/wpsg/ - WoW Private Server General

CLASSIC WOW EDITION

Hades - Cataclysm - 1x - November 16th
twinstar.cz/2017/08/30/international-cataclysm-launch-name-and-schedule/?lang=en
hades-wow.com/how-to-connect/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vrXWOnrAAsLok8dTGZMwpYByBz6COxIcGRs-RA26QZc/edit#gid=2070610586 (go to discord.gg/bSXZw39 to sign up)

>How do I connect to [server]?
1. Register on a private server that hosts the same game client you have.
2. Copy their realmlist URL. This can usually be found on the main page of the website or on their registration page.
3. Look for a realmlist.wtf file in your WoW folder. This may either be in the root folder, or inside Wow/Data/enUS/
4. Open the realmlist.wtf file in a text editor such as Notepad and paste in the realmlist settings of the server. Make sure it starts with 'set realmlist' followed by the realmlist URL.

>I have set the realmlist correctly but it still connects me to XYZ server/says invalid login info.
Make sure your realmlist is correct and not read only.

>How do I stop my client from auto-updating?
• Start the game with wow.exe - not launcher.exe
• Don't use your email for logging in, use your account name.
• Find the patchlist file in your installation and remove it.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

project-ascension.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for fuck senna

The discord moderator is immunized against all dangers: one may post a rap video, pickle rick, cat pictures, or brap hogs -- it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But post a cute anime girl and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve something to remove.”

So people are really adopting the anti-anime meme? Hilarious.

why do i need to go to discord to sign up for a wpsg guild when this place is wpsg? do you want me to get on voice for an interview as well? bunch of adult babies thinking they are the KGB

if you don't want to use discord don't but it's an easy way of keeping track of shit without logging on, and it's also a good voip system

feel free to not use it

Some people want the socialization factor. I personally don't care about it too much, so don't use it myself. As long as you know what you're doing, it should be fine.

lordaeron is a good realm

I like cata

It is, most of the Warmane realms are simply good.
To be fair, you have to have a very high knowledge to appreciate Warmane. The scripting is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of several cores most of the mechanics will go over a typical player’s head.

You need a minimum IQ of 125 to enjoy Warmane and its script quality. As a member of mensa and 0.01%r, I can actually quantify this minimum IQ requirement.

Why did /wpsg/ never just launch their own server with publicly viewable, live, server console log

Not enough people and possibly not enough dedicated programmers.

Why aren't more people playing this?
>project-ascension.com/

Someone recommended it in one of the /v/ classic wow threads, and I'm having a blast
It's "vanilla", but it's based off the 3.3.5 client. They plan to release content and expansions over time.

The gimmick is that you have all 3 resources (mana/energy/rage) and you start with 3 generic abilities to start you off (they become really bad later, so you replace them with real abilities).
Every 2 levels you get enough points (typically) to buy an ability (most are 2, but tame pet is 5, and dual wield is 1).
Every 1 level after 10 you get a talent point.

You can get any ability or talent with no prerequisites as long as you meet the level requirement.
I'm playing a hunter with a pet bear, except I have dual wielding rockbiter weapons (attack power on each weapon) and blessing of might.
At 30 I plan to respec in a holy AOE tank, using consecration, holy nova, thorns/ret aura/etc to deal shitton of damage and heal myself.

If you're looking for something really fun, try it out.
The only downside is that you can't pick your racials, so as Alliance you are pretty much a human if you want a free PVP trinket ability (WOTLK every man for himself)

There's also random enchantments on greens/blues/purples above 20~ that give you random bonuses that completely change what builds are viable. You can reroll enchantments too at enchanting stations for gold or tokens (that you get from doing dungeons)

An example I've seen is Mangle build where you get a massive amount of energy reduction on mangle and can use it non-stop.
Another is "Shadow Warrior" where you get strength gear, convert it to spell power with talents, and use shadow dots and shadow form. You also get bleeds. There's an enchantment that causes ticks to have a chance to cast shadowbolts at enemies, so if you get a bunch of those enchantments you can stack dots up and be casting bolts like crazy while you melee

sounds like path of exile a bit
does this server have some population?

Seems to have people on it
No idea what the numbers are though, and they modded the /who interface out for whatever reason.

The "Hardcore" realm is 3x XP and your stuff drops on death.
I'm playing on the normal pvp realm though.

>gimmicky custom server memeshit
lmao no thanks

AVOID THE JEW

no chinks, gummy loot(group quest drops)
no sjws

EVERFREH

>tell friend to play on LH with me
>month later he says some guys have been busting his balls over warmane for month and he finally caved in
>insists i should go with him
>tfw ive invested countless hours on my toons
>tfw i started wow in vanilla
>"durrrr hurrr lets go on wotlk"
>"im not into mmos but i like the lore"
>tell him he could start with vanilla and then move to a BC server if he wants
>"I dont know which server is better"

wat do

The concept seems interesting/crazy enough for me. I might try it.

fuck it you caught me I'm going to try this can't be worse than cataclysm anyway

ded

deds

Is cataclysm really the only thing you guys want to play?

MoP/WoD too, but there are no decent servers with high pop.

Tauri has decent server but their english server is dead with ~100 pop.

I tried it but the server was dead so it was just a boring sologrind with the promise of being able to do fuck all at level 60 with the exception of most likely being ganked by a decked out guild.

I'm having trouble deciding what class to roll for vanilla.

I mainly want to pvp, intending on poopsocking for months to get r14.

Options I considered were Warlock, Warrior, Shaman(ele for pvp, healbot for dungeons, enh for grind), and Rogue. I'd much prefer something good at grinding, as that's how I've always preferred to level in vanilla. I want to be able to stay ahead of the zerg. I've only levelled rogues to 60 before, so I don't know what to expect from the other classes.

As for grinding, I know Warlock would be faster, Warrior slower(until WW weapon?), dunno about shaman but I'd imagine it might be pretty similar once you get windfury.

Ele shaman sounds appealing to nuke people from orbit, while having some decent offheals and survivability. No clue how well they grind though. I don't think any of my friends are gonna be playing a priest so I'm concerned about warrior, furthermore the slow levelling and subpar grinding don't sound very appealing. Endgame sounds great though once geared. I hardly know anything about how it feels to play a warlock. Rogue I know what to expect.

Any advice boys?

why didn't you chucklefucks just make a character on the main server? what's the difference if you get hungarians in your dungeons anyway

well you want range for grinding, melee needs constant good gear updates. just thinking about warrior grinding makes me wanna kys

All resources and rares are yours

ded

Warlock sounds like your best option. It's good at grinding, one of the best for soloing, and strong in pvp.
Warrior would be another option, since it's so strong in organized pvp, but it's hell to level and shit in general without a pocket healer.

Without gear, you're rage started for days too. Also kited for days too. kek

Will the finns steal all of Veeky Forums good players in classic like they've done on private servers?

Everyone with me :
We wuz dead g......?? and shieeeet