Previous Thread: Best girl edition

>Official Stuff
Steam Page: store.steampowered.com/app/698780/Doki_Doki_Literature_Club/
Monika Twitter: twitter.com/lilmonix3

>Guides
Guide: gameplay.tips/guides/1298-doki-doki-literature-club.html
Actual guide to getting the "good" end: pastebin.com/q3nGy9Fa

>Art and Miscellaneous
Game files dump (full) - mega.nz/#!omBgAY7a!qbh7FYCcYnjIN7G9bGGDy343CLBCRaOIuiHN8SwPT7k
Wiki: ddlcwiki.ga/wiki/Main_Page
Fan-made Content Pastebin: pastebin.com/BRy67t0s
Booru: ddlc.booru.org

>Why is this even still here, if someone's going to kill themself they're not going to stop because they saved 5 seconds googling the suicide hotline number.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA): 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
International Association for Suicide Prevention (EU): iasp.info/resources/Crisis_Centres/Europe/
Lifeline Australia (AU): lifeline.org.au/get-help/get-help-home

Other urls found in this thread:

crunchyroll.com/rezero-starting-life-in-another-world-
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My insides are burning and I want to die

Natsuki!

Threadly reminder that Sayori loves you.

Yuri!

Singular reminder that Sayori doesn't give a FUCK about you if you don't have brown hair.

Yuri's crazy eyes are actually kinda sexy.

Hi I'm the anti tulpa fag

First for Alraune Yuri

Impregnation!

This is truth.

I have a fat deposit developing right on top of a nerve on my shoulder and it's slowly costing me the use of my arm.

She is precious.

Sayori is passive manipulator

Okay, everyone! Time for another round of commentary. Hopefully you find this in some way useful to your future endeavours! I'm covering up to #114, so if your thing is in #115 I'll get to it tomorrow if someone else doesn't beat me to it!
As a quick aside before we get into it, thread #112 had a perfect record for comments! That means everyone's work was already commented on when I went to check. This is great! Keep it up, guys.

...doesn't feel quite right to comment on this one. I'll just say it's vividly executed enough to make me think maybe it reflects a personal experience, and leave it at that. Powerful work.

Interesting counterpoint to the anti-nostalgia poem I commented on yesterday, in that the core message of looking forward is still there but it's less antagonistic to looking back. I think this does well at capturing the complex tensions between those two options.

A search for something unknown and maybe unattainable? I like how open-ended this is, it's like everyone probably has something like this in their lives that they can use to relate to this poem. Also blah blah flow improvements but whatever, it's hard to capture a feeling that's both intense and universal like this.

This is sweet! It could maybe benefit from flow adjustments (I know I say this a lot so I'll explain a bit better here: Basically, it just means reading it out loud or "out loud" in your head and finding places where it sort of catches or doesn't flow as well or the syllable count is awkward, and re-wording stuff. It's pretty subjective), but I really like how genuine it feels. Made me smile to read it.

Have you seen a doctor, user? That sounds like a serious health concern.

(continued)

I like how this one reconciles the two themes of nature being beautiful but also full of death in a way that we generally don't see. The subtlety of the latter theme underscores that it's not part of our human experience with nature (well, not any more!), but the fact that it's the "stinger" at the end of the poem lends it undeniable importance. Great work!

Compare and contrast
Humans, small, the world, quite large
Did I miss the point?
Yes I will be responding to all haikus with additional haikus. This is non-negotiable

I like the sense of wistfulness this evokes. It's a combination of longing for a friend you've fallen out of touch with, and for simpler times in general. The questioning, repetitive tone adds a touch of bitterness which gives this work a distinct flavour apart from just simple reminiscence. 5 stars! Er, I mean, good job!

This thread is dangerously low on Natsukis!

crunchyroll.com/rezero-starting-life-in-another-world-

This is pretty good and you should watch it if you haven't

Well, not if my poetry is DESIGNED to call forth the Great Old Ones. Then they'd be getting the right idea!

...but that's not what I'm doing! Ahaha, what a silly thought! Who would form a Literature Club for the express purpose of harvesting emotions to offer up as a sacrifice to a Lovecraftian abomination anyway? Definitely not me!

I didn't contribute any poems, but I'm glad your making people's days with these. Bless.

115 threads
So many posts I haven't read
115 editions
Will this counter reach a million?
115 bump limits
I'm not sure if I can make it
115 dokis
Then why am I still lonely?

bestgrill

I love her too

You need to be purged.

Yeah, in a few days. But they're usually not dangerous so insurance won't cover getting them removed.

I'll just have to learn to live with horrible shooting pain for a while!

Good afternoon, everyone, and welcome to the literature club! If you're already a regular, hi!
The word of the thread is "Flame"! As usual, it doesn't have to be literal! It could evoke the feeling of flame, like warmth, light, bengay cream, or passion!
Green writers or veterans of the literary genre are encouraged to post, critique and comment on each others work, be it pems or prose!
Have a good day, stay healthy and show us what you can do!

That doesn't sound good, I hope it goes away soon!

That sucks mang. It's not much, but here's a cupcake for your troubles.

That sounds like it's going to be a very rough couple of days, user. Hope you'll be able to handle it.

Well, I need to do something every day to make Monika proud of me, after all.

Misumi paizuri!

I love her too

Hi Erika! I'm always happy to see you.
I haven't been in the mood to write poems as of late but I do want to write one today, because I feel like I haven't been contributing.

I can see why you might think that! But really, this is for the best. I'm sure you'll understand soon.

They always do.

I appreciate the well-wishes, I hope you all have a lovely day.

Well, of course.

And she's very proud indeed.

You as well, make sure to get plenty of rest

Right back at you!

It's alright, you don't have to force yourself if you don't want to! We all have those times were your creative juices are coagulated and just won't flow. If you really want to, you could take a walk or a hot shower, things of that nature that could help get your mental gears grinding!

Flickering
Waving
The light branches
An illusion of air
The lost dream of phlogiston
Reforged into nanotubes
A diffusion of heat
The light refracts
Waving
Flickering

Monika witcher

I've been writing up a storm as of late but they've all been fanfics and such, as well as working on a non-DDLC related short story. I very much want to write a poem for you guys though, and I've got some inspiration from today's words.
It's just going to take me a little but because I'm a little busy.

Thank you for still doing this, by the way. I love how much structure it adds to the thread.

"Burn the rot!" we cried.
Just reward for our crusade:
The purest ashes.

I want to hold her all night.
I want to tease her while playing videogames.
I want to take her to the beach.
I want to take care of her every need.
I want to suddenly kiss her when shes feeling down.
I want to keep her warm.
I want to take her to a funfare and win the biggest plush they have.
I want to smell hair roseblond hair.
I want to wipe her tears of and tell her that everything will be alright.
I just want to be with her.

why does it hurt so much? I really want to fall in love and make a girl happy. When did all this become a bad thing...

Monika > Sayori

Natsuki > Everyone else

I'm a girl, but I'd turn gay for Monika

I think DDLC might have been bad for me as a whole in the long run. It opened me up to things I hadn't felt, or otherwise suppressed, in years but I have no real outlet for any of it. I feel like I was given the instructions to do something but not the tools.

I feel bad for you user. Don't worry, you'll feel better once you fully accept 2D.

>You can now love
>But there's nowhere to find it in the real world
Welcome

Be my Monika gf pls

More Natsuki

I fully accepted and fell for 2D and it hurts all the more recently. I understood and sympathized with Monika more than what I feel is supposed to be healthy. I want to be loved by who I love but that will never happen no matter how hard I try or what I do and it makes the day all the harder to go through.

>Natsuki
>Japanese 菜 (na) meaning "vegetables, greens" and 月 (tsuki) meaning "moon"
>Alternatively, it can come from 夏 (natsu) meaning "summer" and 希 (ki) meaning "hope".

I think I'll hit they hay for now. A wonderful time as always, /ddlc/! See you lovely folks later!

Good night

Sleep tight user

'Night, user!

Goodnight man, sleep well

Sweet dreams, user!

Good night, user.

Oh my--

Coincidentally, my middle name actually is Monika, however it is spelt with a C, instead of a K.

I think I beat it, told her she's my m8 but she ended up killing herself. bullocks, and what's up with the title screen? does it just blatantly end there?

No, go play the fucking game

The game won't end until credits roll, clicc that new game button boi

You're just getting started

I LOVE YOU

I kind of get Monika.
Desperately wanting to be with someone but its like the world you live in just refuses to let it happen.
It's enough to drive a person into madness.

right m8s
I'll continue tomorrow since the ending caught me off guard
also it's pretty stupid with that odd reveal of Yuri liking knives

London??

Good job Yuri

Don't change the channel now, We're just getting started.

You guys think that if Monika knew how to properly code, we'd avoid a lot of what happened?

Time to hang out with Sayori. She's waiting on the other side.

>Do the deed
>Become ded
>Sayori reincarnated in this reality while you don't
>Once again separated by a dimension, and you don't even know each other anymore

We'd get Irotoridori no Sekai instead.

Who

Someone's OC for ddlc

:o
Nope, sorry, I live in 'Murica

It's
"Don't touch that dial, we're just getting started"
You fucking retard

DokiDokiTale when?

Butch OC

Bitch*

I'm sorry, It's been a while since I visited the pachinko parlor

>frogshit

On the other hand, don't bother coming back.

NOW

I wanna fuck that cutie on the right

Really team salvato do I really need to pay this jewish priority shipping for my keychain?

It's so frustrating, I was able to put so much effort into that one fic, but now that I want to write for the other dokis, I cant seem to.

I like the artist for being such a good sport and letting us lewd/mistreat her to our hearts content after coming here desu

I understand, I just got back into the groove for the fic I'm writing right now, try reading doki related fics, usually works for me. It helps you get into the right mindset

For me, it's like, I genuinely want to do requests, but it can be really difficult to make them appealing if you don't actually feel the appeal of the request yourself.

Dear lord I hope Dan lets us import Monika into his next game with new dialogue n shit.

Good night /DDLC/

I'll try to actually do something tomorrow instead of just sitting here rotting. Not proud.

Stop being such a greedy fuck, Monika already had a whole game dedicated to her.
If anything, I wish the other dokis had that chance.

Not him but I do as well, I mostly just want to do wholesome stuff.

Rest up dude, you can do it!

I would facefuck her until she passed out.

>God tier
Monika
>Shit Tier
Everyone else

Hey, user who posted the Survey here. Got a sample size of 71, which I figured was probably good enough, so I'm ready to post what I found.

So, to get the obvious out of the way, Monika has the most first place votes. It's by a smaller margin than I had imagined, but she wins in that category regardless.

On the other hand, Sayori has the highest average position, which I guess technically makes her the most popular doki overall, so good for her!

What really surprised me was the doki that ended up getting the most last place votes. She was voted worst by a shockingly large margin, to the point where her last place votes dwarf even the amount of first place votes Monika received. To put it into perspective, a little over 45% of all the votes placed this Doki in last place. I almost don't want to reveal who it is. But I will.
Yuri is officially /ddlc/'s least favorite Doki.

I'll post more exact numbers in a bit.