Is there a more boring conflict than American Civil War?

Is there a more boring conflict than American Civil War?
Literally no one outside murrica cares about it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uZmxZThb084
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sush, let them have their thing.

I care

Watch the first episode of Ken Burns doc and you will completely change your mind.

>first modern war
>basically set out the blueprint for World War I

If Eurocucks had cared about it they might not have spent 4 years killing each other, trying to cross the same road over and over.

But we do u stupid anglo

The US civil war is an extremely interesting time it was a clash of times almost more than WW1. They were still marching in blocks at each other for a while here.

>first modern war

I guess the Crimean War, the Second War of Italian Independence, the Austro-Prussian War, and Franco-Prussian War never happened?

Probably the most interesting thing to happen in the western hemisphere.

No those were all meme wars on tiny levels or complete blowouts.

All except the Second War of Italian Independence involved more soldiers than the American Civil War

not that i can remember...
but i have to admit they had to try their best to make class struggling, slave dealing and a colonial uprising such a boring subject for everyone else but in the end somehow they managed to do it successfully.

but that's pretty much how most of the american "history" goes - boring shit that no one cares about embelished to death in all sorts of propaganda

>implying the Civil War set the blueprint for WW I when Murrikans were getting slaughtered pointlessly once they finally joined because they refused to listen to their experienced allies

The only one that comes to mind its the anglo-zanzibar war that lasted 38 minutes

>first modern war
>involved napolionic tactics

Dont forget the Balkan wars and the ruso-japanese wars

This, and get ready to hear 100 different renditions of this song:
youtube.com/watch?v=uZmxZThb084

>first modern war
lyl
Negro what?
How was it a blueprint for World War I?
THEY USED TRENCHES IN PETERSBURG?
OH FUCKING WOW
BESIEGING A FORTIFIED LOCATION IN THE AGE OF MASS FIREARMS AND ARTILLERY USAGE WITH TRENCHES.
NEVUH BEEN DON BEFO.

Yeah fuck your noise, OP. Trenches were SOP back in the day for a long time. When you wanted to fortify a location, you dug them. When you wanted to assault one, you also dug them.

That is what happened in the civil war.

Meanwhile in WWI, you had modern armies stalemating the fuck versus each other for various reasons and ergo had to hold their positions as they scrambled what the fuck to do. It wasn't "weird" or "stupid" but it was what then slow moving infantry heavy armies used to do.

Besides the mobile war resumed in 1916 anyway, you memeing fuck. And there were no trench lines in the Eastern Front/Mediterranean/African campaigns

What

>2,200,000:[2]

Union Army
Union Marines
Union Navy
Revenue Service

>750,000–1,000,000[2][5]

Confederate Army
Confederate Marines
Confederate Navy
360,000 (peak)[3][6]

>French:
170,000 infantry
2,000 cavalry
312 guns
Sardinian:
70,000 infantry
4,000 cavalry
90 guns
Austrian:
220,000 infantry
22,000 cavalry
824 guns

We broke the front lines with American grit and balls while you guys sat in trenches because you didn't have the sack to break the lines for 4 years.

>american reading comprehensions

>>first modern war
>>basically set out the blueprint for World War I
no

french and british set piece attacks broke the front lines