/indie/ Indie and Misc. Games General

Previous thread >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as A Hat in Time, Hollow Knight, RUINER, Cuphead, Heat Signature, Steamworld Dig 2, LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Rain World, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/481180/System_Crash/
store.steampowered.com/app/495480/Visual_Novel_Maker/
youtu.be/udCN6tFWxQs
support.hatintime.com/hc/en-us
pastebin.com/07c1tSuE
youtube.com/watch?v=9KsLbUYwF70
youtube.com/watch?v=me8ARBf6wHU
youtube.com/watch?v=19FMpNtN0pw
hatintime-mods.net/index.php?thread/2-how-to-make-a-new-hat/
hatintime-mods.net/index.php?thread/15-creating-custom-dialogs/
youtube.com/watch?v=7MUe1HVmX8E
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1163274530
mediafire.com/file/ajcm6b5ib5fmfns/
mediafire.com/file/668r6yp9ln7jkwn/
mediafire.com/file/vet0538dbs5kj5r/
hatintime.com/public/AHatinTime_Manual_Official.pdf
pastebin.com/mNyPzbrM
mega.nz/#F!4GQggJjA!-S4M9tawFGHBdjjbVBGOIQ
mega.nz/#!Qn5XiZpK!Qxunhpru1y9d5QMRMvydUHqJzv-PNOs7mgearp4Mcl8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

can't even get a nap cause you fagets let it die, god damn

i bet it's you who didn't bump it
confess

I among many others

why did you guys fail me?

>DD
>pretty far into the game now
>almost all town upgrades done
>almost entire roster 5+
>do some lower dungeons with mid level characters
>literally breeze through it
>green collector used to almost wipe me at the beginning of the game
>now dies in 2 turns
os the scaling just insane or what's happening? Didn't notice how much better I got.

It's tradition

game just throws you a bone before you get anally ravaged and ragequit.
are you the radiantanon?
if yes then you might have the chance

Stardew Valley's finally getting multiplayer soon and Abigail still eats rocks. Does this mean her pica is canon now?

Yeah I'm on radiant. I never dared to try the Darkest Dungeon, yet, just because I got deeply ravaged a few times on champ dungeons. I also beat some though. It's difficult to judge when I'm ready.
Noticed today that I never upgraded any skills for reynauld. He's already level 5.

I just thought she's pretending to be a dragonkin or something.

good luck user, i lost 25 level 6 chars and spent 100+ hours on DD and didn't beat first one.
Call me unlucky if you want

So if the northern door leads to a Free Drone's hideout and the southern door leads to Elwood's house, what do the doors on the west and east lead to, and how do I unlock them? I don't think I've never opened them in the game.

They lead to Expedition, you can open them SOON.

underrail is a meme poopy geimu

They lead to absolutely fucking nothing. There is nothing behind those doors, they are basically decoration.

Personally, I like to think that since she's probably the wizard's daughter she can eat just about anything because lolmagic i don't gotta explain shit type reasons

reminder that underrail is poopoo and expedition never

maybe you just need to aim better

how about i don't play it because it's poopee

anyone played link?
store.steampowered.com/app/481180/System_Crash/
i really want some cyberpunk game but everything is shit shovelware

The first DD isn't all that bad, and the Smabler at the end is pretty simple to deal with.

It's the teleporting maze that fucks your shit up and rapes your babies.

So turret explode when heavily damaged! Now I know.

>the longer my colony goes on, the more my colonists look like mutant freaks from battle injuries

>takes so much to unlock bosses in DD that by the time I do, everyone is too overpowered to join the mission

This is bullshit, I get that the game is trying to keep the challenge, but why should I assemble some noobs when I already have an army with multiple team options?

artificial grind and difficulty, artificially make game longer.

Also not sure if you know but after you party comes back from Darkest Dungeon they can't go back into the next cause of trauma. You need to level up whole new batch for next dungeon.
Unless that was changed in radiant

>Unless that was changed in radiant

I think in radiant, heroes can go back to the Darkest Dungeon, they just take some stress at the beginning of the dungeon.

I am not the guy playing on radiant, I am on the middle difficulty. Fuck.

God have mercy on your soul.
Pray to RNGesus

Slime Rancher
Does somebody know why this thing lags on my laptop on lowest settings despite it being able to run Supreme Commander without much problems?

Such is life in The Rim.

What's an easy thing I can make to sell to Bulk Traders in Rimworld? Stone art?

It's a badly optimized indie game. Also, Supreme Commander is more CPU heavy than anything else.

>It's a badly optimized indie game.
I got 3.2 GHz processor on Turbo, integrated video card with up to 2GB and 8GB of RAM and you're telling me it's not enough for indie game? Christ. In what it was programmed? In Brainfuck?

What's the integrated card exactly?

>Christ. In what it was programmed? In Brainfuck?
U N I T Y
N
I
T
Y

HD Graphics 3000

Would Godot be more efficient? Asking for a friend.

>HD Graphics 3000
ah fellow user suffering just like me

I wouldn't even complain (it's still a fucking upgrade from my medieval PC), but the fact that Intel is too fucking lazy to update thing so it could run OpenGL 3.3 made me mad.

i'm abroad on my dad's borrowed laptop, this is truly 9th circle.
I optimized it as much as i could but it still lags just browsing desktop.
end my suffering

>build 2 layers of sandbags for cover
>my colonists still get shredded by bullets
>place some rocks using a dumping stockpile
>my colonists barely get hurt

TY you son of a bitch

>suffering
I made an equivalent of about $500 last month.
I would have to pay about whole day's pay to buy Slime Rancher, for example.

Can someone who worked with Unity tell me what the fuck is this about the recent PoE patches that barely change anything but are several GBs large? Obsidian said that its Unity's fault that they can't do small patches, but that can't possibly be true. I have a whole bunch of PoE patches from way back that are just a few MBs. So what is this bullshit?

you just got unlucky. sandbags give a higher cover bonus than rocks

I literally don't remember anything, but wasn't there an updaye for one game, that was simply a Chinese translation?

>500$
rich life boi, i made 416$ equivalent back home a month

Western slav? Sounds too rich to be Russian.

Poland, and ironically i am helping with family business in Bongland now.

Please tell me at least that $416 was after taxes, health care, and it counts towards your pension.

hahahhahahahha
no

Damn.

Say, have you considered moving to Sweden and applying for gibs?

i don't have money for moving, and i don't think beheading is worth the gibs

goodnight bump
I swear, don't let it die or i will rape you all

I'm going to crash this thread, with no survivors

Cassandra Classic is just rough once you get the tiniest amount of stash wealth. I had like 2000 wood and 1000 steel and she sent like 12 raiders.

Hello, I just started playing Darkest Dungeon this evening. My normal laptop is sub toaster levels of ability, but I now have access to something that can play it so I figured If startup a campign. Anything I should be aware of, or watch out for? Right now I'm noticing that stacking Blight seems to be really good, Stun is okay but you don't seem to be able to chain stun, and I have no idea how the position in the party really affects how enemies target you.

Enemies have ranges like you do depending on where they're positioned. You can click on them to see. The goblet skeleton PIECE OF SHIT usually hits people in the back with the stress attack for example.

If you're exploring a dungeon, and you see an alter with a big red orb, putting a torch in it will summon a strong boss, so don't do so unless you think your party is up to snuff.

If you find your missions are failing due to heroes getting too stressed (when a hero gets too stress, they usually go crazy and mess up battles), focus on killing the enemies that inflict stress first.

Don't attack Wilbur first.

Some enemies can only hit certain positions. For example, the knight skeletons can only hit the front two ranks of heroes.

What the heck do I do for wood in the arid plains? Do I have to grow my own trees like some kind of peasant?

user is going to be angry if we let this thread die too.

Ren'Py is finished?
store.steampowered.com/app/495480/Visual_Novel_Maker/

looks pretty unfinished to me
plus it's sixty fucking dollars, isn't renpy free?

It's time to let go.

/indie/ never dies for real.

our electronic old men and their 'flexibility' has allowed us to make progress in the mythical city on the hill

I hope the Hat in Time general will die so I can talk about it here.

>freeware with an experienced fanbase
>finished by a sixty dollars software
Maybe for people who can't use Python.

>page 10
So no Grimdawn and not Hat in Time.
What else can I talk about here to keep that general alive?

Siema.
Poland here too. Working at gas station on the outside, I'm dying of boredom and cold there.
After February I will be working at bakery, nearly 550$, 36 hours a week.
Then guess I will be going to Czech Republic, I'm pretty close.

>a colonist is fleeing from pirates and asks to join
>his name is sissy
>he's a pacifist

i don't know what i expected

>CLASSIC GAME 2

that's not funny

Dude, you can talk about both games here. I only brought up Hat Game general because I decided it would be relevant to the interests of the person who really liked the game (not sure if it was you or not).

It was me, but there's nothing much to discuss there. Everyone finished the game, so instead of posting memes, they're dying.

kurwa, good luck

>playing hat in time
>"enablecheats does not disable achievements."
Good to know I could've cheated that fucking infiltration mission.

youtu.be/udCN6tFWxQs
Boss music of the year.

>achievements being the only thing stopping you from cheating
>caring about achievements at all

And his wink is adorable.

You got it wrong. I didn't want to cheat in the first place, but the "don't be seen" achievement caused me a lot of resets, and it bothers me to know that it means nothing, since any scrub can just ghost his way through the level.

Achievements are supposed to show off your skills and dedication to a game, since they're challenges that you choose to accept.

Gotta do it for yourself user.

>Guild Wars 2 general finally died
the general has been a cancer filled, bot-flooded piece of garbage for months, and while the game is still decent, it's also been over 5 years since release. Part of me feels kinda sad to see it gone. I spent so many years on that game, now I barely even log in to grab the daily.
Anyone else know that feel?

Nah, gw2 was shit from the beginning.

>Achievements are supposed to show off your skills and dedication to a game, since they're challenges that you choose to accept.
You can beat those challenges and any other self-imposed challenge you can possibly think of without caring about a worthless in-game confirmation. Crazy concept, I know.

Also, let's be honest- 90% of vidya achievments these days are statistics-tier shit such as

>kill your first enemy
>kill boss x
>beat act y
>finish the game

That's precisely why I accepted to try Hat In Time's achivements. If it was stuff like "get all the rewards" or "collect all the yarn", I wouldn't have bothered, but some of them were actually real challenges, and were truly fun to play.

I did, but now that I 100%'d the game and got all the achievements, I feel empty. It'll probably take months before good mods arrive.

Since the Hat in Time general is dying, I'm pasting their OP here, someone should make it a pastebin or something to save it :
>Latest News
The console releases are still coming out "this fall!" Reports that it wasn't happening until Spring were based on a typo. Whoops.

>Official FAQ
support.hatintime.com/hc/en-us

>Unofficial FAQ
pastebin.com/07c1tSuE

>Modding Guides
To play mods, go to properties on the game and opt into the modding beta (currently steam only, GOG soon™). A mod option will appear at the bottom of the pause menu if it's working.
If you want to start using the modding tools, download the Hat in Time editor from the "Tools" section of steam library.
Beginner UDK Tutorial! - youtube.com/watch?v=9KsLbUYwF70
Importing Assets! - youtube.com/watch?v=me8ARBf6wHU
Dyes! - youtube.com/watch?v=19FMpNtN0pw
Hats! - hatintime-mods.net/index.php?thread/2-how-to-make-a-new-hat/
Dialogue! - hatintime-mods.net/index.php?thread/15-creating-custom-dialogs/
Language Packs? - youtube.com/watch?v=7MUe1HVmX8E
Console Commands! - steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1163274530

>Art Rips (Shouldn't look at these til you beat the game)
Subcon/Vanessa Manor - mediafire.com/file/ajcm6b5ib5fmfns/
Hub - mediafire.com/file/668r6yp9ln7jkwn/
Dead Bird - mediafire.com/file/vet0538dbs5kj5r/

>Other Links
Official Manual - hatintime.com/public/AHatinTime_Manual_Official.pdf
Diary Entries - pastebin.com/mNyPzbrM
Official OST (MP3): mega.nz/#F!4GQggJjA!-S4M9tawFGHBdjjbVBGOIQ
Ripped OST (Ogg, has more tracks not in the official one): mega.nz/#!Qn5XiZpK!Qxunhpru1y9d5QMRMvydUHqJzv-PNOs7mgearp4Mcl8

You are obsessed with them.
Stop.

Fuck off, it's relevant to this general, and there are useful links.

I mean I don't think they have any intention of letting their general die.

They don't have any activity. It's just a matter of time before they do, and I'd rather copy the links here just in case rather than have to travel to the archives.

If they manage to stay alive, all the better for them.

I mostly just got the impression that you desired that general to die.

I don't care much about them staying alive, since I think it belongs to /indie/. But at the same time, if it has enough activity to need its own general, then let it stay within its own general.

I'll get annoyed if they keep on bumping their own general every time it reaches page 10.

>champion drowned crew
>hellion is already selfish and keeps passing turns
>crew always heals back to full after about 1/4 of their health because I can't kill anchorman quickly enough.
>legendary plague doctor manages to bleed out at the beginning of my turn
>man at arms snaps, gets powerful virtue
>he's now immune to anchorman's anchor
mfw the fight is now a cakewalk

Congrats, you only lost an hellion.

naaah, I lost my PD.
Hellion made it.
At least I have a backup PD in my roster, and got to hire another level 3 PD right of the cart.

Congrats. You only lost your hellion.

She died to a knife in the back. Selfish heroes tend to die.

>people enjoying games
>in MY /indie/
Ew.

MDK free on gog

>mdk
What's that game?

Murder Death Kill

>rimworld
>new game
>fucking poison ship early
>best i have is a lmg and 3 bolt rifles

what are you even supposed to do if rng shits on you early with these events all i can do is reload for another event

fucking youngfags reeeeeeee