/bf2g/ Battlefront 2 General

'cause the Star Wars general is too busy talking about ded game.

I agree about the general. As for the game, I actually think it's good and fun to play. A shame about their business practices though.

At least our ded game only charges for cosmetics you retarded cuck.

It's better than the first one, for sure.

What business practices are we talking about, though? I hate EA as much as the next user, but I haven't spent any money except to buy the game. I did pay more for the Elite Edition to get the headstart, but that's pretty normal - lots of games have the CE shit for bonuses.

Also, just started the campaign since multiplayer seems dead for the night. That first mission is actually pretty cool. I'm surprised. The story ain't so bad so far.

I'm really confused about why everyone is up in arms about the loot boxes and heroes. You can't unlock heroes in loot boxes, you can't pay real money for the heroes, and I've already unlocked 3 heroes and the game has only been out for 5 hours.

The campaign is actually pretty fun. The fighter levels reeeaaallllly made me want a new rogue squadron.

BUY OUR LOOT BOXES, PAY YOUR MONEY, DO IT NOW

Yeah, this. I bought loot boxes with credits (for playing the game) and got bonuses for heroes I don't have, because you spend those same credits to unlock them.

Han Solo my nigga, tho, and he's free. Iden waifu is also really good. She was my first unlock, and I honestly have no interest in unlocking any of the others now. I lucked out with her, cause she fits my play style perfectly, and Han is such a sniper beast.

You don't have to buy loot boxes. I get where you're coming from - I understand, user - but you really don't have to buy shit in this game. All it takes is some getting used to the mechanics, because it's fast for a shooter and very easy to die. Once you figure it out, it's a lot more enjoyable.

And this is coming from someone who absolutely hated the first one. In fact, I bought it twice and returned it both times. I'm actually surprised EA gave me a refund.

Was actually suprised at their portrayal of Luke in the campaign. Was not dissapointed.

Wow you are the dumbest fuck I ever saw on Veeky Forums, by far.
Supporting mobile gaming tactics and slot machine shit.
Jesus. Is the whole SW fanbase this dumb?

origin isn't letting me play even though i have 18%. what the fuck is its problem?

Also feel like multiplayer is very one sided. Seems you are losing badly or stomping.

So I've played Overwatch for hundreds of hours and even though I haven't quit I feel burnt out. Can I expect an engaging multiplayer experience with this game? I like playing hitscan and sniper mostly.

lol
18% downloaded? Just play something else, man. Not a big deal.
Yeah, that is one issue I have with this game. No auto balance is lame as fuck. Good games are few and far between. It can be fun losing on certain maps, though, so it's not a total loss. I tend not to give a shit about whether or not we win or lose, just how I do as a player. As long as I'm playing well, I could care less.
It's faster than Overwatch, and the gameplay takes some getting used to. It can be fun if you're willing to accept that you'll lose a lot until you get the hang of the game.

So confirmed no autobalance? Also are you getting the random d/c from EA servers every other game or so?

Not that I've seen, but desu, I don't know for sure if there is or isn't. It sure doesn't seem like it.

I don't get randomly disconnected, but when I leave a game, I do get a message that I got disconnected from EA, but it doesn't seem to affect anything. I can still join a new game.

Its actually every time I try and join a space battle game. Insta-disconnect.

Has GoG said anything about bf2 classic servers? I really want to play it, but I believe it has not been fixed yet?

Original BF2 is terrible. I don't know how anyone can stand to play that shit anymore. It's so fucking old and laggy. The netcode is utter shit.

Is it bad I want to buy this game, ignore the lootbox bullshit and only have fun?

Not really, I'm just going to do the same once its downloaded.

Don't listen to those fucking whiners crying about loot boxes. You don't have to pay real money for anything.

Yeah I know, I thought that he was talking about paying with real money.

The cards aren't game breaking either. And you can craft any one you want after just playing one game. All they do is give you options to round out what you like doing the most.

>Micro-transactions exist
>Ain't nothin but a thang.

This whole uproar just seems lame at this point the game itself is fun, so whats the problem? Half these guys complaining about the micros end up buying them in the end anyway. Just don't buy them and get good scrubs.

Veeky Forums is all about being offended and bitching/arguing about whatever you can.

Yeah I know, I noticed that some people might kill me faster but they didnt seem as gamebreaking as people online make them out to be.

That may be true, but this uproar is not limited to Veeky Forums - it's pretty much every online community and news outlet, as well as an increasing amount of analog news calling out the bullshit.

Except there is no bullshit here, and all it is is an overreaction.

Meh, I get where the criticism is coming from. Locking certain characters behind hundreds of hours of playing and offering customisation options through RNG that you can purchase are symptoms of a very consumer unfriendly environment in the games industry right now. I would even agree on the point that loot boxes are a form of gambling, and would welcome parental control options in these types of games.

I doubt it will affect Electronic Arts bottom line though - they have monetization figured out.

Hundreds of hours? Nigger, please. You can unlock whatever character you want in a days session if you wanted to. I unlocked Iden easily. And nearly everything that comes from the lootboxes can be crafted, except for the highest tier that requires achievements, like 500 kills or whatever, but they are by no means what makes a player good at this game. Most of the time I'm just running around gunning down scrubs with my weapon I got after 50 kills. Not a big deal.

In fact, there is literally no reason why anyone should buy lootboxes. All it does is save time, and most of it is worthless shit anyway that you will never use. You can kit out your favorite class with whatever cards you want in an hour.

Also, the only thing that is stopping people from enjoying this game at the onset is not knowing the maps or understanding how different it is from simpler games like COD. It does actually take some effort to get good at it, and it's mostly trial and error.

I saw a video talking about this today, and the gameplay footage looked actually fun enough to consider buying. Controversy aside, does this shit just work and is fun if I dont give too much of a shit about progression or buying stuff?
It looks like it has a great atmosphere

what video setting is making everything take so long to load?

That's after the change to the unlock costs though, which was brought on by the negative press surrounding the title. Iden was also just 20k credits and is now 5k.

Also, being good at a game is not necessarily what people want to have fun with it. I am in no way part of this outrage, but personally, I never gave a shit about my or anyone elses K/D ratio or how good I or anyone else was. In general, in these types of games I see three distinct types of players:

>The builders
Who like to build and deck out their character the way they like it or to meet a specific goal like "Can I counter X with Y somehow? Let's build that!"
>The socials
Who are in it for the community, either to feel like they are part of some sort of platoon or just to kick back, relax and banter over the mic after work.
>The explorers
Who want to find out everything about the lore or world they are in. These are the ones that will shoot you from points that you didn't even think were reachable or that will, given the talent and time, make short videos and staged screenshots for online use.

I think the outrage comes mostly from the first type of player, the builder, being shafted a bit when the initial prices were still in the game. Also, only a subgroup of them actually enjoys lootboxes with RNG for cards/abilities/whateveryourgamehas since they are all about building up their set and lacking a specific card can be frustrating to these people.

Again, not arguing any point here, just trying to explain where the vitriol came from, and while I only partially agree with the criticism, I think I can see where it is coming from.

Is the rocket trooper still as good as he was in the beta