Reminder that Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency will get shut down if it ever poses a threat to fiat money...

Reminder that Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency will get shut down if it ever poses a threat to fiat money. Do you nerds honestly think the federal reserve is just gonna sit by while you buttfuck them and take away their power?

One of these will happen:
a) Ban crypto worldwide and replace existing goverments in countries that don't comply.
b) Infiltrate the crypto community and bring it down.

If you want to keep your money, don't do longterm investment in cryptocurrency that wants to replace fiat. It will never happen.

Other urls found in this thread:

reason.com/archives/2016/11/28/the-secret-dangerous-world-of
washingtontimes.com/news/2016/sep/29/obama-administration-to-relinquish-control-of-inte/
learningenglish.voanews.com/a/did-the-us-government-just-give-away-control-of-the-internet-to-icann/3535200.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good luck shutting PIVX down lol

Reminder that this is a non-issue, because normal people don't give a shit about cryptocurrency.

All it will ever be in regards to money is a method of transferring fiat currency (e.g. USD -> BTC -> send -> BTC -> USD). People thinking it's going to replace fiat are delusional.

Only delusional libertarians think crypto is going to replace fiat. It would lose all advantages if it became the primary currency of a major country, bcause it would be heavily regulated and fractional reserved out the ass.
We will be fine.

(((they))) will just kill all the PIVX developers and their families and imprison everyone that uses it.

Does not have to replace fiat for me to make a shitload lol

Crypto won't replace fiat

It's going to break fiat.

Wrong.

Sure, the government will shut down the internet to kill crypto killing itselfin the process.

Exactly. Bitcoin is its own thing. We dont need idiots making groceries with it.
>he doesn't understand what open source is

OP, I'm genuinely curious: explain to me how you think your proposed solutions can be enforced.

OP is a nocoiner with no idea of what is decentralization, open source, and cryptography. He probably voted for Trump too.
Nice satan trips

>blackpilled faggotry
If jews are omnipotent you should really just kill yourself already.

Not OP, but it would be pretty easy to kill crypto for legitimate use, relegating it to the black market and anarchists. While not killing it outright, it would severely cripple it.

The problem is - you can't shut it down. If you could, it would already happen - recall Digital Gold from the 90s.

the fed is probably making a shitload off of bitcoin and keeping it for themselves
i bet they're making a killing off of it
that's why you dont see bitcoin too much in the media

if i ever get massively rich off of a "big short" type of idea then this is it
the lack of media coverage on bitcoin should be all of our reasons to buy more of it
billionaires have faith in bitcoin but youll never hear about their stories in the media

Except the fed's financial statements are public record and are audited.

But that doesn't change the fact that you can't shut it down.

Plus, waaaay too many people wouldn't care if its black market. Do you think people in shitty countries with shitty monetary policies are NOT going to put their money into an asset that is out of the government's reach and is continuously appreciating?

well not the fed per se

but im sure there are people in power with fuckloads of bitcoin

Major world governments don't need to 'shut it down' to remove it as any real concern. They're not going to care what people are doing in the shitholes of the world.

Speaking of shitholes though, I don't think they'd have the internet infrastructure and electronic device density needed for crypto to be viable. People like that use metals.

Major governments can't do shit nothing about bitcoin, just like they can't do shit nothing about bittorrent.

That isn't true at all. Bill Gates has been on tv talking about, so have others.

But they do.

Hell, just look at Venezuela, Argentina, and India. Because of their economic policies, people in those countries throw a shit ton of savings into Bitcoin. In fact, Venezuela specifically is a hub of Bitcoin mining because state-subsidized electricity is so damn cheap. Its so profitable that even the secret police is suspected of being in on it. And why not? They're clearly not being paid enough by the nearly bankrupt government.
reason.com/archives/2016/11/28/the-secret-dangerous-world-of

GUYS

HOW THE FUCK DO I START BUYING BITCOIN

What Bittorrent did for media Bitcoin will do for money.

It's an unstoppable protocol. You either get on its side or you're being rendered obsolete

>can't shut it down

Yes, here's how:

0. Outlaw crypto
1. Start forcibly shutting down exchanges
2. Price plummets
3. Market panics and rushes to sell

Currency has no intrinsic value.
Its value is based on trust that it will retain its value.
It's circular logic.
Make a crack in the circle, and the whole thing falls apart.

Yes like how they banned torrenting movies, I'm sure that will be effective on a decentralized protocol.

How can the US government shut down foreign websites?

considering Trump was the more libertarian candidate, I don't see your point dude. Most cryptofags voted trump.

The big issue is (((they))) don't need to shut the whole system down to kill it. They just need to destabilize it a little for everyone to start panicking.

How can they do it to foreign websites?
Lots of ways. Perhaps the simplest one: prosecute people who use those exchanges.

Why haven't they already done this to media pirates? Because piracy doesn't threaten the USD, so they don't give a shit.

[made up quote of a 1980s internet cynic]

Decentralized exchanges are already a thing.

Examples pls

How quickly we forget that the head nigger in charge gave up the internet to the UN. Gee, I wonder why he did that ... besides being a dumb fucking nigger.

Obama administration to relinquish control of internet
heres a link to the washington post because I know you liberal cunts wont read it if it was on fox news:
washingtontimes.com/news/2016/sep/29/obama-administration-to-relinquish-control-of-inte/

learningenglish.voanews.com/a/did-the-us-government-just-give-away-control-of-the-internet-to-icann/3535200.html

((((they)))) don't care about torrents.

>How can the US government shut down foreign websites?
Ohh geeh i wonder how. It's fucking US you dumb cuck. US can just go to war with that country and replace the leadership, and you're really naive if you think that the US wouldn't throw nuclear weapons on a country that threaten to take away their power to print money.

he didn't give up "the internet" to the UN. he gave up ICAN, with which Ethereum is about to replace with ENS.

relax my little sweet faggot!
Eth and BTC will change the world. Either ge on, or GTFO

hes just a libtard that hates trump and wanted to just put that in there even if it had nothing to do with what he was talking about

you forget that most people who push laws and work in the financial sector, are just greedy sharks! They don't actually own the bank! or anything. They are paid goons. Now what happens when they print themselves obsolete and BTC price keeps going up? They will jump ship! This is the time where greed might actually be a force of good! Not saying this will happen, but it's not an open-shut case like you suggest.

Ok