/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 17th of November:
1558 – Elizabeth I became Queen of England and Ireland, marking the beginning of the Elizabethan era.
1839 – Giuseppe Verdi's first opera Oberto, Conte di San Bonifacio, was first performed at La Scala in Milan.
1871 – The United States' National Rifle Association was first chartered in the state of New York by William Conant Church and George Wood Wingate.
1894 – H. H. Holmes, one of the first modern serial killers, was arrested in Boston after having killed at least nine people.
1997 – Sixty-two people were killed by terrorists outside the Deir el-Bahri in Luxor, one of Egypt's top tourist attractions.

Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

>News
CK2 Jade Dragon and EU4 Cradle of Civiliyation are out

>Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

>Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

>Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76 (embed)

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes v0.2
pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k (embed)

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V (embed)

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.9.1 - 13/10/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk (embed)

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr (embed)

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV (embed)

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=399253429&searchtext=
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Threadly reminder pirating video games is basically paedophilia.

CK2 Africa expansion confirmed

new ck2 dlc WHEN

Do we actually have any hope of a pop based game that isn't just mana/modifier chasing nonsense?

>not using proper infopic
cancer

Literally never.

why is r&i infopic used but the r&i phrase is missing? is talex trying to change his tactics

Estates demanding you go to war or face rebellion when

Tbh the infopic is objectively true catch me dead playing those oldass games

So is there a HoI2/3 AI mod?

It is literally the shittiest aspect of the game, you pick a major power and you stomp all over the AI. You put them on hardest setting and you struggle for a bit in the early stages due to their enhanced resources, but once you overcome that you stomp all over them anyway.

Pick Germany and you stomp Russia. Put the AI on hard and he will push your shit in for a little while before you stomp all over him anyway.

There is no AI setting that actually manages to push back at me once I gain even the slightest of momentum. This by extension means I have never played a "close to real life" campaign in which I push in Russia's shit, but then Russia finally manages to get their shit together and reorganize/get their factories up and running and push back at me. Simply doesn't happen in a HoI game.

You either beat Russia from start to finish, or on harder settings he manages to keep you out for a little while and THEN you beat him.

I honestly want this game to beat me without me having to play with my brain on cabbage mode for that to happen.

I swear to god the hardest aspect in this game is wrapping your head around how bad the OoB was implemented 4 games in a row.

If anyone still needs the DLC for eu4:
Europa.Universalis.IV.Cradle.of.Civilization-CODEX

Make friends and play MP

Anyone here care to explain why HoI doesn't use colour coding to help with shitty OoB?

Gary Grigsby's War in the X series uses a lot more units, yet you never have any problem identifying which division belongs to which HQ because everything is FUCKING COLOUR CODED.

I mean look at this picture. All the light greens belong together, all the blues belong together, all the dark greens belong together etc..

HoI on the other hand has your entire army in ONE. SINGLE. COLOUR. Accountancy is more fun than organizing armies in HoI.

How do I trick people into becoming my friends?

So apparently urban production skill growth in MEIOU and Taxes is bugged and the fix is on the Paradox forums. However, there's no way I'm gonna be buying EU4 when I have more pressing concerns, like not starving to death because of my limited income. Anyone feel like helping out?

This is just shorthand for saying "the game is shit" because the MP functionality is a joke.

go onto the discord and scream for as long as you can

MEIOU hasn’t updated yet tho

Post Germania

That's a tough one.

Never said it wasn't

I'm still on the 1.22 update and the bug I'm talking about happens in M&T 2.1.5, which is the most recent version. Apparently they made some changes to production growth there and there's some hotfix on the forums.

Literally EvW

Because goy3 is not a wargame. They expect you to set the theater to auto and flag moscow.

Is Venice Guaranteing Albania ahistorical or just a Paradox way to prevent Ottomans ALWAYS eating Albania in the first years?

>gsg where you sit on your ass the time passing votes for civil rights in congress
>auto win button where you can launch 10k ICMB MERV
There is a reason they canceled it

Is mamluk wiping out ottomans in 50 years historical? Reddit cried that ottomans are too powerful in start marker OTTOMANS RISE and they nerfed it.

Post pics

>MEIOU
AEIOU?

brbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbr

>Byzantium might be actually playable now without some stupid cheese strats

im just browsing Veeky Forums all day

Daily reminder that you should only play as Byzantium, everything else is just a big LARP fest and shitholes

>tfw rezmar wont be around for another 4-5 hours
>tfw no CoC
Guess I'll just go jerk off to CoC instead...

Is this the new version? Do you have a link anywhere?

>ramp up the provincial revolt strength because they're usually just a bit of a distraction and not a challenge
>fuck it let's put it on max what's the worst that could happen

Anyone got this mod?
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=399253429&searchtext=

i think i have schizophrenia

Why not just download the CODEX version?

Are you the faggot who posts random posts without quoting anyone? Then yes you do

should i keep qara qoyunlu ideas or swap to persian? that +3 tolerance of heretics, core cost reduction and +1 shock/fire/manoeuver is really nice

Remunder that Izumi is best girl and you should venture into the high mountains for her

When i fap or do something embarrassing i know that 7 billion people are watching me so i do it ironically so jokes on you

Can't remember right now because I don't really have an issue with it but I think some mod counters use custom colors

Well, this is new.

>G*rman

fucking yuckkk

>royal marrige with Milan
>duke is 59, no legal heir
>"upon monarh death: [my heir] succeeds the throne"
>oh cool wonder how that will work
>check in a year later Milan suddenly a republic

what happened?

Why can't I get even one Capitalist in Argentina in HPM?
WTF HPM!!!

Ambrosian republic bitch

Sicilian, you moron.

Anyway, I think there's some subtle symbolism to be had here, but I'm not sure what kind I want.

I return, and /gsg/ quakes. They know I am in charge here. They would die if I asked them, and their screams would give me satisfaction.

I am in charge. I am better than everyone here, and you know it. In the most fundamental way, you know it. I command, and you follow.

This is mine.

explain bitch

You can return to plebbit

Oh no, it's from that dumb reddit post about a guy who beat death on chess to become immortal.
The original author didn't even understand the rules of chess and wrote that the enemy king needs to fall for the game to be won.

Interesting ck2 realms?

Milan is scripted to become a republic when the duke dies.
It's from repears due. It's one immortality questline

They get an event which gives them the option to switch to republic. Used to be OP, but they nerfed it with absolutism mechanics.

>reddit post
The one by Ingmar Bergman?

interesting

I may be mad, but I still have a keen analytical mind.

>nerfed
Republics didn't get nerfed, monarchies just got massive buffs instead with absolutism and disinheritance. You can still re-elect your 30 year old syndic forever and keep a 6-6-6 ruler for decades as a republic. If you want absolutism, you can always go Bureaucratic Despotism or something.

wow thats pretty fucking retarded

Death warns me not to get too cocky. Always a good sign.

What the fuck kind of meme mod are you playing?

And then, the next choice - should I try to cheat death?
Well, obviously. That's the whole point of the game. Time to put that intrigue training to use.

Is there nobody here willing to help a poor pirate out? Or is it just that nobody here bought the game so nobody has access to the mod forum?

I will direct the future of /gsg/. My will is of an iron rule. Nothing you do can stop me. I am in charge, as I have always been. You will continue on for a short while, but soon my intention will dictate how the thread is run.

The next general is mine, for my time and all time.

The Anime General will be upon you all.

No retard
Unless the event chain is retarded, by taking multiple pawns and 2 knights from him without casualties your victory is very likely

>Games is going well
>Lets cheat for no reason!
i wonder what is IQ of your average /gsg/ browser

Cheat. Even if you're already winning, you can always win harder.

Oh fuck it's the syndicalist knights again!

Gee es gee

What, are you telling me that just because I'm already winning, I shouldn't cheat? What nonsense is this?
That's more like it.
I My psy ops have Death on the ropes.

My own. Anglos and Asians. I plan on using the declare war on China option to take Hong Kong.

Is this the CK2 version of a Yu Gi Oh game?

>restore a rook
Confirmed meme event chain
Even a novice would immediately notice, but a deity won't?

>declare war on China, in 10xx
>as Britainnia, the shithole of western europe

Death can't prove it, and in the original Bergmann movie, Death basically encourages you to cheat, steal, lie, do whatever, because he always wins in the end.

But Venetians are really weak early game, and it’s just Venice and Albania how can they win
It is my destiny to rule the universe
GSG and taxes is a sub mod

Why wouldn’t you drop caucasian ideas?

It's a good thing I cheated, too. Death is really good at chess.
I'm not gonna bet my daughter, though. She's the only one of my kids who inherited my genius, and looking at the numbers, the edge I'd get wouldn't be that great. If I can still lose the game at this point, I can probably lose it even with the extra sacrifice, and I'll want Berengaria around if that happens.

Welcome to /gsg/, LA PLATA refers to Argentina’s rightful claim to the Falklands, W&B stands for white and based, gsg stands for grand strategy general, and paedos mean pirates

And of course I forgot the pic and jinxed everything forever.

WEVE DONE THIS GAME TO DEATH STOP POSTING EVENT CHAINS AND JUST PLAY THE FUCKING GAME
Why would you post your Steam after yesterday

>currency localisation updated steam on Monday
>you can now buy paradox DLC with LITERAL shekels

>WEVE DONE THIS GAME TO DEATH STOP POSTING EVENT CHAINS AND JUST PLAY THE FUCKING GAME
>don't post screenshots of games
Kill yourself my man

Fucking called it.

That last round was a 20% - 30% - 30% - 20% split for great/good/neutral/bad outcomes for the first option, and 15% - 35% - 35% - 15% for the second option. Less chance of catastrophic failure, maybe, but I get the feeling the game is so stacked against you that "good" just isn't good enough. I don't think I made the wrong choice there.

Liquor

While I've been larping about with silly strategy games, the AI did this with the Holy Roman Empire. Maybe that's more up your speed?

>"I won't let our daughter become the fucktoy of a god-damned NIGGER"

Soo I can just buy vanilla EU4 and pirate all the DLCs and have no problem playing with friends on Steam right?

correct

Wrong

You don't have a choice.
Your daughter will be force send into a diversity breeding ground by her school.

He can post screenshots just not of this

Does anyone have the victoria 2 recommended tech image?

>*assimilates into black anglo*
woah...

But can your mind take the guilt to break one of gods comandments. You shall not steal!
Do you really can live with this shame?

No problem

CK2 should use the new Chinese Emperor mechanics for a restored Roman Empire.