youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA
youtube.com/watch?v=IvLc8kXrz1g
youtube.com/watch?v=09Ty1p9tQEQ

>Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation announced for smartphones:
gematsu.com/2017/09/dx2-shin-megami-tensei-liberation-teaser-trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=AAiRowFQLY0

>Chaos concert
youtube.com/watch?v=gDfjry8-t24

>Shin Megami Tensei: Synchronicity Prologue side-scroller for PC released as free download
gematsu.com/2017/10/shin-megami-tensei-synchronicity-prologue-side-scroller-pc-released-free-download
>English translation
dropbox.com/s/xq0ear1r0cvq40h/Synchronicity Prologue English V1.zip?dl=0

>Strange Journey Redux Files including cutscenes, portraits, sprites and soundtrack:
mega.nz/#F!l0lwXbrD!k4nTlSzKp86s8qrwt1Wf1A

>Shin Megami Tensei IV/IVA portraits, sprites and textures:
mega.nz/#F!UltjlITb!PnGEcWYkxv_n8u0vJQvhFg

>Memorial Arrange Tracks album, fully named and tagged:
mega.nz/#!Qt0V2aYY!AGD6ECNHOkNcGNSKjEhoT0KLvYEWhW2F_0508GNB36o

>Starter guide
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
pastebin.com/vp24zrH7

>Fangames, artbooks, soundtracks, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/znkHg0kZ

>OST links
pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU

>Misc translations
pastebin.com/XE7fjVPy

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bvyCAFV9MbM
pastebin.com/khpwNFbG
romhacking.net/translations/2616/
agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=smt2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Where my MT2 bros at?

I guess I'll post my OP with the added goodies next thread since this one doesn't have that stuff.

>Reveal Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=bvyCAFV9MbM
Fuck.

Bored, going to dump some IV/IV:A art.
Right here, actually one of my favorite SMT games. I wish it would be referenced by Atlus but I guess there might be complications because of Namco.

Can a SMT horror game work?

>retard inbred /v/ermin goes too fast just so he can have HIS thread and doesn't let the user include all the fucking scripts and so on
PLEASE GET CANCER AND FUCKING DIE

can we get a correct thread for once, man?

Tell me what they are and I can add them. Sorry user if I missed them last thread, post them now and I'll update it next thread.

Trying to figure out how SMT4A stores its demons in files in hopes of re-enabling the cut SMT4 demons and perhaps even adding new ones, and there's actually data in here for demons that aren't even in the game such as Morrigan or Macha, neat stuff.

Here my good man.

MTII isn't an SMT game.

>youtube.com/watch?v=bvyCAFV9MbM

Ok.
To be fair it was just the one but yeah, sorry

Here you go:
pastebin.com/khpwNFbG
It's probably better if you have it so you can add anything that comes up in this one.

Thanks, genuinely sorry user. Will definitely add these scripts next time. Shame none of the actual game files seem to exist online, not that anyone would bother translating a obscure as fuck phone game but still.

How much experience do you have with this sort of thing?

Reminder: Mastema is /ourguy/.

In terms of programming? More or less 0, but I can make at least some sense of hex data.

>Marking on Nanashi's arm resembles a clover
>Markings on Demi-Fiend's arms resemble some other type of flower
What does it mean?

it's a Veeky Forums reference

nothing beats that game's battle theme

or a seed
I think the artist might have fucked up on that one

both died and blossomed and they blossomed and died

b
l
o
o
m

Wrong
Round 2 stream when?

What do you mean?

I'm here to report it just like last time, don't try it.

that is fate

>started as lawfag
>now consistently a chaosfag
What the fuck thor.

... He's fast...

Die, bastard

Dark-Law user pls go

And that's the last of them, have this lone demi to end my small dump.

After you.

Yeah, I find it funny that Thor is Light-Law in SMT1, but Light-Neutral in SMT2 and SMTif. And he's even Light-Chaos in Strange Journey. I wonder why they did that?

>Light-Law in SMT1
>Light-Neutral in SMT2 and If...
>Light-Chaos in later games

He actually did get our stream nuked last time

For what purpose? Stream time is quality /smtg/.

He's an edgelord faggot.

Because it's not legal and streams aren't allowed as per Veeky Forums rules.

>master1200
Jesus Christ user save your images properly.

>Because it's not legal and streams aren't allowed as per Veeky Forums rules.

>Because it's not legal

*kills ur mobs*

This is the worst Lawfaggatory I've ever seen.

>He actually did
A stream mod beat him to it, you are giving him too much credit.
In fact even acknowledging him is just giving him an autism boner which will further fuel his wish to keep at it, so if you guys are wise, I advice you to stop doing it.

What would you do

user, who the fuck do you think reported the stream to begin with thus getting mod attention and by proxy nuking it, youre an idiot

You may call me an idiot, but I see that you are not wise.

jack off

>lawfags

Alright. Persona 5 being good this is gonna piss you all off isn't it? Probably a good retard detector inspired me to go back and start persona 2. Persona 2 is great so far, and reminds me I need to get into the rest of SMT.

So far have collected
>SMT 3 (featuring Dante from the devil may cry series, PS2)
>Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner 1&2, PS2
>SMT 3.5(??, Strange Journey, DS)
>Devil Survivor 1, 2 DS
>SMT 4 3DS
>SMT 4 Apoc, 3DS
>Bought a switch for SMT 5

Only questions:
1. How the fuck do I go about playing SMT1&2 in english? What's the generally accepted way to play them? I heard there's GBA editions, I'd love to play them on my flashcart if possible. And please don't say "skip them", not an option.
2. Where should I start? I've been told Nocturne is newfaggot friendly. Is that so?

1. Translated SNES games, they're in the OP, and if you don't find them, they're really easy to find online, just look up the "Orden" patches.

2. It used to, though it still is an SMT classic and a must play. But in my opinion SMT IV is more newfag friendly, even if the intro is tough.

order patch for smt1 romhacking.net/translations/2616/

gideon patch for smt2 agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=smt2

both are playable in flashcards in ds/3ds, smt1 can also be played in iphones whose fw isnt the lastest

forgot to add this: depending on your experience with other rpgs if you come from fire emblem then the devil survivor games are good entrypoints, if not then nocturne and iv are alright even though both have a kind of strong start

I feel that P5 is not as hated around here as P3-P4. Adding non random dungeons and "demon negations" helped alot me thinks.

We don't completely hate persona, /pg/ is just 95% waifufagging for P3-5 so it is kind of annoying. You can discuss Persona here as long as it actually relates to the games and not just "I'M GOING TO MARRY ___".

Hmm. I really wish I could play them on GBA but I guess I'll play them on my SNES flashcrt. My CRT could use some use.

And I didn't know Devil survivor(s) was like fire emblem, that's my nbackground, so good to know. I guess I'll start with Nocturne, 4, Strange Journey, or DDS, whichever one grabs my attention most. Though maybe I guess I should wait for the 3DS remake? I heard it added not!Yukiko for some reason. Also better grafix

OH AND I FORGOT:
Is there any way to play the first Devil summoner (Saturn)? Is it even good? the sequel got a 3DS remake for some reason. Is the first one possible to play/worth playing?

thanks guys

so do we all agree that sj is the hardest entry?

Eirikrjs tumblr has been nothing these past couple days but complaints about how gross P5 is and how he hates Hashino forever for pandering to the lowest common denominator. So there seems to be plenty of hate.

I can't play DDS without getting a boner at some point, so that series gets my vote.

Nah, and I am a die hard SJfag. SJ is more difficlt then some of the newer games, it is more difficult then the base difficulty of games like IV and Nocturne but some of the older games still have more difficult dungeons if only because of how annoying dungeons can be.

Don't know who Eirkikjs is but,
>he hates Hashino forever for pandering to the lowest common denominator
Why did it take until P5 for him to hate Hashino and not P3 or P4?

3DS SH is the best version
And I say wait for the 3DS remake adds alot of content just play Nocturne. And why did't you get the 3ds versions of DeSu? They also add a nice amount of content.

The dungeons being annoying doesn't really make the games difficult though. SMT having the Cathedral doesn't change that 99% of fights can be auto-battled through.

>P3
I mean I really don't like P4, I've tried so hard but it just feels like saccharine otaku escapism wish-fulfillment and it rubs me entirely the wrong way, but even playing it recently, I genuinely really like P3.

Still though, P5 is pretty much better than both, I especially liked it making a fucking GRAIN of effort to try pretend it's in the same continuity as P1-2 compared the near Fallout 3-ness of P3-4. Guns, negotiations, good dungeons, actual demon enemies instead of shadows a la 1&2, etc.

good to see I'm not alone in that.

>literal artificial difficulty makes games hard

You have a shiton of games to play.
Unless you maraton them and beat them in a few weeks, I doubt you will run out of games before DSJ comes out.

You can play Devil Summoner via its PSP port, but it has no playable translation, just the scripts.
I'd love to play it, since I loved Soul Hackers, but I can't be assed to play an RPG while being forced to look up guides and scripts every three seconds.

>good dungeons

What good dungeons? They seemed all super linear and tedious.

the gba versions havent been translated yet (save for the ios version of smt1 which is the gba version. someone should really try to dump it)
agree with user here, the 3ds enhancements of both desu games are quite nice and add plenty of new stuff

>Is there any way to play the first Devil summoner (Saturn)?
Not unless you know Japanese or want to follow a translation guide (in the OP)
>Is it even good?
It's decent, but Soul Hackers improves upon it in every way. The loyalty system in Devil Summoner really drags it down.

In what way is it gross?

I personally don't like it that much because of its pacing and the way it "balances" dungeon crawling and the VN aspects, but its themes and presentation are actually pretty ok to me.

>3DS SH is the best version
I don't understand
Devil summoner 1 was for saturn, and Devil summoner 2 was also for Saturn, but 2 got a remake on the 3DS yeah? Is there anyway to play 1?

And thanks, I'll probably demifiend it up

>tfw completing a full moon in P3
Looking forward to another 5+ hours of little meaningful content.

It has the two gay comic relief guys and Mona hitting on Ann. Or something, I don't know all the details of what people on tumblr are criticizing.

theyre good in the sense theyre much better than tartarus and the tv world and have a better defined aura surrounding them

Comparison:Fucking tarturus and all of P4's shit

In context? Fucking great.
Now I will admit I fucking hated Okumura's silly apace adventure though, even if his daughter is hot.

So predictable and boring.

At least the Power Rangers analogy in IV was funny.

>In what way is it gross?
hashino explicitly asked soejima to fuck all the girls designs and make them look "cute". tae was supposed to look way different

Its more that, P3-P4 are half VN, so is P5 but ATLEAST it has Guns and negotiations and the combat portion is not an after thought. P5 also makes alot of nods and references to older SMT games.

>The Arena in which you fight thor is Nocturne
>Mentions Raidou's 2nd game
>Mentions characters for P2EP
>Last dungeon is a nod to SMT 1 Chaos route in how you fight the 4 archangels in that same order
>Also Gabriel asking for peace seems to be a nod to SMT 2 as well maybe?
>Autistic artist has Kenako's eyelashes and gives you cards the same way the artist in the P1-P2 games gives you cards by painting

>that face
*inhales*

Wrong image.

So glad he is gone. Who is the new Persona director?
>Its the same guy who made the dancing games
Oh boy.

do we have a name for new director yet?

>tfw I used this same exact image on /v/ to shitpost on how all jrpgs are shit
>one user told me to play nocturne
>SMT is my favorite series

Funny.

*exhales*

IIRC it's very possible that Joker is Reiji's son and Futaba might be Baofu's daughter.

For the life of me I don't understand why Hashino has such a hateboner for P1-2 though, there were so many fucking hoops had to be jumped through to explain how 3-4 even fit in the same universe, adding a sidequest to EP just to try to explain how demons just suddenly became blobs lol

and that fucking anime ova "Only teenagers can use personas" are you fucking kidding me

>RC it's very possible that Joker is Reiji's son and Futaba might be Baofu's daughter.
I heard about the later but Idk how or why people think so. The former is new to me and would love to see why people think that.

>adding a sidequest to EP just to try to explain how demons just suddenly became blobs lol
Wait fucking really?

And I always assumed that it was not a hate boner but out of respect for the old universe or something. And I am not 100% if he even worked on the anime. If so fuck him. but luckily it seemed to have gotten retconned

Oh, yes, friends, i forgot to ask.

What the actual fuck is this? It's been explained to me as the "Zegapain" of SMT.
Does it/will it ever get an english translation?

>hashino explicitly asked soejima to fuck all the girls designs and make them look "cute"
Based.

SJW views of "I'm fat, ugly, and lazy, so everybody and every medium should lower to my standards" are laughable.

As the official ambassador of the SMT fanbase, I declare that it will NOT have an english translation.

That is all, have a nice day.

I am all for fuck sjws and all that but waifufags also need to be shot on sight as well.

If some one could get the script sure but its kinda impossible to put that script in the game since there are STILL no original XBOX emulators.