Why do rich business douche-bags like to drive these

>Why do rich business douche-bags like to drive these.

>Is this a symbol of success in America?

Because they can. For the wealthy spending 100k+ isn't worth the effort it takes them to research cheaper economical options.

Lazy rich fucks

> not rich person mindset
No, to the wealthy, dropping 6 figures on a car is a much concern for them as you getting a Starbucks in the morning. They probably more worried whether their 10 car garage has room.

I'd imagine if they had 10 car garage they wouldn't spend their money on a pure ass BMW...

At least the ones I have in my mind, all the other can suck a dick what shit car to ruin a 10 car garage

>>Is this a symbol of success in America?

Kind of. It's also associated with living above your means, so the immediate thought isn't success, it's "I wonder why that guy drives an expensive car"

What is he trying to prove, or display, with his nice car? Sometimes that can have business reasons (to display an aura of wealth for rich clients/big sales), but most of the time it's a personality defect. A desire to feel superior over overs.

Which is why those guys are all douchebags.

Makes perfect sense.

Middle class people drive those. like accountants and shit

go to a suburb with household average income above 100k and you'll stop being impressed by a new bmw. if anything, the guy in the meticulously maintained 95 5 series is almost always going to be richer than the guy in the newest model.

if a guy is actually makes REAL money and he wants to be flashy bmw is basically peasant stuff. most people buy these because they're simple, not flashy, and work and they will drive them for a long time. if someone views his bmw as impressive he probably makes 50-105k.

The only time seeing someone drive a luxury car is impressive is if it's something absurdly expensive. Other than that I think the same thing as you posted. I see someone who is wasting money pretending to be rich.

I have a coworker who spends about $700 month for a Mercedes. It's a nice car but he only makes about 75k. Once you realize most of the people buying these cars really aren't that rich it changes your perspective and it loses it's "status" effect.

>wasting money pretending to be rich

This exactly.

>BMW
>rich people

Dont make me laugh, that's a car for middle and lower middle class people pretending to be rich.

They think they're me lmao!!!

The guys who are actually wealthy drive cars like Corolla and Honda Civic, once you reach that level of wealth things like cars (depreciating assets) are just viewed as tools that take you from A to B.

Once you actually become wealthy, the acquisition of wealth itself becomes a form of enjoyment.

I know a guy who's old money, drives a KIA Optima and basically looks a middle class guy.

If you live in any major city BMW's are literally what highschoolers and poor college kids drive. I walk down the street and pass Maseratis, Ferraris and Lambos on a daily basis. Im not rich at all, I drive a shitty civic but this is just what it's like here, something like 1 in 40 people here have a luxury vehicle and 1 in 100 have a supercar

Where do you live user.

Vast majority of places would still consider BMW's as luxury cars.

Vancouver

BMW's are cheap as fuck unless you have a top of the line 7 series and even then its probably one of the cheapest cars you will see in a day

>Vancouver

>fucking Vancouver
>one of the most expensive cities in the world

rich people are delusional, you see it again and again.

> BMW
> Rich

K

i live in LA

i drive bmw 428

i consider it the bare minimum for 7+/10 roasties to considee bedding you. infact, they straight up tell me this.

i am under no illusion. the sad truth is even if u can somehow save 3k MONTHLY and invest ur shit at 7% annual rate, itll still take 20 years to retire with a modest salary.

life is shit

Rich people drive cars that cost more than a BMW Coupe. It's middle class people playing at being rich who are living from paycheck to paycheck who drive those. It's the same people who live in houses with mortgage payments that eat up over half their take home pay every month.

these low end luxury cars are not even that expensive, maybe 20k tops, and they are high quality and very comfortable and smooth riding. i had to borrow my moms kia for a couple weeks and i felt like shit and was constantly worried that it would explode/break down or something. not to mention the safety of a quality car. cars are not really a big deal, and no, just because some retarded billionaire drives a 1991 taurus doesn't mean that only poor people drive decent cars. get over yourselves, something like 1 in 10 people make over 200k so quit deluding yourself everytime you see a decent car drive past.

I manage a luxury car repair shop. I cuck bmw drivers on a daily basis - dat german quality :))))

Yup. Also, if you have 50 houses making you 30k a month why not get a 30 year home loan and buy a 6 figure car.

Know several wealthy guys. They tend to have a few shops and not 10 car garage cause why have 19 doors... all have raptors for work. All have corvetts for weekends. All have king ranch for daily. Misc classics.

Bro. Go to pilot. Finf the one witha bar next door.

Roach coach.

Chicken taco.

Welcome

Nice trips but rich, he'll even people of moderate means, don't drive Honda and Toyotas, they drive Infinity and Acura.

>using the raptor for work
>use the "king ranch" for daily driver
Both are nice as fuck but the Raptor is the real flex truck.

Can we stop this meme? Seriously it is annoying the way this board goes about its treatment of Luxury cars. Buying one of these cars is the ultimate fuck you to money, Having one shows money isn't an issue. Just because one rich guy you know drives a beater doesn't mean every rich guy drives a beater. Most Middle class families cant afford a BMW let alone the repairs out of warranty.

But to answer your question user, the reason why rich people drive expensive cars is because the build/quality is fucking awesome. The way you feel driving, the handling, the seclusion,the speed, the comfort, the entire package is amazing.

In my experience BMW drivers are generally the biggest cunts in the road. Makes sense for a car popularised by communist terrorists.

Pretty ordinary vehicle that one, over here you buy that for only one of two reasons - either as a trophy to impress other poor people, or as a getaround that won't frighten other wealthy people.

The idea is to have enough disposable income that buying one isn't shit.

If you have to sacrifice a lot to own one you are doing it all wrong.

I hate the way bmws are seen as status symbols though.

When you have an old one it's "oh he is trying to look rich"

They sit low to the ground, have leather interior and they are rwd.. That's why I like em.

Just look at the damn thing. It's beautiful. 10/10 car

> build quality
those things are designed to go to shit so you spend twice as much on repairs, that's why the secondary market for luxury cars is so cheap and you see niggers driving 2yo BMW/Mercedes.

I would consider myself moderately wealthy and I own a White B180 used Mercedes at the lowest trim, its good ride quality and plenty of power.

It doesn't scream douchebag either, just looks like a modest practical car that's very neutral in its looks. Its not nice enough to be douchey but not 'economic' enough to look strange in good neighbourhoods.

That's a 50k middleclass wage-slave car user.
Rich people drive pic related

I bought this
faster than an E63, only cost $39000 (cert. pre-owned, w/ 13,000 miles)

mercedes and lexus are god tier. audi is master race. i have none of those 3 though so don't ask for pics

>audi
>buying a rebadged vw
No thanks

This. I bought a m3 because I've wanted one since I was a child and there are very few daily-derivable cars that drive in a similar way.

I couldn't give less of a fuck if someone thinks it's fancy or not.

>raptors
>work

Kek, the ultra high net worth don't "work", they manage their investments, jet around to global cities to do deals

That is the ugliest piece of shit I've seen Mercedes produce. They got bonus points for the subtle merging of econobox and SUV-wannabe Porsche

Umm no, thanks for playing

Mercedes, Audi, bmw is preschool wealth tier. When you're ultra high networth type wealthy, it's maybach, RR, Koenigsegg, Aston Martin, etc

We're by no means rich, but between my wife and me we make a little north of $175k/yr and she drives a newer Toyota Corrolla and me a 08 GMC pick-up, have a nice house and money put aside for kids collage and retirement, plus regular vacations in Mexico/Hawaii

If we did those cars (and we totally could) we would have to give up or lessen some of the things that are important to us

Not worth giving up lifestyle for a car that does the exact same as something 50k cheaper

that is true. i guess i just don't even think about those because ill never have that kind of money

This made my day lmao!!

>wealthy
>pick up trucks

wtf

lmao i dont think you get what i meant. The overall quality on the cars are better then say a brand new ford regardless. The reason the secondary market is so cheap is because the original buyers of those cars are leasing so they get the new on that comes out in three years not because of how bad the cars are.

My family isn't rich, but we own a new Mercedes benz. And when they let me drive it, I intentionally roll down all windows and blast rap music. People on here will call me a douchebag for that, but if you were in my position you'd understand how much of an ego boost it gives you. Girls always turn their heads to see me driving the car, knowing that most of them aren't valuable enough to be inside it with me. Where I live, having a nice car can get you a long way and a nice house in a nice neighborhood will get you even farther with status. I noticed this in the beginning of high school a lot of people would compare where they were living and hang around the people who live in the same area as them.

>People on here will call me a nigger
ftfy

This is a little bit elliotesque man. But enjoy I guess, if it's working for you.

>88
>HH

Kek. Perfectly accurate.

I used to be poor and live in a lower tier neighborhood and so many fucking faggots would do this. Great, you drive a fucking second hand bmw/cadillac, get over yourself.

Also the girls probably stare because you're blasting obnoxious music at them. Total Elliot Rodgers tier retard.

This is awesome. Pure representation of who you don't want to be.

who do you want to be then?

a white person?

The girls don't look at you because they're jealous, it's because you're an obnoxious douchebag

not a supreme gentleman

>39k
>hatchback fagmobile

wew

What do you want relatively affluent people to drive?

>German cars are reliable meme

>in America

You make it sound like a BMW isn't a symbol of success everywhere.

>yes goyim spend all your money on cool cars

> Yes do nothing with your money your entire life.

Lexus is the best luxury car brand by a long shot

Forgot pic

They also have boring styling on all their offerings under 100k

Not as bad as Infiniti though.

Always confused me how a Lexus has less problems than a Toyota when a Lexus is quite literally a nicer Toyota.

Image is 50% of life.

The nice car says: I have more money than I need and want to show off a little.

That is the answer though, it is a nicer toyota.

Why the fuck would anybody ever buy a Land Rover.

Than what Toyota? They build some vehicles more reliable than any lexus

If I had a million I'd buy a lambo because #YOLO

are you 12?

That's a pleb car
Rich people drive a RR Ghost, actually they're not even the ones drive, they have a driver

>spending 40-50k+ on a depreciating asset
>buying something that loses 25% of its value the second you buy it
>muh Speed muh driving

You have to be 18 to post here

>Californians are shallow materialistic shitheads

And water is wet

Luxury cars meant something when you needed to actually have the money or have a bank that would give it to you. Now with dealer financing you have jabrones like using them to impress the other peasants.

lmao

>Thinking 50k matters

make some money first kid.