Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Public Beta on 12/9, 3 days, 3 hunts: G. Jagras, Barroth, Anjanath, PS4 only, requires PSN+
↳Paris trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>Quick Reference
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld,
MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/11/17/monster-hunter-world-bestiary-day-3-the-destructive-titan-nergigante.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Huntresses

How much do you think they are nerfing CB MV and KO values?

Take no stock in these things about the Dragon War, there is no direct evidence in the games for them, just circumstantial at best. Everything ever talked about with the Dragon War is unused concepts, like the Equal Dragon Weapon and thus aren't canon.

People like BannedLagiacrus of the Wikia have spread the notion that everything in those books is canon but they are literally just concepts. MH is very low fantasy, and generally very grounded in medieval science, and shows things like direct predator-prey relationships, evolution and direct relatives, adaptation, etc, which is why you should take no stock in things like a literal war between ancient people and sentient dragons.

A figurative "war" for survival is absolutely plausible, such as the one we currently have in the games, since that's just nature as we have now. We kill dragons fairly en masse to protect people, stabilize ecosystems, and to create equipment, and the ancients likely did the same.

However, I'm definitely denying something as ridiculous as an "epic" war where a bunch of flying lizards coming together to fight an ancient human race over essentially making a cyborg out of their kind. That said, it makes the most sense to consider the idea of the Dragon War to be a highly embellished version of events from the past, rather than cut-and-dry canon.

Get ready for the only good elder dragon fight in the series apart from Gogmazios.

Food.

Nergigante is an elderdragon?

Monstresses

I love me some veggies (meat)

>4chin lorefags ultra assblasted that a literal fucking reddittor BTFO them this hard
lmao

>"MH is very low fantasy"
>right after addressing the jet dragon
also why would they be absolutely sure that elder dragons aren't capable of any kind of complex thought?
"non-sentient reptiles" is a vast understatement
I think this post was made be a dragon

what does a huntress smell like?

>"For the greatsword, we’ve taken the way that the monster’s spikes unfold, and when you do a charge attack the spikes are going to suddenly pop out. The bowguns take the powerful silhouette of the monster and also its spikiness and implement that into some seriously dangerous-looking guns. Most of the bowguns are quite long and slender, so having this more close-cropped, almost sawed-off shotgun approach makes them look more dangerous, and they’re quite unique in the universe of Monster Hunter.”

gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/11/17/monster-hunter-world-bestiary-day-3-the-destructive-titan-nergigante.aspx
Nergigante's design ideas. I love the thoughts behind it

Valfuck is one of the more "grounded" (for mh standards, a game with dragons that control wind for no reasons) since they actually bothered to somewhat explain how it works instead of going the classic "its elder dragon shit fuck off" route

The thing that I find retarded about valfalk is that it just doesn't feel feasible that a monster like that has enough of a capacity to generate dragon element to fly around for an extended period of time. Short bursts, sure, but across an ocean? No fucking way

Sweat

Kirin R-chan is cute.

Sweat, leather, sulfur. Nothing good, probably.

No, he's a neopteron that looks like a dragon

It's a videogame, a JAPANESE videogame at that
If we follow this logic Khezu would never be able to create physical balls of electricity and Seregios would pluck itself naked after 1 minute of fighting
Also remember that it's an elder dragon, their entire theme is being mysterious and making no sense

>Advanced: The Master's Test
How the hell am I supposed to solo three apex monsters in arena

I don't mind the whole "lmao it's elder dragons i aint gotta explain shit" aspect. I really don't. I'm just saying that if you're saying that valfuck makes sense, then it really doesn't, to me.

>valfuck
>grounded
Literally AND figuratively assbackwards
Just because you have an explanation for it that works in universe that doesn't mean it's grounded. That just makes it lean a bit toward hard science fiction.
It's STILL a goddamn dragon that SOMEHOW ended up with a jet engine in its chest. Explain how that shit happened
Someone post the infographic for Amatsu's breath

I want to find out.

Acquire proficiency.

This slutwear had better be in World.

You mean the one where it does some nuclear fusion shit and makes water happen out of nitrogen or some shit?

Yeah
also I found out that I had it

They brought it back for Gen/XX as a craftable, and Kirin wear is iconic.
I don't see why they wouldn't.

Maybe as a cosmetic? Easy money right.

It's called the MASTER's test for a reason, huntress shitter

>It's STILL a goddamn dragon that SOMEHOW ended up with a jet engine in its chest. Explain how that shit happened
Evolution?maybe primitive valfucks jumped off cliffs like lemmings until one of them fucked a jet
I mean it's a big boy tier monster, the most """normal""" one of that tier is a literal super sayan with a thunder laser

>freehunt is back
Thank god. Expeditions weren't even close to being as fun as freehunts.

I hope that freehunts let you have some unique rewards as well.

use top of line grank equipment

>3u
>do free hunts
>barely do two monster and got bored

>4u
>do g rank expidition
>after kill the five monster I go again for another five
>and again
>and again
>and again

I don't know. Expeditions are really fun to me and I don't mind if I get Garuga, Najarala and two Savage and the same expedition.

Oh yeah, since houses are back I'd imagine trading for decorations is as well.

I'd argue that spot goes to Chameleos.
Other than his bizarre looks, he's not all too spectacular. He spits a variety of liquids and can go 99% invisible. And even that's quite a bit less outlandish than the next guy.
Maybe even Lao? He's arguably the most [realistic] dragon, aside from being wumbo sized.

Chameleos is pretty outlandish to me, literal invisibility is quite spectacular
But yeah Lao is pretty tame

Well, what I meant is that Chameleos is basically just an oversized chameleon with wings and a camouflage factor appropriate for chameleon based fantasy critters
His shtick has been done plenty before

Well I'd never do continuous freehunting but it's a great way to warm up or get a feel of a new weapon.

Regarding CB
>feels more powerful and even more fluid than it has ever been before
What did Gaijinhunter mean by this?

>wife beater

It means CB/LBG meta boys

>at least as broken as it was in 4U
>can now charge the sword
>UAED No longer consumes shield charge, is actually viable
>ridiculous slide slashes
>elemental phials buffed
Rip guild card

*nerfs MV and KO values by 40%*

*blocks your cb's path*

>tfw CBfag
>tfw all I ever wanted was less raw/KO and more element so I could see those dank elemental UAEDs without gimping myself

>Using anything but the bow
How will you properly immerse yourself in the Horizon: Zero Dawn experience if you use a Charge Blade whilst playing as Aloy?

>at least as broken as it was in 4U
The thing that was broken about CB in 4U was the damage, not the moveset.

There's always mh3u voor Wii U ?

>playing as a female

>108 MV + few cents from AED
>broken
LOL!Thats less than two SnS combos

heh... guess I won't have to hold back anymore

>gunning

>not gunning

Gunning is cheese mode

Will they be doing any capcom crossovers like the dmc and okami palico costumes? I want a ghost trick one already.

No. Enjoy your Aloy costumes.

>ghost trick
>ever getting mentioned again

Griffin Armor from DD for Worlds!

Morgana Palico when?

What are you talking about? It gets all the recognition it deserves!

You know that's not Sissel right

>DR4
>good

Ghost Trick deserves better.

>Cart
>Your morgana palico turns into the mementos car

She a cute, A CUTE

>only cute when animefied
lol

Are you expecting him to dress up as a cat?

well technically he briefly goes by that name off-screen

no, shes cute while making my meaty vegies too, no bully

She's also cute when she's being swallowed whole by a Great Jagras.

But I want to be vored, not that slut.

You can get swallowed along with her.

That's kinda gross but I'll take it.

>not wanting to be digested alive with your handler while she describes how the process works

Thanks a lot, user. You've just made me lose a fetish.

Leave my waifu alone you freaks

>Heavenward Flurry and element discharge as morph attacks from axe mode
That's fucking rad.

>FU
>try Narga bow on Plesioth
>takes literally twice as long as any other weapon I have
Is the bow literally HALF as strong as any other weapon in this game? What did they MEAN by this?

first world monster I don't really like, testucabra-tier

people say you need to have a high IQ to use bows properly

>tfw 2 smrt too 7se bow

>join lobby
>takes 10 minutes for everyone to get ready for a quest
Every fucking time

>jump into turning charge
Tigrex sure is fun.

>hunting with randoms

>having friends

Just sidestep:the monster

/mhg/ is my friend. Mostly anyways.

>the fucking snakes that inhabit this general
>friends
We all hate eachother here

I hate everyone here and I wouldn't have it any other way

It's frustrating cause it leaves zero opening, depending how it ends the charge.

i like you

No you don't

fuck you

>no rat monster

Same

Show me your butt you dumb slut.

yeah, i do

:3

;3