Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Public Beta on 12/9, 3 days, 3 hunts: G. Jagras, Barroth, Anjanath, PS4 only, requires PSN+
↳Paris trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>Quick Reference
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld,
MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hDEHb2NTpo8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Huntresses

damn, that zinogre girl has some big _hair

Gurenzeburu for World!

>zinogre

Milsy-chan for MHW!!!

shit, i didn't see the fangs on the sides of her head
I just assumed because the green coloring

>mistaking the barioth armor with the zinogre armor
Are your blind?

I always confuse the kirin and barioth female sets, because fuck it, but thinking it was zinogre is completely unforgivable. Banish yourself.

youtu.be/hDEHb2NTpo8

>"realistic" monster

they're called animals

>Anime bullshit

>MH
>Animals
Hmm yes elementary

>monster has animals feature
>it becomes an animal

>simulating wildlife

Yes, simulate anime as fuck wildlife. The only worthwhile wildlife to simulate.

0/10 opinion

Those hunting simulators that actually handle bones and internal organs and shit are kinda neat

Uuuuhhh Oooohhh

[Obnoxious trumpet noises]

>Yian Garuga! I woke up all preggers! Who could have done this to me?

I sometimes wonder if the entire mh community is this retarded or we should just evacuate this general

>MH ""fans"" complaining about """anime""" and lack of """""realism"""""

Well they certainly aren't plants.

>MH ""fans"" blindly defending X/XX

>explicitly mentions zinogre as one of the things that breaks this initial design philosophy and makes the setting boring anime garbage
HMMMM...

mizutsune is literally a flower

>MH """""fans""""" blindly debasing X/XX

MH threads on /v/ are unironically better than this general outside of the occasional worm crying about world

fuck off XXsperm

>MH """""fans""""" blindly bashing on Frontier

>complaining about realism in a game based around killing fantasy monsters with hilariously oversized weapons and unpractical armor

ACKHTHUALLY MH IS BASED AS FUCK BECAUSE IT HAS GREAT ARMOR DESIGNS AND WEAPONS THAT AREN'T TOO ANIME

*realistically tears a hole in the fabric of space or some shit*
well said fellow oldfag

MUH SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF
*eats half his body weight in food*
WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE ANIMALS
*casually jumps off cliff and keep ankles unexploded

Yeah, all the other wildlife aren't nearly as unrealistic!

it's acceptable for elder dragons to do unrealistic animal things because they are not real animals

*wasn't a thing before 4th gen animized it*
your turn, 4bab

>animized

>comparing Astalos to Zinogre
????
No one can be this retarded.

Also listed, and more recent than zinogre. Can you read, user? Are you okay? Hello?

Nah, it's the same shit but faster

4u is undeniably mainline, so have you ever thought that maybe the series never actually cared that much about realism(HAAAAAAAAH) and that it was only your own vision fueled by autism?
You know, the people that actually make the setting and game usually know more about it than virgins on Veeky Forums who unironically think all reptiles are lizards

>4u is undeniably mainline
And 4th gen is undeniably where MH went to shit

That's what you get being a 4bab, you only saw the shitty recent games and assume that the series was always garbage.

D-D-D-DAS RITE

Post your favorite wildlife, Bros!!

As early as dos, people were complaining about the series going down the shitter design-wise, because that game added so many elder dragons when there were only three before and that was supposed to make them really special where now it was just "all the late game monsters are magical dragons."

They were right, of course. If it hadn't gotten worse than dos it would have probably been alright, and since it wiped the cast of most monsters including all elders and only added two new elder dragons tri struck about the same balance as MH1 and despite having monsters modeled on more eclectic wildlife still had believable monsters. I would say p3rd is where it truly started going downhill, but garuga, tigrex and nargacuga were early rumblings of the same problems p3rd exemplified and that pretty much became the norm in 4.

And guess who designed all three of those monsters and was also in charge of p3rd?

I want to ____ that octopus.

>ywn kiss this octopus

Nice bros, What animal is this?

>*eats half his body weight in food*
lots of animals in real life eat a shitton, user
hell, the arctic shrew eats at least its own body weight almost daily, and goes after damn near anything to meet that quota, even other shrews

Will MHWorld have online text chat? Wanna know if I'm gonna have to bust out my old USB keyboard I used for Tri/3U

He's talking about the hunter's buffet you dumb nigger

I'm not doubting you but how does that even work ? Do they shit out 90% of what they eat ? I mean if they didn't they'll double in weight pretty much every day right ?

Realismfags are basically lorefags on extra chromosomes

Small rodents generally shit constantly
And they move fast so they're burning a ton of energy all the time, that's why they eat so much. It's the same with hummingbirds.

>rajang shows up
>people shit on it for being dumb
>'nuuuuh shut up its only once and fun!'
>zinogre and brachydios shows up
>people complain about they looking awful
>'woooow you hate fun??!'
>fast forward and now at least half of every monster is a toy-like mistake
>anyone who dares to point out this sad fact is met with 'BUT LOOK AT ALL THESE CRAZY MONSTERS MH WAS ALWAYS LIKE THIS'
really makes me think

Hunters eat a lot because they are realistic human animals

bing trashidauntless

>this drives the neon poster to suicide

>monhun has always been crazy

correct

factually wrong

This is probably the worst general on this board

when was the great sword added?

>Prances into thread

Great sword was not crazy. It was very slow and unwieldy giving you enough suspension of disbelief.
Good design.

Thanks for hunting, always a blast

Anytime m8

NOOOOOO YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE DISCUSSING ABOUT REALISM AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH

>implying it didin't get ruined when the raths showed up
IT WAS A REALISTIC VELOCIRAPTOR KILLING SIMULATOR UNTIL THOSE ANIME DRAGONS CAME IN WITH THEIR ILLOGICAL FLIGHT AND ANIME FIRE BREATHING

I love that initially GS was just a shittertrap, something to appease the human flotsam that washed in from other jrpg fanbases while also marking them as retards that used a weapon that was both less fun and less effective than any other. Kinda miffed that it was later made and kept really fuckoff strong from crit draw and charge attacks.

>It was very slow and unwieldy giving you enough suspension of disbelief.
That's why you sheathe after attacking.

Video games should not necessarily be realistic, but they should make sense

Is everyone in this thread a virgin?

and now we live with styles, nu-LS, archdemon DS and the dreaded CB.
Truly MH became the trash it stood apart from before.

And they do make sense, according to the rules set in their own world

>When Koei makes a more realistic CB than Capcom could ever dream of, atop of having sensible gameplay that wasn't either a shitty GS or an overpowered Tri Lance depending on which game you play.
And that's not counting a few musou-esque attacks it has.

all of those were improvements that made the weapons fun to use.

>when someone acts as a dramatic retard but some of his points makes sense and it scares you
hold me

>believable monsters
>oh no this is now TOO MANY dragons
Give me a break, user. Monsters are inherently unbelievable. That's why they're monsters.
Rathalos, for instance, may strike you as "believable", but that's only because you're already familiar with his design he's as cookie cutter as a wyvern can get.
If we seriously want to pick about believability, the fact that he could even lift off of the ground and stay in the air for more than 20 seconds already breaks that. A "believable" rathalos would have to look like this.
Do you find the manticore "believable"? The hydra? Charybdis?
Of course not. They're monsters.
What you are arguing against is creativity and innovative design. Zinogre seems so jarring because you've never seen anything like that before. But why is that a bad thing?
Stop worrying about how believable it is and put more thought into why the design may or may not be appealing
And please don't try to bitch out of this and try to spin this to make it seem like I think Frontier rehashes are okay, because that also stands against the point.

>When Capcom makes a more relistic CB than Capcom could ever dream of, atop of having sensible gameplay that wasn't either a shitty GS or an overpowered tri lance (but could be either if you were willing to play suboptimally for style)
And musou is shit.

I thought we're talking realistic weapons and not magicshit? Try again.

I want more neon monsters.
Imagine Astalian where instead of green they're pink.
Yeah that sounds cool.

THIS
H
I
S

>Give me a break, user. Monsters are inherently unbelievable. That's why they're monsters.
Gonna stop you there.

I want to discuss about how monsters deserve to be captured and raped.

>Our goal was to create a world that feels like it could be real

they utterly failed in that regard since the very first game. not that it's an issue.

>they utterly failed in that regard since the very first game
Sure they did, Tribaby. Sure they did.

There's still a 4u room up if anyone is interested.

Also this

>animal FOR THE SERIES

rathian is my favorite (((animal)))