byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>OH GOD MY GAME FROZE BUT I CAN STILL SEE CHAT HOW 2 FIX??
Downgrade your BYOND version to byond.com/download/build/510/510.1347_byond.exe

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs + Discord circlejerk
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs
discord.gg/c32NDYj

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation
discord.gg/nfmjc56

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>Round Stats
stats.ss13.moe/

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/z7czw5WQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iVVZwBLZ8i4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for BANGER BOYS AYO

Mech components on spacepods when?

flash bangs are seriously OP tbqh

>observe at 12:10
>admeme already renovated the floors and was doing the walls before spawning a bloodred plasmeme suit
I just don't understand why it's always them

If someone yells malf and the room you're in isn't already electrified/blasma, the best thing you can do for everyone is to cut the APC wires. This will completely kill power in the room
>AI can't use the vents in the room to blasma you
>AI can't overload lights for sparks
>AI can't doorcrush
>Door electrified means nothing if there's no power

Everyone on the station can do this. Alternatively if you have access to engineering but only a crowbar (e.g.: captain or HOP) just remove the battery.

Do as many rooms like this as possible. Electricity is malf's ally, cut off his supply of tricks.

Fucking lag

In the case you are the one to find out it's malf and no one has said anything, then don't. Yelling MALF!! over the radio will do nothing but get everyone's doors shocked along with yours, slowing down the entire process. The best thing you can do is tell people in person and whispering to the chemist to get started on thermite

Hey I posted this last thread but I'm still having the same issue.
I've never connected before, and when I try to, the setup character button (and all the others) does nothing. I can connect to other servers, this issue seems to only be on the Veeky Forums server for me.
I've tried:
Downgrading to 510.1347
Leaving it to sit on that screen for 30+ minutes to allow it to download assets
Posting in the "I CAN'T CONNECT" thread on the forum that was linked to me, my post was pruned so I'm assuming it was seen, but my issue still persists.

Cutting cameras will also help

Sadness covers me like a blanket
Tuck me in
Let me die

>2561
>walk into bar
>battle of lil slugger starts playing

>The voting theme for November will be "Other Servers" (as in ones that are not Veeky Forums, since this has primarily been Veeky Forums so far). Voting will last for ~two weeks

>The options are

>A) Colonial Marines, Battle at Tablefort. A desperate final stand amid a series of makeshift barricades.

>B) Goonstation, The Solarium. The final room of the cross round, 4th wall breaking quest that overlooks the Sun, containing the Goonstation Server and its mysterious keepers.

>C) Goonstation, the Adminbus (the actual bus that drags a singularity on a chain). This is pretty self explanatory.

>D) Veeky Forumsstation, Vox Raiders. An avian squad of pirates.

hey I play as a shitter to annoy sec frequently and wanna know if I'm going too far because while it's fun to play yakkety sax with security, I don't want to end up as a legitimate detriment to the playerbase.

Of course I space shitter rounds out by playing sec to make up for it, or a head role and doing my job, but I digress.

Is hacking into permabrig and bolting the doors wide open, stealing medkits, food, tools, and so on too shitty? I tried to make up for it today by using botany to give everyone in security handgun holsters but then the AI was rogue so I just sang the lyrics to hurt until I died.

Was that too shitty?

Your post is still there so it wasn't pruned.

That's weird, It doesn't appear to be there for me anymore.

>stealing dounuts, deconning stuff in the office, taking woop helmets and hailers, false wall into interrogation
OK tier
>stealing sec's (very sparse) medical supplies and tools, sabotaging doors on an active round, aroury memes
please refrain

Know when it's too much. If there's only one security officer/doctor, all you're doing is making his life hell. But if you've got a full squad go wild, give them something to do and something to feel good about when they catch you

I thought the admin bus was a Veeky Forums thing

alrighty

what's the stance on hiding the jukebox somewhere in security and making it play that shitty super meatboy song

clown-tier

(Not him) During a wheelchair round I once hopped onto a wheelchair with 5, maybe 6 people on it. They wanted to hack into the brig for “real guns”. I helped them hack in to the Secure Armory but when I saw that they really weren’t bullshitting and were instead looting the Secure Armory of ions, eguns, etc., I hopped off the wheelchair, said “This is getting too hot for me” and ran off. The Warden saw me running out of the Armory and captured me, sadly capturing the one person who didn’t have any guns on him while the wheelchair lads rode off with the Armory on their back. It was a sad day for Sec.

this is why the secret club mentality kind of sucks
because you god damn know they don't like our server being mentioned and you god damn know they're bringing attention to it just to rustle our jimmies.
>vox, being a "highlight" of our server

Isn't it impossible to make a single song loop on the juke??

honk honk

Or just hide in a locker

I don't think so because every single fucking round I hear that song, it's the only song that plays, and it somehow manages to play outside the bar

it makes me mute the fucking game

How do you cut/disable cameras without the AI getting an alert?

pulse with multitool and dont cut the one that beeps

I'm indifferent. Only plebs have ingame music enabled.

surviving milf is fairly straightforward if you just want to live. Best way is to get in space gear and space thyself.

Unfortunately, Sec are obligated to kill the milf AI and can’t go catatonic in the Security Locker Room wardrobe locker. It’s definitely one of my least favorite parts of playing Sec and is one of the things that keeps me away from it (although I always come back); getting tasked with another laundry Malf round as Sec

Well, what other highlights do we have?
Mutilated asshole farts?

uhhhh hypothermia??

how do you clear out your flavor text? If you delete it all it just doesn't save the edit, reverting to what you previously typed there after you exit out the window on character creation. The least you can do is delete everything and save one empty space, but then that breaks up your examine text because there's a big empty space where your flavor text should be.

Yeah there's these things on the walls called sound systems and nobody bothers deconstructing them since you can just turn off your streaming audio preference and never worry about it.

Are you my mummy?

If you turn off streaming then you can't hear jukeboxes.
I don't know why coders just won't remove sound systems or make it so you can mute either the jukebox or those.
Or maybe even make the jukebox alone unmuteable.

actually I was telling people on bay about the clarke mechs we made on this server
and while most of them laughed at me and had these things called hardsuits that did everything a clarke could do but better (they were pretty crazy something out of a sci-fi game) and actually worked and interacted with the enviroment (for years apparently they've had it in their code) and had all kinds of cool flavor things
atleast some of them visted to bring back screen caps of it which got a lot of lols in their discord so atleast they know about the clarke now?

>someone puts a boombox in space
>you can hear it pretty much everywhere outside the station including other z-levels.

Skip the chemist.
If you find a blue APC the first thing you do is go and PERSONALLY tell Engineering, no radio, no PDA.
They're dying for an excuse to disconnect blasma from distro and all they need is you, random greyshit, to tell them to so they can do it without eating a ban. While they're at it, they really have no reason not to snip the grid for a few minutes and let the station run off of APCs until your claim can be verified.

The next person you tell is anyone in Science. If they believe you they should lockdown the borgs and screwdriver the console monitor immediately. They will probably be hesitant to actually blow them until someone else can confirm the blue APC.

After that you probably tell command.

>Sec are obligated to kill the milf AI and can’t go catatonic in the Security Locker Room wardrobe locker

haha no

how many people here just lurking because byond's freezing makes the serb unplayable for you?
tried all the old BYOND versions and they're all the same shit

I usually play HoS on Lowpop because I‘m tired of Mr. Mechanic Greyshirt Clown giving all access to everyone with 25 people in the server.

Sadly ghosts or even admins would notice if I started going Catatonic/Braindead/AFK whenever the AI pops Delta.

>I usually play HoS on lowpop to forbid fun
Wow.

>plays on lowpop
>hurr gotta kill all da antags and force shuttle I won lol

kill yourself first

You have to go back.

Not sure if irony.

Fun fact about the 25 server pop with clown giving all access is that actually happened. The only head of Staff was a non-implant and didn’t secure it, so the clown secured the spare and the disk and gave everyone all access.

Only issue is that with no implanted heads and no sec, it turned out to be nuke ops. I didn’t even hear him go down in comms before the station blew.

What makes you think I do that? It’s hard for me to respond with not much to go on.

he is literally telling you here about how badly he wants to let the antags win
LITERALLY

>"fun"
>half the time that "fun" consists of some fucking tard that doesn't realize that all access/armory murderbone on lowpop is only "fun" for brain dead impotent tards that can't manage to pull it off on high pop and wants to feel good about himself decimating a nearly defenseless crew.

It's like when the Malf AI masturbates for killing so many people with a plasma flood.

The implication that both consoles and science isn't flooded from toxins storage already is funny. If you really can do all of this then the ai is just inexperienced or got busted by an apc early.

how to go catatonic as HoS during malf:
>say over comms: I will get ions and kill the AI
>wait ten seconds
>touch a door
>type succumb
You are now free to observe

>or got busted by an apc early.

Literally the second line in my post
>If you find a blue APC

God I wish that were me

You're not exactly safe by just telling people things either, the AI can still hear and act even if it isn't through pda or common.

Is there a guide to hacking jukeboxes? The wiki is too cryptic. I'm pulsing and cutting wires but their offsets never change no matter what I do. Am I supposed to cut every wire but one power wire at a time and go from there? I pulse them twice, once to get an output of some number, then again to get 0.

What the fuck am I doing wrong?

>reddit spacing
>HoS on lowpop
>Waaah I can't play the game my way
>Waaaaah VGstation high pop is bad
>Waaaaaaaah I hate this server
>Waaaaaaaaaaaah I'm going to argue with everyone

holy shit just go back to paradise and fuck off mate

Damn, I guess I'd better do nothing then.

Best way to do it is handing papers around to sec in that situation.

Same.
First I had a horrible tator round where I couldn't go more than 5 minutes without freezing so I turned off antags.
Then I couldn't even play nonantag botanist anymore so I just observed.
Then I noticed at least 2-3 people every round complaining ICly about not being able to see.

I'm honestly at the verge of just trying another server for the first time. I literally cannot play in Veeky Forums anymore.

AI's can't see emotes, whisper to the mime.

We all have them turned off because streamed music is either
A) shit taste like anime music or jpop
B) volume is deafeningly loud
Also people usually play their own music, usually midis

After some serious thinking and careful consideration, i've come up with this idea, what if we remove IAA as a job, and before you get all antsy in your pants about it and call me a fag, here my reasoning and hear me out.

IAA is a special job in that its the ONLY job on the entire station, that relies souly on admin intervention to make it work. Otherwise nobody cares, nobody listens, nobody sees the IAA, even when playing as chaplain he has some function that makes him good, and doesnt need pure admin intervention to make his job worthwhile, hes even needed in 1 antag gamemode which is astounding! But IAA just sits there, he sits there on the bordering role of Head of Heads, and Assistant. Depending on the player you get a vast variety of what they think IAA is, and should be capable of, but 9 times out of 10 they either powergame, or unfairly demote heads when they feel like they dont agree with the head.

Not only that, but barely anybody plays IAA, so you now have a job that nobody plays because it needs admin intervention, and it literally cannot function without admins on it. The job is so lackluster that, admins dont even get bwoinks for faxes like they do with prayers and ahelps, and as maipai said, "Replying to a fax is literally just a text box and you have to do some whacky shit to format it, you cant even use HTML to format it which is terrible". The job is obviously a lost relic of the old code, and hasnt been updated or touched in such a long time. Infact, Veeky Forums has been up since 2012, with meta being one of the oldest known maps, and until recently Meta had one of the WORST IAA office, almost like nobody cared to update it with the rest of the station.

So, in total we have a job that cant function without admins, was forgotten until recently, and is just a forgotten piece of the old code.

Just make Bridge Officer a yes-man to the Captain/HoP and remove IAA, it's forgotten and old and needs to be removed.

What’s wrong with playing HoS on Lowpop? ‘Tis but a role. Everyone also has their population preference. I’ve had my fair share of unenjoyable experiences with Veeky Forums highpop, although I don’t dislike it as a joke and I still play with it. I don’t know if I’m burnt out on SS13, or if it’s just modes like Milf. Mind you, this is not so much about not being able to play my way, this is me not enjoying Milf. There’s no fun to be had in throwing bolases at Nuke ops in space while stealing their nuke from the Solars, no getting zombie’toxin’d by a Mime only to burst out of a locker screaming Bloody Mary while the cult tries to convert me, etc. I don’t deny that other people can have fun at Milf. I can only imagine the AI players like it, else they’d have turned it off right now. But for me, I just don’t see the fun or potential for fun when I play Milf. And that’s pretty much all there is to this game. Having fun from RP, having fun from action, or having fun from autism projects.

plus the song restarts if you go out of range and reenter

Shit dude, learn to use punctuation.

Different guy but yeah, I’m phone posting.

>25 players
>Lowpop

That's if you have it in Windows Media Player mode. If you have it on VLC it doesn't do that.

I say “Lowpop” specifically here because there were 0 Sec and 0 Implanted Heads (1 Head of Staff, but didn’t assume captaincy). The relevancy being that even if the Clown had equipped an SPS (which I really doubt), no one would have heard it beep. Highpop-nosec is really the more accurate term here.

Dedpop is under 5 ppl
Lowpop is 5-15 ppl
Medpop is 15-30
Highpop is 30-50.
Oh God someone made a thread on v/reddit turn on the panic bunker is 50+

It’d argue the cutoff for highpop is 25 because that’s when all of the “I died, restart” gamemodes unlock but other than that I agree

please rspond

but the people who play it make their own fun. It is literally not a detriment to the station, and is there for people who want to play it. There's no point in removing it, some people play it and do fun things, others do not, but removing it is dumb because you're just giving people one less thing to do on the station.

>But for me, I just don’t see the fun or potential for fun when I play Milf
It's fun to exercise the newest bogus-as-fuck way to get an edge on people, that you've thought of.

Our holomaps are a pretty neat unique feature. We also have the best parallax.

I miss the days when AIs would wait until they could do some gremlin-tier shit against the crew. There was a Deff round awhile back when a bunch of people got spaced below the mining shuttle, so the AI squished them. I, the journalist, thought it was a miner who did it from the other side, but it was really the AI. Closest recent equivalent I can think of was when the AI had its medibrog polyacid the entire contents of the Armory.

I haven't exercised the option, but disposal autoborger was pretty neat the two times I saw it.

noobie from the forums, here are some tips:
>first round, assistant
>second round, janitor
>third round, cargo tech
>then branch out to science and other civilian jobs
>stay away from medbay, security, and engineering until you are solid on the basics
>you will die a lot, so don't get salty
>don't ick ock

>polyacid armory
This isn't a particularly difficult or uncommon thing for a hacked medborg to do.

>TFW Joanna Slurp is back

It was exactly 1 step above silently hack APCs until it’s time to execute order 66 which is at least something

So what's up, you guys working on anything?
Spriting?
Coding?
Complaining

>neat space exploration
>vox traders
>zas
>a solid playerbase

Wet floor guys

>neat space exploration
What?

Was spriting tacticool gear crate contents, but someone ended up having the same idea but with better sprites.

youtube.com/watch?v=iVVZwBLZ8i4 average waifu doctor.

I miss going rogue as an engi and flooding the station with plasma (even if I did get banned for it)

Neutral roles like clowns can do whatever they want, right?

They can do whatever they want as long as they don't break the server rules.

all our space 'vaults' are unique to Veeky Forums
they generate in random locations in space each round

They can do whatever without breaking any rule.

yes, clown is chaotic neutral
basically a free antag pass

That's not even unique to Veeky Forums

>playing clown to fuck people over
>not playing clown making yourself the butt of the joke, while saving the station, telling nice jokes and actually being smart as hell

Hugh please come back...

>people actually discussing optimal strategies to do stuff
Fucking why. You are not suposse to play to win. Let dumb shit happens sometimes

lmao if you get off to your crotch rot virus you can go diddle yourself with the monkeys
us civilized gentlemen will be over at chemistry curing it *tips fedora*

a guy posted a guide in the last thread

I have literally read most of the code and put dozens of singleplayer hours into optimizing every job I like.
Try me