Who started the first world war? Germany or Austria-Hungary?

Who started the first world war? Germany or Austria-Hungary?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hand_(Serbia)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Serbs.

Serbia

> Who started the first world war? Germany or Austria-Hungary?

why not both

Serbs

Perfidious Albion's shenanigans

Terrorists

Nationalism

Oh look, the Wehraboo edgelords are awake.

Germany.

Even if you blame the Austrians, German foreign policy seized upon the death of Franz Ferdinand to pressure the Austrians into attacking Serbia in order to spark a wider war. The correspondance between the two foreign ministries confirms this.

>people actually blaming serbia

kys

Austria-Hungary, but its germany and russia's fault

Germany gave the greenlight to Austria to start it because they wanted to kick Russias ass before they got too industrialized and powerful.

The wikipedia article series of the lead upp to WWI is one of the best imho.

Belgium

The enemies started always the war:

... So now the sword has to judge
in the middle of a time of peace the enemy is ambushing us
take arms ... and so on

Onwards and upwards with God who will be with us, like he has been with our fathers!

Wilhelm.

Samefag.

The Wehrmacht came some times later ... in 1914-18 it was the Imperial German Army with the Imperial German Flying Corps, the Bavarian Army, the Armies of of Saxony and of Württemberg and finally the High Seas Fleet ...

Wehraboo is just a Reddit Fempire meme that means "anyone who likes anything German, ever".

You can go on about "muh blank cheque" all you want, but the fact is assassinating the heir to the throne is an act of war. It'd be like if a Mexican intelligence agent shot Mike Pence and then they tried to cover it up.

>Implying Princip had any ties to the Serbian government

If an illegal alien shot Trump or Pence it'd still be retarded to start a war with Mexico because of it.

Nice example muh heritage fag, so the Mexicans killing Maximilian and the Italians killed Elizabeth, and Austria didn't lift a finger.

>Nice example muh heritage fag
What are you even on about.

Princip and all of his accomplices, were Austro-Hungarian citizens

... hm, so I´m a Wehraboo if I like my car?

Probably, yes.

Frank Ferdinand because he got shot lol.

Fucking idiot

It was the driver who took the """""wrong""""" turn, 6/28 was an inside job.

>what is the difference between a nation state and a Reich

The Serbs started a regional conflict like the aggressive animals that they are and then Germany emptied a fucking drum of oil onto the fire.

WAAAAA STOP CALLING ME A WEHRABOO!!!

REDDIT!!!

REDDITTTTTT!!!

they literally fired the first shot

Austria declared war first. That's what counts.

But I agree that the german policy was about "there will go down a war very soon anyway, better start it on our terms".

With the ultimatum to Russia and the attack on Belgium, Germany turned the local conflict into a world war.Germany (primarely the OHL) gambled too much.

Serbs

Gavrilo Princip was a citizen of the Austro-Hungarian empire, the assassination was an inside job

>That's what counts.

Why?

Austria-Hungary started what was supposed to be a third Balkan War

Russia and Germany expanded it to become a World War.

but at the end of the day, Austria's decision to march on Belgrade is the key decision.

>the anglos MADE g*rmany invade a neutral country and litterally rape the shit out of it, while on the way to carry out a surprise attack on a third country
>Albion is perfidious for defending both attacked countries

Reducing history to memes might leave this impression, true.
The upstart German nation was a competitor to British hegemonial interests. Hardwood and steel production went on par with British production or surpassed it. The Berlin-Bagdad railway endangered their supremacy over oilfields.
The merchandise marks act was a first try to hinder German foreign trade success that grew by 250% while British only went up by 80%.
Thus it was Albion's policy to isolate Germany in Eurpe. Signing the Entente was another step. By 1911 they had established Germany as the enemy when the British General Staff promised 6 division for the case of a French war against Germany.
1907 British diplomats sugeested to the Russians to better secure their western border against Germany.
Germany building up a fleet was not only an economical attemt to secure seaways and colonies but also trying to make the country attractive as an ally for GB.

the serbian student

The Eternal Serb

Last I checked Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia, not on Serbia, Russian, France, Luxembourg and Belgium.

The blame lies somewhere between Germany and Russia, with the French laying by the side and poking them with a stick.

>suggesting other countries secure their borders and signing a defense pact with a country currently at peace justifies a 3rd country attacking out of the blue because you are economic competitors

This is pants-on-head retarded reasoning no matter which way you slice it. Mere alliances and reassurances from Britain to other countries cannot justify German taking the actual acting of declaring war, unless you want to argue that those states were somehow in Germany's "sphere of influence" and thus weren't really sovereign and couldn't ally with whoever they wanted. An outside state allying with another outside state may not be your ideal geopolitical situation but until they actually take military action against you it doesn't justify you doing so.

Grandpa would call that a jewstification

Austria, on Germany's orders

>It'd be like if a Mexican intelligence agent shot Mike Pence and then they tried to cover it up.

More like if one random American gun nut assassinated one Russian official and Russia declared war on America for that

Then again America started a war against Iraq because Saudi terrorist blew up the WTC

Princip wasn't a random gun nut. The black hand and the serbian secret service were behind the attack; the Serbian government knew about the plans.

>I cant disproove them, maybe if I tell them to commit suicide they will go away.

Learn history, faggot. Serbs funded the assassination and chimped out they got caught.

>The black hand and the serbian secret service were behind the attack; the Serbian government knew about the plans.

Care to provide a source

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hand_(Serbia)

Stay mad Serbia caused it.

>started a war
>started

The fuck does this even mean? That's not how history, politics or war are discussed.

I mean wars have beginnings, and thus have a cause. Fuck off post modernist shill.

This is sort of true, but it loses meaning when more than two actors are involved. For instance, GB did not initially have to go to war. Their "alliances" were not that strong. "Started" a war doesn't really make sense when discussing something as complicated as WWI.

I'm just assuming the spirit of the question is "What great power's actions first crossed the line between justifiable military action, if you even assume that any military action at the time was justifiable, and unlawful escalation of hostilities."
Or something along these lines

Well said.

>advocates a more careful approach to Serbia to avoid a war with Russia
>Serbs murder him and start WWI

History is full of little ironies, mainly because people are fucking retards.

serbia started the war, germany made it a world war

THIS

>what is the black hand

No matter how you turn it: Britain wanted that war and built up to it for at least two decades. If it hadn't been Belgium, Albion would've found a different excuse.
Germany asked France to stay out of this shit, France was uppity like before because Brit backing.
Like any country could've just pulled back in summer 1914... but yeah, the righteous narrative is much easier on the brain. It's also the victors' version.