Asymmetrical Slasher Series General /assg/

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical multiplayer slasher game where 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them.
deadbydaylight.com
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>What is Friday the 13th?
A slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one.
f13game.com

>What is Last Year?
In development. Class based with weaker killers. Beta Delayed yet again.
lastyearthegame.com

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (DbD)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/16/1480982338946530500/

>Skill Check Simulator (DbD)
www.mistersyms.com/tools/gitgud/

Is t-that a dead thread?:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xARuKga39NY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

None of their moderators ever communicate like a normal adult doing their job would, they're always too busy giving a witty or sassy response.

What's the next killer and why will it be terrible or nerfed into the ground within a week?

>What's the next killer
Hopefully something original

And it will be terrible with no way to deal with pallets

so this is the power of the trapper....
He was pretty cool actually

Huntress is still fun to play. Maybe they could allow survivors to sabo lockers.

I want to take her hatchets and throw it at her.

Nothing will ever be worse than Mu-"Works on my machine"-rf

Only once per game though. That way it's balanced :-)

>There are actual people who want survivors to leave the game completely
Do you understand you'd have no one to "bully"?

Huntress is a nice original design, free, and deals with pallets pretty well.
I want an original killer as well, but I kind of wonder what the chances of Pennywise actually making it into the game are. The various hints BHVR has dropped are a little weird, even if they could just be them messing around since everybody knew it was going to be Freddy.

Is Michael an actual madlad or just lonely and bitter?

>Wanting another licensed killer for the devs to shit on

LF is barely better than wraith and Freddy is now the objectively worst killer in the game

He's just a man with a hobby.

>This one eurotrash who can't stop popping a boner for myers

is the discord still vagina free?

To be fair hes the only killer that cares about his appearance.

youtube.com/watch?v=xARuKga39NY

What do people think of this guy?

It's dead as fuck.

LF is a mean camper. He's basically a personified Borrowed Time counter. Little is more satisfying than melting through the four health states of two survivors after a BT save. He's arguably a bigger basement monster than even the Hag.
And I love his design in game. The most true-to-character out of the 3. The masks you can collect are a really cool extra feature.
Freddy has some interesting starts that still work very well against most random rank 1 lobbies. Still the best slugger to abuse Knock Out in the game, he is arguably the best 3 gen staller with Doc and his end game can be more obnoxious and strong than any other killer's. His character design is not amazing but not a let-down either. Some cool effects and aesthetics. Only the survivor was a let-down. I actually enjoy the map as killer and survivor.

Myers is actually ahead of the pack of mid tier killers imo (so Trapper, Doc, LF - Freddy is lower mid tier, Wraith is low tier), his skill set and add-on kit give him a lot of gameplay value. But Myers has a lot of weird stuff about his design. Custom soundtrack is cool but could be better. His walking animation is weird as shit. And he shouldn't make any sound when stunned imo, it would fit him a lot better to just be silent all the time.

All in all I think they've done a pretty good job with their licenced killers so far. They aren't very strong like Nurse/Billy, but they aren't underpowered either. Freddy is in a weird state right now and he will most likely get some touch-ups in the future. The animation freeze when pulling someone into the dream world is apparently a bug for example.
LF is the neglected intermezzo...he should be getting adjustments (his add-ons especially) but who knows when and if that will ever happpen. He can still be ridiculously strong as a camper, and it's not like he gets bullied without camping. Get too close and you die.
Myers needs some improvements with the design aspect, but his gameplay is in a pretty good spot.

>Myers is actually ahead of the pack of mid tier killers imo
Your opinion is shit.

The active people are mostly american so they’re still at work or school.

This. Is just they boys now, which is what they always wanted anyway.

He has a weak early game, but his kit is pretty amazing. EWI terror radius can give you a free hit or even grab to start the game off. Low terror radius in EWII without any drawback is incredibly valuable. What people think of as "sneaking up on a survivor" in gameplay terms effectively means a huge advantage in the mathematics of the chase:
A Trapper approaches a survivor and they start running when they hear terror radius. Now Trapper has to catch up to the survivor over a distance of up to 32m. Since he catches up at 0.6 meters per second, that shit takes 53 seconds just straight-lining after a survivor (ignoring Bloodlust for simplicity of explanation). Myers only has 16m. That's obviously half the time, which is close to half a minute of walking saved every time you approach someone.
Now obviously survivors don't start running immediately and they don't just run away in straight lines either, but on average the time saved due to being able to get closer to survivors to start the chase off is incredible. Plus with M&A his terror radius is now 3 times as small as that of a regular killer with M&A. So up to three times the time saved.
And then he has that one-down ability that is incredibly useful both in a chase and while defending objectives. In a chase you can 99% EWIII and make sure you activate it when you can get the hit. And even if you've already activated it or mistimed it, you have a hueg lunge and ridiculously fast faults. That combo wins chases fast.
Around hooked or slugged surivors you can snowball real fast with EWIII.
His low terror radius also makes him particularly good with Nurse's Calling.
His add-on set is also powerful and has the potential to mix up his playstyle and strategy more than most other killers.

Myers on paper is above Trapper, Doc, LF, Fred, Wraith. His design just needs a few touches. The prestige only looks good on the mask, his body texture is weirdly polygonal, his walking animation is as if he has no knees.

Rather have a slow sausage party discord than epin grrrlgamers (literally ratched) attention whoring and filling it with nonsense.

Other than that vampire idiot bitch, of things which never happened.

>Myers has no knees
They should give Michael that graceful stroll from H1.

They also need to remodel the mask/face after middle aged William Shatner

I feel like people underestimate just how useful a tiny AF terror radius really is.

Sure it hurts him as far as having map pressure goes, but when you're able to consistently get up people's ass without them even noticing you, it really balances that out.
I can't count how many times people have flat out walked out in front of me, not knowing I was there.

He's also the only character that can one-shot people while carrying someone without NOED, which I think is absolutely worth mentioning.

If you ever feel bad about yourself, remember that you are not Dwight Fairfield.
>loser
>bullied in highschool
>still the loser and still being bullied in the office
>pass out on the woods
>wake up only to find himself in a never ending loop of suffering

It is simple. Michael is the best killer if you have a high IQ and can rely on outsmarting survivors over mechanically checking things as fast as possible (like nurse and billy)

People who dont realize how good Myers is are the literal brainlet killers who cant imagine playing a killer who cant cross the map in 10 seconds

>they start running when they hear terror radius
Not rank 1 survivors, those guys fix gens right in your face, plus, his smaller terror radius only useful on maps with a lot of cover for him, since it's pretty easy to see him coming.
>hueg lunge
I keep hearing about his huge lunge, yet I don't see any sources. It's not mentioned in the game.
>That combo wins chases fast
Only if survivors vault, most of the time they pallet loop.
>Myers on paper is above Trapper, Doc
No

The only person who’s left that I wish would come back is the leaf, and they were one of the boys anyways.

Those are really dumb survivors.

>Trapper is better than Myers

Brainlet detected

Nice arguments, faggot

Yeah, having people that create OCs for \assg\ was so much worse than watching have a couple of obnoxious keklords have shit bantz.

They are just as good as yours. Actually, a pretty detailed case for Michael has been made and you just asserted Trapper is better with literally no support.

>brainlets lack the insight to realize their hypocrisy

>ichael is the best killer if you have a high IQ
requesting killer board based on player IQ

>dumb survivors

This is something I take advantage of a lot.

Someday I hope I can.

I'm making more as right this minute.

>Someday I hope I can.
Get a backbone and you can

The good ones still make oc though, what are you on about?

>those guys fix gens right in your face
And then get hit. I play rank 1 all the time, as killer and survivor, of course they don't just start running away once they hear terror radius, but they definitely do not sit at the gen until the killer rounds the corner.
Most of the time they start walking after a few seconds of terror radius, trying to get behind cover to stealth it out and check for the killer's approach. Can't do that nearly as well against Myers. Next to impossible against M&A Myers. And if they do stick around, that's risky and like I said, makes the chase a lot more efficient for the killer with no catching-up to do.
>I keep hearing about his huge lunge, yet I don't see any sources
So what you're saying is you have never actually played as Myers and still dare to argue with me about how good he is?
It's very apparent when playing Myers and having more than 50-100 hours of killer experience to notice that his EWIII lunge is longer. It's also mentioned on the wiki.
>Only if survivors vault, most of the time they pallet loop.
You serious? Good survivors use more windows in a chase than pallets. They are regularly combined for the most chase value, Myers fast vaults makes playing those setups a lot easier.

I dunno what to tell you, he has an ability that directly, tremendously improves his chase, which is the most important thing an ability can do. And the he can abuse that ability to camp as well, and has a lower terror radius that makes his camping more effective (survivors come closer before realizing you are by the hook, you can counter Borrowed Time by standing some distance away from the hook) and his chasing more efficient (half the distance to catch-up to a survivor on compared to regular killers).
He also has good builds and perk synergies as well as add-ons.

The only reason why he's not top tier but between top tier and mid tier is because he has to deal with pallets regularly and invest some time into using his ability.

It's way more complicated than that, other wise I would.

But I'm not going to shit up the thread with my baggage.

They were at least pleasant people to talk to.

Myers, Wraith - 130
Trapper, Hag, Nurse - 120
Huntress, Cannibal, Freddy I guess - 110
Doctor, Hillbilly - dribble tier

>arguing about something yet not even bothering to give it a simple google search

"Lunge

Lunge is a feature unique to the Killers in Dead by Daylight

The Lunge Mechanic momentarily (for 0.3 seconds) increases a Killer's base Movement Speed to 150% in order to give them a longer reach when they charge their primary attack (default: M1) by holding down their primary action button.

Trivia

The Nurse has an increased post-blink lunge, which is the longest lunge in the game.
The Shape on Evil Within III is granted an additional step during the lunge animation, giving him a longer lunge range."

> It's not mentioned in the game.

There are a LOT of things in this game that happen that aren't mentioned.

>The good ones still make oc though
>Image relaying thier personnal feeling of superiority over othere based on colour for the 500000th time
>Good oc
It was funny the first few times you see it, but it gets tiresome fast and I wouldn't call that good

>a pretty detailed case for Michael has been made
No. Read my post again, retard. He can sneak up on people only if the map is good for him (and there is only 1 map like this). Most of the time his small terror radius is irrelevant. If survivor can use his eyes and ears properly, Myers is not a problem. Myers is the killer who feeds off survivor's mistakes.
He also claimed that Myers is better than doc or trapper, without explaining why, he never even spoke about them or revived their powers, he has made baseless claims, yet you defend him and bark about my hypocrisy, when you can't even read, you mongoloid. When did said that Trapper is better than Myers, you retard? Why do you think that disagreeing with a claim that MM is better than Trapper means I think that Trapper is better?

Just dropped a bunch of points on the huntress, can I get tips for her? what addons are the best?
also fuck RNG

His mask is ok to me despite not being OG. And they most likely don't have the rights to change it now anyway.
Definitely needs some texture and animation touch-ups tho.

Yes that is of note as well. Nobody will bodyblock a EWIII Myers, so no risk of getting blocked on your way to a hook. Even trying to drop a pallet on him while he's picking someone up is risky because he could potentially get a quick slash in.

And the terror radius not scaring people away from gens is not really a drawback. Good survivors don't run away from initial heartbeat anyway, but after a few seconds. I would rather they keep working on the gen for a couple more seconds than start running, because the closer proximity I get in the chase thanks to it or even the free hit to start off the chase is way more time efficient than the few seconds of gen progress I don't deny by having a smaller terror radius.

I'm just starting this game, any tips for playing Huntress?

>Excuse me, but is the game over?
>Trapper will get the ball back with his tremendous defense.

Trapper literally has easily spotted traps that people just farm for BP. Michael's powers are infinitely better.

You can still talk to them.
Obviously wasn’t what I was referring to but there’s nothing wrong with that either.

Berus Toxin is bretty gud to prevent people from using perks that uses exhaustion, decrease hatchet cooldown is really good too.

General tip is don't rely on your M1 so much, her lullaby is about twice her terror radius so survivors will start hiding once they hear you, perks that tracks survivors work really well.
Alternatively you can run hex perks and just protect them so survivors come to you.
Chase them around but get ready to throw hatchets when they look like they're going through a window or drop a pallet, those animations are best for getting a hit.

Survivors also like to literally go up to your face to avoid your hatchets and it is pretty hard to hit them when they circle around you. However, you can unarm hatchets and just hack them with your axe.

>He can sneak up on people only if the map is good for him (and there is only 1 map like this).
Another statement that makes me doubt you play the game at all. The vast majority of gens are tucked away in places where you do absolutely not have 360° vision on distance. Getting closer to people on gens thanks to smaller terror radius is the norm on most maps, not the exception.
>Why do you think that disagreeing with a claim that MM is better than Trapper means I think that Trapper is better?
uwot. So you think they are on the same level? Such an argument would be incredibly hard to make, because "equally strong" requires way more nuance of argument than saying one is better than the other.

I won't write another 5 walls of text to explain what I think about those killers I consider Myers to be above. My opinion is still the same. Other opinions are possible. I don't think it's even possible to say objectively how good a killer is, because it depends on so many elements, some of them random, in any given game.

>tfw no workshop ever so I can't make better animations for Mike and Fred in my spare time

>And the terror radius not scaring people away from gens is not really a drawback.

I don't think so either, but it gets brought up a lot when talking about it, so I think it was worth addressing.

Deerstalker is pretty good so you can drop a survivor and chase another one, you can usually find another survivor trying to heal the downed one. I personally prefer Deerstalker over Nurse's Calling since NC only shows the aura of people while healing.

Lullaby is pretty good for stalling the game and have survivors regress the generators themselves.

>And then get hit
No, since they have SB. Plus, gens have pallets or windows, so they can escape.
>Most of the time they start walking after a few seconds of terror radius, trying to get behind cover to stealth it out and check for the killer's approach
Maybe ninjas like kaz, but not rank 1 tryhard survivors.
>Can't do that nearly as well against Myers. Next to impossible against M&A Myers
On most maps people can see him coming a mile away, survivors also can hear his breathing, which is pretty loud too.
>wiki
I don't trust wiki, it can be edited by anyone, even without making tests. I heard a lot of claims about killer's lunges and I don't trust them.
>You serious? Good survivors use more windows in a chase than pallets
That's not true. They do use windows, yes, but not nearly as much as pallets. MM needs his ew3 too, since ew2 bonus is really small.
>you can counter Borrowed Time by standing some distance away from the hook
If you're not in a chaise, since then his terror radius becomes bigger with M&A.
>half the distance to catch-up to a survivor on compared to regular killers
Only against ninjas.

>guy leaving the game when the gates are open
why do killers do this? just give me my 5k points you cuck

Play leatherface until you get BBQC then start playing huntress.

You get your 5k if the killer leaves.

I am convinced this guy just is terrible at Myers because he has no creeper game and is trying to justify his poor showing to himself.

>places where you do absolutely not have 360° vision on distance
You don't need so much vision. Myers needs to go around rocks and structures, he can't just go in a straight line and be covered all the time. If survivors can use their eyes, they can see Myers just fine.

>Anyone who doesn't agree with me is bad at the game

I want to learn to Billy. What are good perks and addons to use on him to learn? I want to be asssaw supreme that 4k's every game.

>Trapper deletes pallets at sanic speed
>Check perks after game
>No BS

>No, since they have SB. Plus, gens have pallets or windows, so they can escape.
Not everyone has SB, but the argument stands, they still have less distance on you if they sprint away or go for the gen/window later. It's still a distinct advantage compared to other killers.
Besides, the pallet(s) around the gen is gone after 1 approach, and they get no looping value out of it either if you get close, whereas other killers might not even get them to waste that pallet, let alone prevent them from looping it.
The time value of Myers' low terror radius is undeniable. It's not guaranteed, but it's impactful on average.
>but not rank 1 tryhard survivors
I play rank 1 all the time. Not only is rank 1 full of scrubs, but even good survivors do the same thing.
Stealthing after a few seconds of terror radius until found or left or being able to make an escape is the best thing to do most of the time.
>On most maps people can see him coming a mile away
No.
>survivors also can hear his breathing, which is pretty loud too
I have never heard Myers breathing while working on a gen.
>I heard a lot of claims about killer's lunges and I don't trust them.
Play a round of Myers before you come back here and have an argument about Myers with me pal.
>They do use windows, yes, but not nearly as much as pallets.
Scrubs. Good survivors use windows probably twice as often as pallets in a chase. Pallets are a wasteful resource, windows are not.
>If you're not in a chaise
You can prevent being in a chase. If you chase someone up to a hook, turn around and disengage, chase will break after a second.
But M&A was not part of the argument. You can stand 16m away from the hook save without triggering BT, instead of 32m.
>Only against ninjas.
It's not always literally half the time, but always a good couple of meters. Again, mathematics of chase. Catching up at .6m/s is painful as fuck, any meter less of catching-up is worth its weight in salt.

>I don't trust wiki, it can be edited by anyone, even without making tests. I heard a lot of claims about killer's lunges and I don't trust them.

That's a fair enough opinion to have, but I can absolutely assure you that EW3's lunge is much longer than the standard lunge.

You can see how much distance I traveled in the webm, there is no doubting it.

Yeah his lack of map presence (which is primarily having no increased mobility, but I guess his low terror radius factors in to that to extents) is also part of the argument why he's not quite top tier.

Saved up some BP should i invest in leveling Hag for Ruin, Nurse for Calling or Leatherface for Franklins? Secret 4th option power up my myers more.

What rank is this? I honestly can't believe you have all these dumbass survivors in ranks higher than 15

Higher rank is full of shit survivors, all you need to pip is to do 1-2 gens, drop a pallet and go for unhooks, then you can just die and you're fine.

If you play Doc, Leatherface. Otherwise, Nurse.

Rank 4 I think.

And seeing all the stupid thing I witness while playing survivor, I absolutely believe it.

It honestly may have to do with the time I play.

A lot of these webms were from early morning (Atlantic Time) games, maybe different levels of skill are on at different times of the day?

>Not everyone has SB
Most of them do. It's a part of the meta since the inception of the game, and the most picked survivor perk. I've seen more people with deja vu than rank 1 survivors without SB.
>It's still a distinct advantage compared to other killers
You don't get it, that's what tryhards do all the time, they don't run away from you as further away, as possible, since they get a ton of points by pallet play. They don't need to run away, since they're confident in their chase game, so wasting your time is a much better tactic for them. Survivors can also pallet loop Myers much longer if he's in ew1, since his speed and lunge are shit.
>No
Yes
>I have never heard Myers breathing while working on a gen
I did. His breathing is pretty loud, it's not Wraith's tier, but still it give you a clue that he's close. It's maybe a little bit bigger than his ew1 terror radius, since I heard his breathing before hearing his terror radius.
>Pallets are a wasteful resource
They're also give you a ton of points and you can't really mindgame pallet looping, unlike some window plays.

>Killers have to kill to pip
>survivors don't have to survive to pip
Explain this

Frogs are retarded.

How common is it to see houses with nothing around them on haddonfield?

>get hooked
>david killed himself in the basement already
>am waiting for rescue
>no mither claudette steps in a trap but frees herself
>nea doesn't come to rescue me despite this
>nea repairs a gen
>points at me
>starts running around and trying to find claudette
>nea waits till i'm halfway into struggle to rescue me
>first disarms a trap that he could have avoided
>killer is already back and downs me in no time
>die

Why are Nea players cunts?

I thought ruin was 100% required perk every game? I don't like chance perks myself but everyone seems to praise it.

Because people cried about how boxed in Mike's house was so the frogs changed it.

About as common as houses with 4 goddamn pallets in it.

>thought ruin was 100% required perk every game?
Why would it?
On almost all killers you're not going to be able to protect it and odds are it'll get blown up in the opening minute of the game.
Then you have a dead perk, and for what?

>4 goddamn pallets

How do survivors have enough BNPs there can be 1-3 pretty much every fucking game you play as killer

>I've seen more people with deja vu than rank 1 survivors without SB.
Are you fucking serious? Fuck it's hard to take you serious. SB use at rank 1 is not even 15% you idiot. Devs stats have shown us this. Even tryhard survivors use other Exhaustion perks. Sometimes none. And it's STILL better to have them sprint away right in front of you than from 10 meter away. Sprint Burst itself only gives the survivor like 5 meters distance.
>They don't need to run away, since they're confident in their chase game
Yes but the closer you are to them the less options they have, the earlier they need to use pallets, the faster you will get a hit in.
It's simple maths, and it works in the game. Why do you think does everyone use M&A on Myers if smaller terror radius didn't help them got closer to survivors than they do with other killers?
If you don't get "closer to survivor = less time spent chasing" I have no argument left to make and will leave you with your ignorance.
>I did. His breathing is pretty loud
Even if that was true (I don't believe it), it's still only a couple of meters. I highly doubt his breathing is audible before his EWI terror radius. And once in EWII it doesn't matter anyway. You're still getting twice as much (or three times with M&A) proximity before survivors even think about moving.
>They're also give you a ton of points and you can't really mindgame pallet looping
I don't want to argue with you anymore. It's useless.
Watch some good survivors play. Count how many times they vault a window vs. drop a pallet.
This is ridiculous. The survivor doesn't even have to vault a window for Myers' fast vaults to be useful, because most jungle gyms have windows that you can vault to cut the survivor off or mindgame them without them having to rely on the window (which good survivors however absolutely do).

savefile hack
spending all your bps on your p3 main going for bnps

You'd be surprised how common BNP are. Also, when you prestige survivor, his bloodweb will have a higher chance of generating rare or ultrare stuff.

Ruin is a gamble that if you are lucky, you stop the game for a little bit so you can get a hook or two before gens get done, and if you aren't, you've wasted a perk slot. I run it 90% of the time because most times the gamble itself is stronger then other killer perks.

Are SWF groups who all run full meta and still get team wiped feel shame and embarrassment because that's not a replacement for skill, or do they just shrug and go back to the circlejerk believing the killer somehow played unfairly?

You know the answer.

>Someone is teabagging at the gate entrance
>Snip them from almost the other gate basically
>Catch up before they can crawl out
>They rage in the post game chat

My dick is literally hard right now, my own regret is not recording the snipe.

It's the house with a generator in the basement, that place has two pallets and sometimes the basement spawns in the house with the weird ass paintings with a pallet inside it and a pallet in it's garage. Thats 4.

>i reported you
the absolute state of survivors

>Claudette teabagging next to exit so if I hit her she will escape automatically
>She let me build ew3 on her not realizing the danger
>grab and kill her right on the threshold of the exit

Why is Michael the perfect killer and lover?

This happened to me (except the teabagging part I don't do that shit, was just waiting on other survivors) but luckily when he knocked me down it pushed me over the line and let me go

about as common a long hedge or fence that cucks you out of hooking someone.

>See a clear swf with 2 running the same name and the exact same outfits
>Put on a mori
>After mori'ing the first the others are so afraid of you they just kill themselves on the hook and this is the end screen
>Have to act like they still won, somehow

Survivors were a mistake

Survivors who try to act like losing an item or offering is the biggest deal ever are hilarious. I had a pretty similar situation