/tf2g/ Team Fortress 2 General

Last Thread:
/tf2g/ mixes happening today at 5:30PM EST, 8:30PM PST. Check the discord for more information.

>Comp Interest Form
Please take a look at this if you are interested in playing on a competitive team

docs.google.com/forms/d/1echsLr9cfqxy5vZ63yWX7TjSLlXfwUY8PcK7HdUN9Ss/viewform?edit_requested=true

>Jungle Inferno Update
teamfortress.com/jungleinferno/

>list of good comm. servers
teamfortress.tv/servers

>Tips and guides
Blog: tf2.com
Wiki: wiki.tf
Class guides: pastebin.com/u/TheOperator
FAQ: pastebin.com/6t7WNtgn
Mods: pastebin.com/bzzUK5tz
Steam status: steamstat.us steamgaug.es
Preview Loadout: whatsnext.loadout.tf | steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/158547475
HUDs: huds.tf
Game Traffic: steamcharts.com/app/440#1y

>Sites
scrap.tf | tf2outpost.com | backpack.tf | bazaar.tf
BP check: backpack.tf
Prices: backpack.tf | trade.tf
Scrapbanking: scrap.tf | scrapbank.me
Skins: p337.info/tfview/

>Competitive
Basics: playcomp.tf
Comp Wiki: comp.tf
Lobbies: tf2center.com/lobbies
Scripting: pastebin.com/1VmngMfJ
pastebin.com/H3WfKLaB
TF2 streams: teamfortress.tv
UGC (Global): ugcleague.com
ESEA (NA/EU): play.esea.net
ETF2L (EU): etf2l.org
AusFortress (AUS): ozfortress.com
AsiaFortress (AS): asiafortress.com
FBTF (Brazil): teamfortress.com.br/forum/

>IRC
irc://irc.rizon.net/tf2g

>Discord
discord.gg/UqDzRby

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/4G_b4nny/status/930160906293538817
teamfortress.tv/stream/teamfortresstv
docs.google.com/forms/d/1echsLr9cfqxy5vZ63yWX7TjSLlXfwUY8PcK7HdUN9Ss/edit
youtube.com/watch?v=ufQ5AhmNZjg
youtube.com/watch?v=SitFouMlx7c
youtube.com/watch?v=lLzjWWRUuds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

oh :x

Guys? I think b4nny lost it.

twitter.com/4G_b4nny/status/930160906293538817

b4nny is good

Map 3 of the Upper Bracket final is live here: teamfortress.tv/stream/teamfortresstv
LEGO vs. Lowpander on Prolands.

is that lowpander's normal medic?

>prolands
imagine being so bad at the game you need to remake a whole map to remove anything you don't like

He played for them last season, but their regular medic now is Marten.

where is Marten then? This is a playoffs match for gods sake

scout is noob class he runs too fast
soldier is noob class shoot feet get kills
pyro is noob class wm1 get kills
demo is noob class m1m2m1m2
heavy is noob class click and hold for bullets
engineer is noob class hit sentry for kills
medic is noob class don't even kill anyone
sniper is noob class click on heads get kills
spy is noob class no explanation necessary

>pyro "skill" defense force out this evening

Probably busy. People have lives. Why bother when TF2 has no prize pool? There's so many things that are more important than playing competitive TF2.

Also shilling this thing again, if you're interested in playing competitive and don't have a team yet and are interested in playing with your fellow memelords sign up here: docs.google.com/forms/d/1echsLr9cfqxy5vZ63yWX7TjSLlXfwUY8PcK7HdUN9Ss/edit

anyone on that team is definitely not good or a real memelord

Also, you just blindly copied everything in the OP, the next /tf2g/ mix is on Saturday, I believe.

What is going on with the HL team? Nothing has happened since last week? maybe longer?

I have no idea. There's a UGC page with only half the team signed up on it and I've no idea when scrims are happening or anything. Also they still have Viva on medic.

RIP Muuki holy shit

They bombed out in their first game because they put the comp MvM mexican bag boy on Medic. I think half the team left after that.

>thinking that a team made up of shitposters who only trade, pubstomp, and call themselves "memelords" would go anywhere
the only people who didnt expect this are probably on the team at this very moment

what the fuck just happened to lowpander

What the fuck, that was the first point for the entire round. I swear this happens every single time a team plays Badlands or Granary.

No uubers carry.

Strange, I heard uubers was rostered to another team after he "quit tf2"

I have no clue what he's about, he just quit out of the blue.

>retards not realizing the dream ends once you realize it's a dream
Cut them some slack, Dave. Everyone's gotta learn sometime.

lowpander needs to stop memeing and to a standard attack here. they only have 3 minutes.

Lowpander doesn't know how to stop memeing.

It's a lowpander miracle!

thoughts on the soda popper

Nevermind. Wow, LEGO won.

>hellboy hat is halloween restricted

Yeah, didn't see that coming, but Lowpander without Uubers just seems like a mid tier prem team instead of a top tier one.

>banana meme is still not restricted out of the game

Papi is doing work for them.

6s team is going to enjoy the sandbaggers in the lower divs

As someone with 2,000+ hours, I can comfortably say that there is some sort of active cult following the TF2 forums and numerous other TF2 related places. Literally all it takes is a few well thought out complaints to get all the pyro mains to start flocking in like zombies. They had an active propaganda to make people think the class was "garbage" and "useless" which lead to an update to make him even more OP, gimmicky, and unbalanced. And guess what? These people who have claimed that Pyro was a "useless" class? They're Pyro mains, or at least, their top 3 most played classes usually include Pyro. Imagine my fucking shock. It's laughable, really. Imagine "maining" a class only to turn around and unironically say it's broken. It's like dominating an entire server as Soldier and then proceeding to complain how underpowered he is. Except with Pyro, there's an entire cult that's been brainwashed into believing it and taking it to their grave. One common trope I see among this shallow-minded "cult" is that they're usually weaboos, furries. These communities are known for sticking together like cement. Considering the TF dev team dedicated an entire update to this shitty unbalanced class just to make it even more shitty and unbalanced, it pretty much proves that the future of TF2 is shit.

I really wish we had Iron back. Our team should be in Iron, and having only 3 divs now throws everything out of whack.

both the 6s and HL teams would benefit greatly from an iron league.

There just aren't enough people signing up new teams to bring back Iron and Gold, I guess.

>frogposter
>copypaste from reddit

>Dark Helm is halloween restricted
>Dark Falkirk Helm isn't

Yeah, but the powergaps in steel just destroy new players. There's no real "in" to comp at this point except maybe newbie mixes. But that's only once a week, if you get picked in the few games the run, not really enough to get exp from.

youtube.com/watch?v=ufQ5AhmNZjg

The really scraping the bottom of the comp barrel right now is lobbies and lobbies are absolute aids.

this is epic and really makes me hate critical hits

People aren't signing up for competitive lobbies or leagues because it's fucking boring. No one wants to play 6's and cut out over half the characters in the game or 90% of unlocks.

"People" aren't signing up because they're faggot offclass mains. They're also just not good enough.

Wow Dane did something actually entertaining.

youtube.com/watch?v=SitFouMlx7c

>people just arent good enough to play shoots-at-feet man or his girlfriend

no I mean they're not good enough to play the most skill-indexed classes in the game, demoman and scout.

>tfw no good enough to have a soldier bf to pocket

>2008
>"Demoman takes skill" is a running joke
>2017
>"Demoman takes skill" is a sincere mantra by competitive players

well they nerfed or removed everything unskillful about demoman since then so yeah

>thinking demo doesn't take skill in the current year
always funny to listen to the pubstars of this general.

>listen up kiddo, you better back the fuck up with that smart mouth of yours
>you know that game team fortress 2? yeah, I play that shit on a COMPETITIVE level
>that means out of the fifty thousand or so people still playing it, I'm among the four who actually consider playing in a league
>unlocks? get the fuck out of here you no skill scrub, you use stock or you go home
>classes? if it isnt soldier, scout, medic or demoman it doesnt even register to me
>this shit is so hardcore even the core development team doesn't know a thing about it other than implementing workshop medals (of which I own dozens)
>so get out of my fucking face with all this talk of casual mode or fun, you couldnt even compete with me if I took away your unlocks and most of the classes
>nothing personal, faggot

Who were you quoting there?

i never thought /v/tards could ever get dumber

>no argument

you didn't make an argument

>pyro update
>makes the axtinguisher even worse as afterburn doesn't last as long and the flame thrower now does even more damage

i play 6s roast me /b

nursey is weird and creepy

nursey is mentally ill so yes probably would be weird and creepy. what is so creepy and weird at the moment?

t. enraged tin league veteran

what does /tf2g/ think of my most played classes' loadouts?

Shahanshah > Bushwacka

>playing 6's
>not playing the frag paradise that is 12 v 12

No, not really. I would enjoy a conversation on this if you'd like. Although you'll have to clarify your argument from your green texting. Are you saying 6s classes are OP? Have you seen the great plays made on sniper, spy, or heavy by 6s players? I'm sure we've seen great plays on all those off classes this season on stream. Mad about sidegrades? They are used quite often.

>Unironically replying to such blatant bait

>finally, I have completed my contract for defending the hightower cart
>establishing connection to TF game coordinator
Please Valve. Don't make me do this again, no one ever pushes that thing.

>Have you seen the great plays made on sniper, spy, or heavy by 6s players?

Literally 1 in a hundred games

It's down. The entire thing is dead.

@195544626
i just dont enjoy looking at him in general

>prioritizing defenses over offenses in contracts
and it used to be worse the first week
lol valve

Then why do you keep watching him

he is a good medic

Daily reminder that Jill only plays 24/7 Gold Rush/Dustbowl

>contracts where you have to let the enemy get to the objective

d:a ratio is 20:3 hahahahahahahahahahaha
what were these retards thinking

>you're only "defending" if they are touching the point and you are too
this shit is so retarded

Do playing med makes you gay or homos are more prone to play med ?

>kill everyone
>they don't even reach the cart
>the ones that do I can't kill before my 5 pyros and heavies do

It makes you important without having to have talent. It gives trannies like nursey the attention which they crave.

youtube.com/watch?v=lLzjWWRUuds

you're choosing your own adventureā„¢, user

It appeals to their submissive, nurturing femininity.

which is also the reason why all mercy mains have a feminine voice

post pyros
bonus if someone posts that one pyro from the do the evolution vid

>all
lmao

8/10 males that play mercy are gross asians that sound and look disgusting

ppl roasting each other on vidya is funny cause theyll be calling each other the goofiest shit like beta male snowflake bottomfragger tranny cucks lmaooooooo

Thoughts?

>lmaooooooo

don't you have community service to be at

rubbish

dat is rubbish mate! rubbish!

kys

rubbish

why the FUCK doesn't bp.tf have a price for strange decorated weapons.

this isnt reddit, no need to

this

:)

answer the question wigger