T. /gsg/ - Traditional Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 20th of November:
1845 – Anglo-French blockade of the Río de la Plata: Battle of Vuelta de Obligado.
1861 – American Civil War: A secession ordinance is filed by Kentucky's government.
1917 – Battle of Cambrai begins: British forces make early progress in an attack on German positions but are later pushed back.
1936 – José Antonio Primo de Rivera is killed by a republican execution squad.
1940 – Hungary becomes a signatory of the Tripartite Pact, joining the Axis powers.

# Waggle Pastebin
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

# Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
CK2 DD 06/11
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1053632
EU4 DD 14/11
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1054598

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>[V2] - Victoria 2 : Bronies Crusaders, A alternate History
indiedb.com/games/victoria-ii/downloads/bronies-crusaders

>[V2] - 7 Years Mod
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

>[V2] - New Liangmod
mediafire.com/download/fm7kgwo9m83yqxu/New Liang.rar

>[V2] - Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>[V2] - Cold War Enhancement Mod
github.com/settintotrieste/Victoria-2-Cold-War-Enhancement-Mod-CWE

>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>[CK2] - When the World Stopped Making Sense
github.com/loup99/WtWSMS

Old Thread:

yeehaw

this place's memes have really stagnated over the last few months

Explain in detail, what's wrong with your favorite grand strategy game.

Absolutely white

Just played a match of vanilla EU4 and now i'm going to install these mods:

Better UI 1.23
Graphical Map Improvements
Common Universalis
MEIOU and Taxes

I hope that they are all compatible

I'm posting an SS-20 Saber in honour of the defunct East vs West until we get a good Cold War game.

AFPguy plz respond

I don't think the map improvement is compatible with MEIOU.
Common Universalis and MEIOU are definitely not compatible.

vicky 2 needs more work in the colonization aspect

>Graphical Map Inprovements when MEIOU already has a different map
>MEIOU and Common when they are both overhaul mods

No, user, you should have asked us before doing that bullshit

Is there any German communist flag that is not the GDR flag?

Just finished an eu4 mp game, I lost but it was fun

How did you lose? Did you play an OPM?

?

>How did you lose?
Bavaria player outblobbed and outdiplod me.

>Did you play an OPM?
Naeh I was Tlemcen, in our first game I could pick between Tlemcen and Switzerland.

??
What start gets you all of the new world + Africa
Also jesus christ fucking blobs

Can you play multiplayer with all the DLCs using CreamAPI?

Tlemcen, I moved my capitol to the americas.
Moving to america as berber is especially expensive though I learned because of the core cost traditions and the overlapping cores in that area, recoring sucked.

Moved it to trinidad which is technically north america, so I could the -80% cost to culture conversion in south america.
Later on I moved my capitol to south america and culture converted at a discount in north america as well.

Epic

What are some goods for HPM now that beverages aren't a sure way for profitable factories now?

Should I just produce goods with in-state RGOs?

I am retarded. Can someone please give me an in-depth guide as to pirating dlc for a legitimate copy of CK2 and being able to play multiplayer with it?

what's a good game to do for my first game with jade dragon lads

Check link in pastebin. Download DLC zips. Drag dlcs from zip into dlc folder and drag the steamapi.dll and creamapi.ini files into the game folder.

Be U-Tsang
Be Hindu or Buddhist or Manichean
Reverse alexanders empire all the way to Albania then get your dynasty as chinese emperors

Is playing Portugal fun?

missing like 40 ducats in spoils of war, I was privateering Nepals Bengal node

>mary a bitch she dies with 24 from Measels
>remary another one she cucks me
>divorce remarry this time Italian
>first thing she does is to cucks me
>let it rest a little and stay married
>she cucks me again
>divorce
>make a betrothel with a German this time she is only 9
>she turn 16 we marry
>first thing she does is to cuck me
>get the offer to cuck my first born with his french wife
>actually do

Why is CK2 such a extreme cuckfest.

>You "Root out corruption" by spending money

so stupid

I was cucked once. I killed her and her entire dynasty.

Nobody cucked me again.

Turn off AI seduction focuses you tards

I had several revolts and was on the edge to lose my Empire.
So I even befriend the dude who cucked with 2 of my 4 wifes.

Why would you not want to use the GDR seal though? It's aesthetic as fuck.

>not using the custom ruler designer to make a celibate and chaste superchad
>not kidnapping the next highest statted person in the land while you powergame your kingdom
>not kidnapping the highest statted women in the world and forcing them to bump uglies
>not just abusing the events so rhey are of your dynasty and making superchads while preserving your wizard powers
>not making an uber stable realm that you can pass to your chadlets, who then start to inbreed in an intelligent manner so you can keep the chadline pure

I bet you're all virgins

Hearts of Iron 3's tutorial put me to sleep, can it be removed?

Anyway to pirate EU4 DLC without creating an account for that site in the pastebin?

the bae

>piracy has literally never been easier
>download eu4, don't even need to install, just run uninstall.exe
>brainlets still can't figure it out

explain

go to the bae and search what you want to dl

Just use a public temp email for an acc fag

>divorce
Why not just murder them?

>Deserts in the middle east can be travelled in
>But prime farmland and fertile plains in Africa can't

doesn't make sense

>he disables Guns, Drums & Steel before playing

>Africa
>prime farmland and fertile plains
to this day they have almost no agriculture

thanks senpaitachi

Is there a way to make the HOI4 map look not shit when zoomed in? Why is it so devoid of color?

because the average IQ of Africa is 70
but they have plenty of agriculture anyways

Hard to have agriculture when every year some dumbass thinks starting a rebellion is a good idea.

Rate this Europe out of 10.

Corruption is a bad mechanic overall.
It's not even a problem when you have a half decent economy and you never have to debase currency again. It was supposed to be a way to balance out big blobs, which state cores already do. But the bigger you get the less you're affected by corruption, while small countries get absolutely ass ravaged by it if they debase too much.

>Corruption is a bad mechanic overall.
I think the only thing corruption really did for me was to stop me from staying at 3-7 dip and just developing with bird mana until the 18th century when I needed three deckers.

It seems to sorta server a purpose for pushing down newbs. See every now and then players who mess up and waste a lot of mana because they can't handle their corruption.

>Play the Elder Kings mod
>90% of my courtiers are named Nelacar
>Yet according to the name pool I'm meant to have a fuckload of possible names showing up
How does CK2 pick names this doesn't seem right?

Yeah.
The only thing it accomplishes is it fixes dip tech cheesing because they can't come up with a way to make dip tech relevant beyond colonization and boats.
Maybe falling more than 2 dip techs behind someone else should I don't know, result in actual diplomatic penalties?

Hol up, did it get updated for 2.8? Wanting to play it myself.

It didn't I'm playing an old version.

I only play just rulers the fight Islam.

Who should I play as in Victoria II with CWE? What should my goals be?

is Albania rightful Italian clay?

WE

Turkey
Turkic union
I'm not meming btw

Ive wanted to do this but ive been too lazy and autistic

ottos declared but i already got the cheevo. I'm a mil tech ahead so maybe i can fight them to a stalemate

No

why?
I would do it but I cba to manage an already built up Turkish industry plus you need a core from the Greeks (no clue why that's a core) which are allied with Americans

Hungary
Reclaim Trianon

Russia
Form Eurasia

are there any other ways to become nomadic in ck2?
the one way I've found is by marrying one of the khagan's children so the children will be of your dynasty, having the khagan die, having your spouse die, and then pressing the weak claim of your children. this creates a new khanate of your dynasty with 0 population and 0 manpower

Greece
Megali Idea

Japan
Annex every island in the world

Eurasia seems kind of broken though.

>CK2 has been out for over 5 years
>If your navy is in the port your army can't get on board
>move your navy out to sea then you can make your army swim to the ships to board them
>this was never fixed

I'm doing a Sweden > Scandinavia With the Goal of Keeping Scandinavia a White isolationist Dictatorship With nukes sort of like North korea in our timeline only it's white and not communist shithole.

Hey lads, rather new to gsgs.
Bought EU4 and love it, DLC prices are horrendous though, is it possible to pirate the DLCs and play on steam?

>is it possible to pirate the DLCs and play on steam?
It is, but I don't know how.
I don't really see the need to bother with it, I have one vanilla version on steam and then I have a seperate pirate version off steam with all the dlc.

There might be some info in the op.

>newfags
How fucking hard is it to read the goddamn OP?

press v

Thanks lad, been playing for 150 hours and bought a bunch of them already but at some point it's enough.

Calm down lad, only wanted to know if it's possible to play the Steam version with pirated DLCs, not where to get them. Not out to ruin your general. The OP holds info about mods, Waggle's whatever and where to download the games. Nothing regarding my question.

>not checking the downloads
There's a list of DLCs and CreamAPI on the CSRINRU EU4 link.
You play EU4 so you already shitted up the general

you can't build unit presets in Victoria II. each army has to be constructed manually and then sent to its desired location manually. this problem is exacerbated by the fact that rebellions typically sap one or two units from your armies which have to be manually refilled. EU4 has mechanisms to solve all these problems which will hopefully be implemented in Victoria III

MAYO IN TEXAS WHEN?????

Several weeks probably.

>hopefully be implemented in Victoria III
A single improvementand a hundred ruined features.

DAE can't wait for V3, guise?!

>paradox made two bad games therefore all their future games will be bad

Yeah, that's what I did now that I know for sure that it works. But going through all that hassle by clicking every link and reading OPs on russian download-boards to it's very end when it might just as well be wasted time that could be saved by a simple yes/no question is not my preferred way of doing things.

By starting that unnecessary discussion you shat up your general more than I did.
I bet you're a blobber too.

Oh, thanks for the info though, luv ya

How do I fourth crusade by byzzies?

That's not counting every single DLC, 90% of which have been atrocious either in and of themselves or simply due to a cost quo content.
>15.99 for A SINGLE UI

ah yes because there's only one thing that can be improved upon in vicky 2
everything else is the absolute picture of perfection

Why did they call it Agnatic and not Salic?

Is this w&b?

Post oil producing provinces

yes finally u get it

Honestly, you can list the "improvements" from EU3 to EU4 on one hand. You can list them from HoI3 to HoI4 on a palm. No easier army building is going to make up for removed/""""""streamlined"""""" factories, literacy, pop types, unemployment, issues, elections, cultures, etcetera. I know for a fact they'l shit up V3 because their current business model is "as little effort for as much profit".

See Jade Dragon, a single new UI, maybe a dozen events. Modders could do that in a single day, yet that made them tens of thousands and counting.
Paradox is dead.

Improvements needed for Vicky 3:

-A much improved military model as well as significant automation + complexity.
-A much improved population growth + agriculture model, theres a reason people settled where they settled.
-A model of population IQ determined by genetics and environment and possibly government/religious policies
-An improved trade system that allows blockades/taxation of trade routes as well as takes shipping costs into account, theres a reason cities are on large rivers connected to the oceans.
-Make rebellions SMARTER/more powerful and not so suicidal
-An actual supply & demand market, though most basic goods should remain domestically produced

Yeah, that's it, mate, just fucking ignore what I said and keep rambling on about how "dae niche company that cares abiut its fans will make liqqy great again", that's a great fucking dialogue you got there, you fucking cretin.

Genetics don't exist shitlord

You can't. CK II literally doesn't have the mechanics for it.