/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1060 - Tails Was Gay All Along Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

Y'all niggas better stop messing up threads.

Hasn't there been a general that was forced to start from 0 a couple of times?

*glomps*

Posting boys in dresses.

*leans*

Is this TAS or legit? either way it looks way more impressive than anything you could do in a Boost game.

kek

Added to another reason we need Adventure formula back. I'll send the list to the SA3 Facebook page.

it's tas. even half an A press levels of super autism couldn't do that

defo tool assisted.
Pretty cool though

ECHIDONA

Infinicute

Now neither have to be virgins

Why are we an active general if Sonic was never good?

Squeaky wheels always gets the grease.

Even if they went back to the adventure formula there's no guarantee it would be any good. Just look at the classic sonic gameplay.

Hope is wasted on the hopeless.

Seriously though I really hope the next one is different from any previous game in addition to being really good.

It's time for a new era of gameplay.

it's fun to have shit taste

>has jedi powers
>trained Zavok himself
>has decades of experience
>Sonic just defeats him as easily as any other Deadly Six
Can we just agree that Sonic is an overpowered Gary Stu at this point?

He gets stronger every second.

If SEGA ever brings back the Adventure formula (which at this point I hope it happens, so we can go a year without people demanding it to come back) they need to bring back people who's worked on the Adventure games as level designers & directors, etc.

Considering that Sonic has gotten his ass kicked numerous times in the past & has needed his friends to help him before, no.

carryu

Can we have a good Sonic RPG already?

>New era of gameplay
As much as I want this, do you truly think it's a good idea to split the fanbase into four groups? New gameplay styles are partially the reason we're in the rut we are now.

It would be terrible for sure and it'd have classic for some reason.

Nope

Maybe we should just make an rpg, with all the dating sim/social links, non-standard turn based combat and cat falling on a piano songs as we want.

Old man jelly bean was at death's door.

>Chao Garden mobile
What's so hard about this?

I'd be happy with a Bump & Sage date sim, complete with fully animated naughty scenes 'n shit.

Get to it, Sega, you lazy jap hacks.

>No. 1111111111
This better be inspect element

Inspector Gadget?

It most likely is

Sonic isn't popular enough to allow for side-games that don't feature Mario.

>Sonic thread

>they need to bring back people who's worked on the Adventure games as level designers & directors, etc
or you know, get people who actually understand good level design instead of hacks training inexperienced people. Odyssey was made by a young team, it's not like Miyamoto was in 100% control. Sonic CAN be good, it just needs talent and a director with a solid vision. I know, easier said then done but you're SEGA's mascot ffs, it's like you're not even trying.

Fuck yeah I do, I actually like that Sonic changes every now and again. I'm not a purist of any style.

Only if there's a secret "score both plus Bait the Betta :^)" ending

SEGA should just hire fans to make them on the cheap.

*BEEP* *BEEP*
Best ship coming through.

>Sonic isn't popular enough
???

Stupid question, but what game is this from? It looks SA2 but I don't remember there being an sports mode in it.

They already tried that with Boom and failed.

Only one guy at SEGA had the source code, & he left.

I said it before & I'll say it again, the best idea of a gameplay style is something that mixes the best of Adventure & Boost together.

That begs the question tho: Who do they bring on board?

SEGA Football Mistake for XBox/GameCube/PlayStation2

Boom was always going to fail.

Sonic has had many failure, success isn't guaranteed. Sonic Forces and Sonic 06 proves that even going back to proven styles will not promise success.

Sonic World did a decent Chao Garden. If essentially teenagers can code a Chao Garden in their free time, I am sure Sonic Team can hire someone.

Or you can have GHP user lead the Sonic World team in making a new Adventure game.

You're not wrong about the segmenting of fanbase and stuff but Boom failed for reasons outside its control, it was basically sabotaged. I can imagine it becoming the 4th group in the argument of what game play style is better had it done really well though.

I wonder what it would have been like if Boom was just a Boost game but with the Boom cast and stuff.

>Compare it to two of the biggest names in video games
>Seee, it isn't popular
>it's only search terms anyway
Really oodles the noodle

>Only one guy at SEGA had the source code, & he left.
Really shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks user

SoJ wants SEGA to die but can't because legacy and affiliations put them on life support like a kid who tries to off himself but becomes a vegetable instead..

Who seriously types "Sonic the Hedgehog" fully?
Try just Sonic.

love it!

We get continually fresh content worth talking about in some form, whether it's community work, comics, or artwork. And there's enough worth talking about even ij past Sonic games to generate discussion. /feg/ does little outside of circlejerk over their mobile game.

is her chestplate bulletproof?

ONLY SONIC ADVENTURE 3 CAN SAVE US!

Considering how bland fates and warriors was I can't blame them, but it's a shame it's come to that.

Fair point. I guess it's just a matter of them not being interested, or only planning on doing it if the Boost formula stops being a winning formula for them. Giving Forces mixed reception compared to Colors & Gens positive, it's likely only a matter of time before they go back to it.

Need a strong material to hold those tats up

>Just try Sonic
The restaurant?

We need more fast.

>Only one guy at SEGA had the source code, & he left.
still no known SOURCE to this

>IT'S A BRAND NEW DAY

What does this mean?

>WE HAVE TURNED THE PAGE

No. Sonic shouldn't have spinoffs

THIS IS THE ULTIMATE

>That begs the question tho: Who do they bring on board?
I assume getting a job at Sega isn't as great as it use to be back when they made consoles. During the Dreamcast era they pretty much took all the talent they had and made them heads of various subdivisions in an attempt to bleed as much content as possible. Got an idea? just do it, that's why Dreamcast games are so weird.

Pretty sure Sonic isn't really a top priority because he's no longer a console mascot and Sega really doesn't need him anymore. As a result Sonic Team will have ambitious ideas but time constraints, budget, and inexperience tend to always get in the way. To Sega it doesn't really matter the quality because he's got a fanbase that can sustain itself.

sexy.

How'd they get into that situation?

Wow, how can Mario ever recover?

I've been looking for this one for my beep beep folder. Thanks user.

cutest Bat

So the peaks were Unleashed and Gens?

lmao

That first pic implies she's already naked. Does she just walk around naked around Shadow?

and what's it say?

She has her gloves on in the first pic though.

sorry i'll stop

She's fast

Good use of that sweater

Should send this to translation user.

>I assume getting a job at Sega isn't as great as it use to be back when they made consoles
Maybe not, but this is still the people who make Yakuza and Phantasy Star. I bet people still want to work for them

>The Silvergin vs The Chadow

maybe Painty the Dog?

Poor slowrat

True. Well given that the HE2 has been made, they likely won't have to worry about putting most of the devtime into that next game.

They should

Makes sense, i'd expect similar results again eventually though, internet is only getting used more and more.

Shadow walks naked around her all the time

what did you think of infinite

Weak and poorly used villain.

Like I said, Sonic isn't a priority because the fanbase can sustain him no matter what. "Voting with your wallet" can be risky because Sega could just see it as people no longer wanting Sonic games all together. The fanbase is trapped in a situation where they know the games aren't that good but if they don't buy them Sega will just ditch the franchise like every other sega ip that didn't sell.

It's rude to bully slow rats like this

I liked him at first but then he ended up getting shafted hard in the end.

a country after our own heart

He's WEAK!

In all honesty thought, I liked him enough. The idea of a character who's just an edgy asshole who keeps losing because he's so up his own ass that it keeps costing him. I wouldn't mind him coming back somehow in the future, or making an appearance in the comics.

I like how Tails mind-raped everyone into thinking he's some weak jackal.

This gives me flashbacks of sonic chronicles

Namely, how bad the sound design was

That dude literally wore a mask because Shadow told him to never show his face again.

A villain who was ETERNALLY punked by Shadow the fucking Hedgehog can never be anything more than a joke to me.

I don't know. I'm sure there is at least one guy up top that realizes that if sales go down then maybe they should consider making better gamea

>all of those commies
we really need to make america great again