/indie/ Indie and Misc. Games General

previous thread >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as A Hat in Time, Hollow Knight, RUINER, Cuphead, Heat Signature, Steamworld Dig 2, LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Rain World, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CQoZxeHJreU
darkestdungeon.com/welcome-to-the-new-official-darkest-dungeon-website/
youtube.com/watch?v=6vLrTNKk89Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i want a single good cyberpunk crpg...
someone have mercy

Remember guys.

Is Snake Pass any fun? Or just gimmicky?
And what about Rain World? It's difficult to gauge the genre on that one. Looks like IWBTG with Physics.

Can someone answer that?

why would i do it for a cat?

>him

>cat

snake pass is fun
frustrating as hell due to learning the control scheme but ultimately fun
i liked rain world but i didn't enjoy rain world, if that makes any sense

Don't suppose anyone has played The Warlock of Firetop Mountain? I'm on my first run and have gotten the Cyclops' eye but there is no way to leave the dungeon. Am I supposed to just explore forever until I'm overwhelmed and die?

Niko is a trap.

People who do let's play need to die.

?

Actually it's called Meow.
Not really.

>195686274
Here's an idea, if you care so much about roleplaying, stop metagaming and just fucking do it instead of reading up on spoilers.

There are plenty of reasons why a loyal character would take the job.
You could do it out of plain curiosity and see where it takes you.
You could believe what he tells you because you are naive and trusting like that.
You might want to keep an eye on him because he is a shady guy doing things that are very suspect.
You could hate the Protectorate's guts and want to stick it to them any way you can.
You could accept the job simply because the kind of money he offers is absolutely mindblowing at that point in the game, and having better gear would help you with the job your station wants you to do.

Sounds to me you are angry because your character specifically wouldn't work with shady guys but you still want every boon they offer. Well, don't expect the world to revolve around you and accommodate your every whim.

Going to assume the idiot thought you were me. I do Let's Plays. I share them here sometimes.

Stop shilling.

youtube.com/watch?v=CQoZxeHJreU

Stop being a fucking crybaby.

DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS.

We know you do, recluse.

At least I'm not a nigger.

Thank you for taking you the trash, janny.

This guy makes more money on Patreon than Spoony. How?

Going to wager you're one of those ESL faggots. You sure suck dick like one.

I'm not that sure.

What? You too poor to afford a mirror? Spend all your little nigger pennies on watermelon and fried chicken, didn't you? Goddamn nigger.

You truly are weird.
Did you try talking to someone?

Don't bother with recluse, he's beyond saving. He already deleted his channel twi due to being a little bitch, and now he's trying to advertise it again, but everyone is tired of him.

Rain world is basically IWBTG with physics, yeah. Personally I grew to hate it when I learned over the course of several hours just how shallow its supposed ecosystem interactions were and how many stupid design decisions were made. The game is rife with shit like a camera that's statically attached to one screen of a room but one side of the screen is open air and leads to the next screen in the same "room", and you can be just a few pixels from something that is currently approaching you in real time (and that will kill you instantly if you touch it) in that second screen but you won't be able to see it until you advance the screen and then discover you're face to gullet with an instadeath lizard. That's not a one time thing, that's an extremely common occurrence. Additionally, the food system being associated with area transition locks means that dying too many times in any given area (sometimes just once or twice, depending on circumstance) will force you to farm the area for food before you can continue to proceed with the game, an unbelievably tedious and pointless game mechanic in a game where instant death is always a likely possibility from the slightest misstep. I'd like the concept of an unforgiving biosphere where the player must always understand their place as prey if it were executed well, but being forced to repeat an area four and five and six times after you've "got it" because you died too many times "getting it" isn't entertaining to me.

Wow, I can see why he's hated.

Nah he's really speaking for everyone.

I know, right? He's deluded, think he's somehow popular, and reacts violently to people telling him to fuck off, while thinking he's important enough to get dedicated haters.
Just like DSP, but DSP has the decency to not advertise himself here, so recluse is actually worse than phil.

The proof is that your place is in a god damned psychiatric ward at least for a year or two.

Just report and ignore that damn lunatic. He's part of the retards who think that "being yelled at" = "being popular".

Just report the faggot. Discussion has obviously strayed from the thread topic and janitors will generally oblige with deletions and better when posts are obviously off topic and receive a sufficient amount of reports. Report. Report.

Is AI War /indie/ or /civ4xg/?

I'd be fine with its discussion here but you might have a higher chance of quality discussion over at /civ4xg/, if they consider it within their purview.

I'm asking here because /civ4xg/ only talks about Stellaris I'm not sure if it's really a RTS, given the assymmetrical system.

>recluse got pwned

Yep, it's done.

you guys are so nice...

The irony here is that I can't tell whether it was him being a faggot or someone falseflagging as him, since he wasn't using a trip, but most people like him refuse to use a trip because they think everyone'll immediately assume they're a gigantic faggot. Welcome to Veeky Forums, where no matter what you do you end up a faggot. Anyway, let's move on and stop obsessing over offtopic shit.

Arcen Games are the only developer whose games I've ever purchased out of charity because their studio is a treasure and one of the few that (was) consistently trying new and interesting genre blends, even if they never went anywhere. Hopefully AI War 2 keeps them funded long enough to make a bunch more weird shit.

>tfw too much of a brainlet for AI war

to be fair 99% of people who use trips are gigantic faggots

>tfw too much of a slowlet for Starward Rogue

Let's make that 100%. If you feel the need to be recognized for any reason with proof to back it up, you shouldn't be posting on an anonymous image board. For content creators, leakers, and whistleblowers who absolutely must have an ID there are much better places to whore themselves out.

Nah. I hate when outsiders come to whore their shit, but if someone from /indie/ makes a channel that's sufficiently geared towards /indie/'s sensibilities then I don't mind if they put on a trip (to prevent falseflagging) and post their shit every once in a while. I've met numerous people over the years on Veeky Forums who ended up bringing their respective niche together for some fun times, and I'm thankful I wasn't autistic enough to let a sparingly used tripcode interfere with that.

That's dumb and you know it. Sometimes a trip is useful, even if it's not absolutely necessary.
>inb4 tripfag

how is ELEX?

Uurnog Unlimited will be comfy

Absolute shit.

Elaborate.

>DD
>Installed Lamia and Falconer mod class
>every single menu interaction now has a 5 second lag spike
>haven't even recruited a mod hero
Any fix for that?

do you count uninstalling the mods as a fix?

b-but /v/ say that is good

That's what I did and that worked.
But still a bummer.

Are this three bitches (mantis lords) optional or not? I just beat the soul master and cameback to the mantis village and found out them. I was doing fine then when i beat the first one TWO more came and attacked me at the same time, i said fuck it. It seems i am too weak for now.

You can do them later after you get some sword upgrades.
That said, their patterns are really simple if you keep your cool.

Pretty sure they are mandatory.

Share your stuff, that's fine. But using a trip because you are worried about falseflagging? That's laughable. How much harm can falseflagging do? It's part of what Veeky Forums is, everyone here knows it. Let your words and content prove your identity, and if someone falseflags subtly enough to believably muddy it up then roll with it or call him out. Or if you can't handle it take your shit elsewhere.

Your opinion is illogical and there's no reason for anyone to take heed of it. If a poster is going to be forgoing their own anonymity anyway in the process of posting something identifiable then there's no cost incurred by adopting a trip for the duration of that communication.
>just let yourself get falseflagged it's part of chan culture bro
Fuck that, that's stupid and you're stupid for thinking it.

>It's part of what Veeky Forums is
Just like tripfagging then.

Yes, and they are still attention whoring faggots who should be treated as such.

I heard Hollow Knight got Two DLC's. Is it worth going back to it for them?

did u rike gaem? u get more game prae gaem
u no like gaem? no prae gaem

I did.

so prae more game baka gaijin u get dee err cee

Expedition?

>Expedition?
never

¿uoiʇipǝdxƎ

>tfw reading project phoenix's latest update on KS
I backed 25 dollars but that was like 3 or 4 years ago, so the loss doesn't even bother me anymore. Sometimes I wonder if the guy is going to end up killing himself one of these days.

>stop metagaming and just fucking do it instead of reading up on spoilers.
This game fucks you in the ass if you dont metagame

He is infamous

>backing anything ever

No they said its """"""comfy""""""

I backed LWA so that one was worth it. These two things are pretty much the only things I've backed.

How useless

How the fuck does it fuck you in the ass? Are you still mad that not doing quests locks you out of content?

Arcen is the embodiment of nice ideas that are poorly used and not very polished.

There's a difference?

Depends on how much of a suckling manchild you are.

guys, i'm dying

Good.

have you no compassion for me

This is Veeky Forums.
No mercy, no love, no laugh, no tolerance. Only marching and heiling, heiling and marching.
And so we march on, trampling on the rights of others, for our education is complete.

I'm on my deathbed, /indie/. Tell me expedition will be out soon.

i'm sorry, it won't
bye

i just want some good vidya i can sink time into, but nothing holds my attention...
what do

Redhook confirms they're going to be making another game after Darkest Dungeon.

darkestdungeon.com/welcome-to-the-new-official-darkest-dungeon-website/

>Our needs have changed over the lifespan of Darkest Dungeon and this new site should better help facilitate the needs of our community now as we move towards our third DLC and ultimately towards our second game (yes.)!

Dead Cells.

Watch that and get hyped : youtube.com/watch?v=6vLrTNKk89Q

I have high hopes for that remaster. Must dumb the game down just enough to make it fun.

my problem is, i want some """"comfy"""" game with feeling of progress.
I don't even know how to describe it.
Progression that is not too fast nor too slow, not a grind but makes you feel good after achieving something.
like... i really had fun with dungeon keeper when i was a kid, black$white, populous etc.
building games, management, survival...
games became alien to me, what is happening?
everything looks so uninspired and forced, there's no passion behind it anymore.
i don't think that's what you wanted to post, and if it is then i don't know what you mean

My bad. That was the reference in .
I meant to post a video of the System Shock remaster game. Not very /indie/, but damn.

am i really a nostalgiafag if i say games were better in the past?
Every day i see this industry go lower and lower...
If only i could make a game

Renowned Explorers? Dungeon of Dredmor? Windward? Rebuild 3? Rebel Galaxy?

It's a different approach. Back then, players had low standards for games, so anyone could make a game, sell it, and it'd work.

Nowaday, video games became mainstream, so they need to be more beautiful, more fun, more everything. It cannot afford to be about Monty Mole fleeing from England, it has to be something deep, with an expensive engine who must be fun, and token minorities to cater to SJWs who will whine and cry but never actually buy it.

TL;DR : normies ruined it.

EXPEDITION SOON

Feeling better? Don't die, user.

>Renowned Explorers?
Meh.
>Dungeon of Dredmor?
Meh.
>Windward?
Kinda like it, despite it being slow and kinda unfun.
>Rebuild 3?
Looks like a phone game.
>Rebel Galaxy?
Kinda like that one too.

I must have shit tastes.

Honestly, no. Games weren't better. They were different. And they often looked so shit that when they actually did something cool with AI, you were surprised, because you didn't expect it, and nobody has done it before. The choices and AI in games like Deus Ex or Vampire the Mascerade are objectively not that impressive, and it has been done better many times, often with more user freindly approaches or beter engines.
Not to mention how there is a severe survivor bias at play. It's just like how "music was better X years ago, here are examples", but you don't actually remember all the shit music, just the ones that people remember because they were the best.

Honestly, the biggest dead end modern games have shoveled themselves are "realistic graphics". This is both unattainable, and undesirable, but it skyrockets the developement cost, which leads to shorter and/or more heavily monetized games. If it weren't for indies, nobody would make games that actually look good.

>TL;DR : normies ruined it.

>Dungeon of Dredmor?
not really my thing...
>Renowned explorers
looks weird... is it fun?
>Windward
looks okay but i don't want to be forced to multiplayer
>Rebuild 3
mhmmm, looks kinda... like a mobile game?
i dunno bro
>Rebel Galaxy
I don't know.. is it fun?
I used to play Elite Dangerous but it was not really that interesting besides the esploration..
am i just a faggot?