Classic WoW General /cwg/

Change you can believe in Edition

Is this being done by the retail WoW team?
>We’re going to hire people specifically for this job, and we’re going to staff it with people who are interested in bringing back Classic WoW in the best, most authentic way.

When is the release date?
>We actually don't know when we're going to release it. I know that's a generic answer that we give for all of our Blizzard titles, but with this one, we don't actually know how long it will take. This is a massive effort.

>Sources:
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-04-wow-classic-blizzard-answers-some-of-the-big-questions
pcgamer.com/this-is-how-blizzard-plans-to-finally-bring-back-vanilla-wow-servers/

>Vanilla Resources:
db.vanillagaming.org/
vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/Vanilla_WoW_Wiki
realmplayers.com/
vanillaradar.com/

>Guides:
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0

>Private Server if you can't wait (also see /lhg/):
lightshope.org/

>Addons:
github.com/ericraio/vanilla-wow-addons/
github.com/AeroScripts/QuestieDev
forums.crestfall-gaming.com/index.php?/topic/1262-modui-complete-vanilla-ui-clean-but-modern/

previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9DYfx7J_-S0
youtube.com/watch?v=bt40QYYzBQI
a.pomf.cat/gmioxa.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for change

second for change

youtube.com/watch?v=9DYfx7J_-S0

third for change

xth for meldown
youtube.com/watch?v=bt40QYYzBQI

The times they are a-changin

MUH VANILLA purists screech
MUH RETAIL QoL retards moan

And so they waste their energy, getting neither what they want.
Feels good being the veteran player that wasn't vanilla as close as you can get, but understands the benefits of some minor changes.

yep. all these autists clinging onto each extreme, either turn vanilla into legion or absolutely 0 changes. feels good to have a 3 digit iq, as long as the base feel / experience of vanilla is untouched, i don't care if they add some good minor changes. why would people be against a game getting even BETTER?

LOL alex has completely lost it this time

This is effectively 79% of people against the model updates.

alex and his gang of purist cucks
BLOWN
THE
FUCK
OUT

Actually it's 69.6% for

Why are so many people against adding updated character models to vanilla? As long as you could toggle them on and off, and iirc that was an option they offered, there's just no harm in it. Don't like them? Just use the classic models then, it wouldn't affect you in any way. B-but slippery slope! Well, chances are that classic will have some inevitable changes made it whether you like it or not.
Personally I'd go with classic models, but you just know that if they don't add the updated models people will bitch and moan until Blizzard gives in and adds them. Might as well do themselves a favor and add then right away.

As for some other things like, transmog, good god fuck no. Your gear actually was a status symbol in classic. You would probably recognize a player or at least make an educated guess who he is just by catching a glimpse of his gear. If you had a good gear it meant that you most likely were a good player and/or in a good guild.
If you saw a gnome run past you in tight spats and sporting rainbow colours you just knew he was in for a night in AQ40 with all that resistance gear on.

Either way, I hope this whole thing wont turn out to be a huge shit show. I haven't cared about WoW at all ever since I ditched the game during MoP, but the classic announcement got me really hyped. Even getting in touch with old classic/BC friends who are interested in picking up the game again when retail classic goes live.

he's literally going insane
lavos is not in the discord anymore, anywhere else i can listen in?

just join the channel?

no.
NO.
NO!
NO!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NONOONONONONONONONO
NO.
no.....
n-no....

"yes, but with old graphics on by default" is currently the winning option, and combined with "No" it completely crushes the new graphics options.

Adhering to the original aesthetic is clearly the priority for these voters, new models should be as much of an afterthought as the old models are on legion.

Actually it's 69.6% for

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOO IT CAN'T BE HAPPENING

IT- IT CAN'T BE HAPPENING... HOW DID THE CHANGEBULLS WIN? HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW?!?!!!!?!?!?! FUCKING TRADECHAT FUCKING SLUT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *SLAMS DESK* I FUCKING HATE YOU CHANGEBULLS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA JUST LET US PLAY OUR GAME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Lol, you seem upset.

FUUUCCCK NOOOOOO

Nice argument pal

>Either way, I hope this whole thing wont turn out to be a huge shit show.
You're in for a surprise.

It's 69.6% supporting a change, even if that change isn't on by default

>blizz spends years developing bfa lite
>no one plays it
heh, told u kids u didnt want it

>at a steakhouse
>you want a steak
>chef comes out, walks past all the tables, and leaves the building
>asks all the pedestrians outside to fill out a survey on what the customers' steaks should be like
>vegans, vegetarians, 9 year old girls, businessmen, hobos at the bus stop, all fill out the survey
>chef walks back in
>"what'll it be for you today, sir"
>"i'd like a sirloin, medium rare, thank you"
>see your finished steak slide up and sit under a heatlamp
>wait two years
>steak disappears
>?
>server arrives and sets down your plate
>it's a burnt blue-rare ribeye covered in Frank's
>comes with a complimentary falafel ball
>steakhouse closes next month
>all steakhouses in the city close down
>hole-in-the-wall steakhouse that serves the only edible steak in the city that reminds you of your papa is C&D'd and demolished

I voted off by default and I'm going to use WoD models given the choice, there are a variety of reasons why you would vote Off by default

>food analogies
you're retarded alex

xth for FUCK BLIZZARD

t. alex

In reality, it's 79% in favour of keeping the original graphics intact, with 48% from that group suggesting change as an option.

There is no 69% of people who see the model update as a priority, only a pitiful 21%.

COME ON BOYS. FUCK CLASSIC. IT"S GOING TO BE SHIT. FRESH LIGHTS HOPE HERE WE COME!!!!!!

actually it's 69.6% who are ok with change

Whatever your twisted interpretation leads you to believe, buddy.

>wanna shill on classic battle.net forums for purist thoughts
>only US forums matter and I don't have a char on US server
at last...I truly see...I for one welcome our american overlords...thank you master

2 sets of options
1 is ok with change
1 isn't

One of these sets got more votes

there is literally nothing wrong with vanilla paladins or druids

this is what happens if MEN don't have to go to war, they turn into soyboys and fight cyberwars

What about the women

There are three options:
1: One that wants change
2: One that doesn't
3: One that doesn't but will allow the option

Why are you insisting on grouping 3 and 1 together when they very clearly have different beliefs?

women don't go to war

agreed, you numales need to go liberate iran for our greatest ally

what about women? they're useless parasitic fuckholes as usual

Let's fix Vanilla.
>Class Balancing
>Raid/Dungeon re-tuning to bring it on par with the new class balance and more mechanics then 'don't stand in fire'.
>Heroic Dungeons or Keystone style dungeons
>Heroic raids that award slightly better gear and are much more challenging (think Mythic)
>Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds
>Retune gear to the stepping stones of dungeon -> heroic/keystone dungeon = normal raid -> heroic raid

Instead of playing the same boring shit that people have theorycrafted for years let's revamp it and make it more enjoyable. Instead of having two button rotations and hardly any bosses with more than one 'mechanic' we can get a challenging and rewarding game that gives gear based on skill rather than time investment. The only people who want 'pure Vanilla' are those who want to be handed the best gear by afking in 40 man raids and battlegrounds

So what are the women gonna do when all the men are away fighting and/or dead

>puristcucks have reached food analogy levels of assdestruction already

Option 3 does not strictly not want WoD models.

work in the factories and stuff

Nor does it strictly want them, either. You could just as well consider them as a neutral party and disregard them entirely.

In which case more people do not want WoD models than those who do.

alex is having his users doxx the blizzard employee that submitted the dmca

Be honest with me, has chaoticlapras fucked everything up already?

he's going to make a video about the bliz employee
LMAO

69.6% are ok with changes

78.2% are not

why is levelling a warrior so boring cwg?

Did the same CM he was butthurt about really DMCA the channel? This isn't doxx his Twitter and shit are public

Dead before arrival.

im not posting what they're digging up..

Is alex killing himself tonight?
>banned
>classic isn't turning out the way he wants it
>cucked by our boy when he came begging for attention

Because you don't go 2h fury from level 10.

>Let's have a civil discussion about classic serv-
>REEEE MAKE IT 100% PURE VANILLA JUST LIKE MUH NOSTALRUSE REEEEEE
>immediately plays the victim, Alex dindu nuffin rong

It's not if you immerse yourself and play it as an rpg. Level up proffessions along the way

69.6% of people are ok with making a toggle avaiable
that's 69.6% making a change

as far as I know WoD models were not accessible in vanilla wow

>cucked by our boy when he came begging for attention
wat happened?

>i want class balancing, pvp changes and patch features be available before their respective raids were released :-D
>BUT FUCK NEW MODELS AND TRANSMOGS, I WANT PURE VANILLA FUCK YOU RETARDS >:(

who are you quoting?

you can literally google that mail and get all the info, not like it's hidden or anything.

*hits desk*
F...FUCK YOU!
(breathes heavily in manlet)

all the retarded youtube e-ce and mmoc forums

Is that what /cwg/ is gonna be like tonight?

Just endless changefag falseflagging?

He went to his stream and begged him to "spread the word" since alex youtube stream got banned

Vanilla or gtfo.

fury's trash before enrage

>lets have a civil discussion how to turn classic wow in legion pristine servers with custom class changes, guild bank, dual spec, selfie cam and achievements.
ftfy
alex might be a sperg but at least he's honest. blizzard CMs are literal legion rats trying to push classic wow in a casual direction so they can have fun with it as well
nobody can be naive enough to no see this

It's literally the survey results and forum discussions and youtube videos.

>badmouths blizzard endlessly
>brigades the classic forum/discord
>tries to start shit with multiple streamers
>has 1k+ viewers
>gets banned
WHY ME? WHAT DID I DO?! I MUST HAVE BEEN SET UP!

>False flagging
You best start believing in change boy.

who is alex and why are you worshipping him?

>AS LOUD AND OBNOXIOUS AS POSSIBLE

Cool supposition, too-cool-for-capitalization-and-punctuation poster. You must speak from leagues of experience.

>maybe it was poongoon...
>WHAT? WHO JUST SAID POONGOON??? BANNED
I wish I recorded that, laughed my ass off

*hits desk*

can sift through the recording yesterday

Yeah you fucked off when you got proven wrong.
Eat a dick

a.pomf.cat/gmioxa.webm

i mean tomorrow

What does hitting a desk mean?

>Tranny deleting every post in the discord saying they dont want the game to be legion 2.0

>i want an arbitrary pseudo-progression raid release schedule
>but FUCK the patches that they belong in those can get the fuck out
>fuck bug fixes and new models too

>ends up being a mishmash of patches, just a fucking abomination of "vanilla" not resembling it at all

welp i'm out already. knew it was too good to be true. so hard to just have decent classic servers without retarded fixes and custom patches. can't just release it as it was right before tbc, huh. even blizzard can't avoid the private server drama.

yeah, I'm sure you're farmin niggas with that 5% crit

gonna do it myself right now, but i was listening on lavos10 stream so you can hear his lauther, no clean recording

holy shit that autistic slam and breathing.

Violent outburst common in kids with developmental issues like Alex

i have a clean recording, but it's been like 4 hours now

so basically private servers?
there's nothing wrong with that, even with nost 1.12.1 talents and 1.10 gear. nobody had a problem with it

it's what people who can't heal 12 year old content do after wiping a bc heroic because they didn't press their fade button

see: