Can Veeky Forums settle who are the greatest inventors in world history, Italians or Brits?

Can Veeky Forums settle who are the greatest inventors in world history, Italians or Brits?

Some of their most important inventions:

Italians
Battery, Internal Combustion Engine, AC Induction Motor, Wireless Communication, Modern Polymers, Nuclear Power Plant, Microprocessor

Brits
Steam Engine, Electric Motor, Programmable Computer, Television, Jet Engine, World Wide Web

Fuller lists:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_innovations_and_discoveries
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Italian_inventions

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_French_inventions_and_discoveries
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_inventions_and_discoveries
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_inventions_and_discoveries
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Innovation is more important than inventions. It doesn't matter who first made it because innovation will always take over.

Real life isn't an RPG so the most academically rigorous answer is that it's a fucking dumb question that belongs on /int/.

Are you suggesting objective accomplishment can't be quantified and compared? Odds are you're butthurt because you're from a country that has invented little to nothing.

>Steam Engine, Electric Motor, Programmable Computer, Television, Jet Engine, World Wide Web

Cool story
Meanwhile France:
Automobile, airplane, helicopter, bicycle, vaccine...

Why are frogaboos so cringe worthy and insecure?

>Are you suggesting objective accomplishment can't be quantified and compared?
Not him, but yeah you can't. For every famous invention there are a hundred thousands minutiae that nevertheless improved the world, how do you balance and quantify that?
Also I'm italian, so accusations of butthurt from you, since you just named my people as candidates to greatest inventors status.

I'm from the UK actually.

I just think it's a totally pointless question that's very obviously an /int/ tier attempt to take pride in the accomplishments of others.

Germans are superior to both

The wright brothers were American, they just went to France to work on it.
Why are the French so pathetic that they have to make up achievements?

The coffee filter, furry and what else? Most of the things Germans claim to have invented were demonstrably invented by someone else.

The almighthy wikipedia OP based his argument on said so

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_French_inventions_and_discoveries

Neither. Germans and Chinese are responsible for more inventions in world history.

Probably Brits for the Savery, the Newcomen, and the Watt steam engines, Newtonian physics, and America.

Didn't a Brit also invent the internet?

Some more- Bicycle (Some Scottish blacksmith), Modern toilet (some Scottish plumber), the jet engine was also theorized by British physicists before the Germans created the first Jet

>tfw most of the "British" inventions are Scottish

A bong invented the world wide web (which OP mentioned). The internet is really just a bunch of different inventions working in concert that can't really be attributed to one person.

Also a Scottish person invented the tyre.

Anglo-Saxons invented Scotland, so it's all good.

Actually Irish people invented Scotland.

lmao
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_inventions_and_discoveries

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_inventions_and_discoveries

France did not invent the Airplane (Americans) or Bicycles (Scots). The Helicopter and Automobile are also controversial since it depends on what your definition of a "working" automobile/helicopter is.

Country vs country piss contests belong on fuck off dipshit

What are Italians? There is no such group, that's a lingo-group.

Someone from Lombardy has fuck all to do with someone from Sicily. Italy is a confusion of peoples.

So are the rest of Western Europe
>Germany aka >H>R>E
>Britain aka Celtic fuckfest+Saxons+Normans
>France aka Germans+other Germans+Bretons+Italians+immigrants
>Spain and Portugal aka Basques+Catalans+Arabs+Spaniards

Eastern Europe as well.

life is an rpg, prove me wrong

Brits invented industrialization first so I have to hand it to them for that. Every other nation hit that point by copying either Britain or a nation that themselves copied Britain. Both Germany and America were once known as horrible plagiarists stealing all the good ideas of the empire.

Life is an RPG.

And Jews are the player characters. Goyim are just NPCs.

>Newtonian physics
All of Science goes back to the Italian invention of the University which culminated into Galileo and the likes.
>America
Italians invented transatlantic travel, otherwise Brits would have been contained to their islands.