Trying to read Thus Spoke Zarathustra

>Trying to read Thus Spoke Zarathustra
My mind is full of so much fuck.

Is there a good guide for this?

Read it again until you understand it.

Read Ralph Waldo Emerson first, especially if you're an American.

Yes, it's called read all of Nietzsche's other books first...two or three times each.

R. Safransky on biography of nietzsches thought

Give up religion and guilt based morality and embrace your natural worldly desire for power by working towards something as far beyond man as man is beyond ape. It's not that complicated.

Honestly, if you don't have a feel for it - it's not for you.
It even says for everyone and no one, it is meant literally.

Anyway if you still want to know what the fuck you just read, do I can't recommend other authors or guides, since it probably is the most missunderstood book in human history.

No, if you don't get it why read it? You're just forcing yourself to try to understand something in order to be a pretentious twat nugget

Hello youtube

?

If you can and understand philosophical texts in a single effortless go you're probably a brainlet that shouldn't read philosophy directly. You're better off reading secondary sources that write about and explain them instead of reading it directly instead.

Sorry bro.

What dude ?? speak English

I kind of get it. It's just that his prose is extremely dense and often quite cryptic.

It's almost like a religious text full of parables and metaphors, except even more subtle and mysterious.

I started to raed it but had to take a break, my father says that he had to read it 3-5 times before he "got" it or understood something significant.

Always keep in mind the possibility that everyone who likes it is actually a pretentious faggot who's just spaghettiing everywhere.

What does your father work?

Humiliation is part of the road to greatness.

You can't be an ubermensch without having some spaghetti in your pockets.

Would Nietzsche like Dark Souls?

>inb4 Nietzsche would hate all vidya

Also would Nietzsche link the flame or become the dark lord?

Since I am reading Nietzsche now for more than 5 years, I can assure you to have one of the most competent opinions about this. (And sorry for the grammar, I am austrian)

Okey so first of all, Nietzsche was not only despising media (mostly books) when their only purpose was entertainment, but he also would not like the Dark Souls franchise since it is a degeneration or rather deformation of talent, that could have been rather used for proper art froms. (which only purpose would be to fulfill itself without the need of an audience)

This goes with every media that has mainly the entertainment of the masses in mind.

For the ending I can't say much since I never owned a Dark Souls game but I played Bloodborne and I can tell that if he had to choose an ending there, he would use the secret ending of becomming this god worm thing.

Hope I could help out abit.

>when their only purpose was entertainment
How far does he extend this exactly? At what point does say music for instance become worthwhile and not plebeian. I assume it has something to do with this

>(which only purpose would be to fulfill itself without the need of an audience)

And this might sound like a dumb question but doesn't all art implicitly need an audience?

If you are experienced with high art forms like operas or theater, etc. you kinda get a feel for it, when the artist has something in mind, him wanting to change the world in some way. It to be worthwhile, it would need to adress such high and pure values that the sheer need itslef - to be immortalized in sound and picture - almost unnecessarily completely proofs its "worth" to the viewer.

Art of course has always an audience somewhere somehow, but Nietzsche described real art as a thing that is completed in itself and does not require anyone to see/hear it to be perfect, since this real art does only draw/sing to and for himself.

youtube comment quality post desu

He would usurp the fire. That's what Thus Sparke Zarathustra is about. It's just about usurping fire.