Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything Etrian Odyssey (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
>EOV guild cards
imgur.com/a/oweN7

>EOV undub
US CIA: a.doko.moe/odnpma.7z
US Luma: a.doko.moe/wddgmp.7z
US to EU patch for both: a.pomfe.co/xcrrjwp.7z
Other undubs: pastebin.com/KxsDbkq8

>EOV DLC cia
US: mega.nz/#!bExTRahb!qRKVfagWcuesrETzsOpOAzBCYYZ1C4GmZseNzQqS8NA
EU (complete): a.doko.moe/ystmmt.7z

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

Previous Thread:

icky ricky she's so sticky

can a shaman be a dedicated healer? I wanna run with a poison elf but meh

reposting for the fresh thred and cause my roll in the last thread was some garbage, 2 heal shaman, broker necromancer, cannon drag and deathbringer harbinger

Medigirl thread

They need some help until Masteries become available since only Gospel and Heaven's Gift is a bit thin.
A Necro, a Rover that also summons a dog (but ultimately goes towards hawk) or just items can help.

But once you get a Proper Herald Shaman and invest into all of their passives (Benevolence > Gospel > Appease Spirits) it adds up to be enough - if you have proper defences like binds and aoilments or a Dragoon.

Dumb corpse poster

How balanced does my team need to be in 5?

Playing on expert. current party is Rover, Warlock, Dragoon. Thinking of going Masurao, Pugilist for my last two slots.

P

how the fuck do i keep the undead king from sending wraith nukes all over my party

kill the guys

guess i really gotta beef up, then. thanks
i can't kill these guys fast enough

incidentally, are there any dispelling skills here?

As long as your Rover heals you should be stable.

Pug Pug Masurao
Shaman Necromancer

how is it

>are there any dispelling skills here?
Where? And what do you want to dispel?

Botanist and Rover have ailment removal, Healer Botanist has bind removal, Thericas can be easily farmed on the second floor - they are consumables that cleanse binds or ailments.
All Shamans can remove debuffs from allies, Only Punisher Shaman can remove buffs from enemies. The consumables that remove those things can only be gotten in the 4th and 5th stratum.

Pretty offensive so you will sometimes need luck with binds. But overall it should work.

>Only Punisher Shaman can remove buffs from enemies
Yeah, I'm looking for skills like this one. Thanks.

Skill that do that are always fairly rare in EO - since you can dispel buffs by hitting the enemy with an opposing debuff and vice versa.

For example:
The turtles in the 3rd stratum have a massive defence buff that makes them very hard to take down. And they will go on a complete rampage if they are ever hit with a defence debuff.
However, if they already have a defence buff and you use a defence debuff - no matter how weak - it will just remove the defence buff without applying the debuff. They cancel each other out.

This is also why sometimes Gospel on a Shaman looks like it doesn't work.
If your party has an attack debuff and you use Ruinous Prayer it will only remove the debuff but don apply the buff, so Gospel does not procc.

Main issue I have with binds is that you get them for like 3 turns and then you are fucked. If you can't kill the boss or enemies that fast its game over.

Is star devourer a tentacle monster just looking to fuck girls?

No, he is a cloud that wants to munch planets.
It's the least tentacly final post-game boss other than Ur Child.

Pls respon

run around on 25F

I don't wanna. There are mean horse bullies up there.

That is the correct answer.
Every step you take on 25F has a 2% chance of spawning her in the south western corner.
It doesn't matter where you run around - it can even be in or behind the boss room where there are no encounters.

Thanks for the tip.
So, I've seen there's a quest that says I need all the rare drops from the labyrinth. Does that mean I need them all registered in the codex, or do I have to have them all on hand to turn in the quest?

You mean a bunch of rare drops from FOEs, right?
You need all of them to hand them in, just showing the entries is not enough.

Conditional drops, not rare drops - sorry.

you would know if you had taken the quest, you only need 5 rare drops. one from an FOE in each stratum up to 5

I haven't accepted the quest yet, only seen the short description and I think it said all rare materials from the labyrinth or something like that. So I assumed every single rare drop from strata one through five.
So that means I'll have to fight the rare mantis FOE not once but twice at the very least? That kinda sucks.

The rare mantis FOE is not part of that quest.

I reached 26F late night and wanted to just quickly listen to all the new lines the town NPCs had, so I didn't accept any quests, which would alter what they say under the TALK option.

Oh really? Then it's okay to just sell its rare drop. Nice.

you should probably take quests before asking for help

Well, I won't be able to play it until evening, and there's no reason not to ask for some info in advance while I can.

>level 65
>can kill the Primordiphant with ease
>still can't kill the Eternal Tyrant
Jesus FUCK he's hard.
>line pierce attack hits 1 person on each line for 380 damage with possible panic
>full party attacks hit for about 260 damage if I don't manage to RNG the correct Dragoon skill to counter it
>burning miasma for ~480 through level 10 mana guard if I haven't regenerated my union gauge to be able to aegis shield it
>pretty much immune to binds and ailments so I can't lock him down
ree

There is something comfy about people that just can't get EO out of their head even when they are not playing.

i just find it annoying how people ask for help before they even try. its like those idiots that ask where the stairs to 16F are

I feel like your armor must be kinda old, he hit me real hard and I barely survived burning miasma with defend on but I would not have if it did that much, though I did have Stifling Miasma on him the whole fight

He's way harder then etriam acts like though hes the most trouble ive had with a final boss in these games

Miasma ignores all defences and just deals a percentage of the damage dealt during the turn to everyone at the end of the turn.
Use that time to set-up your damage, head bind the Tyrant when he breaths in, fry him like the lizard he is.

I killed Priomordiphant at 61 and leveled up to 62 in the process. And I must say the Tyrant was much easier. In fact, it was the easiest boss for me after the Golem.
>burning miasma for ~480 through level 10 mana guard
There's something seriously wrong with that number. Have you only been stacking physical def up on your armor? Even then I think it shouldn't be hitting nearly as hard.
Nothing should, when you have a Guard Dragoon.
Although I also run a Shaman and a Reaper, so I had all buffs and debuffs up for the entire fight.
>pretty much immune to binds and ailments
25% infliction chance on resistant parts. Same as Primordiphant. You must have just got unlucky with binds.

He means the fire AoE after it absorbs the miasma.

That one is easily disabled by head binds or any hard ailment.
If he takes so much damage his party should be rather offensive so killing the Tyrant after the first Miasma phase should not be much of a problem.

I like how every time something like this comes up you're saying "just disable it" as if the infliction rates are 100%.
Although I guess you're onto something with the latter half of your post. If his party doesn't have any defense, it should at least be more offense-focused, but if it's neither...

what party can you make thats neither

pretty much every class has access to damage or lockdown or defense they spread it out pretty good

I haven't been able to play since monday and yet I still lurk this general. Every day.

My party is multi-hit Pugilist, shield Dragoon, 1kat bunny, elemancer and poisoner. This is the first time I've been roadblocked in the game. I just need my binds and ailments to land more than they have been.

magic shield should be able to save you from burning miasma consistently

if you really need a reprieve you could double up magic shield with dragoon physical guards so you're covered regardless of his attack choice

1 kat has damage reduction on spirit sword and it might be worth it to use barrage guard on him to keep his claw attacks damage down too, in terms of mitigation

you have fullguard for burning miasma too since its pretty easy to spot

your mitigations really good actually and damage seems alright between the pug/clever strike/1 kat, i feel like you must be suffering in terms of keeping up with healing since he targets both rows constantly and you only have the line herb, bringing a ton of somas might help

fart

ded

Not ded, merely resting

Can we really afford to pay two levels?

Better than five, at least.

No /sqg/ in the title killed the general.
We need the power of memes and autism to stay alive.

Which one of these two is memes and which one is autism?

nene is Meme.

Do you pronounce Nene like meme or meme like Nene?

ネネ
メメ

Dank Nene

It's a bit late, but
Fortress thread!

Why does Medi-ko have so many candy bars?

Early game the healy passives aren't all that good, but you can get a knife with a low level heal skill attached (only 1TP!) and make do with that + items for emergencies. There's also an accessory in stratum 2 that gives you Revive. Basically, it'll do jack shit on the first couple of floors, but then you'll get the tools to tide you over. Especially with the right Union choices

That's not just a candy bar that's hematogen.

>star devourer
>tentacle
u wot

Damn it, it's too easy to wipe from ambushes while gathering in the 6th Stratum.

You get at least 3 easy burning miasma disables with chain blast, sleep and aegis shield, 4 if you do shield first. If you cannot kill tyrant in all this time your shit party deserves to be obliterated

Chain Blast isn't guaranteed, neither is sleep, not to mentioned you don't know it's susceptible to sleep if you're going in blind.

So this is where Himeko went instead of EOV.

>chain blast is guaranteed when he’s resistant to all binds
Just stop

>muh blind
wow just analyse it, and restock accordingly if/when you get rekt

>vitagen still not left
we don't want you here

Is it just me or are the 4th and 5th strata in V very easy compared to the previous one? I'm at 23F now and I haven't had a challenge since the Fetid Necropolis. The floors are also more boring, with dead ends with no content, and for some reason all the ingredients I find are still the same as those from the first stratum, since it doesn't matter if I hunt a dodo or a deer, you just get 'Meat'.

The 4th stratum's boss was also the easiest so far. Maybe I got lucky and landed my binds/ailments at ideal moments but the only major hit it had on my party was when it took out my 4kat Masurao with Sonic Blow (since it apparently activates before Divide Guard). For the rest it only focused on either wraiths or weak AoE damage.

I do like the 5th stratum's aesthetic, though. And the map gimmick is pretty cool.

3rd stratum was definitely a bump in difficulty (and spookiness) with some of its random encounters, but the 5th one gets so much worse in its later half. I beat the boss, but I can still die to Boar+3 acorns or to any encounter with any number of hex horses in it just as easily.

Stratum 3 has fucking awful encounters paired with your characters still barely knowing anything. In 4 and 5 you already get enough skillpoints to not suck, 4 has mostly just high damage encounters and 5 random encounters can all be easymode cheesed with wraith+grave dance, and are not hard anyway outside of motherfucking hex steeds

She heals with candy.

I've been using Grave since the 3rd stratum though. It's amazingly strong even at level 5 or so. And since my Dragoon constantly bodyguards my Masurao the chances of her getting hit are really high (I only have 2 frontliners).

The only high damage encounters in the 4th strat I noticed were the moles, actually. Well, and the squirrels and shield bugs in the hidden areas. Those were really the only tough encounters in the 4th stratum.

25% ambush rate, boys.

windmill and whatever the fuck hammer does

He is neutral to head bind.

Are there other healers that use unconvential ways of healing?

like half of them

wat

Princess heals through shouting and Monk through punching people. And Botanists have weed.

what a dumb bunny

delet this

Jenetta loves ice cream but she is a messy eater.

Beasts lick you sloppily to get you healed.

I want to peep on Gutrune while she bathes!

>fish
>bathes

>a deep one
>isn't really sinking that deep

It's about how deep things sink into her

Fish pussy

Stop fishposting

>t. fish

it's pretty dang cute