What are some Veeky Forums approved comedies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JwnjENpIyq0
youtube.com/watch?v=kBqwtHnc9ho
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Monty Python and the Holy Grail
>Tropic Thunder

The boy In the striped pajamas

i legitmately laughed uncontrollably when i saw the ending for the first time.

Life of Brian

Thats Mel Brooks one

Three Kings
The Producers (Springtime for Hitler)

i couldn't stop laughing at the mother's expression

You knew it was coming once he put on those pyjamas

Dr Strangelove

Balkanski spijun

My ex girlfriend wanted to watch some garbage hollywood movie but i refused. She told me to pick one in that case. I chose Balkanski spijun, a soviet comedy about stalinist paranoia. We broke up shortly after. Oh well.

1..2..3 is hilarious cold war movie.

Blazing Saddles
Forrest Gump
Schindler's List
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

Time Bandits
youtu.be/JwnjENpIyq0

God Tier

Night At The Museum

Comedy gold

Could have have Alec Guinness as a old warlock

The Great Dictator
The Art of the Deal
Love and Death
The Men Who Stare At Goats
Ernest Goes to War

Er Ist Wieder Da.
youtube.com/watch?v=kBqwtHnc9ho

> there are brats that call themselves marxist and donĀ“t rate Modern Times

>Soviet
>The movie is literally called BALKANski spijun

It's Yugoslav m8, and fundamentally so - it's about the Tito-Stalin split and essentially about how quickly the system turns on you - the protagonist was doing great, parroting the rhetoric about Tito and Stalin, and then suddenly they have an argument, denounce each other, and now everyone who had been notably pro-Stalin (huge number of people because the state itself was pro-Stalin up until that time) was facing labor camps, re-education, prison, etc.

With Big Joe's spies potentially around every corner, invasion seemingly looming, a country still struggling to find its identity post-WWII and communist takeover and PTSD incurred from staying in a prison camp, our plucky protagonist tries to save his country - by going after his neighbor.

It's a classic of Yugoslav cinema, and exhibits the signature traits of the region's cinematography - funny, but darkly humorous, using the veneer of irreverence to hide a deeply critical tone in regards to some aspect of society.

Is Chaplin's work worth a watch or is he just a meme?

The Great Dictator >>>>>>The Dictator

Yeah. I like his stuff. There's one where he's a caveman. That's Veeky Forums related.