/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Geese Howard DLC trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA
>Patch 1.06
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/5/tekken-7-version-106-update-fixes-frame-rate-drops-caused-by.html
>Patch 1.07
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/20/tekken-7-version-107-update-includes-balance-changes-new-cha.html
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

poo is stored in the buttcheeks

Atp is live

how do you end your rounds? high, mid, or low?

aris drones kill yourselves

throw

Once you hit the 100 hour mark of the DSS vortex your neurons have subtly begun to change. By hour 200 you know nothing but DSS.

Other players simply cannot comprehend the enlightenment that comes with mastering Marshal Law. It is a state of pure zen that is akin to speaking with Buddha. Playing another character is dirtying yourself and must be cleansed by performing a ritual involving hundreds of CH WS4 DSS 3+4,4 loops.

I want ling to hyp2 me into my ass

>have to work my ass off to get back to Destroyer rank with 3 characters again

>constantly posts pictures of Aris

We all know who the real Aris drone is bud

What a stupid question. I bet you're at mentor rank.

What's the general gameplan with Nina, thinking of giving her a go for a while?

spam unga strings and tell yourself you are playing a """hard""" character

Dont worry its easy if youve been at that level already

1+2 grab

I should really throw more in this game

Rushdown and CH hunting

It's easy past Green desu
Blue and bellow is extremely annoying to deal with, I have no idea what people are doing in those ranks and in Yellow it's like blue ranks but more reserved

How garbage are my reactions if I can't react to Kazuya's UF4

run back and wait for a timeout because of stupid rage mechanic making it impossible to go in without being hit with 40% damage armor move.

Losing

I'm going to be pretty fucked when I get to rank where people punish my back 1

>get knocked to the ground once by devil jim and be forced into either eating infinite b4s or taking a 50/50 mixup on tech roll into the same situation
fun character

how do i get out of green ranks?

win against enough people to promote into yellow

oh

You just described every character

If you can't even see it then I'd say you're handicapped, if however you do see it but freeze up then that's perfectly normal.

It's not about reactions, it's about being comfortable with the controls. You'll get it in time

Tell me of at least 5 other characters that have oki that strong.

I've had enough, I need to rank up to Yellow to fight decent players who actually try normal stuff instead of spamming snake edge or 10 strings

The only way is to snake edge myself

*orbital heel*

>he thinks yellow ranks don't spam snake edges
lmao

Every Yellow I fight doesnt, I had a great set with a Vindicator Devil Jin only to have my night ruined again by a Brawler Asuka having rapid fire mode on random buttons

Every character has lows and mids. You're literally whining that you have to guess that

not every character can launch you on wakeup infinitely until you guess right.

t. DVJ main

Learn how to wakeup properly

t. scrub

>learn how to wakeup
you have two choices versus devil jin. either you do anything except tech roll and eat b4 until you do tech roll or you tech roll and get forced into a mixup.

Is Hwoarang a 200 IQ character or a brainlet gorilla? Been thinking about trying him out but honestly I just want some reasons to flush him before I even try him.

>geese howard
>some final fantasy dude
complete trash, thank fuck I didn't buy the season pass

at everything other than the highest level he is a brainlet character. at the highest level you have to be 200 iq to do well with him because of how many opening his strings have in them.

I bet you're ugly

if you mash against me im putting you on a blacklist

hey guys i made myself in the character creator what do you think

how comes I cant asuka counter a bunch of shit feng does?

It's like I can smell him through my screen. Nice job.

if it isn't a punch or kick you dont get a parry. so if he shoulders you it wont parry.

tekken needs TapouT mma shirts

Well fuck. No wonder my friend shoulders so much.

If you block Feng's shoulder you can punish him though.

Taunt Upper
Gets em' every time, like deer in headlights.

>go against blues
>they mash uncontrollably and repeat the same thing over and over
>punish everything
>they still do it
>check profile
>200 hours
are people actually this retarded?

df1 df1 d1 df1 df1 df1

Steve

DUDE GIMMICK CHARACTERS WITH NONSENSICAL MOVELISTS YOU HAVE TO PRACTICE FOR HOURS ON END EVEN THOUGH YOUD RATHER PLAY A FUN CHARACTER INSTEAD LMAOOOOOOOO

>pressure opponent at wall
>he does a gimmick that dodges my high and mid
>die
great fucking game

>go against someone who makes the game drop to 2 bars constantly
>no possible way to block him
>forced to go against him and lose because of unreactables
good shit Harada
this is why everyone hates TTT2

yeah, I hate king too

>play game
>something happen
>me get angry
>throw stone at stonestation
unga dunga

Yet somehow good players consistently win a lot regardless, instead of only randomly losing to gimmick characters for no reason. Pretty weird desu.

/tekgen/ is the true unga bunga

Sry for blog beforehand. I'm currently playing kazuya and got him several times to green rank. But I have this friend who's better than me in every game without even breaking a sweat. He got green rank in the quarter of my time. I'm so stressed, I want to get better. I practice everyday. When playing I try not to "press buttons" but instead duck, punish, low parry and play defensively in general.
But I'm getting fucked, especially this week. I got back to 3rd Dan.
I know this sounds childish but I'm literally crying at the moment. I just want to get better so I can be good at least in Tekken.

Could you guys recommend me some training tips?

blue rank is legitimate cancer
everyone fucking does some gimmick shit over and over
no one backs away after something unsafe, everyone keeps pressing buttons
what the fuck is this
can you only leave blue rank in the first week of Tekken before retards showed up?

You're a brainlet if you literally cant comprehend what your opponents character is doing

just block and punish unsafe shit nigga cmon

Can we cool it with the scrubposting? Nobody cares

>watching aris instead of playing tekken
feels good

160+ moves with a bunch of stances characters meant to fuck with your expectations like Maven, Eddy, Hwoarang, Yoshi, Xiaoyu are the real cancer. You start to realize it once you hit yellow ranks

Yeah no shit, spending your time memorizing all the gimmicks someone like Maven can pull out of her ass is not a skill, it just takes a lot of time

t. gimmick based character main
If you've never had to deal with this it's because your opponent is forced to figure your character out beforehand while you can just do random shit and get away with it
I assume you play someone like Hwoarang or Maven

write down what you're losing to and lab against it
next matches focus on practicing those certain points
don't care about rounds, or games, just focus on learning
ranks don't mean much, if anything you're tilted so you're not making good decisions
breathe in and out
slowly learn and build tekken knowledge

>tfw Aris dropped Tekken for some shitty racing game

You are a moron. Stop replying to me.

Thank you , I'm taking it to heart. I already did this, but I guess seeing how easy it was for my friend I got tilted.
How do you guys practice matchups?
Currently I enter a bunch of strings/setups and put them on shuffle and then try to defend.

you play Kazuya, so pretty much just backdash away and let your opponent kill themselves
if you can't EWGF as Kazuya, don't bother playing him
but since you're in silver ranks, just block till you can successfully do 112 then make him eat a mix up
make sure to stay away from opponents on the floor, you're going against retards. they're going to push buttons guaranteed or do a spring kick, so punish accordingly till they stop

Aris has aspergers, so it's ok

never randomly duck if you dont know exactly what it is you are trying to duck or you'll just get blown up. in general at low ranks the only defense you will need is to learn to backdash and whiff punish. that should carry you to green easily, yellows if you can do more than 2 kbds.

So does Mainman, but one is more likeable than the other.

Who do you play?

asuka

That's kind of a given seeing as he chose Tekken as his career
You have to be on the spectrum to get anywhere with this game

how the fuck do people just mash so much in this game?
some retard does a string
I press 1 so I can so I can stop the retard from mashing and what happens? I eat his 10 frame string instead
or he does some retarded gimmick that ignores my mids and highs
and how the fuck are sweeps unblockable?
I see it coming, I hold db the second I see the motion on this Bryan nigger
and it hits still
maybe because the faggot is at 3 bars
but my god online is so fucking cancerous, I'm at the point that I'm just going to download a trainer and infinite health my way up instead

Guess I hit the nail on the head

hey guys its main man SWE here and im here with another electric guide to become the electric one needs the discipline to master the mishima playstyle and truly it will take years of practicing 8 hours a day to even start to do an electric. please subscribe for more WTF JOSIE IS BROKEN SHE CAN BACKSWAY WHAT 5 LOWS IN A ROW I CANT BLOCK WTF

don't compare yourself to your friend, that objectively doesn't help you other than some negative form of motivation
it's good you're doing the random strings defense
when you try to apply that to a match, don't beat yourself up for not blocking all the snake edges, ducking the duckable strings, punishing those risky moves
choose one thing and focus on it
block each snake edge, don't even worry about punishing because that will come. just recognize and down back. keep doing it and you'll build that reactionary muscle memory
then another time you focus on punishing the snake edges
enjoy the journey of learning and praise your opponent when they have the upper hand
also take breaks

Thank you for your tips.
I can EWGF, sometimes I can pull off a PEWGF punish. I can korean-backdash left and slightly less good right side(still practicing) .
When a opponent is on the floor I either mixup or spam ff+4 to make him stand up.
I wouldn't say that I am near anywhere mastering kazuyas inputs, but I sm not a total scrub. That's what frustrates me, there must be something fundamentally wrong with my playstyle I guess.

Doesn't matter. Calling any character a gimmick character is retarded. You say you are in yellow but we all know you are blue.

I feel like I'm putting more effort into a victory with kazuya at initiate than my Kat at vanguard
whats happening here

kazuya is a hard character to learn the game with. you have to know the matchups with every character including when to duck or step certain strings. when you can punish with electrics or 112 and in general have to just know a lot to get much out of the character. so its probably not that you are playing the game that wrong its just that you lack knowledge that will come in years

STOP POSTING

Hwoarang and Ling are the only valid examples you're giving for what you're saying to be honest. Other characters aren't good enough (and in Maven and Yoshi's case are hard to use) even if you don't know their gimmicks to argue this unless you're literally just not paying any attention at all to what's going on.

I know this feel. Took me like 250 wins to take my Steve to warrior and then I decided to try some Eddy after never having played him before. Got vindicator in 50 games.

gran turismo ResidentSleeper

Thanks again.
I'll try to cool down a bit and spend this week in the lab.

you could say that it is the character but you gotta remember that you have learnt a lot of fundamentals since starting and your reactions are sharper. so part of that 50 wins instead of 250 will be that you just got better at tekken.

Tekken was meant to be a casual game where you could mash some buttons fighting your friend and stuff happens without having to memorize some arbitrary input, you have fun for a bit then move on with your day
They've built upon these move lists so that more fun stuff happens when you mash and they will build upon them until the infinite, you're not supposed to fully comprehend the ins and outs, don't take it too seriously

don't even bother doing any electrics online unless you are guaranteed it (like blocking a RA or someone does some super unsafe move)
and don't bother mixing them up on the floor
again you are in a place filled with retards, not good players. they are going to mash and gimmick you with every single button imaginable
only mix them up at the wall with hellsweep or a fast mid
and also if you block a move that puts you in a crouched state, do ws4 instead of ws12 unless they are extremely unsafe
pretty much in your own ranks, all you really want to do is 11 (finish the string if you get the hits), hell sweep, and ws4
nothing else. there may be nothing wrong with your playstyle because, for the nth time, you're in a pool filled with retard who have no idea how to play. you won't be learning much against characters either than the usual gimmick they throw at you
you're going to be bored for a very long time. honestly the game doesn't get any better till you hit late green.

not true at all. this game is balanced around the highest level of play and they dont care if 3000 win casual player heihachi doesnt understand why he cant get out blue versus string mashers.

Thank you.
I guess I just needed the reassurance that I'm not a total idiot. Even so I can't slack off with just telling myself that I just suck because kazuya is hard.
By the way do you guys have any tips how to improve reaction time?
I usually try to get enough sleep and I stopped drinking caffeine.

the game is balanced around high level play when both opponents are playing at a high level
even then high level players can get fucked up by people who mash and use gimmicks (see a majority of Aris' stream, any Josie/Asuka player, europe players)

Thanks for tip.
I had this feeling, but I thought that everyone in those ranks must be guys like me think that everyone else sucks.

you probably do, don't get your hopes up
silver is nothing, blue and early green is hell

Thanks for the advice.
Yes I guess I'm sometimes ducking without thinking. I can kbd infinitely but I'm often to slow to punish reaction wise.

Which is why someone like Eddy is so hard to rank up with, right? Because it's so easy to understand exactly what he's doing from visual cues with no forehand knowledge?
You can't be serious

My Kazuya is warrior after a lot of work which is why I'm so pissed off when I face some Maven player pretending I'm not even there while she's doing her flowchart low feint gimmicks that you have to have knowledge of beforehand
I have to react, she hardly does