So what are your expectations of salary?

>So what are your expectations of salary?

Why the FUCK is this shit not illegal yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

thelawdictionary.org/article/is-it-illegal-for-a-prospective-employer-to-verify-your-current-salary/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You get up and walk out?

Say
"I think you deserve about 70k a year right now but if you're nice to me I'll be generous about it."

How much do you got?
>Uh..uh..the company's worth 40...40 million
It'll do, for now.

this is a good start

"A typical rate for [this role] in [this city] is [amount]. I believe that I bring [skills] to the role which make me more valuable to the company than other candidates, and therefore I think a salary of [amount + 25%] is a fair reflection"

Pretty easy way to deal with it desu, it's worth going high (but not ridiculously so) and seeing what they say. Worst they can do is offer lower.

I would base my answer by first asking how much the company is worth, then asking what common schools some of the employees come from, then I base my answer for salary off those two factors. If the compnaies net worth is in the millions, and I went to a Better school then say maybe 85% of the employees, then I'd pin my answer around 75K-120K. Never settle for less is a strong rule.

I'll take a 10% pay cut in your advertised salary now, with a written contract stating a review of my performance in 6 months. If It is satisfactory I want a 40% increase. If It is unsatisfactory after 6 months I want a letter of recommendation upon my last day."

I took a 40k job and turned it into a 70k job with this tactic.
eat a dick, 4chins.

Sorry, we'll hire someone else to be trainee dishwasher

If I get a job I recently interviewed for, they said I negotiate salary with HR.

My thoughts are I'm going to ask for a range and I'll put myself $2000-$5000 below the maximum, assuming that figure is what I would be happy with.

I work in HR I never give the range because asshats will always ask for the max or just below. If I share the max I tell them that's what someone with 15 years minimum will be at (or more depending on job level of course). So many 22-25 years olds thinking they deserve six figures it's absurd. Sit down and do the fucking work for a few years you entitled bitch.

That said share where you're currently at( we can verify if you're honest) and ask for your number that you would not go below. Most employers respective offering someone more to be interesting enough for them to move.

Just remember there is always someone willing to the job cheaper so you get greedy and may not get a job.

>Company I used to work at refused to negotiate on salaries
>They couldn't figure out why they were hemorrhaging so many people that they had just trained and broken in with a few months of experience to competing companies who offered substantially better pay

The labor market makes them pay for it, but if a company is too institutionally stupid to notice that their shitty salaries cause them to bleed money retraining half their team every six months then they still won't change it.

They usually don't even give a range

If companies said "$x a month, can be negotiated later", then hired the best for the position I doubt anybody would complain
Now they just let workers bet lower and lower, and hire whoever has the least confidence

You can't even compare the offer of companies unless physically going to interviews, and if they have a hundred applicants, they won't wait around until you weigh your options

>turned a 40k job into a 70k job with this traffic
>40 times 0.90 is 36, 36 * 1.4 is 50.4
>50.4k
>not 70k

Were you hired as a math teacher?

>I work in HR

fuck you.

>we can verify if you're honest.
Fuck HR

We had the same thought and I never saw your post.

>we can verify if you're honest

Wanna know how I know you're not in HR?

This shit is illegal in some areas, do this to the wrong candidate and you're gonna get burned.

Know how I know you're going to be lifelong poorfags?

HR is a meme, waste of money

Shut up Gomer. We already more than our share of fuckup amateur lawyers spewing bad advice.

thelawdictionary.org/article/is-it-illegal-for-a-prospective-employer-to-verify-your-current-salary/

>HR is a meme, waste of money
said no one in management who actually understands the importance and value of a properly run HR department.

HR is a division within a company that will drastically harm the company if run poorly (lost talent, financial errors, fines and penalties), and that will drastically improve the company if run well (higher retention, fewer lawsuits). Only minimum-wage fuckwits don't understand this.

Implying what, exactly? HR is a meme, indicative of the bloated corporatocracy we all live in.

You know the labor market is fucked when it's cheaper to pay 100 people to forward emails and screen applicants than it is to have actual, knowledgeable staff making hiring decisions.

>Implying what, exactly?
Implying you have a childlike naivete about what HR does and the value it brings the company.

Also, you do know that if HR is making the hiring decision about the position you applied for, it means its a low-level, minimum-tier, no-skill, dead-end job for throwaway employees, right? Any job with a salary and a future will be filled by the people who actually work in the field.

But thanks for proving that you are indeed (and will certainly remain) a lifelong poorfag.

Because your employer has a right to ask you questions. Do you think businesses exist only to give you the maximum amount of money?

6mil annual. Also I want gold nanoparticles injected into my blood bi-weekly.

trainee dishwashers aren't paid a salary and wouldn't be asked questions about one. take your strawjob somewhere else.

> (OP)
>If I get a job I recently interviewed for, they said I negotiate salary with HR.
>My thoughts are I'm going to ask for a range and I'll put myself $2000-$5000 below the maximum, assuming that figure is what I would be happy with.
>>>

I'm working at a company for 2 years coming up. what should I expect as a raise?

>dishwasher
>salary

You say:
>Whatever the lowest candidate you got sugested, I'l take 5% less.

So what is the correct answer to this question

I've had a previous employer lie about how much I made there because I left on good terms.

If they're smart, all you're doing is cucking yourself.

You say, "I'll take whatever you give me daddy!" while bending over and removing your pants.

Works every time

>Just remember there is always someone willing to the job cheaper so you get greedy and may not get a job
Unions fix this problem

>$60,000 starting out of college
>female dominated workforce and line of work
>be me a male

How much do I ask for during my interviews?

HR is made up role and all of you should be fired

im in a top 10 mba program and they tell us to always sidestep this questoin and never give them a number for it.

how u interpret this is up to u. if ur a no-skill wageslave shitbag then u probably dont have any leverage for such a power move.

Just be adamant and don't give a number first. If they think you're a good fit they'll give you an offer and be forced to give a number first. Not providing a number won't make or break a job offer.

Plz respond. I'm job hunting right now and could use the advice

you should get an annual raise of 5-10% (barring an outright promotion). if you haven't gotten a raise going on two years I would start looking for a new job

im glad i dont have to deal with this interview bullshit. if theres any incentive to work for yourself its shit like this.

>self-employed
>thinks salary negotiations are hard
Know how I know you're not gonna make it?

Same fag here any idea how much or nah?

>180K base
>mfw actually planning to say this in a couple months

half a million tells me i already have. enjoy your boss.

You LARP full time or just as a hobby?

> 22-25 years olds thinking they deserve six figures
You know why it's illegal to ask someone's age in an interview?
Because of shit companies like yours who hire old idiots who feel entitled because of their age and not their skill set. It pains you to see far more successful kiddos making 3x what you make as an HR faggot.

the fact that that's unbelievable to you tells me all i need to know.

It's not unbelieveable, dumbass. There have been millionaires and multimillionaires on Veeky Forums many times in the past.

The difference between them and you is: (a) they (at least many of them) provide proof, and (b) they (at least many of them) have demonstrable knowledge that corroborates their status.

Well for my first job I just said the industry average was around 60k for my degree and they were like well we pay 45k starting. Seemed like they just asked as a courtesy

Fast forward three years and another employer tries to pick me up, I told them my current salary including annual bonuses etc and they offered me about 15% more

Not sure what's difficult, just have an answer and don't come off as inflexible

i suppose youre the loser that goes around expecting proof from anyone that makes more money than you do. i think we all know who's not gonna make it.

>triggered

clearly enough to get frustrated about how much money some anonymous person on the internet has.

The only thing worse than a LARPer is a LARPer who whines, cries, and throws a tantrum when you call them a LARPer.

The thing that I don't get is why you faggots gather here, when /qst/ was specifically made for people like you.

if you didn't want a conversation that makes you look bad, you shouldnt have replied to me trying to be a smartass :)

fuck outta here
what's your story, dude?

>No one can be well-off on Veeky Forums without providing me """real""" scans of their trading account!!
Remind me, why do they let Indians on Veeky Forums again?

Not much of a story. I'm just your average altruistic millionaire who doesn't appreciate it when poorfags come on to Veeky Forums pretending to have wealth, skills, or expertise.

Every anonymous faggot on this board is free to give their opinion on whatever they want, and it's nobody's business. But when you LARP and make yourself an undeserved attention whore, then fuck you.

What can you say about crypto?

>What can you say about crypto?
Literally the worst investment discussed on the board. Worse than daytrading, penny stocks, forex, and TA ... and that's saying something.

> people falling for a repost, again

Then join a union you faggot if it's that big of a deal.

In that case, what kind of long-term investments do you see the best (reliability/flexibility)?

kek

Whats wrong with this? Man up and tell them. Negotiations like this are part of the whole wage gap meme between men and women. Women are more afraid to ask for a decent salary in interviews like this.

>my girlfriend is one of them

WHATRE YA BUYIN'? WHATRE YA SELLIN?

>some areas

Not the same guy.

You said it first. Some areas on your country. But there's plenty of countries.

It's bad because they will give the job to the guy who asks for the least pay

If they interview 2 equally qualified candidates a greedy fucker like you will lose the job to the pussy ass beta faggot who is willing to work for pennies