/shmupg/ - Shoot 'em Up General

Only Elitists allowed Edition

Previous Thread: This general is for discussing all shmups/STG (shoot 'em ups/shooting games/shooting type games).
Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s
Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

RECENT RELEASES:
>Raiden V (PS4 and Steam)
store.steampowered.com/app/570050/Raiden_V_Directors_Cut___V_Directors_Cut__V/
>Graze Counter
store.steampowered.com/app/629440/Graze_Counter/
>Sonic Wings 2/Aero Fighters 2
PS4, Xbox One, and Switch
>Castle of Shikigami (Steam)
store.steampowered.com/app/582980/Castle_of_Shikigami/
>Dangun Feveron M2 port (PS4)
Somewhere on PSN
>Touhou 16 ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons
kourindou.exblog.jp/25711799/
>Super Hydorah
store.steampowered.com/app/628800/Super_Hydorah
>Pawarumi
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812914421

UPCOMING RELEASES:
>Ketsui M2 port (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/04/m2-announces-ketsui-m2-shottriggers-release-feveron-school
>Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia
>iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/
>Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194
>Sorcer Striker/Mahou Daisakusen (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/08/sorcer-striker-m2-shottriggers-release-announced-ps4
>Garegga M2 post (XBO)
m2stg.com/en/battle-garegga/xboxone/
>Earth Defense Force 4.1 Wing Diver
gematsu.com/2017/09/earth-defense-force-4-1-wing-diver-shooter-shoot-em-announced-ps4
>Blue Revolver Black Label Announced
bluerevolvergame.com/1year/

OTHER LINKS:
/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2017/11/cave-project-3jus-officially-announced-sangoku-justice
youtube.com/watch?v=zYPhXA2zHCU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first

where is this from?

Cave owns bitch

From our steam group.

really? steam ffs.

3rd for stgs are turd

you stole my third you rancid fuck

t. mad because did not pass the background check

Just be faster next time.

Wait... so he does like CAVE?!

He's coming around slowly but surely.

He's gonna BTFO cee and the go back to methodical masterpieces.

i look forward to being notified of his defeating me, just hope he finds the right care home for contact details.

Which Cave shmup(s) have the lowest average 1cc run time?

Dangun Feveron

Ketsui is about 19 minutes for a shit clear

I doubt I will BTFO cee. Catspider is just not working for me. No idea if it's the rng or whatever, but it's just not possible for me to make many points there.

esprade is very short.

oh shit, toupou just come out

how many coins and score are you strating there with? i usually hit him with 14k+ chain, obv the higher the chain the more valuable each milk, hardest parts learning the short bursts enough to set one off but not to much to weak the cat.

>i usually hit him with 14k+ chain, obv the higher the chain the more valuable each milk
I have a save state with 10k chain I practice the cat with, and I barely get 3 mill out of it. Either it dies too quick, or I die myself. I can practice this as much as I want, it's impossible for me...

>Either it dies too quick
this is from what i said, i was the same for a whilst it's hard to stop firing and with gensuke its a real shit sometimes to get the orbs to die, kosames shot makes that bit trivial. My tip is after any orb turns to coins your chain meter fills a ton so always stop shooting immediately and assess for the next sensible one whilst collecting.

>this is from what i said
I know, but it's too hard. I also try to only use shiki when the chain metre is at its lowest, but it doesn't help. It's too hard to destroy the orbs.

Touhou is killing it on Steam atm

>447 very positive reviews already on the first day
>meanwhile a game like Strania has still only 28 reviews
Yet another proof humanity is cancer.

>I also try to only use shiki when the chain metre is at its lowest
thats your problem, using shiki stops them revealing coins, has to be shot.

who cares let the cancerous scum have their day, they're going into the ground on day of the rope.

>0.2 hours played
>0.2 hours played
>0.2 hours played

With any luck at least a few of these drones have the curiosity to peek at other shmups that steam tosses into their recommendations, right? Right...?

Hopefully not desu there's enough cancer in the community already

Who said anything about community? Just more chaffe for you to feel more directly superior than.

"community"

>thats your problem, using shiki stops them revealing coins, has to be shot.
I don't mean using shiki on the orbs. I mean on the cat to stop the chain from breaking of course.
I'm just not talented enough for this game. I should just completely stay away from cave shit. It makes no fun playing these games for me.

Bahmpu~

Unlimited - Type II
World: セルディア(SEL) - 13,004,207,245,640
Community: DocHauser - 335,749,537,180 - 2 - x24211 (v1.01)

Unlimited - Type III
World: 旅タコ- SELDIA - 12,322,488,776,590
Community: DocHauser - 254,440,926,800 - 2 - x19231 (v1.01)

if u want western wr cred this is it

The absolute madman

>when you post bad review to trigger people

it's "community world record", true western world records on online leaderboard

and thats something you never need to do because the chain goes up with every orb destroyed, the only time to use the shiki there is to chain through the spam.

also give blue a go, its way more fun and easier in good ways until you get up to 70 mill + region.

>Rosa teaching bad habits and overseeing the fruits of her corruption. Follett traumatized in the background, not knowing how else to react.

What's the point of this being on steam? They should have at least add achievements for it. I'd probably get it if I can flaunt my stuff.

shmups are alive again, guys!
aren't you happy?

>What's the point of this being on steam?

So people can buy it. You have nothing worth flaunting

>the only time to use the shiki there is to chain through the spam
That's what I'm doing though.

i am not happy
gave up on first raiden, still sucks in ccwi, touhou 16 has retarded balance, salamander retarded recovery shit
starting batrider from low rank makes me feel cucked
also hard job time

>give blue a go
No, if I can't even get a decent score at the normal version, I don't even want to try blue.
I will still keep playing Guwange for now, but I have huge doubts that I will ever become good at this game.

how many hours do you have in goowang anyway, easy to call yourself shit with 2 digit hours

I don't know. My mame doesn't track time sadly somehow. But I guess it should be still under 100 hours.
The game is just too complex though. It's the hardest scoring system I ever tried playing, by far.

your first cave?

>It's the hardest scoring system I ever tried playing, by far.
>meanwhile guwange chaining is retard monkey easy compared to dodonpachi
LMAO, methodical dadsterpieces for life

Well, I played CCWI, and dicked around in DOJ and Ketsui a bit already.
But basically, yes. I think it's mainly just the catspider though.
When I practice other parts of the game, I also get better, but milking catspider is just the biggest bullshit I ever had to do in a game.

you should because it's easier for a long time and is simply much more fun and balanced, the bombs even stall at 2 skull counter at bosses so you can use them and not lose chain also bullets are always canceled as long as you've shiki touched them once.

>your first cave?
the local choir boy.

keeping the chain isn't even meant to be hard in guwange though, getting a good coin count is and good chain is, currently i finish tsage 1 with around 1k more coins than kraut that's 2 successful chains.

t. shit at both games

>800 reviews for touhou
Finally the world's greatest and only worthwhile shmup has made it to the master race's platform of choice. This trash genre will finally be saved after touhou's success where everyone else has failed, by releasing trash games no one wants.

In stage 1 I always have problems at the tower. Rarely I get 1k during it, mostly not. It's just too hard to controll the shiki, because you have to be all over the place with it, and still be very precise.

gematsu.com/2017/11/cave-project-3jus-officially-announced-sangoku-justice
>Famitsu App, a branch of Famitsu’s website that specializes in smartphone game, reported on this announcement. That said, it is likely this will turn out to be a smartphone game.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

(breathes)

AHHAAHAHHAHA

(inhales)

ahah.. ahah..... *sniff* HHHHHHHHHAHA

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAH!!!!!!!!

*WHEEEEEEEEEEEZE* HHHHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA

AAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

AHHAHAAH

MWAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAH!!!!!!!111!11!!111!11!!11!!11!!11!!11!!!!1!!!sniff* HHHHHHHAHAAHAHAHAHA

(breathes in)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ahah... *sniff* HHHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

(inhales)

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA *BRAAAAAAAAAA

(breathes in)

AAAHAHAHAHAHAA *BRAP* HAHAHAAHAHAAAHAHAHAAAAA

(breathes)

AHHASHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAA

(breathes in)

HAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAH

MWAHAHAH

(inhales)

*WHEEEEEEEEZE* HHHHHHHHHHHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AHHASHAHAHAHAHHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!

(breathes)

HAHHHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA

*WHEEEEEEZE* HHHHHHHHHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAHHAHAA

ahah.. ahah..... *sniff* HHHBBBBWAHAAHAHAH!!!!!!1!!!*sniff* HAHAH!!!!!!!!!!11!!11!11!!11!!1!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!11!!11!11!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MWAHAHAAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAH!!!!

HAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA OH NO UH UHAH UHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

MWAHAHAHHHAHAH

*WHEEEZE* HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAHHAAH

(breathes)

AAAHHAHAHA

HAHAHAHHAHAHA OH NO NO NO NO NO UHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAPPPP* HAHAAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAAHAAA

(inhales)

*WHEEEEEEZE* HHHHHHHHAAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!11!!!!11!!!!111!!11!!111!!!!!!!

the tower has 2 rng options, the one you want is the first spray directly at you, thats the easiest 1 to get 1000 coins+ there, the other one is much harder trying to keeping chain high whilst wave cancelling.

I'm honestly shocked that Touhou is a top seller. I thought everyone preferred to pirate the games. Were they just too dumb to import this whole time?

>implying i ever care about cakeshit

You ok there man?

ZUN's initial stance on his previous games was "as long as I can sell X amount then I am not too concerned what happens beyond that". Of course he always sold his predetermined amount in a day and fans were willing to embrace that. Now that he is officially moving into an actual distribution channel those same fans want to support him. ZUN has decided he wants to sell more than X copies and the fans will embrace that new stance. That's probably all it is.

Congratulations, in a general known for stupid posters making terrible posts, this is the worst post we've ever had.

youtube.com/watch?v=zYPhXA2zHCU

>all other shmup devs have been BTFO
>touhou is now OBJECTIVELY the biggest and best series the genre has ever had
LMAO GET OWNED FAGS HAHAHAHA

Do u think cave will cancel their mobile game and go "W-WAIT WE CHANGED OUR MIND, COME BACK WE CAN STILL MAKE SHMUPS"

haha lol epic fuck shmups!

Is that supposed to make a terrible post any less terrible?

I can recall one or two posts in the past of a similar structure, so it's probably tied for those.

So? That doesn't make it any less stupid or obnoxious.

It's disappointing to see /shmupg/ sink down to the level of /v/'s console wars tier shitposting.

Just dont succumb to alcoholism and youll be fine Ivan

Yes, just had good rng and got the tower right. Pic related is kind of my pb in stage 1.

Generally, I get better at the game, but milking catspider always kills me..

It's time to join the winning team, boys. Leave these dusty old arcade relics in the trash where they belong.

so close to that western world record, i can almost taste it!

A bunch of memeing is irrelevant to the daily shitpost derailing by kraut and cee.

what gaem

Why is Dodonpachi 2 a meme? What about it is bad?

if it's not presented by cave, why present it at all?

How can be Touhou for pedos when kraut, a legal lolicon, hates it.

Most of the cast is 16 or older. Reimu is at least 15 in the first game.

It has hags, too. So it's ok.

2hu only peaked at 200 players. i think everyone who bought it just spam review, it didn't sell great

Isn't the Steam statistic something like only 7% of people who purchase a game leave a review for it? Even if we are generous and round that up to 10% it has sold really great so far for a first 'day'.

Just because you are pedo doesn't mean you have to like everything cute.
I'm not one of those degenerate MLP pedos, I'm more the Lewis Carrol type. A gentleman and a scholar pedo.

Alice in Wonderland by kraut fucking when?

No amount of romanticization will allow you to disassociate yourself from the degenerates you share company with.

praise be to ZUN, saviour of the genre

Ketsui is hard

that's a very good coin count for gensuke whose lower shot freq means you get less but he catches up with the piercing shot in later stages.

Fuck off. Most men are secretly pedos themselves anyway. To act as if being pedo would be something special is one of the biggest hypocricies of our times.

Thanks. Like I said, generally I get better at the game, but that fucking catspider... The rng is killing me there. It's complete bullshit.

500m is free

don't deflect from your faggotry by attacking us when like it or not we have conversations.

>What about it is bad?
nothing really, it just feels very different but is a decent game in its own right.

don't obsess over it yet, you can get 40+ with ver little spider milk.

along they keep it in their heads im fine with but actual diddling = death deserved.

2 threads ago
>Lmao. You chav always blaming RNG because you are a garbage player. You just need to get good.
now
>The rng is killing me there. It's complete bullshit.

>actual diddling = death deserved
I think you underestimate how horny children can be... It also differs greatly how mature they are. Many children are way smarter than many adults, just saying...

Great job at taking everything I said out of context and twisting your own version out of it. I never said he is false when blaming rng on the cat. Rng is a big factor on the cat. I just said he shouldn't merely blame rng on the endboss. Prometheus was just very good at dodging there.

A child is not developed enough to make sensible decisions, the fact they are lead by primitive desires at times is precisely a mark of their naivety which makes them easy prey for manipulative predators, if you touch a child you're dying... painfully as far as i'm concerned. Children being smarter than adults is an oxymoron and logically impossible, nothing more than a fickle excuse you may use to justify being a selfish vile pedo.

I think Germany needs to have another go at Aktion T4. Just saying...

>Children being smarter than adults is an oxymoron and logically impossible
Where is this impossible? Do you know how dumb many people are? Adults are mostly naiv and fucking stupid themselves.
Also, it's a completely subjective matter anyway, because not everyone sees sex as something "sacred" as you apparently do.