod
github.com/settintotrieste/Victoria-2-Cold-War-Enhancement-Mod-CWE

>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>[CK2] - When the World Stopped Making Sense
github.com/loup99/WtWSMS

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabanagem
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder to shitpost and yeehaw La Plata posting

I'm posting an SS-20 Saber in honour of the defunct East vs West until we get a good Cold War game.

my own post is filtered because it's a reply to 'liquor' and 'bronies'

>cold war user is secretly f1t3rf@g
Holy shit, say it ain't true, user. I respected you!

>he actually uses filters
i thought it was just a joke

Post the fiIter list.

How do I destroy Protestantism as Poland in M&T2?

*farts*

Reminder that Huey Long did nothing wrong

Reminder that Oswald Mosley did nothing wrong

There's many of us.

Reminder that HPM and R&I are the same autistic, depraved and deranged person.

So you're part of that steamgroup that was filtering people?
How do you justify being part of a group that deliberately raided and made this place worse for so many years and now you yourselves are claiming you're the victims?
Your group is a direct cause of shitposting.

What should i do next guys ?

Delete this post before HPM removes the ability to annex all of Austria.

Take Bosnia, Poland, and the Baltics.

it's vanilla you idiot

you cant annex ALL of austria in HPM

That's vanilla and you can't annex all of Austria in HPM or any NNM based mods.

>it took him 15 years
My 12 years yet still wait to be surpassed.

The steamgroup isn't a shitposting group anymore, it's literally just a bunch of people who sometimes play MP and nothing more.
We've never discussed filters in the chat from what I recall, the whole thing was a ruse.

That sounds like a wager to me. Too bad HPM is fucked.

Hey HPM, glad to see you back.
I believe you should add cores for São Paulo.
The region has always been separatistic, but most especially at the separatist surge around 1887.
There were some notorious separatists that occupied (relatively relevant)political positions, as well as a lot of articles about it in the local presses, giving it quite a bit of popular support.
The only reason it didn't took off was because slavery overtook it as an issue (as a matter of fact, most of the separatists supported were slavist republicans), if it wasn't for that it could have been even bigger.
That is all without mentioning the Revolution of 1932, which was also in part separatist.
If other regions such as Pernambuco and Bahia have cores, São Paulo really should have them as well.

Gay

You literally can, me lad. You just need to sphere them before they become A-H and keep savescumming until they accept union.
>inb4 "Thanks, fixed!"
reply to

So FaveIanon is from Sao Paulo? Good to know. That will make this entire process much easier.

it actually took me 13 years.

>The steamgroup isn't a shitposting group
Can't believe Cold war user was a steam group shi.tter and fiIterf@g all along.
How do you know there are multiple fiIterf@gs if you've never discussed it with anyone before?
BTW, the vast majority of the "Another one for the fiIter" anons were meming you.

HPM there's a bug I think in my attempted Cuba>Antillean Confederation game. The decision to form the confederation requires the Manifest Destiny decision but even after getting N&I it won't show up in my possible inventions list even though it has a 2% chance of spawning. Do you know what can cause this? And can you just tie the decision to Nationalism and Imperialism because relying on a random invention to do it is fucking dumb.

If I have a Prince-Bishopric as a vassal, and I want the country for myself, how do I get that land? I have no option to revoke title or anything.

Do you fiIter anything, R&I?

Take Gotland, the Baltic states, Bosnia, all of the Benelux and Switzerland
Wait till Congress Poland pops up and puppet them
Also add Hungarian, Czech, Slovak, Croatian and the Benelux nations as secundary

where is the current hpm mod?

>how do I get that land? I have no option to revoke title or anything.
You have to be on Free Investiture.

>unHMinimod v2.0 (aka unHPM, unHMM) - 2.September 2016
Its been a year since the last update

More than a year.

What do you think to your mod being taken out of the OP?

Literally "I'm from London" tier.

t. Ítalo-Paulista

Huh?

HPM, what's your pastebin link again?

historical project mod modification module

Far worse, actually.
Good luck doxxing anyone with that information.

Maybe at some point in the future as part of a GW where Switzerland isn't neutral. It wouldn't involve any accepted cultures, however.

Something fucked up with your vanilla install or it's on the wrong location.
Never played so no opinion.

Someone brought this up a long time ago and didn't bring any good arguments for it. I'm mostly in favor of cleaning cores of potential separatist states after a while unless they have a specific culture tied to them, and this tag wouldn't have a specific culture tied to them.
"If X exists so should Y" isn't a good argument. They may be completely unrelated, or for other things entirely. I got a few events submitted for 2 revolts in Brazil that I need to look over that may use the existing tags (and remove them).
I may add something for Sao Paulo if there's a rebellion to tie it into, one that isn't 4 years before the game ends at least.

You get a lot of infamy that way IIRC. It's the same way NNM does it.

I may know what's causing it. It's the fact that you, as an island, doesn't have any neighbour countries.
I will change it to require N&I.

I don't care.
Happens from time to time, some people have been trying to kick any contributors from here for a while and they usually do it one at a time.

pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

What can you do against infamy ?

I meant I didn't get the original reference to London.

release nations that have your cores
or just get a better military

>You get a lot of infamy that way IIRC. It's the same way NNM does it.
Yeah, but you still can do it. You said:
>you can't annex all of Austria in HPM or any NNM based mods.

he meant through war

You don't care anymore? So you won't be making more early threads as R&I? K. Will see.

I forgot that you could perma-occupy and savescum until they accept it.

>release nations that have your cores
Any nation at all actually

I used the Free Balkans CB on Ottomans for Albania and that resulted in them getting the entire state of that one Greek region they have a province core in, can you adjust it so it only frees cored provinces? Also is there any way you can incentivize European AI GPs to war on the Ottomans if they defy the Congress on their decision there, whenever they do in my games no one seems to actually use the CB on them and they just sit there for the rest of the game unless I do something.

The week after he got banned he was still doing it. Then the mods started deleting his ban evading threads and he stopped. He'll probably start again now.

The fact he hasn't even commented, even to deny he's R&I is telling.

Newfag here, why is this HPM/R&I bullshit so important.
What's the deal with Aurora and distant worlds?

i meant that if you release nations that are your cores you could just restore order with no infamy penalty

>Then the mods started deleting his ban evading threads and he stopped
It happened literally a few threads ago and it wasn't deleted

I'm getting the jewpack for ck2. anything I should know?

deleting your post won't erase your shame you fucking foreigner

Will you either confirm or deny that you're R&I?

Form Kingdom of David like a good goy.

>I'm mostly in favor of cleaning cores of potential separatist states after a while unless they have a specific culture tied to them
I absolutely agree that they should eventually be cleaned up if nothing comes of it, but they should at least have the possibility of going independent in certain situations.
>I may add something for Sao Paulo if there's a rebellion to tie it into, one that isn't 4 years before the game ends at least.
How about adding a dynamic revolt in São Paulo, similar to the US ones, if they become authoritarian(maybe only for pres. dictatorships)?It would represent the Revolution of 32 as well as not doing it too late in the game.

Now that you've brought culture up, did you ever think about adding a different culture for Rio Grande do Sul, like a Gaucho one?Not as in replacing all brazilians there, but only a few minorities so that they may eventually assimilate
If they were independent for long enough they would be very different from the rest of the brazilians

Newfag here, I'm new haha. Can someone give me a quick rundown on the things that are common knowledge to anyone who's been here more than a day?

>this is what g*úchos really believe

When will you fix genocide?

Don't associate me with those faggots
but I'm still right tho

Newfag here, can someone give me a quick rundown on who Wilhelm the second was?

Heyyy guys, newfag here, can somebody tell me what "yeehaw" refers to?

that was the plan

That CB is a bit of a mess and those cores always give some trouble. I'm thinking of better ways to do the Balkan wars and make the states there just lump in a block to try and defeat the Ottomans if conditions are favorable, then maybe I will get rid of that.
>Also is there any way you can incentivize European AI GPs to war on the Ottomans if they defy the Congress on their decision there
They get a relation hit and a CB on them IIRC, but the I think they are usually in someone's sphere by that time which usually leaves other GPs without much options.

>they should at least have the possibility of going independent in certain situations.
Which is why I think they should be around for a while but fade after it. Usually placed by rebellions/agitations and then being removed after a decade if nothing happens.
>How about adding a dynamic revolt in São Paulo, similar to the US ones, if they become authoritarian(maybe only for pres. dictatorships)?It would represent the Revolution of 32 as well as not doing it too late in the game.
I would need to read more on it to see if it fits, but that would be more agreeable.
> did you ever think about adding a different culture for Rio Grande do Sul, like a Gaucho one?
Nope. No more cultures there.

What's broken with it?

What is the new V2 mod I'm supposed to be playing now?

Newhomo here, can someone elucidate me on the importance of grain derived liquor?

Reducing to only killing 3%. Just roll it back, it's stupid to ruin it for everyone because gee junk used some gamebreaking shit. Hardly anyone else did that.

Great.While we are at it, could you represent
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabanagem in any way?

shalom shabbat niggas I'm going in

going in where

>What's broken with it?
It barely kills anyone if you try to target specific groups, and if you just blindly massacre a large group it still does almost nothing proportionally.
It also costs roughly 20 infamy now.

Pic related, killing solely Orthodox pops in Persia. The Ottomans wiped out 75% of Armenians in the empire in 2 years but you can only get 20% if even that in 5+ years in new HPM.

>The Ottomans wiped out 75% of Armenians in the empire in 2 years
Fuck off with your propaganda

>The Ottomans wiped out 75% of Armenians
What the fuck are you talking about?

You should make it so that only fascists can genocide, don't you think?

how do I find a jew to start with

Vickymod.

You need to be drinking it to enjoy life.

It doesn't kill only 3%.

IIRC that's one of the new events in the next small patch. Someone else wrote and event for it and offered it.

I'd need a reliable source for the 75% and that's one specific culture only. HPM smallest scopes are entire religions.
10% to 40% of an entire religion isn't almost nothing.
Genocide was never meant to wipe out entire countries in the 4-6 years it takes.
There's barely any orthodox pops in Persia.
>It also costs roughly 20 infamy now.
It doesn't. None of the specific religious scopes have increased costs.

Everyone being able to do it is pretty accurate though.

Constitutional Monarchies (the British) did it.

Democracies (the Americans) did it.

Communists (pretty much all of them) did it.

There's a bunch in Ethiopia.

christ almigthy HPM is an armenian genocide denier....

>There's a bunch in Ethiopia.
perfect.

Based Erdogan

bronymod

>Vassals rebel, dgaf because it's lands I wanted for myself anyways
>Character fucking DIES two months into the war from an infected wound
>Heir is 11 year old girl
>Crush rebels, can't revoke any of their shit because the TWO people still on my council vote no
>Gavelkind succession meant my half sister got Pommerania, lost half my coastal lands

FUUUUUCK

Genocide isn't an exclusively fascist/nationalist thing. Especially with the UN definition.

How was your ban?

>IIRC that's one of the new events in the next small patch. Someone else wrote and event for it and offered it.
Huh, interesting.Does it add new tag, just rebels, or is it just militancy/modifiers?
Also, some unrelated things:
1.Could you rework how Australia gaining autonomy works?.There should be a chance of NZ joining it, as well as a chance of Western Australia, which should be added as a new tag, NOT joining it.

2.Why are Ugrians accepted in Russia?Not sure if you have a valid reasoning or if it is just a vanilla oversight.

3.If you play as the Mughals you can ask to have all of your cores from Britain, as well as your independence.The AI will always accept it when it's a player, so it makes playing as the Mughals way too easy, it should be either nerfed or removed entirely.

4.Claiming Greater Syria or maybe just becoming Fascist should make Syria lose Bedouin as accepted and instead gain Assyrian.I know you don't like fascists gaining new accepted cultures, so they should at least lose Bedouin.

Korkma, sönmez bu şafaklarda yüzen al sancak;
Sönmeden yurdumun üstünde tüten en son ocak.
O benim milletimin yıldızıdır, parlayacak;
O benimdir, o benim milletimindir ancak.

>After 1100
>Still having gavelkind
Wew lad, Poland's backwards but it's not THAT backwards.

But you lose cores when you release them.

>play meme DLC
>get memed on

Why doesn't Pontus exist until the OEs dismantlement while Turkmenli exists from the start? iirc you made Turkmenli so the Turks in Syria/Iraq don't get assimilated (which wasn't really a problem even before it was implemented) but shouldn't Pontus exist from the start by that logic so Pontic Greeks aren't assimilated out?