T. /gsg/ - Traditional Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 21st of November:
1386 – Timur of Samarkand captures and sacks the Georgian capital of Tbilisi, taking King Bagrat V of Georgia captive.
1861 – American Civil War: Confederate President Jefferson Davis appoints Judah Benjamin Secretary of War.
1920 – Irish War of Independence: In Dublin, 31 people are killed in what became known as "Bloody Sunday".
1964 – Second Vatican Council: The third session of the Roman Catholic Church's ecumenical council closes.

# Waggle Pastebin
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

# Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
CK2 DD 06/11
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1053632
EU4 DD 14/11
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1054598

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>[V2] - Victoria 2 : Bronies Crusaders, A alternate History
indiedb.com/games/victoria-ii/downloads/bronies-crusaders

>[V2] - 7 Years Mod
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

>[V2] - New Liangmod
mediafire.com/download/fm7kgwo9m83yqxu/New Liang.rar

>[V2] - Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>[V2] - Cold War Enhancement Mod
github.com/settintotrieste/Victoria-2-Cold-War-Enhancement-Mod-CWE

>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>[CK2] - When the World Stopped Making Sense
github.com/loup99/WtWSMS

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Section_of_the_Workers'_International
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clan_Cranstoun
discord.gg/kHaVVZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>not using proper infopic
cancer

Remember to report and ignore shitposting

Is this a regular falseflag or a double falseflag?

what's with the white background for the infopic?

neither, its 100% truth

How's this, user?

>monarcucks

Another idea, if you want something more simplified.

ebin :D:D:D

AFPG is making black supremacist Haiti YEASSSSSSSS IM CUMMING WILLY JUICE HOW CAN HE BE SO BASED?!?!?!?!?

>winning a war gives +1 stab when war exhaustation is 0
yay or nay

There's a few ways you could do it if you want, I think a good base would be the red background of Normandy with the French-stylized cross and sickle if you want an easy flag or something based off the French section of the International: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Section_of_the_Workers'_International

Or if you really want to be meme you can just use the Commune of France symbol and just use it for Normandy with a lion somewhere in the middle.

Its historical though?

kinda of interesting desu, but don't think it would work too well with the instantaneous nature of mana spending in eu4.

I don't think either of these is going to look that good when placed in the ck2 COA boarder. Can someone check that for me?

eu IV

>siege enemy
>six years siege

>enemy siege me
>2 days siege

Zoroastrian Yazd guy here
Can you perhaps make a flag for a Greek/Griko Italy, Assyria, and/or a Coptic Egypt flag for EU4?
Sorry for just dumping these requests on you

What does a leaf have to do with celts?

how can I assimilate BASED Africans into Afro Antillean without having to accept wh*Te immigrants?

Suddenly innovative ideas got a lot better

No, you'd be able to buy stab for 75 birds by just declaring war on OPMs every time a truce with one is up or get it for free with innovative. Plus it doesn't make any sense for your nation to get more stable for getting out of a war unless that war caused you to lose stability in the first place.

Uh I asked a question?

I'm not talking about celts ya brainless simps

learn to pay attention

okay, vs a rival
A quick war has often been seen as a quick unifier of an unpopular monarch

>196252897
*Ignores you*

But you acknowledged my post therefore not ignoring me?

>simp
go back to your containment board

Who?

I misquoted....fuck my life........

>literally
Don't use words incorrectly, even ironically. They'll creep their way into your vocabulary and stay there. [spioler] trust me before it's too late [/spoiler]
I post my political opinions here sometimes and they're often not accepted. I'm intentionally avoiding saying what they are. If that becomes associated in any way with my games or possible future AAR it'll ruin a lot of the fun of it.
Plus like I said I'm often about 1/8 of this general's activity, and that's during it's "prime" hours. I just don't want to be identified, if you like non-anonymous discussion unironically go somewhere else for that. I often browse regular old forums, but that's not what this place is for.

MAKE MY FLAG NOW!!!!! It's 11 IN THE UK I NEED SLEEP OR I WONT BE ABLE TO HAVE A GROSS HAITIUMS

Thanks, good answer.

I went with Battle Terrain Mastery since my other attribute was Siege. I figure it will help me get away in case I get caught.

>[spioler]
I bloody hate typing on mobile

then don't use a device made for brainlets

Sendai it's half 11 go to bed xx and are you a commie?

>mobile poster
>samefag
>edgy political opinions
you are a special kind of cancer
please start posting with a trip so i can filter you

>custom nation
>ibadi
>republic
>1 yearly republican tradition as national idea
>at game start choose the shia school with 0.5 republican tradition
>re elect ruler, drop to 90 RT
>gain 2.5 RT a year
>next election at 100 RT, relect

>strategy games have RNG

>too low energy for odds

>mobile poster
I hate it too but my hard drive died and I'm getting a new one, for now I'm stuck with this.
>samefag
Good bait.
>edgy political opinions
Oh they're not edgy, they're just disliked by a lot of people.

>Good bait.
you literally said you samefag and change your posting style so nobody can recognize you

Tell us you political opinions faggot

white men

R8

>you literally said you samefag and change your posting style so nobody can recognize you
I don't reapond to my own posts unless I want to clarify something, when I do that I maintain the same posting style.
I just change my writing style between different posts.

>going past the Rhine as any French nation
5/10
Other than that, go for Lotharingia borders

Terrible. Only redeeming thing is Tunis not letting Portujews blob further in the Maghreb.

What have you been doing for 100 years?

>going past the Rhine as any French nation
Why is this bad again? I'm fucking confused

It's not aesthetic

MUH

Having fun.

I still don't understand

EMPIRE
Brunswick has had a Bourgogne for like 70 years now, and hope to claim it when Brandenburg is looking the other way
It’s what Joffre wanted the Versailles treaty

You have a problem with whites?

Have you just been clicking on estates and techs when they are available? Burgundy should be in 1st place within 50 years for a new player. Would you like some help/advice?

Proper French borders are the italic nations minus Romania and North west Africa

Building up my nation, pressing my dukes claims, making sure the people are happy, being the bastion of Protestantism

>what is a fort?

Finally got it, took a while, but I did it.

Do you not?

I've heard that it's ok to be white.

Looks good, could you just make the blue border a little darker? It's great otherwise

It's not btw
Haiti flag

>not going at your own pace
>not helping your allies in their wars
If I wanted to power game I’d be playing HOI4 or Vicky 2, while I’m just role playing here
Also burgundy gets shit man power unless you invest mil mana then get behind the game
Flanders and Holland are still there because my regent thought it would be a good idea if we had just one port for trade to go to and through
Nevers is there as a march in all but name
Whilst cologne and it’s neighbour survived the last war only because they promised to let Hessian Protestants rule them

>It’s what Joffre wanted the Versailles treaty
Whovcares about some faggy treaty?

>Burgundy should be in 1st place within 50 years for a new player.
The absolute state of EU4, where BURGUNDY played by a noob should be the most powerful nation in the world in 50 years of playtime

I didn't power game either. I RPed as Charles the Bold and - knowing his ambitions for his Duchy - tried to imagine what he would have done at the exact moment of France and England's weakness. The end result is 1st place by the end of his rein and that's being a history RPfag.

Like this?

I'll do it right now if you tell me kinda what you wanna see in it.

Papal states just allied The Ottomans. I'm out lads.

Perfect, thanks
Btw that's a real coat of arm of an italian dude who had Mary Stuart as ancestor

Hey, if the sultan protects the patriarch of Istanbul, surely he would protect the pope from German tyranny, right?

white men

Please don't use that kind of disgusting language here.

Ah him dying 7 years into my game didn’t help
Felt so good releasing Lorraine and then they’re Bourgonne
>Austria, Russia and the poles all paid tribute to the Sultan, king of kings, son of Muhammad; brother of the sun and moon; grandson and viceroy of God; ruler of the kingdoms of Macedonia, Babylon, Jerusalem, Upper and Lower Egypt; emperor of emperors; sovereign of sovereigns; extraordinary knight, never defeated; steadfast guardian of the tomb of Jesus Christ; trustee chosen by God Himself; the hope and comfort of Muslims; confounder and great defender of Christians

From what I could find, the cranes part comes from the Clan Cranstoun en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clan_Cranstoun
If I may be curious, what did you want it for? Does this CoA hold any special meaning to you?

im raging m8

Thinking of making a Vicky II mod based on HPM, where the entirety of Europe, mainland Asia, and North America are wiped out by plague. Might have a few mountain survivalist pockets like Tibet.

A cripple fight between Latin Americans, Insular Greeks, Africans, Sri Lankans, and Southeast Asians could be interesting. Europe and the eastern US would actually be hugely important colonial areas due to all the coal and iron.

Fuck euroshitters and everyone who plays as one. I'm just trying to have a comfy Native American game when Pope declares all of the East Coast Scottish property and even though we were cool before this Scotland goes -100 and will not stop insulting and claiming my land. The worst part is I don't want to declare war on them because none of my allies are willing and probably not even string enough to fight with me. Then while I'm warring with some other shitbag the French come out of nowhere and think they're entitled to my land as well.
tl;dr Euros are scum

If anyone wants to join a discord group that has a Veeky Forums attitude(not entirely, but 80% used to or still lurk various boards), you can join the Kingmaker League.We have our own mod aswell and we host every saturday.If you want to join or just hang around make sure to check it out.

discord.gg/kHaVVZ

And don't forget the 10 Australians holding out against the emu hordes, and the 2 desperate proto-Kiwis cooperating with the Maori to develop what is now one of the most populous countries in the world.

>the cranes part comes from the Clan Cranstoun
I'm not sure if that's where the cranes are from, I figured it was from his italian side of the family, he was a guy who bought a 18th century palace and turned into a university
>Does this CoA hold any special meaning to you?
Not really, I just saw it in a hallway of said palace and thought it would be cool to use it as a dynastic shield in ck2, that's all

let them build up a colonial, then declear war on that colonial.
Scotland won't get drawn in.

For what game?

>CKII
>Form a Norse merchant republic, proceed to make Germanic gr8 again
>Eventually vassalize the Jomsvikings
>Become giant blob, not because I wanted to but because the Fylkirate was briefly wrested from my dynasty and so the Prince Mayor of Moray ends up calling great holy wars left and right
>Eventually the Jomsvikings warchief breaks out on his own and conquers Africa
>Becomes king of Africa and warchief of the Jomsvikings
>Now I can't raise his troops
Is there any way to fix this? I guess it will eventually even itself out as he's still my vassal and I can raise his levies but I can't seem to raise the army in the holy order tab.

pls no bully about the blob you're jealous

Ah right, EUIV.On sundays we sometimes host ck2 with 10 players aswell.

If I try this and Scotland eats my asshole I'll have some very cross words for you sir

>10k men siege against an enemy level 2 fort
>6 years

>7k men enemy siege against my level 2 fort
>6 days

>Greek/Griko Italy, Assyria, and/or a Coptic Egypt flag
AFPguy already made the latter two. Here's the Assyrian one. I don't have the Egyptian one, though.

>If anyone wants to join a discord group that has a Veeky Forums attitude

Scratch that, I found it. There's also another version of the EU4 Assyrian flag that is just the modern Assyrian flag resized for EU4.

You'll see in the dec war window who joins before you actually send the declaration

Here's the other Assyrian flag. Personally I prefer the first one, as it looks more imperial and its easier to see ingame. It's what used in my Assyrian megacampaign that never got finished.

Do you know how forts work? You're putting more men than you have to on that siege and I'm guessing you don't have artillery, siege ability or generals with siege pips.

It's pretty fucking annoying when you tell an african player "fuck off nigger this is yuroland now" you get kicked for racism.3 groups i got kicked for shitposting after I won a war

Also here's another option for a Zoroastrian Persia.

You better continue it