Why countries with absolute dogshit currencies simply won't get rid of it and let people use what they like...

Why countries with absolute dogshit currencies simply won't get rid of it and let people use what they like? It's detrimental to economy to use weakening currency.

Why should any state have a government currency in the first place?

does the lord of change will it?

didnt think so

Greatly eases commerce and allows the state to adjust the supply based on economic need.

Multiple currencies in a growing economy is trash tier.

That pretty much happens when country spirals into crisis severe enough for money to have no value.

So why won't they adopt some popular currency instead of enforcing their own toilet paper?

So that they can adjust the supply based on economic need. Having a unified currency that you don't control leads to problems, just look at Europe.

This benefit is completely irrelevant when you have an economy where people transport their money on barrows and there is a black market exchange rate for foreign currencies.

I'm not talking about those economies. You'll notice I was replying to this guy in the first place.

A shit economy either directly using or pegging to a stronger currency has benefits.

>pegging
Shit tier strategy. You can't just set a value on your currency just because you've said so.

As for directly using this is the topic of this thread - why no country does this?

Some countries do it, especially with the USD, either exclusively or technically-pegged but realistically parallel.

>allows the state to adjust the supply based on economic need.

Yes, look how well this works out for us now.

promotes national unity + branding
>"patriotism"

>It's detrimental to economy to use weakening currency.
No, in some ways it is better for an economy to have a depreciating currency.

Pretty well actually. Mistakes are made, but it's better than the time when there was no state currency and every bank was printing their own.

>Mistakes are made, but it's better than the time when there was no state currency and every bank was printing their own.

I disagree. We've traded a little stability in the economy for an opportunity for a select elite to manipulate the currency for their benefit and at our expense. We're increasingly being herded into situations where the only logical action is to consume and to pour the product of our labor into increasingly high-risk, low-return investments. It's not a coincidence that the people who have the most to gain from such a practice are the same ones who are caught in the revolving door between executive positions and central bank offices.

I'd much rather take my chances in the chaos of private currencies than continue to get drained by people on the inside of the central banking cartel. In any case we have the tools and technologies to increasingly find order in said chaos.

Move to Venezuela then it's you think it's a paradise.

>It's detrimental to economy to use weakening currency.
fucking retard

I dont see Venezuelans flooding the market in a bitcoin buying rage. Too busy standing in lines for food.

I think OP is referring to Venezuela situation where majority of transactions are made on black markets because the currency is pegged higher than its actual value

yeah sure when the currency becomes worthless it's detrimental to the economy, but normal inflation is beneficiary. in hyperinflation money loses it's role as money. in normal inflation money keeps it's role in the economy as a medium of exchange but also encourage people to invest their savings and not just sit on it.

so far every fiat system "failed" people claim, but i would like to see any bicyclist that never stopped or fell. so are bicycles a failure because you can't ride the same one forever? is it really the bicycles fault in the end?

Zimbabwe tred that strategy, but it hasn't been a great success. I read a few weeks ago that they were about to run out of money - I don't know what's happened since then.

But no country should be in that situation anyway - it's very easy to avoid a currency collapse. In most cases, the collapse is the direct result of pegging the currency's value. A floating currency is totally immune to that problem.

Floating currencies can still collapse if the government prints money and uses it to make foreign currency repayments. But contrary to popular belief, printing money for domestic investment doesn't cause currencies to collapse.

Lots of countries have practically destroyed their economies by pegging their currencies to the US dollar. Venezuela is the latest to do so.