/ng/- Nioh General

Summons dog edition

Previous thread: information
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon of the North
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Defiant Honor
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Bloodshed End

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armor/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armor and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armor/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beginner's guide:
pastebin.com/PkSN7nYt (embed)

FAQ:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd (embed)

Smithing text list:
docs.google.com/document/d/1dCPVlyB7avz7yJPzST4_JBSsCTLPaZFm97QwDzTiiu8/edit#

Farming smithing texts: pastebin.com/tiYzLRug

Unique helmet list:
imgur.com/vr1oLWu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hDsdkoln59A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'll forgive you.

Moth waifu edition

First for feetfu

>Sanada Yukimura is a true honorabru samurai!!
>shoots you with his pistol
>spends half the fight flying in the air like a coward

It's more likely you will get killed if you do that into multiple enemies. It doesn't even seem to knock them down.

git tanky

How are spears damage-wise? They seem to kinda suck, especially compared to swords/dual swords.

>he doesnt know

this is sengoku, the only thing that matters is you serve you lord

twisting spear can dish a batshit damage output on huge range, chidori is really good with stability, lw wild spear is a good dps option, especially on confused enemies
it won't outdamage dps weapons like kusari or 1kat but it has a combination of safety and damage that cannot be overlooked

Is weaken melee damage/armor worth it?

>c++ runtime error crash after beating okatsu in NG+

armor only torso, but it won't do much
weaken melee damage is good if you tend to get hit a lot, basically often will turn a onehit into something you can survive

Thanks for adding the text farming guide, opie. Now we just have to hope people actually read it.

Flame dragon procs weaken weapon/armor on enemies. Can elemental onmyo shots do the same?

>he doesnt know
samurai didn't fly during the sengoku

so there's really no way of knowing whether or not that would be considered honorabru

What would the best possible stats on an Axe be?
Specifically nigga samurais Axe.

dude the only person who gets mad at you for doing crap is one guy you can interrupt during his speech

other wise do what ever you can

Alright it was fun while it lasted, but this boss is the embodiment of bullshit

Atleast I made it through the main campaign, I'll just watch the rest on youtube

Don't insult my husbando

don't you give up on me user

>samurai didn't fly during the sengoku
True, that was more of a ninja thing.

Change to attack to something you have 99, A
familiriaty bonus A
close combat damage 20%

You always want these three, rest wary how you like to play and what your build is.

Anything I should reroll on this?

you will swap it the moment you get into ng+

I cant fucking take it anymore, after getting my ass kicked for 30 times I grinded 50+ levels and got some gear from revenants and he still one shots me, I cant even get him down a third of his hp bar

>Ah, Enemy-san! Let me just strike a pose and deliver a longwinded speech while you stand the-WHY ARE YOU HITTING ME DISHONOROBUUUUU

tfw cheesed him with discord in a few tries

felt kinda bad

>he doesn't know

lmao baddie

but I got it on ng+, it's divine

i don't know man. I'm willing to be flying would've been considered a little bitch move. I mean most of the bosses in nioh who fly are little bitch. Sanada's a little bitch, Magoichi is the lamest littlest little bitch in the entire game, etc

I used to like Yukimura before I played this game since I didn't know his story. In earlier SW games and Sengoku Basara he was just a badass hotblooded guy in classy armor. But now it's all kind of ruined because he was actually fucking scum. I really just felt bad for Noboyuki who got shit shoveled in his face just for having this asshole as a brother.

dude you have an invincible LW that protects you from harm

you have no excuse

how do I get those?
never get this shit with reforging.

Game didn't make him seem like scum at all. Made him out to fight for the Toyotomi. Made Ieyasu seem real bad desu

Whats the best clan for dual swords?

Weakness talisman, dodge his weapon throws.

Nobuyuki seemed like an ass for betraying his family, though.

>tfw skipped it and just did the DLCs
lmao

Why is it so hard to parry Revenants? They attack at light speed

not possible in this game. your health caps out at around 7k, and damage mitigation is pretty limited. you have to avoid taking hits.

Don't meme on me ever again.

Just summon someone

with tatenashi you reach more than 60% damage mitigation before taking other factors like defensive buffs into account

how the fuck do you avoid the attacks of the big monsters that appear from the dust?

you dodge away and their attack animation still hits you coz they know where you will be after the dodge. this is some stupid ki shit

What is actually the best kunai build for WotWi? I hear people use either three hayabusa pieces + 3 iga with yakasini magatama or 4 Scion of virtue + 2 tatenashi pieces with yakasini magatama. Which set bonus is objectively the best for kunai spam?

Dodge backwards twice.
Or dodge to their side.

I'm not bragging or shitting on you, but what level are you and what are you struggling with most? I beat him without much issue on my 3rd or 4th try. I'm around level 130 and was using

I have like 5 different 2 piece bonuses and 4 piece raging bull, all heavy armor. Doesn't do much without buffs+debuffs.

weird cutoff here, not sure how that happened was using tonfa and kusarigama

>raging bull

If the attack you're having problems with is when he shoots his spirit centipede at you, set you framerate to 30. The turning radius on that thing is tied to the framerate and it's basically impossible to avoid on 60.

3 hayabusa is useless as damage buff from the thrown items does not apply to them
either 6 hayabusa/1 iga or scion/tatenashi, i guess
the thing that matters the most is having four thrown weapon x2 inherited by your armour and thrown damage bonus on the rest including your accessories which is the hardest thing to do

How? Ieyasu served Nobunaga, then after he died he fought it out with Hideyoshi, lost, accepted it, and fell in line. Then Hideyoshi named him his rightful successor, and he crushed Mitsunari who challenged that. He wasn't exactly a general of Shingen's or Kenshin's caliber but he didn't do anything wrong. And Noboyuki "betrayed" his family to save his goddamn clan, otherwise him and everyone in the main family would have been executed and the clan would've gone the way of Imagawa. He was the only one being sensible.

Meanwhile Yukimura called for bloodshed once the land had finally been united and at peace, and fought a battle he had zero chance to win just to go out with a bang, while taking a few thousand innocent people with him. He was just a worthless selfish cunt.

>Raging Bull
Use Tatenashi.

Since Hayabusa gives you infinite ninjitsu but lowers the damage to the bare minimun is it really better? Shadowround talismans work just fine for me and I would prefer more damage.

>>infinite ninjitsu
what? that sounds crazy

More like Ieyasu was waiting for Hideyoshi to die and plotting to take power from the Toyotomi and had some of Mitsunari's own generals betray him.

Yukimura fought for Toyotomi until the end, like an honorabru samurai.

>these jap names that i cant keep straight
im going to start assigning the japs western names so ill actually recognize them
nobunaga can be nathan
hideyoshi can be henry
mitsunari can be mike
shingen can be steven
kenshen can be kenny
noboyuki can be nick
yukimura can be bill, because there is no western name that starts with a y

it only gimps shurikens and they are worthless
if you want unlimited ninjutsu, run nekomata + tanuki as a spirits and have one piece of iga + extraction/pleiades
one LW will restore all your ninjutsu charges, and Nekomata is charged by one extraction/pleiades flame dragon

is there a good all rounder armor set? I respec so often and use so many different weapons that my inventory is getting so cluttered and I just want to get rid of it.

when in doubt, tatenashi or kigetsu

>because there is no western name that starts with a y
Yuri?

Yuri?

Which skill has the highest potential for burst damage?

Nioh 2 will take care of that for you.

>Ieyasu was waiting for Hideyoshi to die
As opposed to what, killing him in his sleep or rebelling against him while he lived? He was loyal. The man himself named Ieyasu his successor. He didn't need to plot shit until Mitsunari led a rebellion.

There was zero fucking honor in what Yukimura did. Just a glorified suicide and an attempt to take as many with him as he could.

is there a way to like make an item look like another?
I really dont like the loop at the end of this sword i got from a revenant

Go visit your local blacksmith.

refasion at the smith

I wonder how Tome smells after a hard day of work.

So if i've finished the dlc and the 1st 5 levels of the abyss withount even getting rid of the debuffs am I set for way of the strong with my current gear? Do I even get anything fromndoing every area in wag of the syrong or should I just try and clear it as soon as I can.

On a side note, where can you get the divine kaido and obsidian set? Revnants never drop it.

The DLC on Way of the Samurai is harder than the first few regions on Way of the Strong. You will breeze through WoTS now if you kept your gear up to date through the DLC.

I wish Tome had a bigger chin, she would look like potato

Just finished maxing Odachi profficiency.
Which weapon do I focus on now?

less potato

>t. dsp

This should help
youtu.be/hDsdkoln59A

What's a fun weapon with Tonfa?

Tonfa

What kind of onmyo/ninjitsu should I be using for buffs/debuff style

>24
It felt more like 60.
I was so fed up by the end that I summoned somebody.

Can say, I am not looking forward to the Twilight version or the later fight.

Beat maria just fine but can't beat THE DRAGON OF THE NORTH in sub-mission form
what happened?

>didn't know this table existed
>look around menus
>there are two different prestige types

But user you still have to beat her and her husbando together.

Which is what I meant with "or the later fight.".

He's ezpz in the story mission because he only spends half the fight in super saiyan mode. In the sub mission he goes all out from the beginning like Yukimura.

isn't having multiple 2 piece bonuses better than one big bonus? raging bull 4 piece is pretty good. Unless they don't stack?

This game has lots of detailed menus, check out the gameplay record, tons and tons of details about your personal stats.

Fighting humans is infinitely more fun that fighting yokai

Is Dual Sword/Kusa a viable build going forward into NG++/NG+++? Or should I abandon it now and become more comfortable with a better build while I'm in NG+?

Do I just wait it out?
he seems to have infinite stamina, I have been just using ground fire traps and trying to cheese him

You can't wait it out, as soon as it's gone he triggers it again.

kusa is the most powerful weapon in the game

I don't remember reading that Hideyoshi named Ieyasu.

Also since this topic stemmed from Spirit of Sanada, that definitely didn't paint him as loyal to Hideyoshi, it made him look like he was constantly plotting until the right moment.

"After his death, the other members of the Council of Five Regents were unable to keep the ambitions of Tokugawa Ieyasu in check. Two of Hideyoshi's top generals, Katō Kiyomasa and Fukushima Masanori, had fought bravely during the war but returned to find the Toyotomi clan castellan Ishida Mitsunari in power. He held the generals in contempt, and they sided with Tokugawa Ieyasu. Hideyoshi's underage son and designated successor Hideyori lost the power his father once held, and Tokugawa Ieyasu was declared Shogun following the Battle of Sekigahara in 1600."

Just pulled this up right now.

Tatenashi's bonuses outweigh a bunch of two pieces.
Run Tatenashi with Yasakani Magatama to only require four pieces of armor then fill that last armor slot along with weapon slots with other pieces to get some two piece bonuses.