Is the point of Veeky Forums to allow autists that don't actually know that much to argue with each other over petty...

Is the point of Veeky Forums to allow autists that don't actually know that much to argue with each other over petty bullshit in order to feed their pwn egos?

own*

it's meant for fun, the different boards just direct the topic of said fun

This. Veeky Forums started being awful when the activism, ideology and taking things seriously and not only for the lulz started happening. Veeky Forums became personal army personified.

Honestly Veeky Forums has made me a lot more cultured and educated. It's exposed me to a lot of things I never would have otherwise heard about.

Don't get me wrong, this place is a shithole. But ever now and then you stumble on something new that you go on to properly probe and that experience definitely accumulates over the years.

This. Despite all the racist far right wing bullshit, it gives you a perspective as to why people think the way they think

OP here You guys are right and I definitely enjoy this site over pretty much any other forum/community. There are just some trends in behavior/arguments that get really tiring after awhile. I guess my post is more pointed at a specific poster archetype that I have seen. I am not really talking about trolls either more the people who genuinely approach every conversation with hostility and feeling like every thread is an argument they need to win. I am probably just being a huge cuck though

Generally those people are just doing it to fool around. I always take opinions that are contrary to mine because it's fun to be devil's advocate.

Yes.

No

For the most part, yes. You can't expect most people to be informed.

Yes, it's all part of a massive conspiracy to keep the masses in line. By creating Veeky Forums, the kike commie Illuminati has been able to prevent free-thinkers and other threats to their regime from attempting to take action IRL by making them waste their time arguing about minutia online. WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

I don't do this all the time, but I do, do it quite regularly.

My day isn't complete until I get a good 10 minutes of snorting anger over whatever I feel like starting shit about today.

Just out of curiosity, what have you learned?

I think Veeky Forums improved my english a lot. When i started coming here i could barely write in english.

that would be reddit, facebook, tumblr etcetera... people on Veeky Forums post anonymously because we want to discuss things without virtue signalling and ad hominem attacks, you are allowed to throw controversial ideas out there without being banned or someone digging it up later to use against you, the drawback is trolling, you have to remain open minded while avoiding obvious trolls

another drawback are places like /pol/ which are so overwhelmingly populated by one group that it might as well be a circlejerk

>english
>i

That's mostly /pol/ IMHO. There's one stormfag in a thread who thought that shit was better under appartheid, despite there being evidence that there have been steady improvements over the years.

That's just laziness though.

I'm pretty sure /pol/ does that too, demanding days of the rope, and muh white genocide and "I shall kill all the leftists" etc

It's what happens, but it is not the point.

The point is actual free speech.

Veeky Forums is by far the most entertaining website on the Internet. reddit is like going to a university professional engineering club with a bunch of nerds who try to impress each other. it's just not that interesting. Veeky Forums is like if you got a bunch of pissed off people in one room and didn't allow them to leave.

>Veeky Forums is like if you got a bunch of pissed off people in one room and didn't allow them to leave.
So like hell. Agreed.

>people on Veeky Forums post anonymously because we want to discuss things without ... ad hominem attacks
Spot the newfag. Veeky Forums used to be a fuckinf free for all gauntlet where your stupid controversial and conventional ideas would be torn to shreds.

Your post seems to reinforce what he said, user.

I've learned little from Veeky Forums itself. More so I encounter something on Veeky Forums that I'm unfamiliar with and learn about it independently. That's basically been the pattern since I was like 12 so further back into my memory the lines are quite blurred between Veeky Forums education and real education. But many of the books I own I heard about on Veeky Forums and wouldn't have encountered in formal education (or at least would have encountered them much later). Like Hegel, Clausewitz, Stirner or even just random obscure modern works that were only published online. /int/ shitfling contests also draw attention to parts of history that don't really get much attention in the real world like Poland-Lithuania or the Byzantines. I also think Veeky Forums cultivates a kind of hedge rhetoric from constantly getting into and reading arguments, that might be giving too much credit though.

I also have to admit that virtually the entirety of the music I listen to I learned about from Veeky Forums, or at least discovered in connection with something I heard about on Veeky Forums.

>I also have to admit that virtually the entirety of the music I listen to I learned about from Veeky Forums, or at least discovered in connection with something I heard about on Veeky Forums.
You had me until there. You poor creature.

>999

No, it's to allow autists who know what they're talking about to argue over petty bullshit. I wish Veeky Forums was better informed.

*who think they know what they're talking about

FTFY

>Veeky Forums started being awful
Say it with me: "/b/ was never good"

It's Veeky Forums 'culture' this is how it's done and how it's accepted to argue. You can approach every argument with the utmost confidence no matter how retarded your post might eventually become. You don't have to double check what you wrote because if it's shit or if someone completely destroys you, you can simply abandon it and pretend you've never posted it in the first place.

His post has some merit but Veeky Forums is like 95% ad hominem.

It along with the rest of Veeky Forums is worse now though

there's no ego in Veeky Forums since its anonymous, reddit fit that better
Veeky Forums is useful for discussing taboos stuff, or things that get you incarcerated if you talk it in public

Yes.
t. autist who doesn't actually know that much, but argues with others over petty bullshit in order to feed his own ego

Except gg and alright have infected Veeky Forums with idpol

>You poor creature.
Don't pity me, Veeky Forums has good taste.

Veeky Forums has cancer and can't be helped.

Yes, but something about weeaboos as well.

>Veeky Forums will never again be known as a radical left-wing hacktivist group aka Internet Hate Machine

>now it's a pseudo religious cult based around ancient Egyptian mythology and societal in-jokes