World of Warships General - /wowsg/

Old-timey Pasta Edition

*****NEW TO THE GAME? RETURN AFTER LONG ABSENCE?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you play a T6 ship).

>Newbie guide
pastebin.com/6evJAynS (embed)

>World of Warships Steam Release SOON™
store.steampowered.com/app/552990/World_of_Warships/

>0.6.12
worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/dasha-through-the-snow/

>Halloween Part 2
worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/fell-on-black-seas/

>0.6.13 PTS
worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/poop-deck-patching/

>Captain Skill calculator
shipcomrade.com/captcalc

>Statistic tracker
wows-numbers.com/
wowstats.org/

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for "Veeky Forums" (by antibullyranger)
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel" (by Varzov)
SEA Channel: "Veeky Forums"

>Clans
[HOTEL] on EU - contact Rex1121
[KUMA] on EU - contact one of the deputies/recruiters
[BOTES] on SEA - contact Benlisquare
[BOTES] & [HOTEL] on NA - contact JakeNS

Old thread:

>Looks to me like a cruiser's worst nightmare.
You mean like every BB?

Lyon is DOA

16 shells, and especially 16 HE shells with 900 m/s v0 sound more like a gignatic fuck you to DDs.

Becasue the game desperately needs those gone too after the crusiers are new thoroughly fucked ;^)

Because those are pre WW1 shell, I imagine they will lose energy quite quick

CAutists or "CAsuals" are massive spergs responsible for the massing nerfs to CVs and DDs. They've been trying to nerf BBs for the past 1 and ½ years.

>still linking to the Reddit clan aka Rex's clan in OP

You disappoint me, 300ck.

My ancestors waited 800 years. 800 shitposts is nothing to me.

>People who play the weakest, shittest class want nerfs to the classes that shit on them

Gee, ya think?

Ah there's the CAutist. I guess buffed AA, buffed DF, buffed sonar, the implementation of radar, new upgrades to further buff sonar, DF and radar isn't enough for the allegedly weakest class. A poor little Des Moines or Minotaur gets shit on by a big bully DD and CV :(

Kill yourself, I know you're a Chink because of your fallacies and screeching noises.

>pre WW1 shell
no worries dearest battleship players!

Lyon hull B will give upgrade to post-WW1 modernization shell, much improved ballistic and penetration)))))))))))))))))))))))))

So a Charles Martel just lit three fires on my Gneisenau in one salvo, shortly after I repaired the set of 2x fires earlier set.

Nice autistic reply there.

Maybe you should post some stats to prove how much higher CA/Ls WR and damage per game is VS the other classes? Y’know, to really put my Chinese ass in its place?

No class has a significant WR advantage

It's more like the ship will be pretty impotent against other BBs. From the looks of it French BBs up to tier 7 will have pretty crappy but numerous guns then gain a sudden jump in quality at tier 8 onwards (Richelieu guns had better characteristics than Bismarck). It's obvious why they chose to make Dunkerque a prem since it has actually good guns and doesn't fit in that tree.

People always underestimate high tier French cruisers. They might be made of glass but their kiting is nothing to scoff at.

So wait, Strasbourg isn’t going to be in the normal tree? WTF I hate WG now!

If you know the stupid WG rule about "no downgunning BBs in the regular tech tree" that shouldn't surprise you.

>Dunkerque
>good guns

???

>Richelieu guns had better characteristics than Bismarck
Do you really think details like this have meaning in WG's design process?

Just to list some other 'historical' details:
German guns were relatively accurate, and are inanccurate as fuck in the game.
IJN torpedo defenses were shit, but are superb in the game.
German watertight integrity and torpedo defenses performed well in reality, but are a complete joke in the game.

And so on.

will be prem ship, just a few shekels))))))))))

They already dropped that rule with KGV, that was just a shit excuse to make people buy Scharnhorst.

They have high shell velocity and superior damage compared to the 340mm of the regular line, despite being smaller, not to mention better HE. So yes, that makes them better guns.

Funnily enough, a few Hotel members keep bitching about how splitting harmed EU chances of getting Stalingrad (maybe, maybe not), but those few people are the same contrarians keeping Hotel on life support.
If not for those few people Hotel would be unironically newfags and filler (no offense), and there would be no reason to keep it alive as the competitive clan, considering they barely have competitive ships in their lineup.

Well they have to give Richelieu an edge at that tier. Bismarck gets meme secondaries and troll armor, Richelieu so far looks like it just has angling and sanic.mp3. I'm not sure if just that will be enough.

>Implying sanic won’t be enough
>Implying people won’t stack speed flags and speed boost to blurr the boundaries of space and time with never before seen levels of sanic
>Implying it won’t have eight reverse gears so it can go just as fast backwards

You underestimate the power of the baguette.

>full speed 32kn

Looks like devs have been reading japanese meme comics again.

>mfw I realize the slavic merchants are reading chinese cartoons and balance the game according to what is shown there

Except if you knew anything about the ship you'd know it reached 32kn

Remember all the other ships in the game that have their speed adjusted for BALANS reasons?

You forgot the most egregious example.

the ijn long lance had a significant reduction to bubble trails and were incredibly hard to spot
meanwhile in game they are detected from the longest ranges of all torpedoes

literally the one thing they were designed for and they are the complete opposite.

IS
OF
BALANS

But the alpha.

I pity those of you who will never know the pure joy of launching 20 km Type 93s from IJN cruisers.

I still see the walls of skill blotting out the waves all along teh western half of the North map.

Reminder that WG turns into pretty much opposite of themselves all naval ideas.

The Jean Bart made 32 knots on her sea trials

French BBs saved.

Perfection

this is not my dear oct revolution,sweetheart.
ah a uptiered dunkerque,at least lyon is unique.

God this thread is useless, just let it die.

>this is not my dear oct revolution,sweetheart.

What?

the only perfection is soviet batleships.
but of course a chink lover like you would not understand.

>Be drunk slav boat game dev
>Replicate models of dozens of ships with decent accuracy
>including those that barely left archives behind
>Be US big budget developer
>try to model museum ship USS Texas
>give it only 3 turrets
>give it Alabama state flag
>call it a nuclear carrier
>can't even model main guns correctly
Why 'Muricans are just so retarded

Literally okay, ivan. Go celebrate the loss at Tsushima.

proof?

Reminder that Tsushima is literally the most important naval battle of 20th century

Reminder that soviets couldn't produce steel plates and all of their post-dreadnought battleships are as fictional as Star Wars spaceships.

we will celebrate the victory of ww2.
what the fuck happened with jutland?midway?

>loss at Tsushima
but comrade, was not actually a loss!

was just clever ruse to trick tzarist bourgeois fools into building new dreadnought navy of highest standard, better than other imperialist navies!

who need steel plates when stalin himself guide our fleet to victory?
you need steel to hide your weak crew.

This is a 100% accurate american-made replica of Bismarck; you may not like it but this is how Bismarck looks like in real life.

Are those turrets upside down?

>you will never have upside down turrets in your ship.
life lost her purpose.

You see, hans. When you put turret upsidedown, enemy will not shoot out of confusion.

>no range
>no good HE
>no good AP
>no speed
>no AA
>no HP
>no armor
>no fast turrets

So I heard the Courbet won't be tier 3? But it's France's first dreadnought, what else can they use?

Yeah I have to agree, I'm grinding the Queen Elizabeth and I'm 'trying' to take advantage of the stealth aspect but everything on this ship is so shit that it doesn't really make up for it

The issue is that you can't really use stealth if you have to get at knife distance to do anything and you can't just run away and dodge incoming fire.

Very nice

Yeah I tried knifing and kiting but the turrets, rudders and speed are too slow to really utilize being able to disappear and reappear

Yes yes, very nice. Trying to fight an Amagi, Scharnhorst and Warspite alone is very fun and engaging.

>Trying to fight an Amagi, Scharnhorst and Warspite alone is very fun and engaging.
Perhaps don't try that?

That game was doomed to fail from the start as about half of our team didn't leave the spawn

>tfw carrying

removal of cvs from the game when
wg clearly knows they are blatantly overpowered which is why they aren't in clan battles, so why are they allowed in random battles in their current state?

you bring shame to yamato spirit
tenno expects more
autumn leaves fall as you commit sudoku

I did manage to get rid of the Scharn and fought the Warspite down enough for a friendly to take her down. Amagi just kept penning me from every angle, succumbed to her.

A good way to balance them out is by giving a small HP pool, just like SPG in WoT, where you can survive a single shot or two if you're lucky. CV can take minutes of shelling and don't break a sweat, and this is bullshit for a class that is already god almighty that sends his punishment from above.

I close my eyes, tell us why must we suffer

Do they keep reducing Nagato's citadel protection or am I just remembering it wrong?

No, it was always pretty shit.

In fact, they imrpoved it by removeing the old hull A.

But you can generally work around that by not getting too close, Nagato is good at midrange fights.

From the newest CoD

>CoD
Clip loading a scoped Springfield. They can't do anything right.

>General

fuck off already

>cvn-56
>texas
>ww2
so wait
is it a carrier or a battleship.

>They can't do anything right.
Considering the publisher, what did you expect?

>Hotel on life support beating Kuma at full strength
>Lets make the clan with the lower cap and fewer facilities the main competitive one
Can't make this shit up!

t. sub 60 percent winrate

inb4 copyright evasion

>a carrier or a battleship
why not both

delet this heretic

>t. CVnt
They're really easy to spot.

Because its a retarded idea.

>beating
L O L
104 battles @ 54%
Vs
59 battles @ 62%

Same league, same group even if starting later with half the games played, you really are grasping kek.
Also implying you need 40 spots for the competitive clan when you can only field 2 divisions at the same time and even that is questionable.
40 spots would be actually pretty good to accomodate all the players who don't want to actively take part in CWs or lack the experience and ships to be helpful.

Exposed.

This is the man with a five year old voice and shitposting tendencies. And now, ladies and gentlemen, may I proudly present to you the new leader of BOTES, JakeNS.

>in Gneis
>most of my friends and enemies go to A
>me with a few DDs and a cruisers to hold off north of C
>enemy Budyonny detected
>I fire
>first salvo get a citpen, second salvo also citpen which ends her miserable life
>see a Bayern charging head-on and an Akatsuki staying in C
>manage to cut Bayern's HP by 10% and erase Akatsuki's remaining 25% HP using AP salvo
>C back to us, suddenly the Mexican standoff around A loosens a bit
>teammates cap A and B so we have advantage, so I decide to go a little bit deeper and try to hunt down the October Revolution
>still die because getting concentrated fire, but still getting early win because teammates get the Russkie killed
I just feel I'm alive. However I just don't know whether I should spend the upcoming 4 points for Manual Secondaries. Or Manual AA? Concealment?

>a retarded idea
We're talking about the people who 'developed' CoD for roughly the fifteenth time in a row and about their target demographic.

Also
>hotel
>useless ship that sat in port her whole life
>40 spots, plenty of space for newfags and weirdos and bonuses to help them grind faster
Would be fitting for people who dont want to take part in CWs and newcomers

Meanwhile
>kuma
>sunk more merchant vessels and transport than Gunther Prien
>was sent in combat missions and survived
>fewer spots, dont need clan size because you can field only two divs
>mostly oldfags and people with t10 ships and experience
>better stats
Would be perfect as the designated CW clan, but of course some butthurt whiny sperg would cry about losing muh moderator seat and repair bonuses, ablooabloo...

That would unironically be the best outcome for EU community with zero flaws and zero drama, and it won't ever happen for personal interests and affairs between the clans.

>in WoWs it would just be a battleship with 20 spotter planes

good idea comrade
you stay out of gulag for now

mother of god, prec is probably shaking in the grave nlw

I mean aviation battleships are a retarded idea.

And the CoD kiddies will not even notice.

>rudder shifted to the max
>away from a Bogue fleeing in the other direction

>teabong facing a Bogue
>AP

CV would, however shitters weigh the CVs averages down far more significantly than the same shitter would to the other classes averages.

The bonger AP actually fuzes fast enough to deal citadel damage to a Bogue, if you hit the engine rooms.

It's still retarded, I'm just saying.

Which one?

The fat asian on the left with tiny testicles.

>putting personal and subjective motives in an objective disguise

KUMA shills, everybody.

but the name on the bag is too long