gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/LoneBuckshot
lonebuckshot.tumblr.com/
Veeky
youtube.com/watch?v=9CO6M2HsoIA
youtube.com/watch?v=YHuFJSdCVec
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I will one day become popular for creating a game engine.

unity

peaceful skeleton realm cybernator etc.

>Listening to chill out music on a live youtube stream
>Semi posting on Gab
>Following tutorials to slowly make a game
>Feeling lonely

Is this the dev life? Did I ask for this when I ordered some graph paper to do some level designs? Can I just go lay in bed and play Pokemon instead?

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Horror JRPG
Dev: LoneBuckshot
Tools: Unity
Web: twitter.com/LoneBuckshot & lonebuckshot.tumblr.com/
Progress:
+ Refined save game system so player can save anywhere they want
+ Implementing a failsafe so the player doesn't save right before bumping into an random encounter
+ New enemy
+ New maps
+ Polishing maps and map sprites
+ Art is suffering, but highly rewarding

don't forget the crippling anxiety and general feelings of unfulfilledness as you never complete projects

Is there anyone in /agdg/ making an RTS?

Would it be torture to even assume you could get players for an RTS in this day and age?

amateur gamedev is a very lonely activity.

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Unknown World
Dev: Dewdneym
Tools: RPG Maker VX Ace
Web: dewdneym.tumblr.com
Progress:
+ Worked on getting dungeon gimmick to function
+ worked on dungeon layout
+ made sprite for boss monster
- need to do more

Check your local area for meet ups, I went to a UE4 one and it was fun

noooiiiise

I have no interest in the sort of people who go to those meet ups. My experience is they're just there to get fucked up and the game deving is an excuse for them to meet up to do it.

Adding to the original post
>A fly just flew in my window and landed in my tea
>Now I don't even have a drink

okay guys tell me this about your game
Genre:
Mechanic:
Style:
Setting:
Goal:

Gotta go fast.

Imagine, you're having a jolly good time in the forest, admiring all the flowers and plants, then out of nowhere this little guy stabs you in the kidney and steals you credit card. I kinda want the leaf mimics to have high agility so they dodge and crit a lot, to complement the smug face they have.

So in the end I decided to enable saving everywhere. Now I just need to prevent accidentally saving in a bad position so you can't shoot yourself in the foot.

I need worthwhile reading on designing RPG stat systems, for someone who's completely clueless on how RPG stat systems work. Just trying to get Diablo or Roguelike-style loot drops and player stat scaling done in a way that doesn't blow things out of proportion.

Will yanks have trouble understanding how to play my game if I use the metric system instead of the retarded special snowflake shit they use?

Looks pretty cool! Are you planning to give the skeletons some weapons in the future?

i can support any game that features a rogue skeleton

why would anybody ever make an rts
i know theres someone in here
but there truly is no point to give a humanity like this an rts
no point what so ever

>the dread of not knowing if people even want to play your game
>the only way to know is to actually release it and sell it
>that constant worry if it's just going to be pirated instead
>feeling like you're wasting your life making games

If you're going full multiplayer I'd say it wont work unless you make the game free to play and really good. But single player could work.
I want to make an RTS one day. But I intend to go for a style more like Battalion Wars, where you control a single unit and command units to follow, wait, or attack. Sort of like in a MOBA, except that the unit you control isn't any stronger than the rest of the units.
Tooth and Tail was sort of like this, with a more simplified RTS mechanic. It has multiplayer, but it has a single player campaign. It did pretty well.

your game is still WAY too dark, literally zero contrast

Afraid not, its actually pretty close to done. This Apache bossfight is the last thing I need to add. It's a small game.

Turn it down, that's too loud.

RPG
FF combat and Archaic Minigames
Flat Pokemon 2D
Contemporary / Burglaring
Finish the story / Steal all the items in the game

>the sort of people who go to those meet ups
Sounds like you went to a pretty shitty one.

From my experience it was nice people, no multi-colored hipsters, some legit business people and in a swanky venue.

Added a new doggy enemy.

We live in different areas then mate

doggy is frend not enemie

>tea
London?

Genre: RPG
Mechanic: Focus on expanding a classic class system
Style: Gameboy Colour
Setting: Fantasy
Goal: I just wanna make a decent game, yo

I'll fucking cunt you if you open your whore mouth like that again.

I'm a bloody hour away from London and I hope the place is nuked daily

Genre: Objective-based action adventure (but most people would call it a shmup I guess)
Mechanic: Upgrading your ship with various parts
Style: Absolutely none.
Setting: Space with some planets
Goal: Level 1 complete by DD18

You'll have the option to avoid conflict with every enemy. Otherwise you'll have to deal with a whole gang of colorful pups eventually.

I give up

Maybe you wouldn't be lonely if you came and met all the lovely game devs

Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Computer_Science_and_Engineering

is this the undertale of turn-based rpgs

youtube.com/watch?v=9CO6M2HsoIA

how will you dev when the slaughterbots come to kill everyone?

agdg needs to buy these for nodevs

>terrorism
>when they're given support by the american congress
???

self-replicating bots is what will end us all
slaughterbots are still pretty scary
but that's how evolution goes

I've been alone in this dark room so long no one has a record of my face, so I think I'm safe

A bit. I had an idea for a game that stems from personal experiences and it just happens to fit into the same concept of Undertale's whole pacifist/genocide thing. In terms of mechanics and overall tone though not many similarities I don't think.

>tfw I'm a generic white male with no real interest in anything other than games and gamedev
phew, I'm safe.

Why do the shadows on pants disappear, it bothers me deeply

I've been toying with the idea of just removing the player's guns completely

Without guns, the only thing you can do is throw the enemies' bullets back at them. I guess you could call it some sort of... "throwback"? Bamboozled my way back into the GameOff

Alternatively, you can punch the bullets back, which thanks to the Vive's immersion capabilities is starting to take its toll on my furniture

Finished the run cycle, now to make a quick attack animation

You're too greedy to make games. Talk to gogem.

Is Discord the only option to chat to other devs here? I wouldn't mind adding a few guys on steam or whatever to chat as you work. It's must less intrustive than reading a thread is.

While you definitely shouldn't be in games for the money, doesn't mean you shouldn't expect money when they're released. Otherwise it's a bullshit "for exposure" argument

I'm making an RTS. Not a StarCraft but a 4X though.

Because I forgot to add them! Thanks for noticing, all fixed.

>discord isn't enough for him
Not gonna make it.

do you honestly read these threads and think to yourself "man, what pleasant fellows. i'd love to talk to them more!"
because i wouldn't be able to after trying to decipher how many layers of irony majority of posts are hidden behind

Now i can be happy
Thank you cuterpgdev

Your worry shouldn't be piracy, it should be going so unnoticed that your game isn't even uploaded as a torrent.

If someone went through the trouble, they obviously thought enough people cared about your game for it to be worth doing.

I don't really understand how you got greed from that.

If a game is worth someones time but not their money, it makes no sense and the developer should be compensating you for it.
We've really just come to accept that digital goods are easy to steal.

I think it's a bunch of assholes working on games. Same as me

>added hair bouncing to sprite
>now i can't just revert all frames to get a viable backwards moving animation
fuck

You're ok in my book

I mean the developer should be compensated, the fuck.

Real time grid based game.
Can it work? Are there any games that do it other than some grid based first person dungeon crawlers?

>book
haha you loser, I can't believe you read fucking nerd

Sitting around worrying about having money you haven't even earned yet taken from you is greed. Especially when pirating would only hurt your income so much and it can't be stopped and it's literally pointless to worry about - it's something only the terminally greedy think about. It's almost like a calling card for devs who will fail because they're too desperate for money or too greedy. Gogem is the best example I can think of. Don't be gogem just make your game and worry about people taking your money after you actually have something to take.

>Your worry shouldn't be piracy, it should be going so unnoticed that your game isn't even uploaded as a torrent.
Exactly. The only dev I know who seriously concerned himself with such things has a $0 patreon now and has been banned from steam. It's just a shiteating mindset to have and I don't think people who come at gamedev from that angle are really capable of anything. They should just quit.

I read on a kindle, now what faggot?

You're a fucking idiot. It's not greedy to be concerned that you will have a successful game but due to piracy it won't bring in enough money to be worth working on more.

Hobbies have budgets. We don't have unlimited free time or cash to spend. If someone requires making some money to be able to afford to dev and not get a second job to starve to death then it's a legit concern

you mean like bastard bonds?
youtube.com/watch?v=YHuFJSdCVec

it's turn based in battle but you move around a grid the entire time

Pleb. When i make my game I'll upload the torrent myself.

Who else gonna pirate bokube here

>You're a fucking idiot.
I'm not the one wringing his hands over fans I don't have stealing games I haven't made.

I hope you aren't putting lootboxes or other such predatory schemes in your game.

wasn't there a study done or some shit on how piracy actually doesn't affect sales at all?

reminds me of gogem and his "paywalls"
kek

yeah, for big AAA studios with massive marketing budgets. An indie dev is going to feel that shit.

piracy increases sales. People who are on the fence will pirate and buy if they like. Others wouldn't have bought any way.

Let you greed go. You must fight it. Resist the gogem inside.

>will pirate and buy if they like.
lmao, I never bought any game I pirated, what the fuck are you smoking

Im following a game maker yt tuttorial but for some reason my game stopped opening. It didnt crash, it simply stopped working. After trying taking pieces of code away 1 by 1 I realised that the problem comes from a Return function Im using in a script. It doesnt even matter if Im using it or if I ///// it, as long as return is there it simply wont open.
Anyone knows a way to fix this shit or a way to handle data grid collisions without using the Return function?

I've bought multiple games I've pirated and then recommended them to friends as well

this is a cope. you know for a fact even you have pirated a game, enjoyed the shit out of it and didn't buy it

amateur game downloading general

It's called the knockon effect retard. Poor people like you go on Veeky Forums to post about the games you pirated and then people who can afford games notice the popularity of the game and buy it.

Fucking have to explain everything to you babies.

It's wrong to think that one pirated copy = one lost sale, but it's equally silly to think that every person who pirates your game was never going to buy it.

There's a wide demographic of people in the middle who will pirate in some cases and buy in others, depending on how much they like the game, the relative ease of installation, how much they respect or know the developer, and additional benefits to the non-pirated version. You can see this on consoles, where piracy is technically possible but takes so much time and effort that most people still buy the games.

>tfw put up your own game with added jumpscares with earphonebreaking noise for free on piratebay and rarbg and then advertise it on your twitter while pretending to be a good guy

>Poor people like you
user I make 55k per year and yet pirate because 'I can'. Same thing for software in general, I'm sure I'm not boosting the sales of photoshop, Office, etc.

Isn't it true all that's needed to pirate console games is a CD burner? I know Pawn Shops are filled with counterfeit games.

Did they freeze you in the 90s?

Burning a CD is still more effort than downloading a file from TPB or Skidrow. I also thought in some cases you need to install new firmware on the console? Either way, that's enough effort that it deter some portion of the audience from piracy.

Another example: piracy on Android vs IOS.

>user I make 55k per year and yet pirate because 'I can'
Poverty is as poverty does. You might not consider yourself poor until you realize how many people out there can spend $60 on a game without blinking. It means nothing to them. For you it stings enough that you'd rather download indonesian malware. Think about that.

I'm going to upload my game to torrent sites myself, but the game will be forced to use the "Pirate English" translation option.

Get that Kotaku article, user

Megaman Battle Network, I guess. I mean, it technically has turns, but doesn't play like it.

oh I do spend on other hobbies user, don't get me wrong. I was talking strictly about pirating games.

>poor people ITT wonder why normies with disposable income buy games
???

Genre: Platformer
Mechanic: MegaMan w/ Grappling hook&Wavedashing
Style: Retro3D
Setting: High functioning daytime cyberpunk
Goal: Be fun as fuck with a kickass story

remake the game completely with pirate theme

More level art updates.

Also, FINALLY some work done on the shotguns, with firing and reloading animations. I did these differently from the handguns using a method that involves a whole fuckload less work synchronizing timing and position, which I'll use going forward. Also, updates to the reloading methodology to enable guns to specify (on an anim-specific basis) whether or not the reload animation will trigger a full magazine or will increment the ammo count by one. Currently, an Active Reload will always fill the mag (rather than increment by one) with Spec Ammo... I think I will keep it this way.

Unfortunately, new bugs: enemies hit by shotguns now don't always trigger knockback properly, and there's something wrong with the way the HUD elements for dialogue are being handled by the latest UE version which is causing massive, MASSIVE slowdown, probably because dialogue elements aren't self-destroying after their display is over (causing huge overdraw problems). And there's also some issues where Dixie T-Poses after dialogue.

I dunno, dialogue in general is gonna have to be revisited a bit I think.