/nioh/ - Nioh General

Didn't have tenacity The fuck outta here fo I beat you to death with my balls edition

information
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon of the North
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Defiant Honor
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Bloodshed End

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armor/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armor and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armor/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beginner's guide:
pastebin.com/PkSN7nYt (embed)

FAQ:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd (embed)

Smithing text list:
docs.google.com/document/d/1dCPVlyB7avz7yJPzST4_JBSsCTLPaZFm97QwDzTiiu8/edit#

Unique helmet list:
imgur.com/vr1oLWu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ypQLaq9uKU4
youtube.com/watch?v=j18iOJtMHbc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>(embed)

Thanks user

moth wife

>sheath looks like an enormous white dildo
>blade looks like this
ow the edge

I made mine without any embeds but I fucked up the link to the previous thread. You guys gotta get better at this. Make the threads sooner.

I hope you're all having fun.

Coop is fun when the host isnt getting lost

Looks like you just pulled it out of kelley's asshole

And it has the most dissonantly boring item description.

>trying to help a guy find all the giant spiders and kodama in the Spider Castle.
>realize we forgot one in the cave area
>run there assuming he's following like usual
>he's not
>ends up running around for 5+ minutes trying to figure out where I went or how to get to me.

I had to go out and get him because he seemed to have totally forgotten where the entrance to that space is.

SANADA DROP THE FUCKING SMITHING TEXT

D- isn't that great even if it's on an accessory is it?

>OP made a mistake
>so did I
"you guys gotta get better at this"
lol so do you dummy

>make the threads sooner
they were made 20 seconds apart cuck

>Sanada drops a smithing text
>"Japan's Greatest Soldier's armor"
Okay what the fuck is this and should I just take it and move on.

>lol so do you dummy
No, because I'm an avid Veeky Forums user but I almost never make new threads. It's not my thing. I only do it when other people drop the ball and we're on page 10 with 800+ replies.
>they were made 20 seconds apart cuck
That's the point. Make them sooner before dumbshits like us have to swoop in under time pressures to save the day. I'm sure I could do better if I had time to proofread, but I was trying to prevent/avoid the situation where the two threads happen at the same time. That's the last thing anybody wants. But it becomes quite likely if you let us get to page 10. Replace the thread once it starts to autosage. Anything else is stupid.

how rare is hanzo in the abyss? I've done 12 level 4 red boats and not seen him once.

Nice difficulty spike after the first boss. We were fighting her for like 5 mins, did the fucking mitama rage thing and she still had more than half hp. And this is all with looted lvl 24 epic katana. What would i do with my lvl 12 spear, i dunno.

That's the Sanada Crimson set, which until now you could only get by pre-order. It's pretty good. Gives you killing strike, skill damage, ki and crit bonuses and only needs 5 pieces.

Sanada Crimson, it's his armor but with a different and less special set bonus

As follower you can still aggro the giant spider and pick up hiragumo fragments. he doesn't even need to be there.
I'm wondering how you got the one on the tower that you can only get to by going through the cave, without getting aggro on the one in the cave.

>start new file to do hayabusa kusarigama ninjutsu build
>Hayabusa drops armor smithing text on first try
feels good man

>As follower you can still aggro the giant spider and pick up hiragumo fragments
Yeah but I can't do Kodamas.

Anyone know if the Tanuki Kabuto is in the PC version of the game?

Post sexy samurais.

wtf do I level now? odachi babby btw

uh here

20 dex, then maybe 20+ spirit, rest strength or body if you're worried.

wish you could reset levels so you can get the first time reward from them again

Should my Sanada cosplay build just be heart and body to 99

>no dex
Don't you like running fast or having a res?

Strength is an obvious one, isn't that Odachi highest scaling stat?
dex for utility, at least 20. I'd say go up to 30 but if you didn't think it was important enough to get any then you probably won't need to max out your capacity for it. Quick-change is too good to pass up.

>finally got 200 toughness with agility B
Holy shit, why didn't I focus on this before? This is so fucking ___fun

>still no list of every lock in the game throughout all difficulties

We need dataminers

>Nekomata's beans

How many difficulties are there? And does the game change at all other than mobs hit harder and have more HP? As in drops, and enemy locations, etc?
Post build

Where can the Great Chidori Jumoji spear smithing text drop?

Spear Mystic Art Dojo Mission.

Is this as good as it sounds?

Off of the guy who wields it

5 difficulties

Way of the Samurai (normal)
Way of the Strong
Way of the Demon ('red' enemies start to spawn - they have lots of buffs, new moves, bosses also have buffs)
Way of the Wise - New enemy placements on levels, supercharged bosses, more 'red' enemies, shit is hard, your character's build matters from here
Way of the Nioh - the above but on coke and steroids.

A new rarity type can spawn during Way of the Wise & Nioh called Ethereal. It's above divine, can't be crafted, each piece has a unique god-aligned set bonus to truly beef your Wirriam up.

It doesn't apply to the passive buffs red enemies get

aww

MY OH MY

Do you have to do every single mission in the previous difficulty to unlock the next?

No, first 3 regions are auto unlocked with everything in them for each new difficulty. You can do anything you want in them and it adds to a progress bar which unlocks the next region and so on. You probably only have to do 15 or so missions to unlock an entire difficulty and have the ability to go to the next one. I recommend just blazing through WotS and WotD doing stuff that gives you skill point items and such.

There's a progress bar that fills up after you complete missions and the requirements for it have been greatly reduced.

are you guys enjoying the Nioh port on the psvita

you forgot the abyss which takes gear levels up to 130+

>your item box is full
YOU FUCKS

>decide to stop using all light armor
>cant decide on which medium/heavy armor to use
>end up using light armor the entire game

What spirits work best for an honorubru samurai? I haven't seen anything that compliments the playstyle as good as kato yet. Seems weird and lame one of the starter spirits will just be the best one through the whole game.

>try to help people in need
>his game runs at 10 fps therefore it slows my game down as well
>he doesn't even fucking bow to me
>battling the hard as fuck input delay and slowdown
>he one shots everything with 80k damage
>still somehow manages to die

Where do these fucking people come from

I use 9 tails and double up with Spider

Gear level tops off at 150 in way of the samurai / strong, it doesn’t really have anything to do with the abyss.

The abyss is pretty fun, though your progress is gated by what difficulties you have unlocked. I don’t know why they back loaded it so fucking hard though - its 999 floors total but you can only unlock like 5-10 floors at a time until Way of the Nioh where they suddenly drop 970 floors on you.

no no 320 and an extra +130+ levels

looks like you havent even gotten a single divine + yet

You also forgot to mention that if you die in the vicinity of enemies, they now steal your guardian spirit + amrita until you kill them.

You basically wrote “130 and above”, not 320+130. I’m rocking full divines on way of the demon, you just wrote an awkward sentence.

Post grinding music
youtube.com/watch?v=ypQLaq9uKU4

youtube.com/watch?v=j18iOJtMHbc

If someone was to pirate this game, why does it take so long

20mb upload speed takes 3 weeks

Damn, I forgot how much pain in the ass Sawayama Castle was.

I collected only 3 kodamas and game says I need to collect 6 more. I wonder how did I manage to collect every kodama in this place in PS4.

Remember the one that is gotten through a tunnel passage inside a jail cell right before the spiral staircase area. That one is hard because you can basically not even see the tunnel unless you go inside the cell.

Now that's just evil.

I'M READY

Are there any good anime based on stuff that happens in Nioh?

Is there a point to killing revenants after you have divine gear or is it just for waifus?

how does moonlit snow work? in the guide video the slash changes colors and even does a 4th slash. I'm changing stance while doing it, trying to time it correctly or something, but I get nothing. What gives?

>fighting abyss bosses with all the debuffs still on
is there something wrong with me
Sengoku Basara

Reminder that there is absolutely nothing wrong with using WOTW or Red Demon set.

I want to turn into a massive spear fag how do I do this.

>sidenote: Janomecho confirmed for smug fucking moth

For gear? Some might have gear that interests you with certain effects you might want to inherit, because it is cheaper that way. Otherwise you only get incrementally more glory, which is pretty good when you coop a mission with followers and plow through 250 glory revenants every few seconds.

Which gives more glory, yokai realm with partner or the summon coop?

I assume none of those Ninjutsu Damage Bonus, Agility Damage Bonus etc stack? So if I get a good one on an item I should avoid it on other items, right?

Hold it in longer for the full version, if you release it early or don't have the stamina, it does only 3 slashes.

as someone who used 1kat for the whole NG
using odachi in NG+ feels like using 1kat on steroids with less parry, holy shit

Ohh, I got it. Have to hold the button for each slash. Thanks m8.

what is the most cancerous enemy in the game why exactly the yokai wheels

Why is the online so fucked for this? The notes make it seem like they removed or at least reduced the region lock yesterday but it still fails 90% of the time when i try to find a random encounter. I just want to help people and do some fun co-op.

>not the 1 horned 2kat ninja yokai

I guess it depends on your region. I did around 10 coop sessions today and they connected just fine. And this was on PC

>not kunai yokai
>not 4 armed yokai

What the fuck am I supposed to do here??

I think Yokai realm gives more, but also because you always have to do the entire mission while with summon you can get summoned when someone has done most of the mission already.
It also seems like you get way more glory when doing higher difficulty missions.

Yokai realm aka true coop.

Do "A Request From Ginchiyo", it gives on normal difficulty like 4k glory and doesn't require you to kill anything. You just rush to the top of the stairs, open the chest and if the quest item isn't in there you just rush down to the chest in the underground. Takes 30 seconds for 1 run at best or a little under 2 minutes if you got the underground chest. That's 4.000 glory every 2-3 minutes. I don't know if that reward scales with difficulty, but if you play it on way of the nioh you get like 600 million amrita every 3 minutes.

Try to wreck the flying bitch before she slows you and the tengu fucks ur anus

Press A

DROP THE SMITHING TEXT SANADA YOU FUCK I NEED YOUR GODDAMN SPEAR

I've been able to connect just fine since they removed the lock, but for some reason today I got like 8 connection errors in a row, maybe the server's fucked right now

Post objectively the best skin
You know the one

The one anyone likes the most

We can't have that user, I'm trying to get people to have an autism fight, so stop being sensible

When do axes get gud? I switched to a nodachi and it does the same damage but faster.

It's Nobunaga obviously.

Is it common for players to use heavy armor? Seems thats pretty much all the revenants I run into.

Wanna make the most out of the Japan's Bravest set, what are some must have abilities to reforge or temper onto it? I've put attack+ for every inheritble so far.

Kusarigama yoki

Same, I havent seen another light armor user once

they're made out of paper, atleast for me anyway

for me its dual swords players who know how to punish me with a bow

t. Nobunaga