/shmupg/ - Shoot 'em Up General

Too Many Bullets Edition

Previous Thread: This general is for discussing all shmups/STG (shoot 'em ups/shooting games/shooting type games).
Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s
Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

RECENT RELEASES:
>Raiden V (PS4 and Steam)
store.steampowered.com/app/570050/Raiden_V_Directors_Cut___V_Directors_Cut__V/
>Graze Counter
store.steampowered.com/app/629440/Graze_Counter/
>Sonic Wings 2/Aero Fighters 2
PS4, Xbox One, and Switch
>Castle of Shikigami (Steam)
store.steampowered.com/app/582980/Castle_of_Shikigami/
>Dangun Feveron M2 port (PS4)
Somewhere on PSN
>Touhou 16 ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons
kourindou.exblog.jp/25711799/
>Super Hydorah
store.steampowered.com/app/628800/Super_Hydorah
>Pawarumi
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812914421

UPCOMING RELEASES:
>Ketsui M2 port (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/04/m2-announces-ketsui-m2-shottriggers-release-feveron-school
>Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia
>iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/
>Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194
>Sorcer Striker/Mahou Daisakusen (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/08/sorcer-striker-m2-shottriggers-release-announced-ps4
>Garegga M2 post (XBO)
m2stg.com/en/battle-garegga/xboxone/
>Earth Defense Force 4.1 Wing Diver
gematsu.com/2017/09/earth-defense-force-4-1-wing-diver-shooter-shoot-em-announced-ps4
>Blue Revolver Black Label Announced
bluerevolvergame.com/1year/

OTHER LINKS:
/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv308542897
freshlive.tv/taito_hey/
twitch
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>
>Yes, it's easily one of the best shmups of all-time!
LMFAO! It's not even a Darius game any more. The garbage PSP graphics are the cherry on top of the shit sundae. Worst game I've ever bought.

Has anyone here played ∀kashicverse?

I'm a huge fan of galax and i was looking for more input code mechanics

t. shittaste kusoplayer

What specifically praytell qualifies something to be a Darius game?

So Ibara Kuro is doable with no slowdown just like the original, right? I enjoy it much more.

Bump

no not really because you need high rank a lot and then graze lightning bullets. Trust me if you learn how to actually score you'll hate it much more than the original, tons of inane boss graze milk and any mistake is a reset or massive blight on your score. Ibaras the opposite ie the more you learn score the better it gets.

He's Argentinian, not exactly known for their smarts that's why we had to keep the falklands in more responsible hands.

ikapooga

As far as I know cute, friendly fish who are being bullied.

Ah so I guess DBCS doesn't qualify then. Those fish are quite angry, noisome and in the process of exploding.

darius was always shit

pooshihimesama

1CC MARATHONG TODAY.

hope shmups players fails their runs

>1ccs
>interesting
lol

>posting edited pic
what a pussy cuck

>hope shmups players fails their runs
so you can relate to them better?

>playing bmups for score

>playing bmups

aqy-chan, how many times you cleared batrider during practice?

>calling cee aqy

My nigga i don't have fish memory or e-gurn when i play batrider.

>>playing bmups
I do everyday, fast becoming my fav genre. Cna't play any shmup now without being bored in 5 mins.

>Cna't play any shmup now without being bored in 5 mins
that cuz you play dadshit

Implying i didn't fall for the danmaku gimmick first, that shit got old ages ago and just looks stupid as fuck to me now (hurrr bullitz wiv hitbawx and only hitting cockpit counts lol) it's just fucking arbitrary and silly, i moved on to dadshit much later and now realize all the best ideas already occurred long ago. The only danmaku game i hold as genius and want to play endlessly is psyvariar revision.

>it's just fucking arbitrary and silly
It's just there to make the game more flashy. Nothing wrong with that.

This week instead of shmups, HEY is streaming Crazy Taxi (I think)
live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv308542897
freshlive.tv/taito_hey/

Can you recommend a few bmups for someone who has no knowledge of the genre?

>Can you recommend a few bmups for someone who has no knowledge of the genre?
Absolutely bare in mind i had no clue either just a few months ago and now have a good handful of 1ccs... undercover cops was first 1cc for me and i'd highly recommend it,s very fair and a great starting point for routing and understanding resource use (supers etc learn them!) and learning to think on the spot in the random a.i situations ie herding effectively, screen edge abuse, knowledge of whats coming and a feel for the variations of boss movement/attacks and sensible responses to each scenario etc. Play the jap version which is complete the west release was raped.

The punisher is also extremely beginner friendly and all out amazing fun, this game has very little invincibility frames on most bosses, rewards aggression and offers a ton of resources especially the grenades to the point if you get to hard bosses with 9 you can cheese them comfy style, the most useful tactic in punisher is abusing the lenient throwing so for example if 2 enemies are on your left and 5 on your right grab one on the left and through him into the pack then the same for the other and force them all into a group on the edge then just point blank beatdown everyone at once, that's what management is all about. Punisher also pulls his gun out for certain sections, you can leave one or 2 alive and run into the next spawns and the gun stays out to exploit on everyone. Denjin makai i hear is easy but i haven't played it and after that the worlds your oyster, knights of the round was my fav to clear but is a bit more involved so start with those 2/3 first and see what you like.

>Nothing wrong with that.
No not if you like it but i've lost interest in it, i think it became such a template it ironically after spawning a new idea ended up streamlining all ideas into the same thing and creativity just died.

What's the difference between ddpdojblk and ddpdojblka?

a alternate

Thanks I'll check those out. I haven't played a bmup since I was kid in the arcade, I think I mostly played turtles in time.

>creativity just died
That's why you play bmups now, because they are all so creative and different from each other? LMAO

You don't even know what you are talking about...

Just play Streets of Rage. It's objectively the best beatmup

you mean pow on nes

>he's argentinian
wasn't he murrican

Naw, the genre had its peak with SoR 2. It's what Kraut played as a kid.

>That's why you play bmups now, because they are all so creative and different from each other?

They are when you actually learn how to play them and i'm new to them so of course everything feels fresh, idiot. I'm not going to engage with you today because you proved your lack of worth when you couldn't even notice basic obvious strats in deathsmiles pro play, when you get competent at a single genre you can come talk to me about the others.

>Just play Streets of Rage. It's objectively the best beatmup
This is the standard opinion of every pleb ever who can't actually play the games well. Sor2 is a clunky slow poorly balanced game that gives out lives like candy making strategy obsoloete and button mashing thoughtless play possible on normal difficulty which is why it's loved aside from it's nostalgia and soundtrack. Notice how no one who can 1cc arcade bmups ever praises sor2 and that's because it's not even close to any of them, think how your opinion of best shmups changed from when you were new to the genre and knew nothing and how you now have knowledge of way more depth in the games it's the same with bmups.

>Notice how no one who can 1cc arcade bmups ever praises sor2
Sure, because it's a hipster genre.

>think how your opinion of best shmups changed
It didn't change though?

SoR2 on mania is pretty hard, I still don't like the game much compared to arcade beat 'em ups though, just can't get used to its gameplay style

>It didn't change though?
because neither did your skill level.

>SoR2 on mania is pretty hard
yep especially dealing with the atrocious sprite flicker, the main issue is they got around designing a game well by just throwing a ton a of fucking lives at it and it really shows imo. It's to slow and to long, sor3 has better mechanics by far but again look at the approach to the overly easy bk3? just twat 6x health on every enemy, no thoughtful tweaking or balancing at all and ever with the dashing, plane movement etctc they still managed to make a bunch of stages yawny obnoxious slogs.

twitch tv/1ccmarathon

1cc collecting

whens bananacuck

shameful

So how does scoring in Mushihimesama original work now?
I see people saying it is very simple and straight forward, mostly just about not dying and killing everything, but when I see superplayers, they also point-blank the shit out of everything, even though they don't actually have to?

is kind of similar to ccwi boost

You deal more damage with power shot if you point blank. It helps kill enemies faster and you can milk the shit out of the trees in stage 2.

I only played for survival before but I'm going to try to score now as well. I still don't have routes for stage 2. The other thing in that stage is keeping the boss' legs alive.

Another thing to keep in mind is to pace your damage to the boss so that each phase ends when there are a lot bullets on the screen. That way you get dope cancels. I bet you can optimize cancels a lot in stage 4 & 5. There's also supposed to be a strat for stage 3 that involves leaving popcorn alive in that part towards the beginning where you first fly over the giant bug and shit starts streaming in from both sides. I've never seen anyone do it because is supposed to be wicked hard. I guess I'll try to figure that out myself.

just nmnb, it's give you 80% score

>You deal more damage with power shot if you point blank
But you do not even have to deal more damage. You also easily can kill everything by killing it from a distance, yet superplayers play risky as fuck and point-blank constantly, as if they try to speed kill everything. They also use bombs on mid-bosses to kill them faster.

The scoring in this game is just weird as fuck. I actually really like this game, but Cave couldn't really make it any more unaccessable to score in this game.

>but Cave couldn't really make it any more unaccessable to score in this game.
it's the simplest peabrain fucking scoring cave ever made
beat the game without dying and get 95% WR

Again, then why do superplayers point-blank everything? Why do they use bombs on mid-bosses and try to speed kill them?

I know that most of the score comes from not dying, but that's not what I am talking about, dumbass.

more gems

Everyone says the point value and gem count for killing enemies is fixed in original though.

>Again, then why do superplayers point-blank everything?
to kill it faster
>Why do they use bombs on mid-bosses and try to speed kill them?
to kill them without risking a death from a harder pattern

jesus

>to kill it faster
For what purpose? There is no need to kill it faster.

>to kill them without risking a death from a harder pattern
They do this at easy as fuck mid-bosses though. You are just making assumptions and have no idea what you are talking about.

>bawww gimme strats right now!
seems you did not play the game for more than 5 hours
just play more and learn shit by yourself
how game can be fun if you learn shit from guides and replays fuck

or killing enemies faster will spawn extra enemies which obviously gives more points

>just play more and learn shit by yourself

but prometheus said you should copying replays just from start

It's not my fault that cave is too dumb to make reasonable and accessable scoring systems.
When I play a game, then I also would like to know what I am even supposed to do in it, before playing it.

True. Look at dfk high score runs, shit weird as fuck and absolutely non intuitive

Cave expects their players to have a triple digit IQ
For everyone else, there's dadshit

>one trick promey

But dadshit is even worse, when you have to find out hundreds of secrets in Raiden Fighters games for example.

Interesting, I need to check out more replays. I don't know what the bombing is about. Honestly there could be some shit going on that nobody in the west even knows about. Like nobody knew the game had rank until the port came out.

Raiden Fighters isn't true dadshit, only the main series is

>missed g darius
>all other games today are trash
so much for the 1cc marathon

I wonder if Bananafaget will give commentary during his stream. Or will he be too much afraid to lose his spaghetti on mic?

if you bomb and kill the midboss early, you get more enemies spawned
also mushi barely has rank, I can't tell the difference between miss and no miss rank at all

>whens bananacuck
last day i think, he should of been giving the penultimate last spot imo because of the potential of it and level but the last spot is aquas with armed police gurnrider.

if you kill a midboss quicker more enemies spawn in its place.

mate behave he's going for a live 2-all ddp run, it'll be hard enough as is without chatting shit and explaining to noobs in game, christ you must be a low level noobian.

Banana pls nobody wants to see you here

tfw you go from 378mil to this at the next day

good work jew

>playing at arcade
more like goy

didnt you see that free play text lmao it applies to all games there

most of shmupg can't read.

Bump

I do not care for hamsters girls.

oh shit its cream

yes you are.

I want to hug hamster girls!

>oh shit its cream
didn't take you long to bring nauseating dumb drama talk to the chat cream. you gay men are a funny bunch.

Hey dum guy question, I finally copped PC deathsmiles for 8 bux, it's great and I'm having a blast but the fullscreen seems off? Like I get the black bars on top and bottom and the game screen itself looks a little wide. Tell me if I'm crazy, or maybe it's my monitor's fault? I'm just trying to play at correct aspect ratio and scale it up as much as possible.

monitor ratio? the arcade is 4:3, you can change it in options.

Yeah you're right this looks better, thanks senpai

if you have a retard moden mega widescreen thing i recommend picking up a cheap 2nd monitor for like 10 bucks second hand thats 4:3 for tate or vert.

That makes sense.

lol wut.
How in the fuck is it not a Darius game anymore? I'd love ot hear that.
Darius has been all about innovation from the start. In that sense, no Darius plays the exact same way, especially not since Gaiden.

You can besides at any time play with the classic ships if the new mechanics aren't "pure" enough for you. It would be a bit sad and retarded, but that's your problem.

>The garbage PSP graphics are the cherry on top of the shit sundae.
>muh graphics
Yeah it doesn't look incredible like the other Darius games obviously but it looks pretty nice and slick for the most part, like an upscaled PS2 game. Do you think Border Down or Gradius V look like shit too? They don't.
You're probably not gonna get much better unless you're willing to play fucking Sine Mora or something.

why are creams friends always complete retards lmfao.

why is twitch not working for me anymore?

whats wrong? i use livestreamer not the website.

i had a weird error where i couldnt load any stream anymore
now i logged out and it works again

the sites a fucking travesty desu.

>no Arkanoid or Bubble Bobble in the 1CC marathon

;_;