/nioh/ - Nioh General

Bloody Grave Sleeping Samurai edition

information
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon of the North
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Defiant Honor
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Bloodshed End

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armor/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armor and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armor/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beginner's guide:
pastebin.com/PkSN7nYt

FAQ:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

Smithing text list:
docs.google.com/document/d/1dCPVlyB7avz7yJPzST4_JBSsCTLPaZFm97QwDzTiiu8/edit#

Unique helmet list:
imgur.com/vr1oLWu

Waiting for dataminers edition

who needs falchions when you got these

huh

should i get the game on PC or PS4?
i have a beefy PC with a gamepad and a PS4 pro

Just finished the main game and the duo boss fights.
What do I do next if I want items higher than lvl 150?
Abyss? Way of the whatever? DLC - if yes, which one?

Also how do I forge green armor?

The complete edition is cheaper on PC. You can get a key from sites like GMG for 38 bucks vs the 50 for retail.

ah alright i'll do that then, is it cross platform?

You can forge green armor by breaking down green items to get divine fragments. Use them during forging.

I'd do at least the first DLC before going to Way of the Strong. I beat it earlier today on Way of the Samurai and it wasn't too bad. Going to try my hand at DLC2 later.

Yeah, directly to the left of the shrine where you start is a grave by someone called GguRu67

Drops 8 mil amrita

But do I get items higher than level 150 during the dlc?

>okatsu boss fight
>keep getting distracted by dem feet and legs

truly the hardest fight in this game

are items are locked to 150 ? i 'am on ng + and i can't get any higher level weapons

>Hey Ryu, did I ever tell you about that time back in 1600 when I killed your ancestor and had the Dragon Sword dismantled for parts? Fun times.

>i had more trouble with nue than i did with ice bitch and nobunaga duo fight
am i retarded

way of sam/strong is largely locked to 150-160 with a few + upgrades. Way of the Demon is when the differences become significant.

what game?

No you don't, but you get a shit load of divine items you can break down for divine fragments. When you start Way of the Strong you'll be able to forge some really good armor with all that shit.

so basically the best items there are 150+10 greens the whole time?

If I use Tadakatsu's skin will I be xboxhuge like he is?

What equipment pieces have fire damage up aside from accessories and cannons?

musou stars

weapons

I thought there's only fire damage bonuses for weapons?
What i'm looking for is to push flame dragon damage as far as possible.

I just finished the 3rd mission and feel like the game is too easy. I'm using odachi and can kill 90% enemies by spamming same move and abusing superior range. Should I switch to different weapon or the game will get harder later on?

No. gear up to +4 will drop depending on which DLC you're in, though. You have to complete Way of the Strong to get above 150 +10. It was the only postgame content when the game was released, there was no reason to have anything stronger. With the way the game is now you could probably just skim through for the missions with skillpoint locks and unique gear.

if you beat the DLC main missions you'll automatically get Queen's Eyes on way of the strong, allowing you to skip straight to WotDemon

you mean like a fire property on the weapon so it does fire damage? weapons also have +40-50% elemental damage I'm pretty sure

Kigetsu or Tatenashi for tanking?

both

Grace of Kagatsuchi 7pc

Is it worth transferring to the red camp seeing as the blue camp can't possibly win now? It says my rewards will be reduced by 60% but the losing camp doesn't get jackshit anyhow, right?

I just want that honor cost reduction...

Are there any other Ninja sets besides Head of the Iga Clan?

Hayabusa

GIVE ME YOUR FUCKING SMITHING TEXT

those are Fire Damage (Weapon)

not much you can do. you could try using two fire spirits if you're not already.
the defense down on scorch from ninetails is great.

Sarutobi set for tonfa and paralysis
Hayabusa if you want to buff your melee and ninjutsu damage to the max.

if you don't have item drop rate and human item drop rate on head, legs, feet, gloves and ranged weapon and item drop rate +25% on chest with itokuri as your guardian spirit you're farming texts all wrong

>game pushes ki pulse constantly
>seems useless

is there any actual reason to use ki pulse rather than a combo finisher, because im not seeing one.

>Hayabusa if you want to buff your melee and ninjutsu damage to the max.
Hayabusa damage buff works for ninjutsu items too?

fuuuuck, i had onryoki at like 1% healt and he did this move he hadnt done yet with his ball where he smashed it down, i tried to block instead of dodge for some reason and got my shit smashed
fuckin kill meeee
when will i git gud

when you realize that like souls games, blocking is kind of shit. either parry or abuse dodge iframes

Do you prefer constantly being out of stamina and playing like a little baby?

If i want to throw a lot of Storm Kunai and shit, would i go with Iga Ninja?

Are the new Weapon Throw affixes better than Unlimited Ninjutsu?

>those are Fire Damage (Weapon)
oh, my bad

I also think you get more stamina back the more str you have too

but why bother when doing the combo finisher does more damage
not like you actually need the ki to block since you can literally run away from most attacks and make them miss you

The true strength of the Iga set isn't unlimited ninjutsu, it's the ninja tool recovery when living weapon ends.

you do it after your combo finisher you retard

unlimited ninjutsu was never good to begin with
1 piece of Iga gives you like 45% ninjutsu item regen on living weapon
if you want to go full fuckface with throwing a mix of both iga and hayabusa, craft ASSLOADS of gloves and look for inheritable thrown damage x2, repeat until you have four of them, put them on other armour pieces and find accessories with damage buff to kunai and shuriken
from what i remember, this shit allows to dish out 18k damage per kunai on wotn with 200 dex and weakness talisman

>when you realize that like souls games, blocking is kind of shit
red memon shitter detected

I see
Still, is that the best set for a throwing/tool build?

Also i heard there is some affix or skill that gives you twice the amount of throwing weapons but i've never seen it

doesnt let me after combo finisher, the little bar disappears

i actually dont even know what red demon is, i just started playing

probably because you're completely out of ki since you don't pulse

Alright, thanks
I have never done inheritance so i don't actually know how to inherit the skills that are marked with the [-] type thing.
I thought it was just by using the equipment with the skill as material in soul matching but apparently not.

>i actually dont even know what red demon is, i just started playing
then you're not qualified to tell people how effective blocking may or may not be are you

This is using Flux (a slightly more advanced form of pulsing) that actually gives you more ki than what you used. Here you see it used to keep up the offensive by having a full bar of ki for attacking throughout the chain and having plenty to block with.

yes
Thrown Weapon Damage
Thrown Weapon Damage x2 change
shuriken and kunai damage
kyaku-dama and horoku-dama damage up
all better than unlimited jutsu.

>pick Neko as your main spirit and Tanuki as your secondary
>gain ninjutsu regen on LW
>use yasakani magatama
>1piece Iga armor to stack regen and get over 80% ninjutsu regen on LW
>6 piece hayabusa for Dragon Sword: Truth buff to the hayabusa kusarigama, dragon sword, and your ninjutsu (from what I hear and from experience seems to be a whopping 20%)

Nekomata possibly has the shortest LW gauge charge in the game. You won't even use 10 kunai before you have the ability to refill them.

Inheritance works by making sure the gear with the skill you want to transfer is at max familiarity, and then using that gear as the material for soul matching. The gear your transferring it to will only accept the new skill if it doesn't have any conflicting skills. If it doesn't have an inheritable slot, it'll place it in an empty slot and the gear you're transferring to will be reset to zero familiarity.

you are mistaking me; im talking about the special moves you can do after or during a combo like the low stance heavens-whatever where you jump up and slice down, or the kick that does ki damage. the moment i do those things the pulse bar disappears and i cant pulse

>block
>shits on your ki
>you now have less to attack with while hes open
>dodge
>ki is almost unchanged
>you now have more to attack with while hes open

stop using low toughness armor and your block won't feel like it's made of wet paper, stop arguing with people who have actually played the game for longer than ten minutes like you're a fucking authority

im not claiming to be authority im just stating logical fact. no matter how high your tuffness is it probably isnt gonna be better in terms of ki management than a single dodge

>no matter how high your tuffness is it probably isnt gonna be better in terms of ki management than a single dodge
100% incorrect, and dodging alone isn't going to save your skin
get used to blocking and stop talking like you know shit, newbie

yea i guess the mid stance perfect Ki pulse allowing you to block an attack for 0 stamina cost isn't gonna let you keep up the offense better than a dodge that uses more stamina no sirree

>failed to collect the full templar looking set in the beginning of the game
Where can I get gaijin armor.

I see, so the dlc is basically something that is hard to finish with lvl 150+x gear?

they don't drop that much for me, despite me being around lvl 100, so it can't be the level difference

but I had that on occasion too, some revenant dropping like 10 times as much amrita as the others for no apparent reason

so why do you sometimes get that much amrita?

you get back there at the end of the main game

Ogress mask has fire damage bonus.

Not all of them do, only a few and the one guy i talked about in the previous post is gone now.
Can't find any other on the beach at the moment

The only hard part is learning the new enemies and bosses. A lot of them are very aggressive.

Assuming you know what you're doing with your gear and how to raise plus levels, +10 will make you about as powerful as you need to be to do the DLC on Strong.
The game is balanced around that gear cap. You only need higher than 150+ when you get to WotD

Is there any way to check if the inherited skill is conflicting with another skill on the equipment beforehand or is it something you just have to know?

For example, i have Iga Clan hands with both Throwing Weapon Damage and Kunai & Shuriken Damage Up, and another Iga Clan hands with Throwing Weapon Damage x2 chance.

Can i inherit the Throwing Weapon Damage x2 chance onto that gear or does it conflict with Throwing Weapon Damage and/or Kunai & Shuriken Damage?

pretty sure you can infuse weapons up to +15 in way of the strong? They won't drop that high though.

25 Nobunaga's for the Tatenashi smithing text

I am free.

Forgot to add that yes, the Throwing Weapon Damage x2 chance on the 2nd Iga Clan hands i have is its inheritable skill

Is there a resource somewhere that shows what drops various smithing texts that's actually updated for all the DLC's?

Can you not forge high + gear?

Is there any point to making stuff on WotW/N?

> allowing you to block an attack for 0 stamina cost
how do you that my stamina bar always get rekt when i block a attack

You can defile gear so crafting is useful again

The only way to know for sure is to actively test for a conflict. The only other way is, as you say, to just know which effect pools contain conflicting effects.

Off the top of my head, I'm fairly sure throwing damage up will conflict with 2x throw damage chance.

Does this mean that beating the dlc in wotStrong will unlock eyes in wotDemon as well?

Too bad.

I see, thank you.
Though most of the enemies are agressive as fuck anyway.

>run yokai realm with strangers on PC
>run into three separate people who are healing for 9 million HP every second
>transform skins for characters I've never even seen
>they play like garbage and can barely manage to kill enemies
>only alive because of their non-stop regen
Why would you even play a video game like this? Where's the fun?

Can't stand using Spear/Odachi anymore, recommend me 2 other weapons RIGHT NOW

Do you get the kissu if you can go through the whole level without poop proccing?

Why even play co op like that?

Tonfa and kusarigama

Probably just to show off his mad skills

no

Why isn't he a boss? You get to fight literally who odachi babby sasaki kojiro but the GOAT is just a minor sidequest character

Because historically Kojiro got fucked and that makes him fair game to get beaten up by a gaijin. Musashi is too culturally precious to be smacked around by the waito piggu.

wait until you lads get to the last wave of the grand tournament lol

He is a boss.

what's the best to find builds? I've finished the first playthrough blind and would like to see what the general ideas are so i can adapt mine

So I've seen a few videos where people have their guardian out behind them for long periods of time, how do I do that? I want to keep Nekomata around

sounds like bullshit, post these videos

you're talking shit while admitting you haven't played the game enough to know. Put on some fucking medium armor and tel me blocking is useless baby boy. blocking is often far more useful than a single dodge ki management-wise. It depends on the enemy and the attack

>logical fact
>PROBABLY
so you're guessing because you don't know so not really a logical fact then huh dumbboy

I'm not reading this whole big gay argument you guys are having, but just stating facts here: toughness has a huge impact on the amount of ki consumed by blocking, in that it reduces it by a whole lot. Stacking that with a guardian spirit or gear that reduces ki consumed by blocking can make for a radically different gameplay experience.

-t. ninja who used to be a heavy armor/axe guy

Just beat NG, about to move to way of the strong. Walk me through why people are grinding so long on bosses for specific weapon texts. Is it because they're a part of a set? Through forging I was pretty sure you could basically get whatever special effects on a weapon you want, so I'm assuming it's because the weapons are set weapons?

it's just a renamed mook, kojiro actually has some moves