/d2g/ - Dota 2 General

>INFORMATION & GUIDES
Major patch: dota2.com/duelingfates (7.07)
Minor patch: dota2.com/news/updates/ (7.07c)
New players: purgegamers.true.io/g/dota-2-guide/
New players (League refugee edition): dotabuff.com/learn/lol
Wiki: dota2.gamepedia.com/
Blog: blog.dota2.com/
Lore: dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=35923
Guides: steamcommunity.com/app/570/guides
Cosmetic simulator: dotaloadout.com/
Competitive Scene: wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Main_Page
Interactive Map: devilesk.com/dota2/apps/interactivemap/

>STATISTICS
Competitive DOTA 2 analysis: datdota.com/
Personal statistics: dotabuff.com/
Personal statistics#2: opendota.com/
Hero stats: devilesk.com/dota2/heroes/herodata/
Hero and DPS calculator: devilesk.com/dota2/apps/hero-calculator/

>NEWS & STREAMS
joindota.com/
gosugamers.net/
liquiddota.com/
Streamlink: github.com/streamlink/streamlink
GUI: github.com/streamlink/streamlink-twitch-gui

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/User:S4RMa/Torte_De_Lini
twitch
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

memes

rip offlane 2013-2017

Reminder that treads are better than phase boots on Spectre and Tort de Blini is dumb for suggesting them in his guide.

Has anybody else been playing crystalys Wraith King?

He also doesn't suggest aeon disk on Centaur. It's the best lategame item on him.

torte de linis guides seem pretty shitty to me in general, although im just a 5k trash player

>4 days until new ranked
What should I do meanwhile, dotards?

How come pinoys never answer when you say something like 'haha are you philipines too? i am lol'. Why would they be ashamed of their heritage?

Torte recommends a lot of dumb shit.
>arcane on pango

Tort de shilling here care to explain why tread are better than phase boots on spectre????

90's minutes till the PW minor starts

Secret have no midone. cty is a decent mid but they're probably fucked

this game is great at first destroying all my free time and then destroying my self worth as a person as i go on another 8 loss streak after 1 win

in case you didn't get an answer:
the artist is boshi, no idea wht the name of the doujin is

did he die?

Because she already has a movespeed buff to herself and a movespeed nerf to enemies from dagger and she needs attack speed way more than damage so she can do more desolate damage with her illusions.

It used to say radiance on pangolier as well but I guess he changed it

tbqh I like it if you're constantly fighting

Is there a way to be comfy and tryhard in ranked at the same time? It used to be decently easy in the last patch, I just went offlane, got my 6 and set up kills for my team. Now offlane is fucked up and you're either playing mid or carry and the weight of the world is upon you, or you're pos 3-5 and you are almost powerless. It's horribly exhausting

why is every single pro using phase boots?

Whoa. Secret really is diverse

i honestly think phase boots are better than treads on 90% of heroes. the extra chase or escape you get every few seconds is just immensely powerful. torte de lini recommends treads on fucking viper of all heroes, the 270 ms flying turd that doesn't need to right click much at all to do damage

literally the only reason to get treads is treads switching on heroes like sven, or if the hero REALLY needs attack speed like tony

because pros go for kills

Picking Huskar.

there are literally 0 black people in the dota 2 scene, couldn't be less diverse

almost 6 months not playing

is elder titan still irrelevant?

im surprised cyborgfatt and sunbhie allow any white people on the team, desu

>no black people in dota 2 scene
>every pro listens to rap tohugh

probably more irrelevant than ever due to offlaners being irrelevant in general

7.07 is basically mid & carry the patch, everyone else just kills time until they come out of the jungle to end the game

honestly they probably forbade him from coming
ACE blocked his visa or some shit
notice how the other euro team is kinguin, and the euro quals were all tier 2-3 teams? The chinese probably don't want to get btfo on their home turf and so they're trying to gimp all the incoming teams

Torte guides are meant to be an okay-ish baseline for retards to work with instead of buying Maelstrom and Shadow Blade on every hero.

The new in-game guide tool is meant for you to make your own. It's actually pretty comfy.

who is Tortelini?

ayo since this is the designated shitposting thread can we scream about politics here

Why are chinks so pathetic?

Not surprising, it's mostly chinks and slavs since WC3 was popular in regions where people had potato computers and piracy was normal.
In comparison pro fighting games have a ton of black players since the scene developed in southern burgerland

no you're looking for /csgog/

I think you are undervaluing treads a bit, getting 10 strenth/200 hp and 25 atk spd for 950 gold is pretty good
I think in general you build treads if plan to farm a lot, or when you want to tank up a bit

fuck! rip my fav hero

>literally 0 black people in the dota 2 scene
That's where you're actually wrong.

Me

just get the talent

wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/User:S4RMa/Torte_De_Lini

i mean, compared to other offlaners he's probably okay right now. he's a STR initiator that can do his job without money, which means he works well in the current "offlane = suicide lane" meta. you're just basically another pos 4 roamer in terms of gold/xp in most games. you can't even come close to threatening carries or mids as an offlaner anymore if your opponents are on top of their shit

He was their for the media day and played cn pubs

I think he has to be genuinely autistic to put that much effort into organizing and presenting builds on every hero, as well as a self-aggrandizing faggot.

Danke, this entry has been added to your codex

how long until people realize that sometimes the offlane gets zoned and there's nothing he can do about it

so many players flame me for losing my "1v1" (3v1) lane and not having a 12 minute blink

The offlane is harder, but the problem here is that supports in general arent ganking or tping the offlane. Everyone is just sucking mid and carry's dick

I dont think you bought iron talon on every hero.

BadErickWright.

People were spoiled by icefrog making offlane too easy.

>Danke
h-how did you know

unironically nationalism
they're so desperate to look cool that they pull retarded shit

>someone picks techies out of butthurt of getting cucked from some lane
>it ends up winning us game
i swear this happens every single time when someone in my team picks this hero

lmao if you did pic related in a 7.07 you'd lose before 20 minutes

contesting the enemy safelane is just a high-risk low-reward move in general. why bother? just support your own carry. there's nothing you can really do to punish the enemy team when they zone your offlane. i guess you can draft aggressive safe lane solos like clinkz to annoy the enemy offlaner and win some kind of gold advantage that way but who the fuck is going to gamble something like that in a pub game

What is the proper way to play warlock?

Max shadow word or max bonds? or.. upheaval?

what are some heroes who look best without any cosmetics?
ill start: tiny

i've played with him once and the guy is more autistic than EE while tryharding like his in fucking TI every fucking game .

whats wrong with the offlane now besides no more lmao iron talon

shadow words if you need the heal
fatal bonds if there are early teamfights or you have some heavy damage dealers on your team
upheaval is garbage

i just want to say thanks to every single ta poster

2-1-3-4

creeps start way closer to safelaner tower (makes first levels impossible tier with one or two supports zoning you)
easier to steal your bounty (which encourages supports to camp your lane)/rotate to your woods
denies are op

How did EE qualify for dreamleague?

lets see

>deny xp from 70% to 25%
>creeps meet closer to safe lane tower
>shrines way farther from the offlaner
>2 ez bounty runes for enemy supports to collect (rarely efficient or even possible for the offlaner to get them)
>more gold/xp per wave so you only need to zone the offlane for a short while and he can no longer contest the lane at all
>no poor man's shield or iron talon

i think there might be more but that's all that comes to mind for now

when does OpTic play?

>/d2g/ actually explaining things and not just spamming memes
am I in the right general?

this patch has pissed me off and i want people to realize how gay it is so maybe some of it bleeds over to reddit and then we can have a fun offlane again

/d2g/ is a pretty helpful general once the europeans go to sleep

>Finally reached 5k MMR while tryharding hard with carry and mid picks
>Figure that I should just chill the fuck out and do some comfy supporting/roaming heroes because I got burnt out of tryharding it so much
>Bounty is my fav hero so I start maining him even if there are counter picks.
>Support and roam, get mana boots, lens and aghs into utility stuff like force staff, pipe, crimson OCTARINE
>Get the enemy team tilted with all the gorillion damage that a double shuriken bounce can do on each one of them and tracking from almost 1500 cast range WITH the wards I have planted before the battle
>Am so far in a 10 win streak

As long as your carry is not brain dead you can win, and even if he is the moment you reach level 25 (thanks to the 25% exp) and reach level 25 YOUR ALLIES GET 420 SHEKELS.

EXPLAIN THIS DOTARDS.

Why would you get any other boots on Pango tho? Phase is redudant since he has a truckload of mobility and PTs offer nothing that he could take advantage off. Even with the talent he has mana issues and Arcane pretty much fixes that and can be disassembled into Octarine Core later on

based octarine poster

>favorite lane is offlane
why did they decide to fuck it so hard?

SEA is a trashcan currently

>day9 streaming doto
HYUK HYUK HYUK COME WATCH MY PUBS

because they feel compelled to change the game for the sake of change (even though most veterans dislike that)

i don't really know if there's a real reason. they made HG push easier and that was good because HG pushing was unfun. but now they made offlaning unfun and carrying boring. offlane gets an unwinnable lane and safelane gets an unloseable lane. what's the point

Guess who won and why.

abed literally dragged him to victory kicking and screaming

some (((safelaners))) complained about it

I wanna sexual the Puck

is Crystal "Maiden" the most horrible title given to someone in dota land? this "Maiden" doesnt look like a maiden to me , hell Lina the Slayer is more of a maiden compared to this slut.

post TA

Octarine is legit the best item in the game along Force Staff and Scythe of Vyse.
>Octa on Clinkz for permanent Death Pact
>Octa on Weaver for permanent Sukuchi
>Octa + Radiance on Puck for constant AoE damage that the enemy only has 1s to counter
>Octa on Lycan for something like 12s downtime on Shapeshift
>Octa on Lifestealer for 4s downtime on Rage

So good.

>Implying BH is not fotm pick
>Implying the moment the OSFROG realizes bounty is good he wont butcher him like he did do this track flying vision
>Implying implications

BASED 5K RETARD BRO

>even though most veterans dislike that
only the loud ones, most old dota players are used to big changes and appreciate them
>but now they made offlaning unfun and carrying boring
because some people were complaining that offlane was too easy and carry had no impact
now we have am medusa every game

is Puck a boy or a girl?

>only the loud ones, most old dota players are used to big changes and appreciate them
according to a study, it's one of the major reasons dota has bled so many players in the last few years. people often return to play and they find out that everything has changed and they just get turned off.

>because some people were complaining that offlane was too easy and carry had no impact

gosh i wonder who would complain that the lane starts as a 1v3 was too easy

reminder that phase boots are better than treads on broodmother

neither
lore uses it for Puck's pronouns

That's because offlaning was pretty much risk-free since even if you got shut down hard you still had iron talon to bring you back into the game, so any time invested in shutting down an offlaner was basically a waste since they would still get their items anyway. It's pretty obvious that you're not supposed to go solo off all the time. Get a support to watch to help your ass.
It's also one of the main reasons I think Icefrog will nerf roaming to an extent, or at keep hitting specific roaming heroes with nerfs. They're easily the most impactful heroes in the early-game and the majority of them are still amazing as the game goes on and that's all with pretty much no risk involved. Just look at the top picks/bans in the latest matches and most of said heroes are roamers.

not anymore, you are perma phased in nets now, and perma hasted as well

On what twitch channel will the chinese esborts be?

Why do the other heroes hate Jakiro so much?

What happens if you just watch competitive DOTA only because it’s DOTA and you never cared about the teams in the first place, so therefore you cheer for no one?

>or you're pos 3-5 and you are almost powerless.
this is what people who insta-lock mid or hard carry every game actually believe

twitch
.tv/pgl_dota

PW minor stream is live
There are 2 series going on at once for groups
Presumably the Secret match will be on twitch
.tv/pgl_dota2

should i get nugs for the dota tonight :)

Why isn't there a 349394 year old futa gothic loli necromancer hero that rides in the palm of a giant skeleton (zombie in china)?

wow you linked it for me :3c

because futa is gay and dotards arent about that life