Why is Austerlitz considered Napoleons greatest victory? What's so special about it?

Why is Austerlitz considered Napoleons greatest victory? What's so special about it?

many years of retarded concepts of what a special victory is i suppose

Didn't Nappy himself consider it his greatest victory though?

Bait and switch off the Hill

So it was luck right? If the fog had cleared too early or too late Napoopan would of lost.

I'd wager that it's been heralded as his great victory as it illustrates both his talents as a strategist (him luring his enemies into a terrain in which they'd be fooled that they had the advantage) and later as a tactician (how he tricked the left flank into descending from the high ground, and could therefore swarm in to cripple the enemy center).

To be fair, he'd inspected the terrain on which he intended for the battle to be fought on a length of several days, so maybe that had been how he learned when the fog was liable to clear or not.

It destroyed the
>
>
>
After a millenium of existance

Not just Napoleon's, it's considered the greatest military feat in Western history.

BUT WHY

>H...He just got lucky you guys!
Wow, the Austrian butthurt is still raging.

Autrians were retarded but the fog was a crucial part of his plan. If the fog lifted too early the hidden troops would of been revealed and the Pratzen heights would of been reinforced. If the fog lifted too late than it would of been hard to tell if they had captured the heights and to go ahead and start splitting the Autro-Russian force down the middle

You could say the same with Hannibal's victory at Trebia: it all relied on whether or not his cavalry could overcome that of the Romans. 100% of his plan relied on that and if his cavalry had failed, his entire army would've been fucked.

I like the words another user once told me: a good general doesn't eliminate odds, he manipulates the odds so they're in his favor. There's always an inherrent risk you must be willing to take. Napoleon made an educated wager and it worked out. That's more than purely luck, but luck played a role.

Hence why Napoleon himself said he wanted lucky generals as his subordinates.

He was vastly outnumbered yet btfo the coalition armies.

That's impressive but not 'greatest feat in western military history' impressive

It's not even his most impressive victory
Pic related is

>strategically inconclusive
it's fucking nothing

because Napoleon was in an overwhelmingly inferior position and was able to overcome it handily through a mixture of genius tactical coordination, competant subordinates and luck?

Imagine fighting against 11 guys and what you have to pull off to make the outcome strategically inconclusive

'strategically inconclusive' in this case means I keep them from gang raping me for a couple extra seconds

true dat

What are some good books detailing French Revolutionary Wars and Napoleonic Wars?
My knowledge of the period is pretty much non-existant