He studied accounting

>He studied accounting

Just face reality, you're going to be obsolete VERY soon. Technology is king and your useless degree is the peasant.

Other urls found in this thread:

library.albany.edu/subject/tutorials/education/boolean.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My brother spends hours in warehouses and back rooms auditing and he is a senior at his firm. Also, even if there is tech, you gotta bring in the customers.

>Just face reality, you're going to be obsolete VERY soon

No they're not lol

Also they can literally switch to any other area in Finance as Accounting is the backbone of any business.

Nope. There's too much shit left up to interpretation. When accountants matter, it's not some fucking algorithm

>number jockeys in charge of understanding an XML parser doing all their "work" instantly

This is why if you're a good accountant it a good idea to at a bare minimum take a introduction programming unit on the side. Otherwise...well your screwed.

>He doesn't know what Accounting actually is
>He thinks that bookkeepers are accountants

>number kid still pretending an XML parser can't do all their work more efficiently

wew

>Go into Vermont maple buyer
>old guy uses paper and transfers by hand onto a corel spreadsheet for tax season
>has like 32 farms he is buying from
>has 5 family members as equity partners
>IRS audits him
>btw, is vietnam vet who's kid is used the GI bill to graduate but had excess debt that he is paying off
>btw he owns two condos

Yeah who needs an accountant, just let an automaton at H&R block handle it

>I can't automate my work with a parser so I pretend my job is hard

Man, that sucks when you realize people can just fax, run a custom XML script that you can hot tune to whatever some old codger fucks up their formatting as with a little thing called "variables", and get your "work" done in literally the speed of light as you whittle away on a old timey texas instruments keyboard calculator to figure out where the number wasn't carried properly and charge 5 figures to do such

>number kids preteding their job isn't already obsolete as XML scripts can be developed to do it at any moment

How's it feel to know the second a person like my comes to that old guy you'll never get a call from him again because it's as easy as running a fucking script dude

>his job can be done by a function

If an XML parser could do all the work then PLEASE explain to me why multi-billion dollar companies could not automate Accounting work yet?

>hurrdurr what is enterprise cloud computing
>what is amazon business intelligence division's primary objective
>hurrrdurr the cloud will never be used to complete simple equations on a massive scale required to push such numbers accurately

Give amazon about 6 months and your job will be gone dude.

Okay.

But I'm asking why multi-billion dollar companies haven't been able to do it so far. Do you have any sort of reasoning for it?

>muh xml script is killa

Old Guy: So you are my new accountant?
You: Naw son im a fuckin xml script kiddy
Old Man: Ok, well here are the documents that all my 1099 employees mailed to me and my utilities
You: Nigga what the fuck is this shit. I needz it all entered for muh script
Old Dude: I dont know what you are talking about, im paying you to do my taxes

*you enter data*

IRS: So you are the preparer?
You: Naw muh script is
IRS: We have some real concerns over the errors and discrepancies on this return....
You: OH WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU SOME FAGGOT IRS ACCOUNT FUCK YOU

Old Man: I just got a call from the IRS, im getting sued and audited. What the fuck did you do. I'm firing you and going back to my old firm
You: Fuckin paper pusher faggot

Meanwhile

IRS: We are informing you by subpoena that you are in violation of T.D. 9437 regarding disclosure
You: FAGGOT

Because the infrastructure wasn't there to support it. If you could read english you'd have gleaned that from my previous post, glorified number pusher.

>number kid once again unable to understand scalability outside of clickity-klacking on his paillard keyboard for n*n hours
>it's THIS hard to understand new technology if you're an "accountant"

You didnt respond to anything there. How the fuck is a script going to work if you have to process 400 forms off paper? It isnt even an argument since you are so wrong, but I want to know how your script is going to be so fluid as to manage even a mid sized, hundred person business with a mixed payroll, outside contractors, paper receipts and bills, and owners who want as much of their earnings in legal tax havens as possible.

library.albany.edu/subject/tutorials/education/boolean.html

Here you go.

k bro. you keep working on that shit, ill keep using my accountant. Boolean operators are really top of the line, I'm sure your excel plugin will radically change fortune 1000 industries operating in 45 states, to say nothing of families who do their financials using paper bills and no record keeping.

like I said amazon's cloud division will literally make enterprise accounting as you know it obsolete and result in lots of you wannabes jumping out of windows

the problem with being an accountant is there's some masochists that are willing to put in 3000 hours a year for 30k a year, with a 5k raise a year until it's equivalent to an ok hourly wage

>tfw you're an accounting major, and get nervous whenever people bring this up.

ceo's of three major insurance companies in Connecticut started as accountants.

Those who want to be simple accountants may not make it. Those with the desire and will to continuously educate themselves will make it more than you'll ever dream.

Automation worshippers btfo

holy shit

absolutely savage

>Those with the desire and will to continuously educate themselves will make it more than you'll ever dream

This applies to everyone

Mediocrity and lack of ambition is a disease that affects every incompetent person. No doubt when the robots steal their job, they'll blame the robots rather than themselves like everyone else who refuses to take accountability for their poor life choices.

>30,000 a year
Is this what people in private make? I didn't get any offers under 50k when I graduated last year

Just learn some programming on the side. People who understand accountancy will be needed to automate accounting systems. Accountancy is harder to learn than programming, so it's more sensible fir this work to be done by an accountant who understands programming rather than a programmer who understands accounting.

>Accountancy is harder to learn than programming

Curious, why's that your opinion? I have a BSc in chemistry but currently working as and qualifying to be an accountant. I'm finding it ridiculously easy compared to chem, and the little bit of programming I've taught myself has been a bit more difficult to pick up

dont worry, CPA's and non autistic people are always gonna be in demand unless someone can prove me wrong

lmao glassdoor for vancouver says 30-40k cad for staff in big 4

ofc accounting math is easier than chem math u retard, the business portion is abstract to autistic people so theres that, imo accounting and programming "hardness" is similar, its just that more autists like programming so it seems easier

Jesus, sucks to be Canadian then.

Big 4 offer around 55k - 60k right out of school around here.

are u from a mid size american city? like texas/chicago?

yea i hate canada, i was born and raised here in vancouver but i feel like killing myself if i have to deal with another pajeet/chink/flip acting like they can boss me around

at least i got the opportunity to do the same shit for the same company (big4) in the uk soon so ill be glad to work with muslims/pakis/pajeets

Boston area

Don't actually live or work in the city though. I think I'd kill myself if I had to drive through or ride the T every day.

I'm fucking stupid

meant for

Fortunately the bank system is still so ancient accountants will be fine for a while. once it's upgraded though a single tax preparer will easily do 100 returns a day and auditors will be even more of a rubber stamp than they are now (as hard as that is to fathom)

>lmao glassdoor for vancouver says 30-40k cad for staff in big 4

???

Jr accountants at big 4's make $55k/year.

in canada? 55k sounds avg for americans in midsized cities like niggerville and oil land

I'm a Big 4 staff in the Atlanta market and make 55k-60k.

>he thinks that accountants mainly do math instead of analyze tax law and figure out loopholes
Any work that's done to automate accounting will come from someone with both an accounting background and programming background and you still won't have most companies trust it because of how easily someone could fuck up and input it incorrectly.

>brother does the same thing making 200k/yr at age 26

>warned brother to not follow it cuz im going to make it obsolete, my passion was ai programming

>get into ibm working in watson making 150k/year at age 22

>watson accounting is almost complete , literally 2-5 years at the absolute most

Feelsbadman i know my brothers resume will surely have him secure another great job even in a diffrent field but for all the others out there just getting in are fucked

Also watson accounting is actually pretty much done its just a bunch of paperworks and meetings and sht what to go threw with the government because of the worry of the Pontential amount of jobs tht it will destroy