/(n)ssbg/ - (New) Super Smash Bros. General

/(n)ssbg/ is a general exclusively for the Super Smash Bros series (64, Melee, Brawl, Smash 4) as well as any mods (B-, PM, etc.)

Last thread: tags: /fgg/ /feg/ /nintyg/

>Before asking questions on improvement, check out this guide:
bombch.us/CP-b

>Netplay
Find matches in the thread or on smashladder.com/
All resources and guides for netplay can be found here: smashladder.com/help/netplay-guides

>Additional Resources
pastebin.com/UeBW2f6j

>Mods
pastebin.com/1U7s1ErM

>Current Tournaments

Smash 4 BootCamp
smash.gg/tournament/smash-4-boot-camp/nomination

>Official /ssbg/ Wikia - Feel free to add a page using the templates.
supersmashbrosgeneral.wikia.com/wiki//ssbg/_Wiki

>""Official"" Discord(s)
discord.gg/EM2JgB8
or
discord.gg/pSmqNDB

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/kinmoza_karen/status/930052659628740609
youtube.com/watch?v=PUmIQaeZSIQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Discord links

NO

Reminder to never join any discord links posted here, they don't play smash games anymore and and has devolved into circlejerks and drama

uwo

Oh shit that's still being developed? Neat christmas theme

>Boney turned into a woman

what did she mean by this?

>still having /fgg/ and /feg/

wew

Youre talking about Veeky Forums, vkend plays smash every day and theyre drama free

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand the veekend discord. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of meme and layers of irony most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Spooky’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from gay literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Spooky truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Spooky’s existential catchphrase “post feet,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Sigmund’s Austrian epic Three Essays on the Theory of Sexuality.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Genocide Jack tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kids.

what are those retarded tags in the OP for

Reminder

twitter.com/kinmoza_karen/status/930052659628740609

Reminder that shulk is a nerd

Why is Lucario so Shit?

Is she more bullshit than cloud?

Dead game

who /1v1/ here?
wii u

This game is garbage

why so dead /(n)ssbg/

Fuck off rakyy

Which one is the best smash rivalry ?

Me vs You

Definatly no

>Witch Time
>Not bullshit

You can just grab Cloud and beat him

stop pressing buttons like a fool and you won't get witch timed

Oh, I thought you were talking about Lucina. Yeah Bayo is defiantly more busted.

>Lucina
That's a shit, not bullshit, character

Chillindude vs Leffen

Rude

Why is this tagged /ninty/?
We've been making it through 750 posts recently so we don't need it thanks.

I farted and shulk came out

How imbalanced is Brawl?

>that first wiff
As a WFT main, I cringed hard.

>/nintyg/
what

i just wanted some game boy color game recs what is this

then why is a thread not up

The guy that fucks dogs isnt around

Someone make a proper thread.

But Nintendo is related to smash

How do I fight that slut Bayonetta as Duck Hunt?

Bitch has an answer for all my moves.

I want /nintyg/ back so I can discuss bitcoin

I think you're pretty much fucked, only strategy is to outskill your opponent and counter

I did it! I killed the witch.
I just watched some Youtube videos and administered a bob-and-weave strategy. Her side-B is fucking ridiculous though.

I haven't played Smash in over a year and am surprised to still see her in 1st place. Didn't she get some hefty nerfs?

leeerooooooy's our booooooy

It was mainly just her ladder combos that was nerfed. More easily SDi-able, but she can still combo into them from ftilt and dtilt, as well as taking you out from the side instead and such.

I'm so glad this thread is back. The fact that this shit died for a discord which only plays fucking Overwatch is sickening.

Anyway, been learning Ryu for about five weeks. Just pulled this off in an actual match against a human, which after years of competing nationally with Dedede feels pretty good in terms of making progress with an actually viable character. Hoping within a few months my Ryu will start outperforming my Dedede.

play more campy
if she's above you throw out a gunman

You'll do that in a few days

Who revived /ssbg/?

me

What's the best strategy to beat Cloud as Villager? He fucks my aerials

Fuck off nigger revive /3dsg/

Just let the thread die lister

Why did ANTi dropped so hard in terms of skill

Because it is a dead game

It died because no one plays this garbage anymore and stale memes and shitposts that someone wants to keep this zombie of a general around for

Use a better character

No.

Villager is good though, also why do villagers hate fighting cloud?

villager players like to jump
cloud's whole kit is about anti airing you
so rip

Nair beats all of his aerials and Lloid rocket

Then don't jump

exactly but players love to jump

because smash is a fucking platformer

for certain matchups? jumping is very bad
platformer or not jumping is bad

Even the slingshot?

especially the lingshot, so he's pretty much fucked

Have you praised our lord and savior spooky, cucker of moxy, banisher of chronos, redeemer of chazo, today?

nice to see Melee: Freeware Edition is still a thing

>not even discussion about the next Smash or some new type of Nintendo Action/Crossover game
why are you fags so boring?
what do you like to see in Smash and what do you expect to be left out of the next game?
>Sylux
>no stage boss gimmick, Boss Endurance exist jesus

I want Lucina and Corrin gone. No more Mario characters. Don't touch Ganon at all. Make Shulk's fair faster. Instead of making us grind to get Alt. Specials, give us something similar to MKX styles (That's a very smart mechanic they added). Add smash run, do not bring back story mode unless voice acting will be involved. I don't feel like hearing different variations of "hah", "uh", "hoh", and "hyah". Improve the stage creation, and keep the Miis.

I hope Captain Meme uses his gun

>shine keeps hitbox in the air
did they buff fox? lmao

>tags: /fgg/
lol just lol

Definitely not. I've all but mastered Dedede while my neutral game with Ryu is fucking garbage. The viability discrepancy is not nearly enough to offset the experience discrepancy.

RoA?

ok

will there ever be a Smash clone that won't suck ass post-release?

youtube.com/watch?v=PUmIQaeZSIQ

Ryu is hard to learns but you'll get rewarded for that , keep practicing