How come the Roman statues never had like raging hard ons or big dicks?

How come the Roman statues never had like raging hard ons or big dicks?

Pic unrelated.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_themes_in_classical_mythology
nytimes.com/interactive/2016/10/30/magazine/black-male-sexuality-last-taboo.html?_r=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

there was a Roman god who was always portrayed with a boner

pretty sure they made a statue of a trap with an erection. if someone knows what i'm talking about plz post it

Because they understood humans and knew that the huge dick would get all the focus and the beautiful piece of art would be ignored.

Also small dicks were seen as more civilized or something back then, lel

So aut-rightists would be able to idolize them without feeling more insecure about big black dicks

haha civilized

I tried searching "roman empire transexual art," all I got off gladiator male slave orgies.

Small dicks were seen as patrician for all of history until the modern world

Which funnily enough coincided with the advent of white guilt and globalism

Because sex is inherently vulgar and disgusting.

Which is coincidentally also why it is essential to destroy all representations of females.

The Greeks found a small phallus aesthetic. The Romans meanwhile depicted rather large dongs in their art. Now the Egyptians, they had a real fascination with depicting big ol' horizontal meat obelisks. Look up the fertility god Min, for instance.

Because bigger dicks can break and fall off easier from a statue.

Hermaphroditus?

Ok here is the deal: A friend of mine writes her PhD about trans-sexuality and transspecinism in Greek art. If the first post responding to mine is non-retarded I will e-Mail her and pose OPs question and ask for an explanations and examples.

It's got more to do with female emancipation. The only thing women really have is shaming men, but its gotten ridiculously blatant.

I mean the BBC thing doesn't really put black men on a pedestal, it just creates this archetype that theyre human dildoes for white women to satiate their degeneracy on before they go marry some stupid cuckold to settle down.

same is true for arms you fucktard

>A friend of mine writes her PhD about trans-sexuality and transspecinism in Greek art.

None of what you said is about history, this thread or even based on reality.

Notice how in statues arms aren't awkwardly stretched out for no fucking reason but rather adjoined to the torso or at best crossed or strongly supported by the torso? Even noses fall off an arms don't. Dicks are thinner and longer proportionally than noses, they would fucking fall off if erect.

Well I mean they depicted trans bulls and no one really knows why.

>Notice how in statues arms aren't awkwardly stretched out for no fucking reason but rather adjoined to the torso or at best crossed or strongly supported by the torso?
No.

>and no one really knows why.

And neither does she, and she has now paid the university 100000 dollars to let everyone know she has no idea aswell.

>she has now paid the university 100000 dollars to let everyone know she has no idea aswell.
Why would she pay the university? Also if you think that trans-stuff isn't important you should do some basic reading on Greek mythology.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_themes_in_classical_mythology
But I actually think the word trans just trigger you really hard so I don't really expect a coherent reply.
>she has no idea as well.
Pro tip: Science means you don't know the answer to your questions before doing science. It's not like the pseudo-debates in your facebook bubble.

I have an average sized dick but get with me an all your desires will be furfilled XD

>Why would she pay the university?

University isn't free. She has debt.

>Pro tip: Science means you don't know the answer to your questions before doing science. It's not like the pseudo-debates in your facebook bubble.

What she's doing isn't science.

nytimes.com/interactive/2016/10/30/magazine/black-male-sexuality-last-taboo.html?_r=0

ok friend

>University isn't free. She has debt.
Yes, it is and no, she doesn't.
>What she's doing isn't science.
Science is what scientists and people paying the scientists is science. Also you don't know what she is doing and you never read an archeology paper so your opinion is really not important.

My opinion is pretty valuable, as I am a classical philologist by profession.

Her paper is only going to be full of conjecture.

No, your are not and if you think that PhD is writing a "paper" you prove you are a stranger to academics.

Myron's original Diskobolos was a bronze sculpture. The marble copy you posted has an additional log at the feet of the athlete, because without it the feet would not be able to withstand the weight of the torso. As bronze sculptures are hollow, they don't need additional foundation. You chose to ignore this however to prove him wrong.

>philologist
>talking about conjectures
Oh the ironing.

A bronze sculpture is still a statue and i didn't chose to ignore anything. I literally know nothing about Greek art except for the handbooky stuff I read like 6 years ago. I was serious in not seeing how Greek artists not able to show stretched out arms.

>and if you think that PhD is writing a "paper" you prove you are a stranger to academics.

Haha okay bro.

>not addressing a single point in any of my 3 posts
>hehe I will post some memes that will show him
Europeans don't need to publish pre-PhD which you would know if you would be familiar with history journals. Especially in Philology Europeans (Italians, French and Germans) are important but hey you thought people need to pay universities to get a PhD when it's exactly the opposite :-^^
Not even mad though just amused be the fact that you would lie about your profession online. I mean you could burn me with you Latin and prove how good you are, couldn't you?

Well, I'm neither Italian, nor French nor German.

I'm also a Ancient Greek philologist, not Latin(even though I have some knowledge of it).

Here in Norway, university is free, however in practice it isn't, because you need money to live, so unless you have a job on the side of your university life you need to assume debt.

A PhD, is a paper here, but it isn't just *a paper* obviously. You have to bring something new to the table, which is why several of my contemporaries don't care about their PhD at all.

Jesus Christ

>Also small dicks were seen as more civilized or something back then, lel
Actually Greek (and by extension Roman) culture was favoring boyish looks, hence the wee peenz

>Well, I'm neither Italian, nor French nor German.
>and I don't read international journals
>I'm also a Ancient Greek philologist, not Latin(even though I have some knowledge of it).
>hehe I chose just to repeat what I said without delivering any sort of prove
>Here in Norway, university is free, however in practice it isn't, because you need money to live, so unless you have a job on the side of your university life you need to assume debt.
>which I claim while even in Denmark right around the corner PhD students get paid by the state
>I also don't know about scholarships or people being employed be the institute
>A PhD, is a paper here, but it isn't just *a paper* obviously. You have to bring something new to the table, which is why several of my contemporaries don't care about their PhD at all.
>implying 3 years of research result in a paper and not a book
>studying Greek philology in Norway
Just stop.

Yeah, and it should worry you that people get paid by the state to research gender in a culture that has been dead for 2300 years.

She doesn't get paid by the state. Also following your argumentation I should worry that taxpayers paid for your training in a language that never was spoken in your country and has been dead for centuries. Also good riddance once again ignoring most of my post and fighting a straw-man.

>She doesn't get paid by the state

So she has debt then. Which is what I originally said.

You seem exceedingly butthurt.

I already mentioned scholarships and she has one. She also is employed to teach basic Greek. Learn to read please.

>scholarship to research gender

>too much of a retard to acquire a scholarship or a research grant
Once again a proof that you are not an academic. There are many scholarships which are considered an award and are mentioned like that in your CV. But keep flipping burgers Thore, if that's what you want.

Flipping burgers is preferable to being in academia infested with pseudo-science and gender maniacs.

>I'm also a Ancient Greek philologist
>I hate academia
You are either bad and/or lying but you are sure as hell turbo assblasted. Also please define pseudo-science and tell me who coined that term (pro tip: it was a scientist and you are using the word wrong).

because a flaccid penis symbolised control, which when we have statues of scientists and state rulers it makes sense they'd be flaccid. Whereas erections showed a lack of self control and unending rage, so unless Khorne made it into the Pantheon I doubt a god would want to be portrayed as a mad animal.

It gets even worse when you realise the BBC thing is a fake meme that gained traction originally due to a racist study about blacks being inferior savages and then a subsequent study that used flawed testing methods such as self reporting. The results they got at one point were so outlandish that they originally believed the average Congolese penis to be about as large as the Guinness world record.

Still to this day the world penis map is catalogued through self-reporting whereas real medical studies get results like picrelated.

I need someone to cook and you do that?

apparently pompeii is filled with erotic art, hard dicks, phallic statues and all that. It seems as if the Christians white washed the roman art that was passed down over the ages, while the stuff that was buried showed they were some weird ass dudes.

I don't undersand your post.

small dick = civilized

big dick = barbarian

So why do Asian Americans have slightly bigger dicks than their non-immigrating counterparts? Is it due to admixture?

diet

asians in asia just eat rice and remain perpetual manlets while asian americans get to experience the amerifat diet

This doesn't seem far fetched with all of the religions that popped up after wards and probably got rid of shit load of history because of it being blasphemous or muslim equivalent of that.

Plus soy, than is choke full of xenoestrogens. Than aren't good for you.

to prevent the dong arms race of course

This statue was not originally carved in marble, I think this copy was made a long time after the original.
What he is saying is that marble statues back in the day didn't have outstretched arms, and that your example doesn't apply because:
>the marble copy is not from greek, but from roman times
>the original is not in marble, but in bronze.
>they could do bronze sculptures outstretched back in the day

fertility gods in many religions manifest as large phallus', it's not some homosexual meme

Romans saw themselves as the more civilized society in its day. Thats all.