>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Get CURSED fags

Literally get good my male, parent-sharing person of african descent

Who is best waifu?

duels in DaS3 are inherantly gimped, because DaS3 is geared towards invasions and not duels. this means that if you want to duel you have to agree to a certain code of conduct to avoid everyone just stomping each other with shitty cheap tactics. if you dont want cheat engine to be used to enforce these rules, dont duel. better tactics is neither here nor there when it comes to duels.

i personally much prefer proper invasions myself, i can avoid that reactive cheese cancer and only use cheatengine against other cheaters, be they the infinite iframe kind or the alt+f4ing kind.

theres a record for 33, but 45 is the one marked as visible online.

Reminder that people who use CE to grief or gain an advantage in fights have small penii and were never loved by their parents.

>inhale gas
>five petal leaves all over
>get stoned
What did Miyazaki mean by this?

>duels in DaS3 are inherantly gimped, because DaS3 is geared towards invasions and not duels.

I think you mean 'DaS3 is geared towards one casual PvE playthrough and not invasions or duels.' Reactive cheese cancer as you call it is just as strong if not more so in invasions than in duels especially for actually competent hosts.

>duels in DaS3 are inherantly gimped, because DaS3 is geared towards invasions and not duels.

gwyndolin

reminder that cheating begets cheating, alt+f4 on me and ill break your shit if i ever invade you again

>theres a record for 33, but 45 is the one marked as visible online.
What do you mean by 'visible online'?

Reminder that you're a fag who complains about people cheating in a video game. Get a life lol

do i detect two people that dont know how to invade properly?

the only time youre really fucked from the start in an invasion is if you spawn as the host is going through the fog wall or if hes already killed everything and hes got a gank.

some effects dont work online for some reason

>if you don't want the cheat engine used against you, don't duel
I'll stick to my up to this point 100% effective tactic of not playing with PCheaters.

Mytha the Baneful Queen.

No, hear me out.

This woman loved her husbando absolutely unconditionally. She loved him even though he never loved her, and she knew it. She waited patiently for years, hoping he'd come to love her. Instead he fell in love with someone else. When this happened, did he rage or lash out or leave him? No. She just tried to make herself better for him.

Imagine, you cheat on your wife, and instead of justifiably getting angry, she assumes the fault was with her and gets a boob job.

This didn't work, so she uses more and more of the magic poison. Never trying to beak them up or hurt either her husbando or his slut gf, just trying to make herself more attractive. She turns into a monster, all for him.

She has suitors, both before and after being a monster. She turns them down, waiting for her husbando.

He dies, never returning her love. She's still waiting. For centuries after centuries, just guarding his resting place.

Mytha was best girl, and you murdered her.

>do i detect two people that dont know how to invade properly?

This fucking meme again, you might as well just say 'git gud' with how little you're saying. I'm acknowledging a fact, a passive host who doesn't blindly run in after an invader is almost impossible to beat especially if they have phantoms and don't move on from the bonfire with their phantoms and estus advantage. Now most hosts are fucking morons so you can still win a good number of invasions but the way the numbers are set up in the system is to make hosts have the big advantage naturally which is perfectly fine.

again, abuse mechanics that werent intended to be abused like that for an unfair advantage and ill do with you what i will. same with the people that noclip through boundaries into places they shouldnt be and equip way of the blue, or people who abuse shit like barriers that reds cant cross and cant get to the other side of (there are a few in the game). in other words, play fair or else.

I can confirm that 33 definitely works online.

Playing reactively is basically cheating since you're exploiting a serious design flaw of the game.

>and you murdered her
Well you can always revive her with an ascetic after you tag the bonfire past her or get 1M SM and never fight her.

>which is perfectly fine.
Not the way DS3 does it. Host had advantage in DS2 as well but even invading ganks was fun there. DS3's bloodborne-lite combat kills invasions.

>Playing reactively is basically cheating since you're exploiting a serious design flaw of the game.

Using shields is basically cheating since you're exploiting a serious design flaw in the game.

You can apply this argument to anything that works well in games because there will always be an optimal strategy for how to play them, don't justify cheating just because you don't like it and admit you just like being a dick.

He's right though. People complain about passivity being too strong and straight swords reigning supreme but take fight out of a controlled, 1-1, no estus environment and suddenly there are a million other uncontrollable variables and other weapons come into the spotlight. Compare for example using a GH or any ultra for that matter in duels and in invasions.
DS3 is geared towards invasions, just not invaders as much. You're pretty much supposed to be equally much of a dick as your enemy is. If you're any less, you're bound to failure

>duels are gimped because they put you on equal footing unlike invasions

>play fair or else
Or else what you cheating pindick? Are you going to curse me on the xbox because that's the only power you seem to have.

>playing reactively is basically cheating
No it's not. The flaw lies with the devs and not the players. Only retards treat DS3 as an actual fighting game anyway.

I mean more it's fine that the host should have advantages because that's only fair. The bigger problem in DS3 invasions I think more than roll-spam (which is a big fucking problem still) is how the ways most levels are setup and the prevalence of bonfires makes actually impeding a hosts progress non-existent beyond being a minor nuisance save in stretches of levels like Irithyll and TRC.

>or get 1M SM and never fight her.
You are a saint.

Shields have basically been cheating since DeS yes.

Shields are easy to bypass though.

Tell me what counters reactive play?

>a passive host who doesn't blindly run in after an invader is almost impossible to beat
not if you apply yourself. a host can only summon so many phantoms before he winds up getting ganked by reds.

>and don't move on from the bonfire with their phantoms and estus advantage
yeah, ill admit there are some bonfires in which its seemingly impossible to pressure a host out of. in which case desu the only recourse that wont result in failure is black crystalling or abusing cheat engine.

>Now most hosts are fucking morons so you can still win a good number of invasions
try most of them at sl30, gank or no gank, overleveled phantoms or no.

>but the way the numbers are set up in the system is to make hosts have the big advantage naturally
if you waltz into their gank like a fucking retard then sure, but otherwise your goal is to turn the level to your advantage, youre basically playing a game of cat and mouse where you use the environment and the enemies as traps with which you can stomp phantoms and hosts.

>I mean more it's fine that the host should have advantages because that's only fair.
Yeah agreed since host on average is going to be much worse at the game than someone that chooses to invade. If invasions were on an even playing field they'd be boring as fuck for reds. DS3 just fucked up the execution.

>try most of them at sl30,
I hate that by the time you can use a wide variety of builds the best PVP experience is long over because sl 120 invasions are all ganks.

>youre basically playing a game of cat and mouse where you use the environment and the enemies as traps with which you can stomp phantoms and hosts.
This sounds awesome but so many of them refuse to progress even when you're outnumbered 3 or 4 to 1.

>The flaw lies with the devs and not the players.
I'm not disputing with whom the fault lies. The fact is that it's there.

>not if you apply yourself. a host can only summon so many phantoms before he winds up getting ganked by reds.

That's counting on another red coming in though which is unlikely at best and even the phantom timer is nothing to prevent spawning phantoms you want if the host feels like playing footsies enough.

>if you waltz into their gank like a fucking retard then sure, but otherwise your goal is to turn the level to your advantage, youre basically playing a game of cat and mouse where you use the environment and the enemies as traps with which you can stomp phantoms and hosts.

And that's what you should do ideally but my bigger problem is that most levels in DS3 don't really allow you to exploit the environment in an invasion context. There's very few long stretches without a bonfire save as I mentioned above from Pontiff to Anor Londo and the stretch from Ringed Inner Wall to Ringed City Streets where there's a decent amount of enemies the host has to go through to pass along with environments to exploit. These areas are by the way the only ones that most people find consistently fun to invade in.

>duels are gimped because they put you on equal footing unlike invasions
wat, no they fucking dont. what they do in practice is reward the person whos got extremely good at timing their rolls and punishing at the perfect oppertunity only.

>Or else what you cheating pindick?
dunno, depends on what i feel like that day. i might throw a prism stone down that spawns a warmth that spawns a level wide burgerflip with full heal and tears of denail properties til you alt+f4, or i might just turn on infinite iframes and slap you a couple of times til you get the idea that youre being a faggot.

>Are you going to curse me
i only curse people who insist on trying to fight me with infinite iframes enabled. then you deserve to be instakilled for being a bellend.

>wat, no they fucking dont. what they do in practice is reward the person whos got extremely good at timing their rolls and punishing at the perfect oppertunity only.

So it rewards the person who plays better?

CE user status: Destroyed

A connection disruption can mean only one thing...

yeah, sl120 is pretty much cancer, i never really get any fun fights at sl120

>This sounds awesome but so many of them refuse to progress even when you're outnumbered 3 or 4 to 1.
which is why you basically need to abandon the meta sls and avoid irythyll in general like its the black plague, because that church bonfire is basically impregnable for a single red.

>That's counting on another red coming in though which is unlikely at best
not when hes got a 5 man gank it isnt.

>even the phantom timer is nothing to prevent spawning phantoms you want if the host feels like playing footsies enough.
the host will likely spend whole minutes alone without a blue. keep plenty of ranged shit to hand to harass him with if you want to whittle the cunt down.

>but my bigger problem is that most levels in DS3 don't really allow you to exploit the environment in an invasion context.
bad levels have been in every souls game to date, i strongly suggest cathedral of the deep at sl30 if you really want to get some high quality invasions.

no, there is more to playing than rolling and pressing r1 occasionally, duels only represent a tiny subset of the skills required in invasion combat.

you know theres 2 of us here, right?

They don't though.

I've beaten players who played much better than I did thanks to luck or lag.

Dark Souls 3 PvP is just rock paper scissors. Is he gonna go for an R1, a parry or a WA, etc...

Guess correctly and you win.

>and avoid irythyll in general like its the black plague,
But it's so fucking pretty and I can only fashion souls and still have a half decent build at level 50+

God damn you Miyazaki

>no, there is more to playing than rolling and pressing r1 occasionally

But that's 99% of invasion combat too.

i want you to slice your throat
cmon freakkkk, just a little cut, won't hurt much won't be deep. start with your wrists, cut them up a little bit, just a little bit. before you know it you will be cutting them deep, real deep little freak cmon, then you can end your pathetic life after you clip your neck artery (if you can do that through the 50 lbs of fat on your neck), end it!!!!!

>Some faggot in zimbabwe using mcdonald's wifi catching my red eye orb again
>Invasion perpetually fails, same guy no matter how many times I hit the orb

N E T C O D E

in aesthetic sure, but in terms of design its basically a loopy corridoor, and is without any other redeeming design qualities.

calm your autism

only if youre fucking useless and arent playing the level to your advantage.

There's a lot of plunging attacks and heal punishes too, things you don't see at all in regular 1v1 duelfaggotry.

Do people really get mad at dying to cheaters? It's basically a walkover, you know the other guy knows he couldn't beat you legit, he might as well alt-f4.

I don't know if I should laugh or be concerned.

>you can't punish miracle heals
>you can't punish ashen estus
>you can't plunge when 3 out of 4 maps are not flat
is this what invaders actually believe?

>Do people really get mad at dying to cheaters?
Yes. They get very perturbed.

Environmental hazards.

>plunging attacks

3/4 of dueling locations have areas you can exploit plunging attacks in if you want especially if you do Obscuring shenanigans.

>heal punishes

Ashtus usage and miracle heals both of which you need to know how to punish against competent people.

>>you can't punish miracle heals
Hardly anyone uses miracle heals in duels due to the fact that they're easy to punish.

>>you can't punish ashen estus
If your opponent is retarded and uses it in your face when you have a fast weapon out, sure.

>>you can't plunge when 3 out of 4 maps are not flat
In a hundred duels you might see a couple of plunging attacks. When was the last time you witnessed a successful plunging attack in a duel?

>implying someone brings miracle heals to arena outside of retardation when regen is much better and easier to pull off
>implying you can plunge people in a 1v1 situation

what about using mobs, very uneven levels and so so? how often do you see yourself switching to cat ring in a shitty 1v1 duel?

>arguing about pvp when you're not pic related

The enemy's life doesn't depend on using blue estus so it doesn't apply as much pressure not to let them do it for free. And getting plunged in duels requires one to be actually retarded. Not "you misjudged your opponent's intention and attacked with a straightsword when he had already started an ultra swing", you need to be actually, sub-70 iq retarded

who the fuck is this
honest question

Thank god I'm not a faggot.

literally who?

the best souls player in the world

>Implying someone brings miracle heals to arena outside of retardation when regen is much better and easier to pull off

Med Heal and Heal Aid are some of the best healing spells to use in 1v1 because they're fast and heal for huge amounts which you can get off if you have enough space, knowing how to stay on people who have it and punish appropriately is necessary.

>implying you can plunge people in a 1v1 situation
>When was the last time you witnessed a successful plunging attack in a duel?

Lots of people who were doing arena when Kiln was the only option got on the tower in it and did Greatbow/ranged attack memes with cat ring on, it's a great way to fuck up idiots health who fall down after you without swapping to it. And the fact that you might not need Cat Ring doesn't mean the option isn't there which you are claiming.

He looks more like a tribute.

>every day this fucking faggot with a thrall hood shows up at my door

seeNobody does any of that shit in duels.

Duelfags even complained about the terrain in the kiln map and begged FROM to implement a flat round arena so that the game becomes even more boring.

Is it the fate of every souls player to become a trap?

No. Why would you even think that?

>Lots of people who were doing arena when Kiln was the only option got on the tower in it and did Greatbow/ranged attack memes with cat ring on, it's a great way to fuck up idiots health who fall down after you without swapping to it
"Lots". Not viable in any situation besides braindead retardation.

You clearly don't do much then because it was all over Kiln when it came out.

>Duelfags even complained about the terrain in the kiln map and begged FROM to implement a flat round arena so that the game becomes even more boring.

No one likes round plaza though because it's a BIG flat arena when the biggest complaints about other arenas is how big they are making rolling around infinitely easier. Round Plaza is actually worse than actual post-Pontiff Irithyll for duels because of that. High Wall is still the best place to actually do duels and I hate that arena drained all the players from there.

MOM PULL THE PLUG THE DARK SPIRIT IS COMING

Man, I wish I was there. Just my opinion

MOM COME LOOK I'M POINTING DOWN UNTIL HE FADES HAHAHAHAHA

No one likes Kiln though because it's a BIG uneven arena with places to hide and make dueling literally a chore, even worse than it already is.

See, it's easy to pull shit out of my fucking ass too. And with anecdotal evidence, even.

I don't know who this thrall hood faggot is, but I'm actually the best souls player in the world

Yeah Kiln is shit too I'm not gonna lie there, From didn't 'cater' to any people who actually liked duels when making the arenas since they built them with 3v3s in mind which are really fun but they're fucking dead now.

Damn son, can I have some of that dick?

So kinda like an invasion then.

>tfw I play on PS4 and don't have to deal with cheating assfags who make excuses for their scrub behavior
Feels good.

Yeah, but except in invasions you have Thirsty blues, overleveled phantoms who think they're the best souls player ever because they have 99 in each stat and mobs. Also people usually need to progress, and there's no 3 minute time limit for them to wait out.

Hey TommySunner, when is your 18th birthday coming up?

Yeah, just call me

soon, you're not invited though

I make no excuses user.

I cheat because I want to.

Invasions can last much longer than 3 minutes. I think my longest was almost an hour.

>Invasions can last much longer than 3 minutes. I think my longest was almost an hour.
And it's great that you have no arbitrary time limit to fuck you over.

>wearing a helmet

Great artistic skills!! You're so good I'm gonna give you A+ for this one. You're like, the smartest kid in the whole 3rd grade

So you'd rather chase a guy around the arena for 30 minutes rather than 3?

>I don't make excuses
Sure

>implying I need to chase people
They have to progress, they have to get through me.

souls is about survival

Only reason to not wear a helmet is if you have a great waifu face, and most of /dsg/ sucks at waifus. Even then, there's head options with open faces. Sunset helm rules anyway.

>runs past you to the fog gate

psssh, nothin personnel kid...

This image always gets me because iirc sunset and ornstein's sets are perfect for minmaxing

It really is.

Knowing that the host CANNOT continue with the game without dealing with you is such a nice feeling to have while you watch netflix.

only he isnt

Only one of those posts is me and I didn't make any exucuses. Try again son.

Or they can just run straight for the boss fog.

>too much of a pussy to fight me
A win in my book. They can't handle my style and run away scared.

That's part of the joke.

Nice mental gymnastics. The goal of an invasion is to kill the host. If you can't do that then you're nothing more than a mild hindrance.

The chad minmaxes with 0 effort. It comes naturally.

Invasions are nothing more than a mild hindrance to begin with. What do you even lose? 2 minutes and a ember, wow~