/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 14th of November:
1862 – American Civil War: President Abraham Lincoln approves General Ambrose Burnside's plan to capture the Confederate capital at Richmond, Virginia, leading to the Battle of Fredericksburg.
1889 – Pioneering female journalist Nellie Bly (aka Elizabeth Cochrane) begins a successful attempt to travel around the world in less than 80 days. She completes the trip in 72 days.
1918 – Czechoslovakia becomes a republic.
1940 – World War II: In England, Coventry is heavily bombed by German Luftwaffe bombers. Coventry Cathedral is almost completely destroyed.
1941 – World War II: In Slonim, German forces engaged in Operation Barbarossa murder 9,000 Jews in a single day.

Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
CK2 DD 13/11
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1054574

EU4 DD 14/11
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1054598

>Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

>Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

>Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes v0.2 - 12/10/2017
pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.9.1 - 13/10/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Music Mod
pastebin.com/UxQnvV3Y

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1syVzNITq6_ddv7zHvjuesHv4jxXepzk3AiUMTBXkp-Y/edit?usp=drivesdk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This way national ideas are just a crutch. They don't fix core problems of EU4 just provide you with another 'collect all the green plus modifiers' minigame.

Reposting

If you were to make a new title to replace Europa Universalis in the time period between Rome and Vicky what parts and mechanics of Europa Universalis series would you keep? We are talking about any game even EU4.

It adds some replayability at least. You also get different random events depending on your ideas choosen.

I don't know. Maybe through decisions, or individual "idea points" similiar to tech points.

>core problems
Depending on who you ask these are always different.

I would keep the map.

>Depending on who you ask these are always different.
No they arent, mana is the core problem.

Or the AI doing stupid shit.
like in my last game

Will you be playing with M&M/China on?

There, I removed all the fun parts. Happy now?

>1941 – World War II: In Slonim, German forces engaged in Operation Barbarossa murder 9,000 Jews in a single day.
welcome back alex

>Depending on who you ask these are always different.
True but since there are numerous core problems in EU4 all these people can be right

Nah mana is a bigger problem.

I'm posting an SS-20 Saber in honour of the defunct East vs West until we get a good Cold War game.

It sure is a big problem. My guess would be that they tried to find a ressource thats less dependend on your country size

grand stupid general more like

Do they ever let those pistons rest holding that up.

Who does /gsg/ support in the Second American Cold Civil War?

>United States
still most populated and industrial half of the nation, has no military though, it's a democracy with the Trumpist Republicans in power, capital is still in irradiated DC

>Confederate States
Poor industry, though most powerful military out of all factions, democratic though elects conservatives pretty much every election, capital is in Montgomery

>Allied States
Nationalist dictatorship, balanced well between military and industrial score, capital is in Cheyenne

The leafs

CSA will win

Now's the right time to restore the thirteen colonies.

>only 300 million people are left alive in NYC

>million

I meant 300,000

fuck

>3% jews
You know what to do

What to do?

Flood the banks with laughing gas

Texas

Damn I honestly don't know, all those choices sound good, I guess confederates for memes

I've done it /gsg/
Some thought I couldn't pass the autism of my Finnish Hyperborean journal, which stands at 64 pages and 36,811 words
But I have
I have completed the Eadricing Family chronicle of Northumbria, England, Britannia, and the Holy Roman Empire with a finished count of 200 pages and 111,941 words
I have not only eclipsed my autism, but surpassed it threefold
I am not sure if I should be proud, or afraid of what I have become
docs.google.com/document/d/1syVzNITq6_ddv7zHvjuesHv4jxXepzk3AiUMTBXkp-Y/edit?usp=drivesdk

May God bless us all

tl;dr lol

Unironically though, should I take back any of the 13 colonies?

time to seize malvinas

CSA

Just make a protectorate out of California for ultimate memes
As for the other factions just sphere them and play them all off against each other

That would look terrible.

I can't believe /gsg/ is dead

Actually based.

Perhaps the best thing posted here in ages

Of course not.
I guess Norsefire UK would support the Allied States though, which could lead to the end of its diplomatic isolationism towards America and an entirely British sphered New World at the most optimostic timeline.

Also what if The EU ends up forming because it looks like its almost there

not really it doesn't

>Bird mana
>Paper mana
>Sword mana
>New Russian DLC adds 3 different types of Russian mana

When does it end?

Then you'd have a neighbouring nation with very different ideological values to challenge you for the #1 spot, your game would become twice as interesting as it is now.

Yeah I have no idea why PRC hasn't taken the top spot by now, it's been completely untouched by the nukes, just like Europe.

Is AFPG here

from 0 to believeble worlds, how would you rate this?

EU3 everything with EU2 historical accurate events, it's disgusting how EU3 and EU4 AI just fucking blobs everywhere.

easy yous lads