I bought Drys stock about two weeks ago when it was above a dollar...

I bought Drys stock about two weeks ago when it was above a dollar. It dropped to about 70 cents over the following week and has hovered there since.

I go to look at it today and i'm seeing that its never went under $1.50 for the past month. wtf is going on?

Other urls found in this thread:

seekingalpha.com/article/4061653-dryships-something-fishy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don't worry op I'll buy your dip

the company dilutes its stock by issuing new shares. It uses the revenue to buy more ships and/or do shady stuff to enrich the owners of the company (and screw the shareholders).

Do not play around with these kind of stocks. do research on solid companies with good management, growing revenues, and a promising business model that can scale up.

what do you mean by "these kind of stocks"? how do you know beforehand if they will screw shareholders?

That's called a reverse split. Don't buy stocks if you don't know what that means.

Reverse splits aren't dilutive. They cause the share price to drop because they imply the company can't find any other way to comply with minimum price requirements to stay listed.

DRYS has literally dropped 99.8% in less than a year.
It's a dogshit company that people only buy because they're hoping it will get pumped & dumped again.

i fell for this meme too. we need to start pumping it. be sure to shill on Veeky Forums relentlessly. read a couple articles about the stock, then open an account at Stock Twits and pump there.

>Reverse splits aren't dilutive. They cause the share price to drop because they imply the company can't find any other way to comply with minimum price requirements to stay listed.

dryships dilutes AND does reverse splits so the share price doesn't get so low that it's kicked off the exchange.

Reverse split, you now own 1/4 the shares at 4x the price. And they continue the dilution that runs alongside it.

>DryShips Inc is a dry bulk shipping company based in Athens, Greece. It is a Marshall Islands corporation, formed in 2004.
>Following a series of reverse stock splits and the issuance of additional stock in 2016, in early 2017 the company refinanced its debt and announced an expansion into the gas carrier market with the purchase of a very large gas carrier.[7][8]
You either read this or didn't and then decided to invest in it afterwards

Instead of stocks, you should consider investing in getting tested for mental disabilities.

Dude, you should really learn to look at financials/metrics, at least in an over view sense.

The numbers on DRYS are horribly messed up, and they've had multiple reverse splits in the last 12 months which is a pretty horrible sign. Their assets are also going down, meaning they're liquidating like crazy just to survive.

At least there's a dividend or something.

From a wider point of view, people are currently panic selling many stocks due to the current geopolitical climate (North Korea, Syria). Many a selling off and heading to Government bonds and gold/silver/platinum. It'll jump back up eventually.

>From a wider point of view, people are currently panic selling many stocks due to the current geopolitical climate (North Korea, Syria).

brah you have no idea what you are talking about. This is not panic selling. I've seen actual panic selling during the financial crisis. This is nothing. Investors are just taking some profits and shifting money into fixed income a bit, because trump isn't delivering on his promises as quickly as people thought he would.

there is also a real possibility that the euro will collapse. This will drive up the demand for dollars and treasury yields will go down as foreigners buy our debt in a flight to safety.

Five reverse splits in the last 12 months....
1:4 (4/11/17)
1:8 (1/23/17)
1:15 (11/01/16)
1:4 (08/15/16)
1:25 (03/11/16)

And the stock is still struggling horribly.

Not to mention that the shipping industry right now as a whole is doing poorly with companies like Scorpio Tankers slashing their dividend from 0.125 a share to 0.01 a share...

This isn't political panic, this is just a company that's dying, in an industry that's doing poorly this year.

>1:25
jesus christ

I know, right? That's some pretty crazy shit that I've never seen before. If not for the reverse splits, it would be worth 0.000036 a share right now :/.

People really need to start slow and buy blue chips or something until they understand the market more. I understand the first step is reading and learning about the market, but practice is important too. They should just buy a decent amount of dividend paying blue chips, then a couple stocks they pick themselves for a small amount of money, say 1,000 and be willing to lose it all as long as they learn what went right or wrong.

This is why you don't buy stock just cause someone shills it on /rgt/

Anyone who bought DRYS deserves to lose money, it's the honest truth. Might as well play roulette in Vegas.

their assets have to exceed the total value of stock now...

why doesn't someone just buy up 51%, liquidate, and finally put them out of their misery?

I just can't believe anyone is still buying their stock.
At this point how can anyone but scammers accumulating for the next pump be left?

The numbers are super screwed up because of all the nonsense they're doing, but according to Morning Star the Price/BV is 1.9, so the price is still at a stupid premium. I'm guessing this is because their total assets went from 476 to 194 from 2015 to 2016... Someone is already fire selling them.

The only people making money on this are those that are shorting this thing into the ground.

Hell if I know, I'm guessing it's a mix of people who don't know any better and people who are just dumping some entertainment cash into it knowing they'll probably lose their shirts but might get lucky, sort of like buying a scratch ticket.

Really their shit is hard to read just because all the nonsense makes all the numbers come out wonky.

seekingalpha.com/article/4061653-dryships-something-fishy
DRYS is doing borderline illegal stuff with their share price. Treat it like your trading a 3x etf. Just scalp it on the days it pops. That's how I made money on it