twitch
.tv/wintergaming

new players:
pastebin.com/at3Tr8ta

f2p era

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eetGJMLrFwE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Been playing SC2 for about 1 month, only against AI because I was too bitch to try anything else
I did my placement matches (Random), lost all 5 of them, got into Silver 1
What fucking gives? I wanted to be in Bronze

gay brotoss

>In 2018, StarCraft2 team will continue with coach Cha Jihoon, coachHa Taejun, sOs, Maru, Rogue, Trap, Cure, Creator.
We hope to all our fans to cheer us and love us in 2018 too.
Thank you.

WE ARE SAVED

anyone tried ritalin with sc2? bought a pack for exams, but might try em with ranked

anyone wanna practice some 1v1s? i was plat a few seasons ago. zerg

ask around in the chat channel maybe

really should not be linking winter in the op
one day I'm going to get around to making actual threads
not today, though

not mad, just makes me cringe. the community is pretty much dead anyways. i like playing the game tho, why would you care so much about the community

What about him is so bad exactly

youtube.com/watch?v=eetGJMLrFwE
something about him makes me uneasy

he mades guides for new players

jealousy, clearly

the new blood has never been so transparent
it's like they want me to take a vacation to the club
I don't leave though, this is my home and I will stick with it

Don't be an elitist asshole lmao
That's his worst video tho, not comparable to his actual content tbqh

ripip 6pool

>boohoo
>everyone doesnt agree with me
>i need muh safe space!!!! DDx
tell me, how much does it suck to be you right now?

Welcome to Starcraft
SC2 for Newbies
feardragon354

feel terrible

we could cuddle :3

physical human contact... they say you go crazy if you dont have it for too long...

like talking to someone or just being in physical proximity

only normies get sad or lonely, deal with it fagget

who hurt you my bb boy

is fapping to shemales gay?

can a video game general be your friend?

no

nope

pedophiles are made when faggots touch kids

checked the archive to see the last thread and saw this post
lmao

homosexuals are made when pedophile touch kids

4k viewers , why so ded

the time of the elves is over. my people are leaving these shores

the earth is 1/10th the size of what NASA is telling us
disprove me

NASA is actually saying the earth is 1/10th the size you think they are saying it is

you are aware jannitor that this was huge in the FPS scene? people taking amphetamines as performance enhancing drugs. Now do you understand the dry humor? and how this was relevant to video games and the topic at hand?

jesus stop thinking you know anything about videogames let alone starcraft starcraft2 e$ports and starcraft related topics

hes just a grump. he sent Veeky Forums.com his SSN and a pic of his ID to do volunteer work
and the jerks told him to skim our posts all the time

oh and they told him hes not allowed to let on hes a janitor or whatever.... who cares.. its all so silly
starshittwo

It takes your stats into account as well.

Say, for the sake of argument, all your placement matches were against diamond players, and you only barely lost all 5. You didn't get demolished by them and you gave them a god run for their money. Now would it be fair to put you in bronze? You would completely destroy bronze players.

This is what happened to you, but then in a less hyperbolic fashion.

the game is hard to get into, and it's hard to watch if you haven't played it before.
only vets and brave souls can enjoy it

Hmm, that makes sense. Guess it's a chance to learn/progress faster in Silver, and if I can't my MMR will eventually get to where I belong

theres really not much difference in bronze/silver and maybe even gold
well i'm not sure how league distribution works nowadays actually but i personally hit a wall hard once i got into platinum league and then diamond

you are right where you belong. welcome friend

until you hit diamond your rank doesn’t really matter, it just means you are lacking something fundamental in your play

if i only had a brain...

I am getting back into it after a decade hiatus. People worry so much about their precious little internet points, you see the same in Dota.

You are never going to go pro
When you stop playing this game (be it because real life gets in the way, or the game simply dies) nobody is ever going to care about your points. With those two things in mind, just click "join game" and enjoy yourself.

I have always viewed MMR as a tool put in place to ensure I am matched against an equal opponent so that I can enjoy the game better. Anyone who played original SC on battlenet without registering for the 3rd party ranking sites will understand this; "NOOBS ONLY, PLEASE JOIN" -> get stomped by some guy using his spare APM do make a zergling dance around your spidermines.

Goal is to enjoy yourself, MMR helps facilitate this.

Back in WoL I hit diamond by, and I shit you not, spamming rax&rines.

Depot->rax->orbital->add 2 rax->mule->add 4th rax->don't miss a single cycle of rines or SCV's->expand the moment you float 400 minerals->moment 2nd CC is mining start adding on rax untill you have 8 rax->when you hit 400 float once more, expand again etc. etc.

1A rines to victory without even looking at the combat or micro. I would have games in which I would have 5 base and 20 rax losing marines like someone had left the tap running, but it didn't matter because they couldn't keep up with the production.

No idea if this would still work in LotV, only recently got back to playing (yesterday :^))

yeh i love my cat, so what?
he's a good boy~ ! ! !

i hear what you're saying, but i only have fun when im winning

You don't win much if you keep getting curbstomped by being placed against people out of your league.

MMR ensures you are in a place where you stand a good chance of winning, without stomping faces yourself.

Never got around to playing starcraft.
Decide to get into it today.
Pick zerg, idle untill I can place pool, idle some more untill it is done, rally zrglings to enemy base, build a queen for more eggs and zerglings. Win in 2:45.

babbies first zergrush. I feel dirty.

zergs are dirty people
literally dirty greasy gith guys with long hair

see hotbugtit, uh... that gay guy who streams too. nero?

I am military and play zerg, I am literally not allowed to be dirty or greasy, or have long hair. Come at me.

fun & games break:
find the zerg players in this photo

he confirms every single thing i've learned about people who play zerg

you'll be all dark & edgy when you get out with your ptsd

So after years of not playing I have come back. Does someone care to explain the reductionin mineral patches in the main? It used to be 24 workers per base, now it is 16. Is this to force more agressive expanding and discourage 1/2 base plays?

you answered your own question friend

its always been 16 for optimal saturation and 24 for max saturation

Yes, but it seems to be implied that 24 is oversaturated and 16 max saturated now with the big fat red numbers.

Cool.

i miss starting with less workers when you could use the early free time to pair them up

Thank you for your service.

24 is still the max, they chose to make anything over 16 red because workers 17-24 are partially wasted

bases do mine out faster in lotv compared to wol/hots though, so 1/2 base play is less effective regardless

well this isn't a custom map or a game based on one so it never really dies

top left

actually i take that back is the tyedye in the middle

you were right the first time

worded so hard
the game is ruined for me. those moments early on were so important to mentally collect yourself

How do I into zerg?

I am always lost playing these guys. After Roach/Ling/Bling I never know what to do and get demlishe by seigetanks or skytoss. I do OK vs zerg since it always seems to be a powerstruggle with roaches.

is it dylon

can you multitask enough to harass their base with mutas?

roaches and ravagers and hydras

lol roach brain

dylon long hair sunglasses, arik is to the left of him in the black ballcap
me on the left, 2 rows in front of them, 3rd over from the left in the neurosis t-shirt

charlie rose...

Not really yet, I am not comfortable enough with the fundamentals yet. It is just that I reach a point where I have 4 or 5 bases, can build ling/bling/roach and have 2 evo chambers getting upgrades, and I just go "well shit, now what?". Then I do something completely random that rarely if ever turns out well, like mix in a bunch of swarmhosts only for them to die a painfull death after I put them in the wrong hotkey group and A move them with my main force, I am honestly just plain old bad at the game :^).

I play dota at high levels, but this game, this game is on a different level entirely.

They made bronze super tiny, it's like the bottom 4% or something. Should be like the bottom 15% or so instead.

my friend is in bronze...tells me he doesnt need help. plays terran

I guess what I am saying is, is that I don't have a gameplan, and I don't have a gameplan because I am not familiar enough with the game.

Like when I play dota, I look at our heroes and their heroes, and I know exactly what I will be doing for the coming 50 minutes. I know how I will open, I know what items I will be getting, how I will be playing etc. I have a very exact plan which I follow that contains several variations/branches to account for decisions made by the enemy and my teammates.
My mind is not busy thinking of how to play, going through a list of dozens upon dozens of different things I COULD be doing, because before the game has even started I have already removed many of those options for being unviable. So all that time is freed up to think of actuall useful things.

In SC2 I am presented with a multitude of possibilities and I have little to no idea what works and what doesn't so I end up trying to analyze it in game.

Apropos, this means my games usually end during the early midgame, as either my opponent succumbs to me, or I get curbstomped. I basically never get o the lategame, and most certainly never get to see or make the "cool plays" you see on streams.

TL;DR this game is hard as fuck and the learning stages aren't all that much fun.

you can defend with lair units while you build up a giant pack of "so many mutas" that you can kill anything with before any mutas die. use that as your army. if you lose the mutas replacing them with ultralisks is a classic move.

I could give you more concrete advice if you played Terran but all I can really say is have a good opener and/or starting build per matchup, because that leads to good macro overall and know how the game works in regards to general strategy. i.e. if your opponent has better economy than you, and you have the better army, you have to attack and do damage.

right before you attack send 1 drone out to a lonely corner of the map to make an extractor so it doesnt die in the basetrade

Isn't that extremely cheesy and unstable, relying on the enemy simply not catching the fact that you have all those gasses going and hoping to god he doesn't get the appropriate counter to mass muta?

Also from what I understand mass muta is unsustainable on anything under 4 base, which is round about the time when I start struggling. Esepcially vs Terran, I have no idea how to deal with siegetanks mixed in with his bio. Are vipers the only way to deal with that shit, other than getting a good flank on him while they havent sieged yet.

i dont play zerg i just remember tons of games with late tech switching to mutas. artosis says keeping the pack alive when it's small is really important

but what about gooks

next op should just be a pastebin with "watch the gooks and do what they do"
most of these posts are the blind leading the blind

show me the ways

just pissed all over my b-ball shorts because i was cleaning my ears with q-tips while peeing

hose me down janman

MY BROOD RAINS FROM THE SKIES
>:3333333333333333333333333333333333333

frigging soaked them boyy

RIP
I wanted him to interview me once I finally got into Gold

goin to sleep soon, didn't get a full night's worth last night..

Take prednisone.
Sleep for four hours, eat one meal a day, still feel like a GOD.

so what black friday deals are you guys keeping an eye out for? might stay up all night for a gtx 1070

is there a steam sale?

yeah but why not pirate games. you cant steal a graphics card

i pirate everything except stuff you cant

rofl

fake as fuck
another transmission from the vomit comet

i dont get it. why did he grab him

hdd and ram